The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Justice for BoD

+23
Strongback
Knowsit17
Cyril
Steffan
Thomond
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
ScarletSpiderman
GunsGerms
jimmyinthewell68
nganboy
HammerofThunor
kiakahaaotearoa
SecretFly
The Saint
logie28
Notch
glamorganalun
ultra
Jhamer25
t1000advancedprototype
Taylorman
PenfroPete
GavinDragon
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Justice for BoD Empty Justice for BoD

Post by GavinDragon Wed 03 Jul 2013, 10:07 pm

The name of a group on facebook with 68000 'likes' to date....

is this the biggest public backlash against a lions selection?

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Justice for BoD Empty Re: Justice for BoD

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 10:09 pm

The pictures of Gatland hanging are a bit over the top. Not very rugby.

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Wed 03 Jul 2013, 10:10 pm

Rolling Eyes 
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 03 Jul 2013, 10:11 pm

You don't pick a player for what they used to be. You pick them to win matches. Has BOD done his part in winning matches this series? No. Time to try someone else. Its not about whether hes better than the other guy. Its about whats he done. For me I've hardly notced him in either match.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Wed 03 Jul 2013, 10:12 pm

Haha this is amazing..

I said a long time ago that Lydiate would start and a big Welsh contingent would start and I was mocked.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Wed 03 Jul 2013, 10:18 pm

God you lot will be making a concert for him next.

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by ultra Wed 03 Jul 2013, 10:21 pm

Taylorman wrote:You don't pick a player for what they used to be. You pick them to win matches. Has BOD done his part in winning matches this series? No. Time to try someone else. Its not about whether hes better than the other guy. Its about whats he done. For me I've hardly notced him in either match.

This is, unfortunately, the point. BoD has been fairly anonymous, so has JD2 in fairness........in fact in the tests our backs have been invisible except in defense or when given the ball. But the backlash and even more surprisingly the welsh counter-backlash is really weird, normally sensible posters, (sorry ruggerradge), are morphing into some of the more, ermmm, 'special' posters and they in turn are almost melting into frothing madness! I'm sure there's some social/psychological reason behind this but its getting silly now. The LIONS from the NH are plying some perma-tanned, hair gel wearing spice-boys from down under on saturday.....I'd even be chearing on the french ffs!!

ultra

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Wed 03 Jul 2013, 10:24 pm

Taylorman wrote:You don't pick a player for what they used to be. You pick them to win matches. Has BOD done his part in winning matches this series? No. Time to try someone else. Its not about whether hes better than the other guy. Its about whats he done. For me I've hardly notced him in either match.

Spot on, I am not fan of Gatland but he has gone up in my estimation I have taken stick for being one eyed but I would have dropped BOD after the first game but in fairness the other centres were injured.

There are some mad people, maybe this is why Ireland are not bringing on new centres because of the old guard clinging to power.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 03 Jul 2013, 10:28 pm

ultra wrote:

This is, unfortunately, the point. BoD has been fairly anonymous, so has JD2 in fairness........in fact in the tests our backs have been invisible except in defense or when given the ball. But the backlash and even more surprisingly the welsh counter-backlash is really weird, normally sensible posters, (sorry ruggerradge), are morphing into some of the more, ermmm, 'special' posters and they in turn are almost melting into frothing madness!  I'm sure there's some social/psychological reason behind this but its getting silly now. The LIONS from the NH are plying some perma-tanned, hair gel wearing spice-boys from down under on saturday.....I'd even be chearing on the french ffs!!

So people who disagree with you are 'melting into frothing madness'. It doesn't seem like you're willing to listen to opinions you disagree with... obviously both sides of the argument have their morons but thats par for the course on a site like this after all.

On a lighter note... how do you type the words 'perma-tanned, hair gel wearing spice-boy' and not immediately think of Mike Phillips? Smile 
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by ultra Wed 03 Jul 2013, 10:36 pm

Notch wrote:
ultra wrote:

This is, unfortunately, the point. BoD has been fairly anonymous, so has JD2 in fairness........in fact in the tests our backs have been invisible except in defense or when given the ball. But the backlash and even more surprisingly the welsh counter-backlash is really weird, normally sensible posters, (sorry ruggerradge), are morphing into some of the more, ermmm, 'special' posters and they in turn are almost melting into frothing madness!  I'm sure there's some social/psychological reason behind this but its getting silly now. The LIONS from the NH are plying some perma-tanned, hair gel wearing spice-boys from down under on saturday.....I'd even be chearing on the french ffs!!

