The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amir Khan's Next Fight in December - Too long a wait?

+3
TopHat24/7
TRUSSMAN66
bhb001
7 posters

Go down

Amir Khan's Next Fight in December - Too long a wait? Empty Amir Khan's Next Fight in December - Too long a wait?

Post by bhb001 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:06 am

I just noticed that Khan is fighting on the 7th December against an unannounced fighter. Taking the fact that TBA is very busy these days, Khan last fought in April. This is therefore an 8 month gap between fights. He is trying to rebuild his career and may even have aspirations of fighting Mayweather some time in the next two years. So, is this too much of a gap, even in this modern era of fighting one or two times a year? Or is it a sensible break to concentrate on being a better, stronger fighter? I am undecided with leanings towards too long a break, but I am interested in what others on this board think.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan's Next Fight in December - Too long a wait? Empty Re: Amir Khan's Next Fight in December - Too long a wait?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:08 am

Wasn't be being lined up for Alexander ????

Not too long a wait for me..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan's Next Fight in December - Too long a wait? Empty Re: Amir Khan's Next Fight in December - Too long a wait?

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:10 am

Remember Khan loses a lot of time due to Ramadan, both the period itself but also recovery after.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:14 am

If it was confirmed as Alexander, then you are probably right, but still TBA at the moment. Both fought last within a month of ech other (give or take), so would be a great option.

Ramadan is a good point also. He currently is in the middle of it. Given a three month training camp, then I suppose the earliest he could be expected to fight is November, so December isn't too bad.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:41 am

Ramadan ends 8 August, so presuming his body requires till, say, the end of the month to recover back to a neutral state, minimum Sep and Oct training camps, Nov would be the earliest reasonable fight time as bhb says.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:46 am

Look on the bright side.....Thankfully they only have the 72 virgins after they die!!!

Otherwise he'd be too knackered to train!!!!!!!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Mon 15 Jul 2013, 2:30 pm

Any chance that his next opponent will be the "big announcement" Eddie Hearn was taking about saturday night?

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 4:30 pm

Hopefully so Small Time. That way Khan can literally send the "special" fighter back down a peg or ten.

Khan to win that fight via a very very wide UD

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 15 Jul 2013, 4:53 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Remember Khan loses a lot of time due to Ramadan, both the period itself but also recovery after.

When he chooses to.

In 2005 he fought Steve Gethin 3 days after the end of Ramadan.

In 2007 he fought Scott Lawton during Ramadan.

In 2008 he fought (?) Breidis Prescott during Ramadan.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 4:55 pm

Mind you, after 2008 you can see why he avoids fighting any where near Ramadan

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 15 Jul 2013, 5:04 pm

That's more luck than judgement I reckon, what with him only fighting 2 / 3 times a year since hitting the big time.

Did Ali's career suffer due to Ramadan?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 15 Jul 2013, 5:11 pm

That different union - most of Ali's ramadhan's while he was fasting fell in the winter months - Khans get progressively longer (until next or year after). In winter - barely 9-10hours whereas 18 hours today

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 15 Jul 2013, 5:13 pm

That would make a difference, didn't think of it like that. A good point well made, Shah.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 7:31 pm

Khan's got it all wrong he should be fighting just aftr ramadan..........As it's never his fault when he loses...It'll be another convenient excuse..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down