The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A simple goodbye

+30
R!skysports
glamorganalun
Effervescing Elephant
Dontheman
Pal Joey
flyhalffactory
Hood83
Norfolklass
tigerleghorn
t1000advancedprototype
offload
majesticimperialman
RDSguru
LordDowlais
bsando
Portnoy's Complaint
Sgt_Pooly
Taffineastbourne
Scrumpy
aucklandlaurie
Breadvan
ChequeredJersey
GunsGerms
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Jenifer McLadyboy
kiakahaaotearoa
Cyril
lostinwales
Taylorman
thebluesmancometh
34 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A simple goodbye Empty A simple goodbye

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 26 Jun 2013, 10:34 am

Hi guys,

Over the last few years I have been a pretty big poster (although not by somes standards) and at times taken flak from the misses for typing furiously while screaming at the rugby on the tv and venting, but that time is gone, I want to say goodbye to all as I won't be returning to this site.

With regards to my 24 / 48 hour banning (not sure what it was the post was edited after I saw it and rage quit logged out Smile there was little in it, I was very frustrated watching Wales early in the morning then told I couldn't hold an opinion on Cruden as I was so negative of welsh players before hand (or something to that effect) and after refusing to change my opinion was banned, there was little going on in reality, there's no bad feeling, I was in as much wrong as LB who I personally think just over reacted a touch after doing a very difficult job for a long time, I'll happily apologies for overreacting myself, but mostly apologies for the thread of crap that followed with a few posters who saw the banning as particularly unfair etc... I am more than happy to say sorry for any of my part, and agree or disagree I won't be on here to read this thread, just thought I'd pop on and say the sorry and goodbye to all, many who didn't get on or agree with my opinion at times, some I'd like to think did, and as I'm nursing a pretty heavy Melbourne hangover and have a few minutes free.

So LB sorry for my part mate, no hard feelings, keep up the good work, and to all take care and keep rocking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

A simple goodbye Empty Re: A simple goodbye

Post by Taylorman Wed 26 Jun 2013, 10:43 am

enjoy the rest of your Lions tour blues...going well so far...you'll be happy to see cruden picked up considerably a week later as well.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 26 Jun 2013, 10:47 am

I said I was going to log out but have an hour before the state of origin 2 starts or so, and this Gillard Rudd thing is going on...

Have to concede Cruden was excellent last week, a very good performance for such a limited pl... I cant even finish that last part Smile
So Cruden had a nightmare start the flourished.

I have a few more minutes for plenty of abuse from the usuals...

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 26 Jun 2013, 10:53 am

I for one will miss you. I dont always (or even often) agree but you have your own opinions and are prepared to argue them through and back them up with proper analysis rather than stick to the standard parochial crap

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 26 Jun 2013, 10:54 am

Cheers lost, nearly brought a tear to my eye...

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed 26 Jun 2013, 11:01 am

thebluesmancometh wrote:I have a few more minutes for plenty of abuse from the usuals...
I wouldn't give you the satisfaction blues Laugh

To be fair, you do admit when you're wrong. Maybe that's why your post count went up a lot recently Wink

No need to leave. Just take a break and come back refreshed for a bit of banter.

Unless you're going to do a Hersh on old 606 and have a 'leaving' article every week...

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 26 Jun 2013, 11:11 am

Don't worry Bluesman, when you lose your bet with me you can come back from your trip with a new name and a fresh start. Hug

You were to arguments like moths to a flame. That's because you always stood by what you said or wrote and even though I disagreed with a lot of what you said I respected your consistency of argument and your conviction. Nothing wrong with having differing opinions.

If I win the bet I've decided your new name will be In My Humbler Opinion. Of course if you win you have to come back and get your say. Lord knows some people would be happy to see me and my name cut down to size.

Enjoy the trip. Hope to point out fatal flaws in your arguments soon. Very Happy

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 26 Jun 2013, 11:13 am

Ha ha I always thought IMHO was in my honest opinion, not humble, there was little humble about my opinions

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 26 Jun 2013, 11:20 am

That certainly makes a better fit...

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed 26 Jun 2013, 11:21 am

I remember a post about you being taller than Doc and Poc. Wouldn't it be funny if you were Peter Stringer sized in real life....Laugh

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 26 Jun 2013, 11:23 am

I'll post a photo of me standing next to Alex Cuthbert in Newcastle a few days ago...