So people who disagree with you are 'melting into frothing madness'. It doesn't seem like you're willing to listen to opinions you disagree with... obviously both sides of the argument have their morons but thats par for the course on a site like this after all.

On a lighter note... how do you type the words 'perma-tanned, hair gel wearing spice-boy' and not immediately think of Mike Phillips? Smile 

No, no, no, you miss my point.......many folks who know their stuff and generally post reasoned debate are beginning to meltdown....the melting into frothing madness types are the guys who at best are mildly irritating wums but who seem hell bent on just spouting defensive nonsense. Some Jhammer chap is almost self imploding in shoite right now!
P.s. I haven't really given many opinions on the side, I'd prefer a different 10 from the offset, Sexton like Flood for me, and I try NOT to think of Phillips at all if that's ok. Not my cup of tea but I'll still be shouting him on this weekend!!

ultra

Back to top Go down

Post by logie28 Wed 03 Jul 2013, 10:40 pm

Does it occur to you that the page is slightly tongue in cheek, given the title is a derivative of the justice 4 bakkes armbands from the last lions tour. Yes Irish fans are peed off, like, 'what the Frak?!' peed off, but as usual there is a fair element of humour in the way they are venting their genuine anger.

logie28

Back to top Go down

Post by logie28 Wed 03 Jul 2013, 10:51 pm

Just had a look at the page, it's actually excellent, but listening to a despondent Willie John McBride bemoan Gatland for his selection, his tactics and his treatment of the Lions ethos is a little depressing.

logie28

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 03 Jul 2013, 10:56 pm

Laugh Irish rugby fans are hilarious. I think they've slipped off of everybody's 'favourite fans' list this weekend and the 68,000 clearly shows it is not just a small minority. I bet every Irish poster on this forum joined the group!

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 03 Jul 2013, 10:59 pm

We don't even have 68,000 rugby fans...Sad 

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:02 pm

Taylorman wrote:We don't even have 68,000 rugby fans...Sad 

You have more registered players, so you would have more than quadruple fans.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 04 Jul 2013, 1:03 am

Some of us are too old to be joining bloody Facebook groups, Saint. That's juvenile shyte.  

But I commend them!!!  I hope it reaches the 1 million mark Wink  The RTE News had a bunch of young rugby playing toddlers giving their opinions of the BODDROP. Funny and touching. They were very sad little lads.

It's all Lions fun, you know, like all the threads here on 606???!!! Salt in wounds, melodrama.... and we'd lost the "favourite fans" tag a long time ago...we're not mugs.  Wink  You lose favouritism when you open your mouth.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Thu 04 Jul 2013, 7:10 am

its past the 100k mark

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 04 Jul 2013, 7:28 am

We prefer to wear our taiaha on the inside Taylorman. And we don't worship false idols. There's only one rugby god and despite the Monty Python film, he ain't called Brian.

Justice for BOD would be a win on the weekend so he could be finally part of a winning Lions squad. I hardly think he'll lick his wounds by pressing like to all his fans on Facebook.

Sin é's Save My Kidney Facebook page actually got 3 500 000 likes but most people I'd wager didn't understand what they were clicking on.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Thu 04 Jul 2013, 7:34 am

self imploding in shoite

Wow, I'm using that one.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Thu 04 Jul 2013, 11:14 am

kiakahaaotearoa wrote: There's only one rugby god and despite the Monty Python film, he ain't called Brian.

Shucks Kia...I'll let MJ know you said that next time I see him:thumbsup: 

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 04 Jul 2013, 11:17 am

He's part of the holy trinity Taylorman. angel notworthy 

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Thu 04 Jul 2013, 11:19 am

thumbsup noted...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Thu 04 Jul 2013, 1:14 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:There's only one rugby god and despite the Monty Python film, he ain't called Brian.

MJ is a believer remember so he wouldn't appreciate you using the Lords name in vain.
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Thu 04 Jul 2013, 1:26 pm

so if they reach the million mark and gats read it will he say sorry jd your out and bod in justice for the leinster one

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 04 Jul 2013, 1:34 pm

Yeah... One Million makes his decision to change his mind inevitable.
It says it in The British and Irish Lions Handbook of Social Media Governance and Guidance.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 04 Jul 2013, 1:35 pm

You probably dont even know the names of the other centre options never mind have any clue how they have performed. Of all the centres BOD has been the best in the tests.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 04 Jul 2013, 1:56 pm

SecretFly wrote:Yeah... One Million makes his decision to change his mind inevitable.  
It says it in The British and Irish Lions Handbook of Social Media Governance and Guidance.

