The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread

+46
Valero's Conscience
d260005p
aja424
Mind the windows Tino.
Sir. badgerhands
School Project
huw
The genius of PBF
eddyfightfan
ChelskiFanski
Young_Towzer
Sugar Boy Sweetie
AlexHuckerby
fearlessBamber
oxring
TRUSSMAN66
coxy0001
ONETWOFOREVER
bellchees
whotobeA
Michaels, Sean
superflyweight
Daz
jimdig
joeyjojo618
STC
Il Gialloblu
compelling and rich
wow_junky
AdZacO
ADMIN
Fists of Fury
Jukebox Timebomb
HumanWindmill
Imperial Ghosty
Davie
The Galveston Giant
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Liam_Main
Rowley
John Bloody Wayne
BALTIMORA
D4thincarnation
Union Cane
Scottrf
Adam D
50 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread - Page 12 Empty The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread

Post by Adam D Fri 06 May 2011, 3:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

I, as well as countless other people have had enough of threads descending into utter drivel.

If you want to go wildly off topic and discuss things, then please do so in here.

Today alone has seen threads descend into conversations about Blazing Saddles, hot women, the Royal family, how to cook duck and now darts.

Is this really how we are going to attract new members?

If you want to talk about these or other similarly non boxing related matters, do so here and not on threads people have taken the time to write.

The Gloves is now open for business, now who is buying the first round?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:21 pm

d260005p wrote:I really dont know what happened to my last post. Thats happened twice now. And whoever stated that Povetkin fella was good needs to wobble his head.

Certainly nothing I did, d2. Cyber gremlins, I reckon.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread

Post by Scottrf Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:21 pm

Poketkin is good.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:25 pm

Scottrf wrote:Poketkin is good.
]

laughing

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:26 pm

Ever watched him fight?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:29 pm

d260005p wrote:True, but it be wierdly fun to watch because i think both of those heavyweights are a complete joke

Yes, it is a very stupid topic which I presume was written by a very stupid person.

Ruslan Chagaev was one of the finest amatuer boxers in the world and is one of only two men who hold a winning record against the legendary Olympian Felix Savon.
As a pro, his only defeat came against the No.1 HW on the planet.

Alexander Povetkin also shares a decorated amateur background, beating every opponent he faced and defeating the highly rated Roberto Cammarelle to win Olympic gold in 2004.

Not bad for complete jokes, eh?

Given the way far inferior boxers have been over-rated by the media and press, if either man was British, there would be a huge amount of respect and hype surrounding both.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:31 pm

Yeh saw his amazing clash with Eddie Chambers. What a barnstormer that was. Joke.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:32 pm

J.Benson II wrote:Yes, it is a very stupid topic which I presume was written by a very stupid person.

Oooooooohhhhhhhh sailer

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:33 pm

Who cares about the amateur pedigrees? That dont cut the mustard at the pro game. Simple as. Who have they faced in the pro rank? Chagaev was dominated by Klitshcko worse then Haye was and Haye wasnt an AMAZING AMATUER was he.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:34 pm

Steffan wrote:
J.Benson II wrote:Yes, it is a very stupid topic which I presume was written by a very stupid person.

Oooooooohhhhhhhh sailer

Tell me about it! haha! I thought i was having a bad day! As if im going believe that Pacman would fight at Heavyweight, it was just a thought id share.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:36 pm

It's a pretty pointless subject as the answer is so clear and the fact is Povetkin and Chagaev are the best fighters in the heavyweight division aside from the K bros, they're not brilliant but neither are they completely useless.

Your also right that world silver medallist David Haye was nothing as an amateur

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:38 pm

Reminds me of DAVE667 on one of his "DAMN YOU. STOP WRITING THESE ARTICLES YOU IMBECILE" rants

or Trussman on one of his "WHY DONT YOU IGNORANT BRITS JUST LISTEN TO ME FOR ONE FLIPPING SECOND" yank rages

Laugh

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:39 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:It's a pretty pointless subject as the answer is so clear and the fact is Povetkin and Chagaev are the best fighters in the heavyweight division aside from the K bros, they're not brilliant but neither are they completely useless.

Your also right that world silver medallist David Haye was nothing as an amateur

David Haye would batter both.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:41 pm

Given that d2 has pretty much said that this was designed to be light hearted, and given the direction in which it is heading, I'll give this five minutes and then merge it into the pub thread.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:43 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:Given that d2 has pretty much said that this was designed to be light hearted, and given the direction in which it is heading, I'll give this five minutes and then merge it into the pub thread.

I know, everybody has got heated on a random thought i had whilst sat at my desk! Unreal. Ill see you all in the pub though so we can discuss further. Very Happy

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:44 pm

Windy just seems like an utterly pointless debate to clutter up further any already very cluttered front page

Haye may beat them but doubt we'll see him in the ring with either

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Fri 22 Jul 2011, 7:12 pm

d260005p wrote:Who cares about the amateur pedigrees? That dont cut the mustard at the pro game. Simple as. Who have they faced in the pro rank? Chagaev was dominated by Klitshcko worse then Haye was and Haye wasnt an AMAZING AMATUER was he.

David Haye was an excellent amateur.

Amateur boxing is where skill and technique is learnt and developed. Which is why almost all the greatest boxers in history have had a rich and succesful amateur background.

Yes, Chagaev was dominated by Klitschko, just like almost all of Wlad's 50+ victims.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 23 Jul 2011, 5:37 pm

Amy Winehouse is dead.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 25 Jul 2011, 1:41 pm

David Haye was a very good amatuer.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 25 Jul 2011, 1:44 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:David Haye was a very good amatuer.

I drank a shedfull of guinness last night

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon 25 Jul 2011, 2:50 pm

i have to say i think povetkin is a great boxer, and will probably rule the roost once the k bros have disappeared. stick him in with fury or chisora and tell me they are both jokes. povetkin has one of the best workrates of all the heavyweights, and correct me if im wrong but has never even touched the canvas as a pro. ask chambers, byrd and firtha what they though of him.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Mon 25 Jul 2011, 3:33 pm

d260005p wrote:Who cares about the amateur pedigrees? That dont cut the mustard at the pro game. Simple as. Who have they faced in the pro rank? Chagaev was dominated by Klitshcko worse then Haye was and Haye wasnt an AMAZING AMATUER was he.

Haye was a World Amateur silver medalist, but you're right any bum on the street could win one... The major flaw with your argument is that you use Klitschko as an example but fail to acknowledge that he was an "AMAZING AMATUER".

Saying "Who cares about the amateur pedigrees? That don't cut the mustard at the pro game." highlights your ignorance on the subject. Many current top fighters boast stellar amateur careers. Take for example the original participants of the super 6. All were stand out amateurs in their own countries and four of them won medals at World or Olympic level. They were widely regarded as the best fighters in a strong division, with the exception of Lucien Bute. He himself won a Bronze at the World Championships.

Not every fighter follows up on their amateur exploits, Audley Harrison being the prime example, but with him I feel he wasn't mentally up for the challenge rather than not being skilled enough. Obviously some fighters have had next to no amateur experience and performed well as a pro, but saying that amateur careers mean nothing is way off the mark.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 25 Jul 2011, 3:57 pm

Vitali has sold 35k tickets with 40 days to go...

Source: Random ESB poster, but with links to their camp as he called Haye/Klitchkso as signed well before anyone else.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 25 Jul 2011, 6:40 pm

Kessler vs Steiglitz, hopefully Kessler takes his belt and gets involved.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Mon 25 Jul 2011, 6:50 pm

What happened to Bute vs Kessler? I know it was mooted at one point.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 25 Jul 2011, 6:56 pm

Not sure but I think it might be Bute vs Pavlik if Pavlik gets through his next fight/alcoholism.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Mon 25 Jul 2011, 7:06 pm

What's Steiglitz like? Never seen him fight.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 25 Jul 2011, 7:14 pm

Solid, but does nothing too great from the only fight I've seen. Threw mainly straight punches from range without opening up too often. But like you don't know much about him. Couldn't see him beating the other champs though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyviywIftlw

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Mon 25 Jul 2011, 10:20 pm

Just watched the fight, see what you mean. He's neat and tidy but nothing special. I just have a feeling that Kessler is a bit of a spent force, and will labour to a close decision.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12