The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quoting issues

Go down

Quoting issues Empty Quoting issues

Post by Crimey Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:04 pm

Over the past few days, a lot of people have complained about the issues with the new posting system, and in particular the quote function not letting you post outside of the box. 

Thanks to Pete C, we've found a solution for this and have a temporary fix to a problem which wasn't our fault in the first place. The host site have changed the system to this new one when it is still in the beta stage, hence the issues.

Hopefully from now on, none of you will have any problems with the quote function and you can't use the new editor which in general is better. 

Sorry for the issues.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Posts : 16490
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 27
Location : Galgate

Back to top Go down

Quoting issues Empty Re: Quoting issues

Post by GSC Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:07 pm

Crimey wrote:Over the past few days, a lot of people have complained about the issues with the new posting system, and in particular the quote function not letting you post outside of the box. 

Thanks to Pete C, we've found a solution for this and have a temporary fix to a problem which wasn't our fault in the first place. The host site have changed the system to this new one when it is still in the beta stage, hence the issues.

Hopefully from now on, none of you will have any problems with the quote function and you can't use the new editor which in general is better. 

Sorry for the issues.

Cheers Crimey
GSC
GSC

Posts : 40151
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 29
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

Quoting issues Empty Re: Quoting issues

Post by Crimey Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:08 pm

GSC wrote:

Crimey wrote:Over the past few days, a lot of people have complained about the issues with the new posting system, and in particular the quote function not letting you post outside of the box. 

Thanks to Pete C, we've found a solution for this and have a temporary fix to a problem which wasn't our fault in the first place. The host site have changed the system to this new one when it is still in the beta stage, hence the issues.

Hopefully from now on, none of you will have any problems with the quote function and you can't use the new editor which in general is better. 

Sorry for the issues.

Cheers Crimey
Laugh

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Posts : 16490
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 27
Location : Galgate

Back to top Go down

Quoting issues Empty Re: Quoting issues

Post by GSC Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:10 pm

All you had to do is press the right hand button in the bottom bar and it went back to normal posting anyway
GSC
GSC

Posts : 40151
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 29
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

Quoting issues Empty Re: Quoting issues

Post by Crimey Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:11 pm

GSC wrote:All you had to do is press the right hand button in the bottom bar and it went back to normal posting anyway

Yeah, but now you can use the new editing system, which is actually slightly better and more user friendly by taking away codes, without having any issues with the quote function.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Posts : 16490
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 27
Location : Galgate

Back to top Go down

Quoting issues Empty Re: Quoting issues

Post by GSC Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:13 pm

It still ballsed up my editing of a spoiler by having half the spoiler visible anyway Sad
GSC
GSC

Posts : 40151
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 29
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

Quoting issues Empty Re: Quoting issues

Post by The Womble Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:16 pm

I found that pressing the compatibility view button solved the problem as well.
The Womble
The Womble

Posts : 1352
Join date : 2011-03-18
Age : 40
Location : The Phantom Zone - AKA Doncaster

Back to top Go down

Quoting issues Empty Re: Quoting issues

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:38 am

Gah! People should just be forced to use raw code. Lets them figure out how things work.
At least when you type your own tags you know what the story is and how to fix it if it doesn' t look right.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Posts : 4764
Join date : 2011-06-30

Back to top Go down

Quoting issues Empty Re: Quoting issues

Post by Roller_Coaster Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:50 am

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:Gah! People should just be forced to use raw code. Lets them figure out how things work.
At least when you type your own tags you know what the story is and how to fix it if it doesn' t look right.
yeah#""(/ifit doesn'twork ^%%%>fixit Y0ur5elf-code<syntax>!&**

Roller_Coaster

Posts : 2572
Join date : 2012-06-27

Back to top Go down

Quoting issues Empty Re: Quoting issues

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:55 am

Crimey wrote:

GSC wrote:All you had to do is press the right hand button in the bottom bar and it went back to normal posting anyway



Yeah, but now you can use the new editing system, which is actually slightly better and more user friendly by taking away codes, without having any issues with the quote function.
And more to the point, after the 5th time I wrote a helpful post telling someone where the change-mode button was I got tired of doing it and went looking for a 1-off solution Wink
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Posts : 10925
Join date : 2011-01-26
Location : London, England

Back to top Go down

Quoting issues Empty Re: Quoting issues

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:54 pm

Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:
Crimey wrote:

GSC wrote:All you had to do is press the right hand button in the bottom bar and it went back to normal posting anyway



Yeah, but now you can use the new editing system, which is actually slightly better and more user friendly by taking away codes, without having any issues with the quote function.
And more to the point, after the 5th time I wrote a helpful post telling someone where the change-mode button was I got tired of doing it and went looking for a 1-off solution Wink

And it's now a moot point, as the bug has been fixed by forumotion.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Posts : 10925
Join date : 2011-01-26
Location : London, England

Back to top Go down

Quoting issues Empty Re: Quoting issues

Post by Adam D Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:13 pm

can you ask them to fix my PMing problem?