If it reaches one million, then it goes to prove that there are a hell of a lot of people on facebook that just click like on something because a friend or work collegue has. I have a fair few mate who talk rugby to me, and tell me how things are etc, but couldn't tell you who Wales played in the AIs, or what position the region they claim to support is in the Rabo etc. Sadly thinks like this facebook page just show that there are a heap of sheep out there on the internet just waiting for the shepherd to tell them what to do. picard
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 04 Jul 2013, 1:58 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
SecretFly wrote:Yeah... One Million makes his decision to change his mind inevitable.  

If it reaches one million, then it goes to prove that there are a hell of a lot of people on facebook that just click like on something because a friend or work collegue has.  I have a fair few mate who talk rugby to me, and tell me how things are etc, but couldn't tell you who Wales played in the AIs, or what position the region they claim to support is in the Rabo etc.  Sadly thinks like this facebook page just show that there are a heap of sheep out there on the internet just waiting for the shepherd to tell them what to do. picard

Odds are there's a sizeable minority who clicked "like " so they could scream at the other likers in the comments section too Wink
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 04 Jul 2013, 1:59 pm

As much as I dislike Gatland and his style this "protest" is embarassing.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 04 Jul 2013, 1:59 pm

I just had a look at the page and its pathetic. Lots of anti-Welsh stuff as well like 'sheep' references and that. I thought Twitter was bad yesterday with all the English hoping Andy Murray loses but this page is even worse

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 04 Jul 2013, 2:01 pm

Facebook can have a tendency to give voice to the lowest common denominator. I don't think this group has any real relevance to anything- other than indicating that a number of people are quite pished off at Gatland.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu 04 Jul 2013, 2:03 pm

Social media brings out the worst in people shocker!

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 04 Jul 2013, 2:05 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:

If it reaches one million, then it goes to prove that there are a hell of a lot of people on facebook that just click like on something because a friend or work collegue has.  I have a fair few mate who talk rugby to me, and tell me how things are etc, but couldn't tell you who Wales played in the AIs, or what position the region they claim to support is in the Rabo etc.  Sadly thinks like this facebook page just show that there are a heap of sheep out there on the internet just waiting for the shepherd to tell them what to do. picard

It's silly nonsense, a lot of fun actually when I tuned in to see what all the fuss was and I'd like it to get to a million for the fun of it (it won't).

It's not exactly a genuine petition Spiderman...as we all know Gats. you tell him to get BOD back on the side this instant! And he's more liable to drop Sexton, O'Brien and Bowe instead. He likes to show you he ain't listening. Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Thu 04 Jul 2013, 2:15 pm

The worrying part is that unless the Lions win to seal the series the question of BOD's dismissal will remain forever an open one, inciting furious debate and provoking personal feuds amongst some of our less mature posting contingent once they find themselves to be at odds. There will be no demonstrative way of proving that we will have played better or won had he started. For the record, I think that BOD and JD2 have both been identically anonymous in attack over the two tests thus far.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 04 Jul 2013, 2:19 pm

Notch wrote:Facebook can have a tendency to give voice to the lowest common denominator. I don't think this group has any real relevance to anything- other than indicating that a number of people are quite pished off at Gatland.

I thought it was meant as a joke a bit like the justice for Horwill movement.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 04 Jul 2013, 2:23 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:The worrying part is that unless the Lions win to seal the series the question of BOD's dismissal will remain forever an open one, inciting furious debate and provoking personal feuds amongst some of our less mature posting contingent once they find themselves to be at odds. There will be no demonstrative way of proving that we will have played better or won had he started. For the record, I think that BOD and JD2 have both been identically anonymous in attack over the two tests thus far.

Because they never complimented each other.  Two BODs to put it bluntly.  Either BOD needs his psychic friend D'arcy,who knows exactly what he's going to do at any given moment or Davies needs Roberts.  Whatever was wrong with the BOD/Davies combination it wasn't them causing it, it was a mal-functioning team...or one over-indulging in negative defensive tactics - issued by the boss.

BUT... BOD was not anonymous in defence - the disciplin most required during the game.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 04 Jul 2013, 2:31 pm

Justice for BoD 1016768_10151571605688089_668044966_n

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 04 Jul 2013, 2:48 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Knowsit17 wrote:The worrying part is that unless the Lions win to seal the series the question of BOD's dismissal will remain forever an open one, inciting furious debate and provoking personal feuds amongst some of our less mature posting contingent once they find themselves to be at odds. There will be no demonstrative way of proving that we will have played better or won had he started. For the record, I think that BOD and JD2 have both been identically anonymous in attack over the two tests thus far.

Because they never complimented each other.  Two BODs to put it bluntly.  Either BOD needs his psychic friend D'arcy,who knows exactly what he's going to do at any given moment or Davies needs Roberts.  Whatever was wrong with the BOD/Davies combination it wasn't them causing it, it was a mal-functioning team...or one over-indulging in negative defensive tactics - issued by the boss.

BUT... BOD was not anonymous in defence - the disciplin most required during the game.

If Davies ever dreams he's better than BOD he better wake up and apologize.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 2:54 pm

Strongback wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

If Davies ever dreams he's better than BOD he better wake up and apologize.

For god's sake.

Though at least it is a better contribution than suggesting Gatland dropped O'Driscoll because he's still upset over a job he lost years ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Thu 04 Jul 2013, 3:10 pm

I wonder if the Wions will wear Justice_4_BOD armbands? Whistle 
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 3:18 pm

Don't know. I have never heard of the Wions bar when a young child can't quite pronounce Lions.

Wonder if anybody on here wears a justice4Hersh armband after he has been banned and never returned.

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 3:22 pm

I for one, was amazed BOD was dropped.

As an Irish fan, very dissapointed for the guy.
Would have been great for him to lead the team out. A massive game which he would have loved to be captain in.

I've read alot of posts today. Some serious petty comments.
BOD isnt playing, we need to move on.
10 Welsh, so be it.
They will be wearing the red of Lions saturday, not Wales.

Yes I would have liked to see a couple more Irish, English would have liked more, scots etc.

Thats the way it goes.
Not agreed with Gatlands choices in some games, but he's the guy in charge.
So will support whoever.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 04 Jul 2013, 3:24 pm

VictorU3 wrote:I wonder if the Wions will wear Justice_4_BOD armbands? Whistle 

Hope so. I hope they look really tatty and amaturish like the justice for Bakkies armbands too. Maybe Rala could fashion them out of an old fertiliser bag and some indelible markers.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 04 Jul 2013, 3:25 pm

thumbsup I think 10 of them are wearing justice for Gatland armbands

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 04 Jul 2013, 3:26 pm

RubyGuby wrote:thumbsup I think 10 of them are wearing justice for Gatland armbands

I don't know, I heard they will be wearing justice for Tips instead.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Thu 04 Jul 2013, 3:41 pm

Notch wrote:Facebook can have a tendency to give voice to the lowest common denominator. I don't think this group has any real relevance to anything- other than indicating that a number of people are quite pished off at Gatland.

Exactly what it doesn't. Notch.

Facebook allows everyone an opinion (so long as it doesn't say Frak or Kumquat or precisely how your arse will be violated),

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 04 Jul 2013, 3:45 pm

RubyGuby wrote:thumbsup I think 10 of them are wearing justice for Gatland armbands

They're already dressed in red to begin with, Ruby. That should be sufficient to make the statement.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 05 Jul 2013, 8:57 am

Went on the facebook site last night, just to have a look.

There was a picture with BOD & POC laughing at training, the caption read
"Warren thinks he can win without us" Thought that was funny.

Anyone seen the 'Hitler reacts to the news BOD has been dropped from the Lions team?'

I think its hilarious.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Fri 05 Jul 2013, 11:17 am

Justice For BOD Protest March Planned For Friday
http://www.thepotato.ie/2013/07/brian-odriscoll-dropped-from-lions/ Shocked 

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 05 Jul 2013, 11:21 am

There is a disturbing symmetry to this series and the '05 series.

'05 BOD dropped by a Kiwi (Umaga)
'13 BOD dropped by a Kiwi (Gatland)

'05 Management blunders (Clive Woodward)
'13 Management blunders (Gatland)

'05 Welsh captain (Thomas)
'13 Welsh Captain (Warb, AWJ)

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next