The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ethiopia admits to fielding an unregistered player... My issue with FIFA rules.

Go down

Ethiopia admits to fielding an unregistered player... My issue with FIFA rules. Empty Ethiopia admits to fielding an unregistered player... My issue with FIFA rules.

Post by kingraf Wed 19 Jun 2013, 11:09 am

So on Sunday Ethiopia beat South Africa (dont laugh, Their home matches are 2700 meters above sea level. You have to be group of Mountaineering goat herdsmen with the skill level of Leo Messi to beat these guys at home) 2-1 to qualify for the third round of the qualification process. On Tuesday they admitted to fielding an unregistered player in a previous Qualifier, which they won. The victory allowed them to lead the group by two points, which meant South Africa had to look for a win vs Ethiopia. My issue is with the Fifa rules regarding this matter. The punishment for this "crime" is that the offending team pays a small fine, and loses the points gained in the afore mentioned match. But, because they were found out retrospectively, South Africa went into the match needing a win, whereas an immediate punishment would have had them going into Addis Ababa leading by a point. The match was 1-1 going into the final 15 minutes, where the coach put in attacking players, rather than defending players, which is what would have happened had the Ethiopians been found out immediately. Now, I admit I'm biased, but surely a mere dock is a little, cheap?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down