Everytime I try and pm on my work PC, my internet crashes.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Posts : 23684
Join date : 2011-01-24
Age : 48
Location : Parts Unknown

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Quoting issues Empty Re: Quoting issues

Post by sodhat Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:20 pm

Just go to your boss and say:
 
"That sports forum I run and frequent for hours during work won't let me send private messages to people I haven't met without crashing the web browser. Get IT on it."

sodhat

Posts : 22236
Join date : 2011-02-28
Age : 32
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Quoting issues Empty Re: Quoting issues

Post by Scarpia Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:29 pm

sodhat wrote:Just go to your boss and say:
 
"That sports forum I run and frequent for hours during work won't let me send private messages to people I haven't met without crashing the web browser. Get IT on it."

Laugh

Scarpia

Posts : 297
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Quoting issues Empty Re: Quoting issues

Post by princedracula Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:36 pm

There are quite a few bugs with this new version and some are more annoying than others. Looks more like an alpha version to me rather than a beta...
 
But anyway, what I wanted to say to the admins out there, the biggest problem I've encountered so far is that since yesterday evening, everytime I tried to get into a regular thread (having the new editor ON), the browser was crashing instantly and only 'Ctrl-Alt-Delete' could get me out of it... And the bigest problem is that in that situation, because the browser crashes' it's impossible to go and click the editor button to switch it OFF. Until a few minutes ago I couldn't find a way out, until by accident I decided to get into this 'global' thread, and I saw that here the browser doesn't crash, and so I could actually go and switch to the old editor and now write you this message...
 
I would suggest until this is fixed, it may be worth putting out a message visible somewhere on the board to indicate to others who may find themselves trapped in this situation, how to get out of it...

princedracula

Posts : 3258
Join date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Quoting issues Empty Re: Quoting issues

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:53 pm

Adam D wrote:can you ask them to fix my PMing problem?

Everytime I try and pm on my work PC, my internet crashes.

Ditto!!

Though when I use my home PC (Chrome instead of IE), it's fine.

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 37
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Quoting issues Empty Re: Quoting issues

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:12 pm

From what I've read over on Forumotion, most remaining problems are occurring on Internet Explorer, particularly older versions of it.




Bug fix status as of this morning wrote:
Tech from the French forum

Quoting issues Icon4e10   Report updated  Quoting issues Icon4e10


Improved: Reset the smileys on the side mode response "complete" and rework rapid response mode. 
>> Solved

Bug: Preview (and "editing") are not developed. The display is not quite the right time. 
>> Solved

Bug: HTML codes are not working (problem often reported in signatures). 
>> Solved

Bug: Can not type within the scope of the citation in WYSIWYG mode 
>> Solved
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Posts : 10925
Join date : 2011-01-26
Location : London, England

Back to top Go down

Quoting issues Empty Re: Quoting issues

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:15 pm

princedracula wrote:There are quite a few bugs with this new version and some are more annoying than others. Looks more like an alpha version to me rather than a beta...
 
But anyway, what I wanted to say to the admins out there, the biggest problem I've encountered so far is that since yesterday evening, everytime I tried to get into a regular thread (having the new editor ON), the browser was crashing instantly and only 'Ctrl-Alt-Delete' could get me out of it... And the bigest problem is that in that situation, because the browser crashes' it's impossible to go and click the editor button to switch it OFF. Until a few minutes ago I couldn't find a way out, until by accident I decided to get into this 'global' thread, and I saw that here the browser doesn't crash, and so I could actually go and switch to the old editor and now write you this message...
 
I would suggest until this is fixed, it may be worth putting out a message visible somewhere on the board to indicate to others who may find themselves trapped in this situation, how to get out of it...
What browser are you using mate?
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Posts : 10925
Join date : 2011-01-26
Location : London, England

Back to top Go down

Quoting issues Empty Re: Quoting issues

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:52 pm

GSC wrote:
Crimey wrote:Over the past few days, a lot of people have complained about the issues with the new posting system, and in particular the quote function not letting you post outside of the box. 

Thanks to Pete C, we've found a solution for this and have a temporary fix to a problem which wasn't our fault in the first place. The host site have changed the system to this new one when it is still in the beta stage, hence the issues.

Hopefully from now on, none of you will have any problems with the quote function and you can't use the new editor which in general is better. 

Sorry for the issues.

Cheers Crimey

LaughLaughLaugh

NickisBHAFC

Posts : 11664
Join date : 2011-04-24
Location : Sussex

Back to top Go down

Quoting issues Empty Re: Quoting issues

Post by princedracula Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:25 pm

Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:
What browser are you using mate?
Explorer. I know it's running out of fashion, but I'm sure there's quite a few still using it...

princedracula

Posts : 3258
Join date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Quoting issues Empty Re: Quoting issues

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:55 pm

Google Chrome is the best, explorer sucks.

NickisBHAFC

Posts : 11664
Join date : 2011-04-24
Location : Sussex

Back to top Go down

Quoting issues Empty Re: Quoting issues

Post by Adam D Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:15 am

just another little bug that I have noticed on my work PC (using IE) is that when you click on a thread, it takes you to the last post on that page as opposed to the OP.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Posts : 23684
Join date : 2011-01-24
Age : 48
Location : Parts Unknown

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Quoting issues Empty Re: Quoting issues

Post by The Womble Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:16 am

Adam D wrote:just another little bug that I have noticed on my work PC (using IE) is that when you click on a thread, it takes you to the last post on that page as opposed to the OP.

I noticed that too. I have switched to Google Chrome and have had no issues at all.
The Womble
The Womble

Posts : 1352
Join date : 2011-03-18
Age : 40
Location : The Phantom Zone - AKA Doncaster

Back to top Go down

Quoting issues Empty Re: Quoting issues

Post by GSC Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:11 pm

Some of the codes seem to get moved around when you try and edit
GSC
GSC

Posts : 40151
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 29
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

Quoting issues Empty Re: Quoting issues

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:56 pm

GSC wrote:Some of the codes seem to get moved around when you try and edit
Typing in manual img codes resulted in links being added to the code like this

Quoting issues MajorNewSignings

Ah. It didn't happen this time. It was throwing in extra code which was upsetting the img link. Perhaps someone fixed it?

Jenifer McLadyboy

Posts : 4764
Join date : 2011-06-30

Back to top Go down

Quoting issues Empty Re: Quoting issues

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:06 pm

Latest on the bug fixes


Forumotion wrote:
Hello,

I am pleased to announce that we have send on line, late last week, some modifications to fix some bugs that you reported in our new editor. This includes the following:
[*]Smilies problem in reports + BBCodes that turn into HTML
[*]Double quote in the smileys cause errors
[*]Can not write after a quote/code, the cursor automatically goes inside.
[*]Display problem with overview of smileys
[*]Loss customizing BBCodes with "style" attribute in the "table", "tr" and "td"
[*]loss of the font size when editing

For information, we still continue to work on debugging the new editor with your feedback and ask you to be patient. As we have announced, it is still in Beta testing, so it is normal to have imperfections that we try to fix it as soon as possible.

Regards
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Posts : 10925
Join date : 2011-01-26
Location : London, England

Back to top Go down

Quoting issues Empty Re: Quoting issues

Post by GSC Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:09 pm

Shame they couldn't offer the option of the original posting style while they work all the bugs out of their fancy new one.
GSC
GSC

Posts : 40151
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 29
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

Quoting issues Empty Re: Quoting issues

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:11 pm

GSC wrote:Shame they couldn't offer the option of the original posting style while they work all the bugs out of their fancy new one.
I know. Apparently the 2 editors are "not compatible"
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Posts : 10925
Join date : 2011-01-26
Location : London, England

Back to top Go down

Quoting issues Empty Re: Quoting issues

Post by GSC Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:11 pm

Yeah, 1 works and the other doesn't.
GSC
GSC

Posts : 40151
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 29
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

Quoting issues Empty Re: Quoting issues

Post by GSC Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:12 pm

Appreciate the updates though.
GSC
GSC

Posts : 40151
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 29
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

Quoting issues Empty Re: Quoting issues

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:35 pm

GSC wrote:Yeah, 1 works and the other doesn't.

laughing

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 37
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Quoting issues Empty Re: Quoting issues

Post by pedro Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:15 pm

Thanks to the mods and admins for your efforts!!

pedro

Posts : 7137
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Quoting issues Empty Re: Quoting issues

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:29 pm

Latest update on the editor (plus my comments in red)

Forumotion wrote:Hello,

For information, new corrections for our new editor were sent online and are now available on your forums. This to ensure the stability and performance for the editor

The following items are now available on your forums:

Better caching for the new editor memory mode selected by the member (source code / WYSIWYG) i.e. the site should remember if you've clicked the "switch editor mode" button next time you log in
Add off an option in the admin panel (general >> Messages and e-mails >> Configuration) to enable / disable the WYSIWYG mode by default in the posts. Non admins please ignore this one
A correction of the loss of contents of the servimg window when you click elsewhere.I cna't remember if anyone's reported this one - it relates to embedding pictures
A correction of the bug causes that despite the fact that the smileys are disabled they still visible in the editor quick responses mode. Only relevant for forums who've disabled smileys

We continue our corrections / developments basing on your feedback.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards
Please note, the guy posting this stuff is French, hence the slightly iffy English grammar (I have a sneaky suspicion he's using Google Translate)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Posts : 10925
Join date : 2011-01-26
Location : London, England

Back to top Go down

Quoting issues Empty Re: Quoting issues

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:16 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
GSC wrote:Yeah, 1 works and the other doesn't.

laughing

Laugh

NickisBHAFC

Posts : 11664
Join date : 2011-04-24
Location : Sussex

Back to top Go down

Quoting issues Empty Re: Quoting issues

Post by Dontheman2 Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:34 am

Can you quote on iPhone?

Dontheman2

Posts : 116
Join date : 2014-09-05

Back to top Go down

Quoting issues Empty Re: Quoting issues

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum