The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lions in Australia

4 posters

Go down

Lions in Australia Empty Lions in Australia

Post by 509boy Sat 15 Jun 2013, 11:21 pm

Hello gents,
I am a new user, I have never been registered although I must admit I have used the site to check for gossip on every level of the game for the last few seasons. Since the lions started I have visited more and more so thought I would sign up and say hello and as I am in Sydney maybe post a few rumours or thoughts of myself and the locals.
My first thoughts are that last nights game was interesting, good win yet a few injuries and rumours coming out of the camp:

# North is apparently on the cusp of going home after a training injury.

# Roberts is all but out apparently

# There was a real feeling last night that this was the lions test team, and the overall feeling amongst Australian fans is that they would look forward to playing against such a flawed outfit

# lots of local lions fans aren't happy about the stream of English players called up to do a job, I spoke to Welsh Scottish and Irish fans who questioned all of the English call ups

# interestingly although I thought Maitland was the lesser winger last night, there was a long standing joke in the pub regarding Zebos performance, he was laughed at and heckled first half by Waratahs fans, then criticised massively by both sets of fans in the second half.

None of the above is my own opinion, I just wanted to report on what I see, over the last few weeks I have been in Australia I have seen very little solid knowledge of British rugby, but plenty of media generalities and if I am asked where Mr Wilkinson is once more I may scream.
Please be gentle, I know how things can get nasty on here at times, but I didn't know if you guys have anyone in Australia to report, and after about 18 months of using the site to track gossip I wanted to offer something back.
Thank you

509boy

Back to top Go down

Lions in Australia Empty Re: Lions in Australia

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 15 Jun 2013, 11:27 pm

I would say that was as near to the test pack as likely to see, Hibbard in for Young possibly.

North out would be a huge blow

Roberts out, well personally I would JD over him anyway

Call ups, well from Welsh point of view not worried, think James should have got not ahead of Grant but Corbs is top player

Not many Welsh backs left to call up, Hook not at races IMO
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by MMaaxx Sat 15 Jun 2013, 11:37 pm

Would be such a shame if North is out. I'm hoping its all smoke and mirrors to mislead AUS.

He was in sublime form and great to watch.

The lack of interest in union in Aus is obvious. It's amazing that they put up such competitive teams

MMaaxx

Location : New place every week, live between SA, Porugal and UK

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Tiger Sat 15 Jun 2013, 11:37 pm

Genuine or WUM?

Leaning towards WUM because of trying to stoke the national rivalrys over the call ups. Which to be honest you dont really need to do on this forum. It will kick off anyway.
Metal Tiger
Metal Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by MMaaxx Sat 15 Jun 2013, 11:44 pm

Seems pretty genuine to me

MMaaxx

Location : New place every week, live between SA, Porugal and UK

Back to top Go down

Post by 509boy Sun 16 Jun 2013, 1:00 am

This is no wind up fellas, just reporting what I am hearing on the ground. The lions fans all sat together for breakfast in our hotel, and mumbles about Barrett being called up were suddenly forgot with my iPads proof of Mr Shane Williams arriving to play, talk is no longer of too many English call ups but Gatland trying to shift media attention from injuries and selection.

509boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down