The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy League?

3 posters

Go down

Fantasy League? Empty Fantasy League?

Post by CJB Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:02 pm

Would anyone be interested in a fantasy league similar to the old one run by Ned if I started one?

CJB

Back to top Go down

Fantasy League? Empty Re: Fantasy League?

Post by barragan Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:25 pm

Sure, why not. Suggest you keep the format as simple as possible so you don't end up having to spend too much of your free time keeping on top of it. Kwini's league last year was quite good with one pick per player, with cash winnings instead of points.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:35 pm

CJB,
I'd certainly participate. Appreciate barragan's comments but that was very time-consuming - perhaps you're more of a keyboard genius than moi, but would strongly advise keep it (very) simple.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:46 pm

The only reason I'd be wary of applying kwini's format to a lengthier schedule would be the potential for one or two to open up a massive gap to the pack. To keep participation levels up, you've got to keep as many in the hunt for as long as possible. Perhaps a FedEx style playoff to round of the season might be the way to go?!

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:59 pm

barra,
I think people rather lost interest after the first few events, something weekly, or at least every other, keeps people more engaged.
The goldwolf/Ned formats seemed to work well.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by CJB Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:07 pm

Ned/GW managed to get a season or two out of it didn't they. Realistically I should have tought of this at the start of the season but sixth form ending means boredom leads to ideas aha.

That format did also have the advantage of giving something to play for with the two tier system giving relegation and promotion if I remember correctly?

CJB

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:25 pm

Obviously gw/nbh format was popular, but I'd be very careful to avoid giving yourself such a heavy workload. I'm guessing that is one of the reasons why they ran out of steam.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down