The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Premiership Semi-finals this weekend

4 posters

Go down

Premiership Semi-finals this weekend Empty Premiership Semi-finals this weekend

Post by On-the-Soar Tue 10 May 2011, 8:24 pm

Evening all, newbie (and Tigers season ticket holder) here.

Just trying to get some thoughts on this weekend's semis. Regrettably, I think Tigers might be the 4th best side going into the matches. Recent form is just not good enough - scoring plenty of tries but leaking way too many points (64 in last two home games!!).

In terms of the other 3 -

Sarries - annoyingly consistent. And I can't even moan too much these days about the South African takeover of the club 'cos there's loads of young English talent coming through. Grrr!

Glaws - 10 tries last weekend. Nuff said!

Saints - talent all over the park and a pack that could give us a very rough time on Saturday.

All in all, genuinely wide open this year. Not a good time for Flood to start playing real flaky!!

Thoughts?

On-the-Soar

Back to top Go down

Premiership Semi-finals this weekend Empty Re: Premiership Semi-finals this weekend

Post by Guest Tue 10 May 2011, 10:15 pm

Welcome On-the-Soar!

Can't say I know too much about the English Premiership (Scarlets fan here!), but I know for sure that Leicester are always going to be tough to beat at the serious end of a competition.

I think you've got enough to beat Saints, especially as they have one eye on the Heineken. Going to be tough though and I expect both semi-finals to be good matches.

With regards to playing styles, I hope Gloucester beat Sarries. Think them against either Saints or Leicester could make a great final.

Back to top Go down

Premiership Semi-finals this weekend Empty Re: Premiership Semi-finals this weekend

Post by doctor_grey Tue 10 May 2011, 11:17 pm

Couldn't agree with you more, On-the-Soar. A very wide open year. Easy to make a case for each team. I will be pulling for Saints because I like the young talent and make up of their team. But Sarries do look very solid and consistent, and, quite frankly, might be the best team anyway. But the gaps are small. Will certainly be watching, but not putting up any cash on these matches.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Wed 11 May 2011, 5:04 pm

I agree that Saracens look favorites to win the title, especially based on current form. Although Gloucester have played really well I think their defensive play will be the deciding factor.

Honestly can't call the Tigers Saints semi. I'm a Saints fan but really can't call it either way (maybe home field advantage will make the difference, although I hope not).

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 12 May 2011, 7:44 pm

Tigers v Sarries final, with Saracens getting revenge for losing last years final.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down