The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

B Teams

+2
Shelsey93
Hoggy_Bear
6 posters

Go down

B Teams Empty B Teams

Post by Hoggy_Bear Wed 03 Jul 2013, 1:03 pm

Just a bit of fun but, if everyone in the test team of respective nations were to injure themselves all at once, who would take over?
England are slightly less complicated as they have quite a well defined first team. So, if we take England's test team (as of this moment in time) as:

Cook
Root
Trott
KP
Bell
Bairstow
Prior
Broad
Swann
Anderson
Finn

what would their second XI look like?

Compton
Chopra??
Hildreth??
Taylor??
Bopara??
Morgan??
Buttler??
Bresnan
Tremlett
Onions
Panesar

Is Steve Davies still 2nd in line for the test 'keepers spot. Are those players really next in line for the batting positions? Is Rankin challenging for a place in the B team? What about other countries? Over to you.

Hoggy_Bear

Posts : 2202
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 56
Location : The Fields of Athenry

Back to top Go down

B Teams Empty Re: B Teams

Post by Shelsey93 Wed 03 Jul 2013, 1:09 pm

Interesting. I think your team is just about about spot on apart from Rankin is probably now ahead of Tremlett and Buttler is some distance from the Test reckoning.

On recent tours Bairstow has been reserve 'keeper and I suspect it will remain that way.

Shelsey93

Posts : 3134
Join date : 2011-12-14
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

B Teams Empty Re: B Teams

Post by Hoggy_Bear Wed 03 Jul 2013, 1:24 pm

Shelsey93 wrote:Interesting. I think your team is just about about spot on apart from Rankin is probably now ahead of Tremlett and Buttler is some distance from the Test reckoning.

On recent tours Bairstow has been reserve 'keeper and I suspect it will remain that way.

Yeah, you're probably right that Bairstow is the reserve 'keeper, but as I'd already included him in the first team, I was a bit loathe to put him in the B team as well. But if the whole A team happened to be killed in a tragic bus disaster (for example Wink ) who do think would take over as wickie?

Hoggy_Bear

Posts : 2202
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 56
Location : The Fields of Athenry

Back to top Go down

B Teams Empty Re: B Teams

Post by Shelsey93 Wed 03 Jul 2013, 2:06 pm

Hoggy_Bear wrote:
Shelsey93 wrote:Interesting. I think your team is just about about spot on apart from Rankin is probably now ahead of Tremlett and Buttler is some distance from the Test reckoning.

On recent tours Bairstow has been reserve 'keeper and I suspect it will remain that way.

Yeah, you're probably right that Bairstow is the reserve 'keeper, but as I'd already included him in the first team, I was a bit loathe to put him in the B team as well. But if the whole A team happened to be killed in a tragic bus disaster (for example Wink ) who do think would take over as wickie?

Last year Kieswetter was probably up ahead of Davies off the back of some good FC performances for Somerset. But its harder to say now - it may still be Davies, but don't rule out Tim Ambrose, who has been doing well of late.

Shelsey93

Posts : 3134
Join date : 2011-12-14
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

B Teams Empty Re: B Teams

Post by msp83 Thu 04 Jul 2013, 5:45 pm

If India choose to rest their first choice test side which at this point looks like
Vijay
Dhawan
Pujara
Tendulkar
Kohli
Dhoni
Jadeja
Ashwin
B Kumar
Ojha/Ishant depending on conditions
Yadav.
And put together a new side, say to play against Zimbabwe, it might look like
Gautam Gambhir captain
Unmukt Chand
Ajinkya Rahane
Rohit Sharma
Suresh Raina
Dinesh Karthik wicketkeeper
Parwez Rassool?
Amit Mishra
Praveen Kumar
Shahbaz Nadeem/Irfan Pathan depending on conditions?
Shami Ahmed.

msp83

Posts : 15402
Join date : 2011-05-30
Location : India

Back to top Go down

B Teams Empty Re: B Teams

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Thu 04 Jul 2013, 6:20 pm

There is no question on Parwez. Though he is just 17 games old in first class but still his batting and bowling are impressive. He surely deserves a place in the B-team. Ambati Rayadu, Manoj tiwary, Washim Jaffar(though he is quite old),also deserve a place.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Posts : 812
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 30
Location : Dhanbad, India

Back to top Go down

B Teams Empty Re: B Teams

Post by KP_fan Fri 05 Jul 2013, 7:21 am

my B xi will be made of those who are either not regulars or not proven themselves:

1) pujara (c)
2) vijay
3) rahane
4) tiwary
5) rayadu
6)stuart binny
7)rasool
8)irfan
9)vinay
10) amit mishra
11) sami ahmed

12) jalaj saxena
13)ap tare
14) karan sharma
15) mohit sharma

KP_fan
KP_fan

Posts : 8653
Join date : 2012-07-27

Back to top Go down

B Teams Empty Re: B Teams

Post by msp83 Fri 05 Jul 2013, 8:13 pm

So you think Rayudu could be keeping wickets in tests KPF? I rather doubt it, he could be a stop-gap keeper in T-20s, and could do the job in ODIs at a stretch, but having no meaningful first class keeping experience, no way should he be keeping in tests. And Aditya Tare ahead of Wriddiman Saha, Parthiv Patel and Sanju Samson?

msp83

Posts : 15402
Join date : 2011-05-30
Location : India

Back to top Go down

B Teams Empty Re: B Teams

Post by KP_fan Fri 05 Jul 2013, 8:45 pm

msp83 wrote:So you think Rayudu could be keeping wickets in tests KPF? I rather doubt it, he could be a stop-gap keeper in T-20s, and could do the job in ODIs at a stretch, but having no meaningful first class keeping experience, no way should he be keeping in tests. And Aditya Tare ahead of Wriddiman Saha, Parthiv Patel and Sanju Samson?

pretty much most of the guys I wanted have made it to the India-a tour to SA or the ODIs in Zimbabwe
Robin Bisht, Jalaj saxen and Dharekar would feel a bit hard done by not to be in the A tour either.

KP_fan
KP_fan

Posts : 8653
Join date : 2012-07-27

Back to top Go down

B Teams Empty Re: B Teams

Post by ShankyCricket Mon 08 Jul 2013, 9:00 am

No Pathan. Barely played Ranji last season, not fit enough and lost his nip.
My first XI

Vijay
Dhawan
Pujara
Kohli
Rayudu
Dhoni
Sir
Ashwin
Bhuvi
Kaul/Ojha
Yadav

Gambhir
Rohit
Rahane
Tiwary
Mandeep
Raina/?
Saha/Karthik
Rasool
Mishra/Nadeem
Shami
Pandey

ShankyCricket

Posts : 4546
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

B Teams Empty Re: B Teams

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum