The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At this stage should I buy a PS4 or XBOX One

+20
Fernando
hampo17
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Mike Power
Hulking_up
Duty281
Dolphin Ziggler
Hero
pscott
randy-poffo
GSC
jimmyinthewell68
bsando
Fists of Fury
Crimey
ScarletSpiderman
Dass
cherriesfna
Bull
neilthom7
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

At this stage should I buy a PS4 or XBOX One Empty At this stage should I buy a PS4 or XBOX One

Post by neilthom7 Mon 24 Jun 2013, 9:25 pm

Currently mulling over the choice for the end of the year whent he new conoles come out. Purely from what we know so far which do you guys think will be the better console and why? Leaving aside brand preferances and the fact MS have severly peed me off by being stupid with my live account, which do we think the average gamer such as myself should go for and why? All advice is greatly appreciated.

neilthom7

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down

At this stage should I buy a PS4 or XBOX One Empty Re: At this stage should I buy a PS4 or XBOX One

Post by Bull Tue 25 Jun 2013, 9:53 am

Well looking at what we have seen so far we can gather that the PS4 will have more exclusives in the first year and is 80 pounds cheaper now im a Sony gamer but im not going to be a fanboy and if im honest yes ill get the PS4 but usually the PS4 exclusives are focused on Single player mode rather than Multiplayer.
So usually its preference as i prefer to play Single-player 

With the Xbox you have Ryse,dead rising 3 and Halo etc and yes Titanfall but there are rumors saying that it is a limited time exclusive and not an actually exclusive but i cant say more on that tbh. 

But personally its up to you Neil on which you would want depending on whats what though i would say maybe wait till Gamescon to see what Games are on the lineup etc.

Bull

Back to top Go down

At this stage should I buy a PS4 or XBOX One Empty Re: At this stage should I buy a PS4 or XBOX One

Post by cherriesfna Tue 25 Jun 2013, 11:06 am

Basicly if you want story filled single player games get the PS4
if you want the best multiplayer experince get the xbone
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Tue 25 Jun 2013, 2:04 pm

cherriesfna wrote:Basicly if you want story filled single player games get the PS4
if you want the best multiplayer experince get a PC

Fixed Smile

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 25 Jun 2013, 2:46 pm

Dass - the only diffence between a PC and X-Box is that when people by a pc, they pretend it is for working on, where as when people by an X-Box their honest and admit it is purely for gaming.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Tue 25 Jun 2013, 3:17 pm

I have to admit having not played my xbox in a while due to the unfortunate disruption to my XBOX Live and been out fot he games circuit that I have maybe not fully read and understood the whole pre owned games thing on xbox one and ps4 if anyone could explain how they will work and stuff that would be great because it is likely if what I initially heard was true it could make a big difference to my decision.

neilthom7

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 25 Jun 2013, 6:14 pm

neilthom7 wrote:I have to admit having not played my xbox in a while due to the unfortunate disruption to my XBOX Live and been out fot he games circuit that I have maybe not fully read and understood the whole pre owned games thing on xbox one and ps4 if anyone could explain how they will work and stuff that would be great because it is likely if what I initially heard was true it could make a big difference to my decision.

There is no difference now.

Initially, Xbox said that you couldn't have pre-owned games but they've changed their mind.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Tue 25 Jun 2013, 6:38 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Dass - the only diffence between a PC and X-Box is that when people by a pc, they pretend it is for working on, where as when people by an X-Box their honest and admit it is purely for gaming.

Not sure what kind of PC gamers you've met, I buy mine exclusively for games everything else is just an added advantage. If I'm playing its not even a choice its got to be a PC. Smile

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 26 Jun 2013, 9:32 am

PC for me, too. Much better for multi-player.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 26 Jun 2013, 9:48 am

Dass wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:Dass - the only diffence between a PC and X-Box is that when people by a pc, they pretend it is for working on, where as when people by an X-Box their honest and admit it is purely for gaming.

Not sure what kind of PC gamers you've met, I buy mine exclusively for games everything else is just an added advantage. If I'm playing its not even a choice its got to be a PC. Smile

Generally blokes with misses' who moan about htem spending money on gaming, so they buy a pc 'for work only' even though it is usually a pretty good gaming spec, shock horror.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Tue 02 Jul 2013, 12:15 am

Nellthom - I'd go to IGN website and look at their reviews, thoughts etc. Pretty extensive, they keep you up to date with everything.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Tue 02 Jul 2013, 11:24 am

Ah cheers bsando, I'll do that

neilthom7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 4:39 pm

All the games I like to play on XBOX that are on PC are all modded, like Skyrim, COD, FM etc. I HATE modded games.

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Tue 02 Jul 2013, 5:31 pm

eighty quid cheaper and u can use preowned games . only one choice for me ps4 in a years time when its cheaper again Yahoo 

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Tue 02 Jul 2013, 6:36 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:All the games I like to play on XBOX that are on PC are all modded, like Skyrim, COD, FM etc. I HATE modded games.

Its not like the game comes like that though, the PC game is just as vanilla as the XBOX version. The major advantage PC has is the modding community is far superior at such a time and is far easier to do, I personally love gamplay mods as in a lot of cases games are far to easy and its great ramping up the difficulty or replacing the UI with a better one. Obviously there's plenty of mods I don't like but I just don't use them but there are just as many community made mods that offer a superior experience than what the vanilla game did.

Though if you wish you can just ignore the mods and play the game as it was released.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 7:54 pm

jimmyinthewell68 wrote:eighty quid cheaper and u can use preowned games .  only one choice for me   ps4       in a years time when its cheaper again Yahoo 
XBOX One can use pre-owned games as well Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 02 Jul 2013, 8:39 pm

Yeah but many feel Microsoft dropped the ball and its too late lol, but we will see - ill be getting PS4 for sure though prefer the exclusives that come from ND over Halo(even though i like it)

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 9:43 am

How can it be too late, it's not released for another 6 months...

There are no exclusives on PS4 that interest me in the slightest, the only thing that makes me want a PS4 is that it doesn't have KinectSpy watching and listening to you. The second XBOX removes that requirement from the Kinect function, they have my pre-order.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 04 Jul 2013, 10:32 am

Many people think its too late Azzy check around, due to Microsoft showing they dont care at first till the outrage which made them change there policy or they where going to go ahead with DRM, they thought people would accept it but they where wrong and that is the reason why lots have people have jumped ship but even with them getting rid of that, people are not going to pay 80/100 more for something which they can get cheaper somewhere else, sure you have the Kinect but even if you get the PS eye separate it would still be cheaper than the One.

On the Xbox you have Halo (the only game that interest's me over there), Gears Of War, Forza and some other stuff

while the PS you have Uncharted,TLOU,GOW, Jak 4(maybe) but i just personally prefer the game made by Naughty Dog but its about taste and what you prefer.

i personally would say the Xbox games are focused more online (Titanfall is not an exclusive) while the PS games are usually more story-driven which is something that appeals to me more.

-Maybe the reason there are none that interest you Azzy is because none of the big guns have been revealed and are being saved for Gamescon and such

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 10:36 am

Then those people are idiots. PS4 launched without the console for God's sake Laugh

Then they only came out with certain information once XBOX One had made their mistake.

PS4 didn't have its console ready, said the right things in the press, and now have the upper hand. It's ludicrous. It's like me going to Sainsburys and placing a pre-order on a sausage, without knowing what it's going to look like, what its contents are, and how it's going to taste.

And plenty of companies make u-turns. Facebook almost every week. Instagram. Flickr. Twitter. People still use them, because they're the best at what they do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 04 Jul 2013, 10:42 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Then those people are idiots. PS4 launched without the console for God's sake Laugh

Then they only came out with certain information once XBOX One had made their mistake.

PS4 didn't have its console ready, said the right things in the press, and now have the upper hand. It's ludicrous. It's like me going to Sainsburys and placing a pre-order on a sausage, without knowing what it's going to look like, what its contents are, and how it's going to taste.

And plenty of companies make u-turns. Facebook almost every week. Instagram. Flickr. Twitter. People still use them, because they're the best at what they do.

So your calling me an idiot Azzy?

considering the PS has many more first party developers than the Xbox, is attracting indie games such as Dayz over to there's , is cheaper, does not have a camera with it, exclusive content from 3rd party games,Cheaper for online.

ive said i dont mind the One but if someone wants to get it go- ahead, but i wont after the announcement's par Halo dont excite me, what else can you say made the One better azzy?

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 04 Jul 2013, 10:57 am

Tbh, I'd probably wait a year. It'll be cheaper and you'll have a consensus from actual consumers as to the pros and cons of each console. Not to mention games will still be released on the PS360.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 11:00 am

Not you Bull, 'people': )

First party developers - who cares, not me or anyone I know, hardly a deal breaker
Indie games - who cares, although I'm sure there will be indie games on X1
Cheaper - for a reason
Does not have a camera with it - +1 for X1 then
Exclusive content from 3rd party games - same can be said for X1 I'm certain
Cheaper for online - XBOX Live is great value for money, and I bought Assassin's Creed 3 for £8.99 two nights ago through it, it's £20 in the shops

I don't even like Halo Smile

Why the X1 is better:
1. They launched a CONSOLE rather than an idea
2. They launched with DETAILS rather than a wish-list
3. A comparison of spec gives the X1 the nod imo
4. The major reason PS3 had better sales was because it had blu-ray, now X1 has it
5. XBOX Smartglass.
6. Kinect v2 is awesome, apart from it being 'always on'

I've always been an XBOX fan, so I'm sure you can give me even more reasons why PS4 is better. Each to their own Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 04 Jul 2013, 11:02 am

If you're an indy games fan, buy a PC.

Also look at the humble bundle At this stage should I buy a PS4 or XBOX One 3559488474

Pay what you want for a few good games.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 04 Jul 2013, 11:02 am

yeah i guess lot of stuff on there i dont agree on for example you paid 8.99 for AC3 while that will soon be Free to PS Plus users but each to there own.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 04 Jul 2013, 11:04 am

To be honest, my decision might ultimately come down to whether my wireless wheel will be compatible with the XB1.

Other than that, I genuinely don't give a toss about console wars, and the inevitable PS4/XB1 bashing from either side. Might buy a gaming PC.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 11:04 am

Will soon be free. Great. Soon. Just like the pictures of the PS4 when they launched then Whistle

There are already about 15 games I want when the X1 comes out. Madness. I only have 4/5 I play on 360!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 11:05 am

GSC wrote:Might buy a gaming PC.
You can buy an X1, WiiU and a PS4 for the price of a good gaming PC Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 04 Jul 2013, 11:06 am

Fair enough GSC, im not a fan of PC gaming so will never go down that root but with consoles i always wait to years before switching to the next gen, so Watchdogs,MGSV etc i will be getting on the PS3

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 04 Jul 2013, 11:09 am

Depends on your definition of good.

Something that will play Skyrim on high graphics will set you back quite a way.

Something that will play most games, and support mods, not so much.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 04 Jul 2013, 11:10 am

Im not big on Elder Scrolles i played Oblivion and got bored/lost, ive never played Skyrim but if its like Oblivion i wont like it, i prefer futuristic style of games like RPG for example Mass Effect thanks to GSC i gave it a shot and loved it OK 

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 04 Jul 2013, 11:14 am

Has ME1 come out on PS3? Thats more of an RPG than ME2 and 3.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 04 Jul 2013, 11:15 am

it came out in a Trilogy set, but i got ME2 and 3 and decided i would just watch 1 on youtube t o catch up

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by randy-poffo Thu 04 Jul 2013, 8:04 pm

It's a bit early to decide which one to buy until you see them both in action. The majority of titles will be released on both consoles so wait and see which looks better.
I'm like a few others on here and prefer PC gaming and it's not as expensive as you think to get a decent rig set up. To have a good PC gaming rig it always pays to research Components instead of just picking the most expensive.

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Post by pscott Thu 04 Jul 2013, 10:00 pm

Azzy in what way is the Playstation 4 an idea? I'm not following you?

Which of the specs for the Xbox one were better than the PS4?

I read a breakdown of the Kinnect V2 being used that even the controlled environment at E3 it had technical goofs?

I may have to change my sources depending on your answers champ!

pscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 10:39 pm

PS4 is an idea because they 'launched' it without the physical console. At that stage, if you don't have a physical product, it is simply an idea, or a concept.

Spec comparison: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/game/3452022/ps4-vs-xbox-one-comparison-review/

Very, very close, but I'll take that as a X1 victory thanks to the eSRAM.

I'm sure that at this stage Kinect v2 has problems, but there's 5 months to sort that out. It'll get done.

Game exclusives:
PS4 I would want: None.
X1 I would want: Halo, Minecraft, Ryse: Son of Rome and Titanfall (the undisputed victor of E3)

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 04 Jul 2013, 10:41 pm

Minecraft on a console sounds interesting
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 04 Jul 2013, 11:33 pm

The PS4 is not an idea it is a console azzy.

the PS4 is 50 percent much more powerful and has the better specs.

Ive told you already Titanfall is not an exclusive.
Ryse might look good but the game play is just quick events and that is crap, possible that Minecraft will jump on to both and well i like Halo.
#
dont jump on the exclusives for PS4 azzy as Sony has more to show from its big developers.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 04 Jul 2013, 11:57 pm

I played the crap outta Halo 3. Can't get into ODST or 4 though.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Fri 05 Jul 2013, 12:02 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:PS4 is an idea because they 'launched' it without the physical console. At that stage, if you don't have a physical product, it is simply an idea, or a concept.

Spec comparison: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/game/3452022/ps4-vs-xbox-one-comparison-review/

Very, very close, but I'll take that as a X1 victory thanks to the eSRAM.

I'm sure that at this stage Kinect v2 has problems, but there's 5 months to sort that out. It'll get done.

Game exclusives:
PS4 I would want: None.
X1 I would want: Halo, Minecraft, Ryse: Son of Rome and Titanfall (the undisputed victor of E3)

The whole using it wasn't announced with a physical console is even worse than the fact you were bemoaning those who were discounting Xbox due to its poor initial decisions regarding 2nd hand games. In the end it doesn't matter if Sony had kept the physical console a secret till the actual launch as long as it was there come launch. If anything the concept of what your machine at this stage is more important than anything else, obviously come launch if the console ain't ready then that's a different matter but that was hardly ever likely going to be the case.

Personally I'll end up getting both but the lack of challenging or decent game son both current versions hasn't left me with a whole load of confidence in the games coming out on the new consoles. How good the modding community becomes will make or break console gaming for me in time.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jul 2013, 9:29 am

Be that as it may Dass, I still haven't seen the PS4, or a demo of what it can do. I'm still waiting. They missed the boat with me. Would you buy a car from Ford only knowing the name and how fast it can drive?

Impressed that you'll get both btw, you must be doing well for yourself Shocked

Bull - Titanfall IS a X1 exclusive:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/titanfall-developers-spell-out-benefits-of-xbox-one-cloud/
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-12-will-titanfall-ever-come-to-playstation-respawn-and-ea-weigh-in
http://n4g.com/news/1284890/how-long-will-titanfall-ignore-the-playstation-4
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/titanfall-ps4-release-still-a-possibility-down-the-road/

Lots of stories saying 'maybe' in the future, but no announcement so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri 05 Jul 2013, 9:40 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Be that as it may Dass, I still haven't seen the PS4, or a demo of what it can do. I'm still waiting. They missed the boat with me. Would you buy a car from Ford only knowing the name and how fast it can drive?