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed 26 Jun 2013, 11:23 am

thebluesmancometh wrote:I'll post a photo of me standing next to Alex Cuthbert in Newcastle a few days ago...
Top man! thumbsup

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 26 Jun 2013, 11:24 am

Looking up or down at Cuthbert?

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed 26 Jun 2013, 11:24 am

Are we allowed say ""I bet that's his mate Karl, he took the photo"

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed 26 Jun 2013, 11:25 am

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Looking up or down at Cuthbert?
I think Cuthbert is the same heigth as Doc and Poc so it would have to be down

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 26 Jun 2013, 11:26 am

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:Are we allowed say ""I bet that's his mate Karl, he took the photo"

You'd better hope it isn't a "selfie" then Wink
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed 26 Jun 2013, 11:30 am

Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:Are we allowed say ""I bet that's his mate Karl, he took the photo"

You'd better hope it isn't a "selfie" then Wink
Then we can say he was standing on a box...

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 26 Jun 2013, 11:55 am

Dont leave Bluesman. Keep trucking!!

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 26 Jun 2013, 11:57 am

Cuthbert is 6'6. Thats a ridiculous height for a winger. Lomu 6'5, Folau and North 6'4.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 26 Jun 2013, 11:59 am

Bye Blues, can't say I disagree with the temp ban from what I have heard of the incident but it'll be a shame to lose you. I don't always agree with what you say but it is always interesting to hear
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 26 Jun 2013, 12:31 pm

Hahaha slightly up, ish, its debatable, he has hair I don't hahaha

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Wed 26 Jun 2013, 12:38 pm

Enjoy Aus and come back refreshed for another season of Cardiff blues in the pro 12. That'll calm you down......Whistle
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 26 Jun 2013, 12:42 pm

Couple of things Bluesman,

No the western Force werent trying to be disrespectful to Great Britain and Ireland by not playing their full side, but rather they had a competition game three days later a fixture which had been been in place well before the fixtures for the Lions had been arranged, and they had their top players away in the Wallaby camp.
I thought Cruden did nt play too bad in that first half of the first test, he set off the backline on sweeping runs, Nonu was running off Cruden balls far better then he had for the last six months.but if you only judge him on his goalkicking (three misses) and dont look at anything else then I suppose you could give him the criticsm that you metered out to him.
New Zealand won the rugby World cup.
And craig Joubert is the best referee in the World.

Last edited by aucklandlaurie on Wed 26 Jun 2013, 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed 26 Jun 2013, 12:49 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:Couple of things Bluesman,

No the western Force werent trying to be disrespectful to Great Britain by not playing their full side, but rather they had a competition game three days later a fixture which had been been in place well before the fixtures for the Lions had been arranged, and they had their top players away in the Wallaby camp.
I thought Cruden did nt play too bad in that first half of the first test, he set off the backline on sweeping runs, Nonu was running off Cruden balls far better then he had for the last six months.but if you only judge him on his goalkicking (three misses) and dont look at anything else then I suppose you could give him the criticsm that you metered out to him.

The western force existed before 1800? Shocked

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 26 Jun 2013, 1:18 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:

No the western Force werent trying to be disrespectful to Great Britain by not playing their full side, but rather they had a competition game three days later a fixture which had been been in place well before the fixtures for the Lions had been arranged, and they had their top players away in the Wallaby camp.

I think Auckland Laurie is trying to be disrespectful or maybe genuinely ingorant that Great Britain werent playing at all.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 26 Jun 2013, 1:25 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:

I think Auckland Laurie is trying to be disrespectful or maybe genuinely ingorant that Great Britain werent playing at all.

How in Gods name can calling the Lions team a Great Britain side be disrespectful, its like how we some times refer to the Wallabies as Australia. dont know what ingorant is.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 26 Jun 2013, 1:27 pm

Because it's Great Britain and Ireland. Great Britain is specifically the larger of the British Isles and doesn't include either Northern Ireland (part of the UK but not GB, technically) or Ireland. It is like calling it the British Lions which is seen as a slight on the Irish by many
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 26 Jun 2013, 1:29 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:

How in Gods name can calling the Lions team a Great Britain side be disrespectful, its like how we some times refer to the Wallabies as Australia. dont know what ingorant is.

Laurie, it's the British AND Irish Lions - and most Irish don't like being included in "Britain" (much like we don't like it when the Aussies try poaching Ed Hillary or Crowded House). More to the point, I can remember that fact been pointed out to you on these boards before, so please leave off the ignorant act
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 26 Jun 2013, 1:32 pm

Cheers Chequered and Pete, you will see I amended by original post as soon as I saw Chequereds explanation.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 26 Jun 2013, 1:34 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:Cheers Chequered and Pete, you will see I amended by original post as soon as I saw Chequereds explanation.

Fair play mate Smile

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Wed 26 Jun 2013, 1:39 pm

Bye Bluesman you'll be back thumbsup

cheers fella enjoy the rest of the tour.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Wed 26 Jun 2013, 1:45 pm

All the best,Blues.
A break will do you well.There has been a lot of vitriol and bile on here for a few months fuelled by one eyed fans being overly chauvinistic and not getting the Lions at all.
I enjoy your posts and will miss your interesting points.
Wishing you well.Ale

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 26 Jun 2013, 1:48 pm

I really don't think it's been any worse during the Lions than it was at this year's or last year's 6Ns, to be completely honest
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Wed 26 Jun 2013, 1:50 pm

6Ns was ridiculous, way beyond banter.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed 26 Jun 2013, 1:55 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:

I was more referring to the fact that you spoke of a nation that ceased to exist 213 years ago

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Great_Britain

However you meant no harm by it, I reckon.

Some people would be uncomfortable with the description "British Isles" It doesn't bother me, that's mostly behind us now, but it does give me a slight shiver at times.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 1:58 pm

This is a little sad really.  You're passionate and argumentative, but definitely not a WUM.  Debate is about disagreement, and we've had a few of them ourselves.  But it takes 2 to disagree and argue, so it's not always the fault of one.  By the sounds of it you're involved in the game at a number of levels so have far more to offer in terms of knowledge and insight than some of the kn*bheads who post polls about George North's leg size, etc.  Shame they're not dealt with in the same manner.

Have a good trip and good luck with the sports conditioning business.  If I come into some money I'll get in touch about your sports conditioning centre and regional 'draft' proposal!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 26 Jun 2013, 1:59 pm

Bye Blue, will miss your craic on the boards.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 26 Jun 2013, 2:00 pm

Great Britain does still exist, though, Jenifer McLadyboy, it's just a geographical entity rather than a political one
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Wed 26 Jun 2013, 3:33 pm

Sometimes full rehabilitation can be achieved and acknowledged without the miscreant knowing anything about it.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Wed 26 Jun 2013, 3:47 pm

Shame to see you go Bluesman, pop back anytime! This sadly also means you'll have to relinquish your 606v2 award for "Best Wales vs England Argument of the Year" I believe it was?

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 26 Jun 2013, 4:36 pm

What happened, I do not know what has gone on, surely it cannot be that bad to make somebody want to leave altogther. Look, I know we all bicker and tease with each other on here, but we have a good community going on, lets not all get precious on here, just becuase you do not like what a certain person thinks it does not make them a bad person, or a wrong person, if people start jumping ship like this because they feel they are being pushed then this place will be worst for it.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Wed 26 Jun 2013, 4:48 pm

Worse is that Biltong felt it necessary to resign from the moderation panel (and seemingly the board) because of the pressure of having to perpetually having to hand down judgements of Solomon.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by RDSguru Wed 26 Jun 2013, 5:49 pm

Bluesmandontgoeth

Take care pal

RDSguru

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Wed 26 Jun 2013, 6:17 pm

Sorry to see you go Bluesman. Take care.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Wed 26 Jun 2013, 6:44 pm

Are you having a leaving do ? If I get an invite I'll take you off "ignore"

Wink
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Wed 26 Jun 2013, 7:07 pm

Don't go! You're the only one who trolls everything I say or write!

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Wed 26 Jun 2013, 8:17 pm

t1000advancedprototype wrote:Don't go! You're the only one who trolls everything I say or write!

You obviously hold a special place for Blues at least then.

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed 26 Jun 2013, 8:25 pm

tigerleghorn wrote:
t1000advancedprototype wrote:Don't go! You're the only one who trolls everything I say or write!

You obviously hold a special place for Blues at least then.
To quote Nick Faldo, I'm sure bluesman would like to thank t1000 'from the heart of my bottom'.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Wed 26 Jun 2013, 8:36 pm

Hahahaha.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by Norfolklass Wed 26 Jun 2013, 9:16 pm

Pob gorau. Always thought you were one of best posters.

Norfolklass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next