The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mijas, Spain

5 posters

Go down

Mijas, Spain Empty Mijas, Spain

Post by BlueCoverman Wed 10 Jul 2013, 11:31 am

Has anyone played or got any experience of Mijas on the Costa del Sol? My golf society is considering a a trip there next May with 2 rounds on the Lagos course and 2 on the Olivas.

Any comments or views would be much appreciated. Thanks

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Mijas, Spain Empty Re: Mijas, Spain

Post by McLaren Wed 10 Jul 2013, 11:56 am

My stock response as always is get yourself to scotland for some real golf. Wink 
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 10 Jul 2013, 1:37 pm

I've just come back from there Blue, stayed at a resort called Dona Lola. I played golf but only with my father in law who is not a golfer at a p*ssy little 9 holer called La Noria

So in summary, i can't help with the golf...... but the area is lovely as long as you are looking towards the sea....
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Wed 10 Jul 2013, 2:57 pm

I used to go and stay in a Villa that over looked the courses every year but haven't been since I got married about five years ago. They used to be great courses and far more "playable" if slightly less spectacular than some of the ones whereby a yard off the fairway would cost you a ball.

Unfortunately one of the guys I used to go with says they've gone downhill rapidly such that when he was there in June they were barely worth playing. The hotel that ran alongside one of the holes (Biblios or something I think) has also shut down as has the supermarket in the nearest town.

Also I'm not sure where you were planning on staying but the actual village of Mijas is up in the mountains not particularly close to the golf courses though it's a very pretty village. The golf courses are nearer Fuengirola which is far from pretty.

My advice going on his word is to avoid them and go for somewhere like Santana (for the course not to stay) or Marbella. My experience of Santana was always first rate and my mate says it's as good as ever. Exciting course though not stupidly so and always in fantastic condition.

Others I'd recommend would be Santa Clara or Los Naranjos. Ones that were always a bit cheaper but worth a visit were Rio Real, El Chaparel and Santa Maria. Mira Flores was/is a reasonable course but built alongside an open sewer!!

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Thu 11 Jul 2013, 8:40 am

Not played the Mijas ones for a few years, but was down that way last Sept Oct (after the poor summer and during the horrendous motorway destroying downpours). All the courses we saw were suffering a lot so may not be a fair reflection.

Last year we played Rio Real (nice course/holes but not in great nick), Torrequebrada (suffered through rain but great course) and Santana twice (incredibly nice course). I personally would be looking not to play the same tracks twice in a trip (Santana was a "bonus" on the day off as we got a good deal) and of the options around (even very close by) I certainly wouldn't do both Mijas twice. If I recall, cheap and close and thoroughly enjoyable El Chaparal and Santa Maria.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down