Impressed that you'll get both btw, you must be doing well for yourself Shocked

Bull - Titanfall IS a X1 exclusive:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/titanfall-developers-spell-out-benefits-of-xbox-one-cloud/
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-12-will-titanfall-ever-come-to-playstation-respawn-and-ea-weigh-in
http://n4g.com/news/1284890/how-long-will-titanfall-ignore-the-playstation-4
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/titanfall-ps4-release-still-a-possibility-down-the-road/

Lots of stories saying 'maybe' in the future, but no announcement so far.

Maybe in the futrue means - limited time exclusive and 2 its not an exclusive as if it was it would only be available on xbox one which its not as you can buy it on PC so its not an exclusive.

how have you not seen what the PS4 can do? did you not watch E3? its more powerful and the games look better on the PS4 compared to the X1 - its hard to tell but Watchdogs runs better on PS4.

how have you not seen what it look's like?

The X1 demo's where not even ruining on the console Azzy they where on dev kits while the PS4 was on the console not all so say that BF4 crashed on the X1.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri 05 Jul 2013, 9:42 am

Exclusive - only available on that console.

See Uncharted,Halo etc. its not an exclusive if i can go get on PC which will run it in better graphics and everything lol

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jul 2013, 9:56 am

Dude, seriously, calm the frak down Laugh

I don't include PC when we're talking about consoles. We're talking about which games are on PS4/X1. Fact is that Titanfall, the best game on either, will not be on PS4 at the time of release. And maybe not even for many months after that. That's a huge plus for X1.

I haven't seen what the PS4 can do because I didn't watch E3. I have a life outside of my 30mins of gaming each night (not saying you don't!). I go by what I'm told through the media, what my mates tell me, what I read online - nothing I've come across tells me how awesome the PS4 is. All I've heard is that it looks slightly sharper than the PS3, and that it's barely an upgrade. Whereas X1 has gone to some effort.

Link me a pic of the PS4 Smile

This was my first impression of the PS4, hardly a ringing endorsement: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21529226

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri 05 Jul 2013, 10:00 am

Barley an upgrade hahaa considering its much more powerful that the X1 Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh 

I like the look on titanfall but im not going to say its the best game on either i personally feel the best game is a 3rd party game known as MGS: V which has blowed me away though then again im a MGS fan.

http://gadgetshowcdn.channel5.com/upload/1170/3875/XboxOnePlaystation4-582_size_blog_post.jpg?1370942807

there both pretty ugly but i prefer the look of the PS4 and i like the LCD light in the middle instead of the box that is the Xbox but each to their own.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jul 2013, 10:08 am

Yeah, see I prefer the look of the X1 Laugh

Thanks for the link. And on the upgrade thing, all I know is that my three mates with PS3s aren't getting the PS4 because it's not doing anything new, only doing what it does now better. And that's not worth £300+. Whereas I'll be getting the X1 (provided they drop the Kinect always on thing) because the Kinect is improved, the interface is improved, and it will have blu-ray. Those are three big things for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri 05 Jul 2013, 10:13 am

PS4 - More powerful than the 3, Interface has improved, cross-party chat, the ability to take over a friends game and play it level for them if they are stuck, Downloading when off, no mandatory downloads  unlike the 1 which will take up more space.

Each to their own you see; I'm sticking with the 4, i would of got the Xbox had it been the other way round with the DRM crap- i know its not in it anymore but if you ask me Microsoft blew it they thought people would just accept it but that did not happen, but each to their own im sticking her as i love ND too much lol

Not having to subscribe to PS PLUS to play some games online for free- Planetside,DCUO,Warframe etc.

not to say that the DRM thing on the one could always return as it will be a day one patch on the Xbox 1 so they could always repatch it.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 05 Jul 2013, 11:23 am

Ratchet and Clank blows every 360 exclusive down the toilet tbf
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jul 2013, 11:31 am

For you, I couldn't care less. Never liked it.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 05 Jul 2013, 11:35 am

No accounting for taste I guess At this stage should I buy a PS4 or XBOX One 3559488474 
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next