The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Take a player from each of the other home unions

+7
valtrepkos
profitius
bedfordwelsh
Looseheaded
nobbled
wales606
11 posters

Go down

Take a player from each of the other home unions Empty Take a player from each of the other home unions

Post by wales606 Sat 15 Jun 2013, 5:14 pm

Lets stop criticising and have some nice positive comments about other nations players.

I'll go first.

My team : Wales

Ireland : Jonny Sexton

Pretty easy choice here. Biggar, Patchell and Preistland had potential, but there is no flyhalf in Europe who can run a backline like Sexton at the moment. Imagine the tries our backline would score with a bit more stability

Scotland : Greg Laidlaw

Fiesty and controlling at scrumhalf, a perfect foil for Phillips. Another in a long line of talented Scottish flyhalves.

England : Christian Wade

As effect as Cuthbert and North have been, I still miss Shane. We have no depth at wing so I would love to see North, Cuthbert and Wade competing for 2 spots - Add some stepping to all the barrelling people over, probably more creative than Cuthbert too
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Take a player from each of the other home unions Empty Re: Take a player from each of the other home unions

Post by 123456789 Sat 15 Jun 2013, 9:02 pm

Another in a long line of talented Scottish flyhalves.

Eh? Gordon Ross, Dan Parks, Ruaridh Jackson, I'm guessing you mean scrum-half in which case we have very different opinions of Laidlaw, aside from today's performance, I think he's too slow and too controlling which reduces the options for the fly-half and make us more predictable.

From Ireland I'd take O'Driscoll, not only is he the best player ever we also haven't got a stand out outside centre although Bennett or Dunbar both have the potential to become that.

Wales I'd take North because he's a huge physical specimen and he can actually tackle which puts him ahead of Visser.

England I'd take Ben Youngs, he's the best scrum-half in Britain as far as I'm concerned - he's fast and has a very good pass.

Back to top Go down

Take a player from each of the other home unions Empty Re: Take a player from each of the other home unions

Post by wales606 Sat 15 Jun 2013, 9:04 pm

123456789 wrote:
Another in a long line of talented Scottish flyhalves.

I meant Scrumhalves and you know it raspberry
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Sat 15 Jun 2013, 9:05 pm

Wales - Halfpenny - love 'im
Scotland - Richie Gray - just think he's going to keep getting better
Ireland - O'Driscoll - what a legend
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Sat 15 Jun 2013, 9:11 pm

England- Dan Cole- Adam Jones isn't getting any younger and tightheads are worth twice their weight in gold (which is an issue because they tend to weigh a fair bit)

Ireland- Cian Healy- same reasoning as above, Gethin and Paul James are far from young and our back ups haven't nearly the same quality

Scotland- Laidlaw, him and Phillips competing would be ideal as currently Tavis Knoyle and Lloyd Williams are poor

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 15 Jun 2013, 10:55 pm

England - Ben Morgan, so wish he had choose us but fair play to him.  I think the contrast between him and Faletau is great and would have been fantastic to see them battling it out for the No8 shirt.

Ireland - Sexton

Scotland - Hogg, again the thought of him and Halfpenny competing for XV shirt be great
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Sat 15 Jun 2013, 11:09 pm

England: Launchbury. I have been very impressed by him.

Scotland: Hogg. He is very good now and going to get better.

Wales: North. Potential to be one of the best players in the world.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by valtrepkos Sat 15 Jun 2013, 11:12 pm

Ireland - sexton
Scotland - gray (love to see hom paired with launchbury)
Wales - North (nice big carrier on one of the wings to compliment wade on the other)

valtrepkos

Back to top Go down

Post by MMaaxx Sat 15 Jun 2013, 11:19 pm

SA fan:

Wales: Toby. After Vermeulan we have little depth. Spies is hit and miss
Ireland: Sexton. Obviously!
England: Cole. Tight heads are worth their weight in gold. Cole also has an all round game and I rate him higher than Jones. Jannie is average, not getting younger and has no backup
Scotland: Laidlaw. Great game today and bench option

MMaaxx

Location : New place every week, live between SA, Porugal and UK

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Tiger Sat 15 Jun 2013, 11:50 pm

Wales - I'd take T1000 as his work rate at producing pointless polls is world class.

England/NZ - It's got to be ghost/GloriousEmpire as when it comes to trying to stir the pot he is definitely up there with the best.

Ireland - GunsGerms as he can be very funny and makes me smile.

Scotland - They're all such cheery optimists it's hard to choose....

Oh you meant actual players.

Sorry

Very Happy
Metal Tiger
Metal Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sun 16 Jun 2013, 12:00 am

Wales: Tipuric. Heroic though Robshaw has been, I just don't think he's a proper 7, and Justin's light years ahead of Kvesic right now.

Ireland: O'Driscoll. We desperately need a proper 13 and tend to depend on Tuilagi right now. Manu needs to learn how to offload.

Scotland: Richie Gray. He's great.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 16 Jun 2013, 10:22 am

Metal Tiger wrote:Wales - I'd take T1000 as his work rate at producing pointless polls is world class.

England/NZ - It's got to be ghost/GloriousEmpire as when it comes to trying to stir the pot he is definitely up there with the best.

Ireland - GunsGerms as he can be very funny and makes me smile.

Scotland - They're all such cheery optimists it's hard to choose....

Oh you meant actual players.

Sorry

Very Happy

clapclapclapclap
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by gleesonisgod Sun 16 Jun 2013, 11:25 am

Wales: Tipuric. Just what Ireland needs, although Adam Jones and Davies would be very very handy aswell.

Scotland: Euan Murray. Gray would be nice but Murray alot more valuable.

England: Tuilagi. Quality centre which is exactly what we need.

Not the players I would want in terms of how good they are, just players who Ireland need most. However I'd still pick Tipuric regardless.

gleesonisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down