The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Top Ten Iconic moments in Horror movie history ??

+7
jimmyinthewell68
Galted
rIck_dAgless
Interceptor
Rowley
Fists of Fury
TRUSSMAN66
11 posters

Go down

The Top Ten Iconic moments in Horror movie history ?? Empty The Top Ten Iconic moments in Horror movie history ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 18 Jul 2013, 10:10 am

1. The Exorcist  - Head spinning scene.....
2. Suspiria        - The first kill................
3. Psycho         - The shower scene
4. Alien            - Chest burster scene
5. The Omen     - The kid turning round and smiling at the end funeral..
6. Amityville 2   - The opening with the house lying vacant...
7. American werewolf in London  - The transformation
8. The Exorcist  - The priest arriving at the house and looking up to the little girl's window from the outside.
9. The Shining    -  Here's Johnny....
10. Poltergeist   -  The little girl looking at Tv.........

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 18 Jul 2013, 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

The Top Ten Iconic moments in Horror movie history ?? Empty Re: The Top Ten Iconic moments in Horror movie history ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 18 Jul 2013, 10:11 am

Ha ha ha..Looks like I've posted this in the wrong section..

If one of you nice mods could stick it in the movie section for me....I'd be very grateful..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

The Top Ten Iconic moments in Horror movie history ?? Empty Re: The Top Ten Iconic moments in Horror movie history ??

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 18 Jul 2013, 10:13 am

Done.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 18 Jul 2013, 10:20 am

cheers buddy..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 18 Jul 2013, 10:26 am

Not a big horror fan but the scene which always gets me is in the original Texas Chainsaw when they are first walking around the house and they go to the door with the plastic curtain across it and Leatherhead appears and puts a hammer through someones head, shocking and brutal.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Interceptor Thu 18 Jul 2013, 10:28 am

Star Wars - First appearance of Darth Vadar
Empire Strikes Back - 'I am your father'
Dr Strangelove - A Bomb Rodeo
Raiders of the Lost Ark - Running away from the boulder
Rocky - Running up the steps
E.T - Flying bikes
Matrix - Dodging bullets
Jurassic Park - First sight of the dinosaurs
Schindler's List - Girl in the red coat
Saving Private Ryan - Beach Landing

Interceptor

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 18 Jul 2013, 10:28 am

The ring - girl comes out of T.V
Alien - John hurt "gives birth"

Last edited by rick_dagless on Thu 18 Jul 2013, 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : put stuff in there nothing to do with horror as i can not read properly!)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 18 Jul 2013, 10:38 am

american werewolf in london - changing scene

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 18 Jul 2013, 10:40 am

Nosferatu's shadow climbing the stairs (1922 version)
Frankenstein lobbing the girl into the lake (1931 version)
Omen - the nanny hanging herself
Exorcist - Regan screwing the crucifix
Let The Right One In - the swimming pool scene
Pet Sematary - the scalpel to the heel
Invasion Of The Body Snatchers - the scream at the end

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 18 Jul 2013, 10:40 am

E.T did have its scary moments but not sure it was a horror movie Inter...But good list..

Good scene that Rowley it was a strange film..........The ring choice is good too..........John Hurt giving birth is the chestburster scene Rick..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 18 Jul 2013, 10:41 am

Sorry missed that Truss mate

(Note to self, learn to read properly!)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Interceptor Thu 18 Jul 2013, 10:43 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:E.T did have its scary moments but not sure it was a horror movie Inter...But good list..

Good scene that Rowley it was a strange film..........The ring choice  is good too..........John Hurt giving birth is the chestburster scene Rick..

Damn my bad! Should of read the title more carefully!

Interceptor

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 18 Jul 2013, 10:44 am

V - First time they eat a mouse
Carrie - blood drenching scene
28 days later - walking through deserted London

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 18 Jul 2013, 10:44 am

Rick...great minds and all that..

Invasion of the bodysnatchers is a good call suffers probably from being a remake...The Nanny was a scary moment too....good call

The scene that screwed me in that film though was when the photographer was showing Peck the pictures and how the subjects all died.......and then showed him a picture with himself on it and a line to show how he was going to die...Truly unnerving.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 18 Jul 2013, 10:46 am

Missed the Carrie one Mate..........Probably belongs in the top 10.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Interceptor Thu 18 Jul 2013, 10:50 am

Misery - Sledgehammer to the ankles. Brutal.

Interceptor

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 18 Jul 2013, 10:52 am

The Shining - twins in the corridor
IT - Penywise in the drain with baloons

a bit leftfield - Thriller - MJ turns around with the eyes at the end

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 18 Jul 2013, 11:03 am

The problem with It was it's a made-for-Tv movie...The twins is a good call as is James Caan having his toe nails done..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 18 Jul 2013, 11:07 am

yeah i see your point with IT, that and the fact that Stephen king can not finish a story properly Smile

agree with Misery, always a tough scene to watch, like the hammer torture scene from Kill list

back on topic

Edward woodwood in the Structure at the end in the wicker man

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Thu 18 Jul 2013, 11:20 am

the thing .     the head growing legs and crawling away and someone says      u got to be f**king kidding me

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Thu 18 Jul 2013, 11:24 am

jaws would say the music , but the girl swimming at the beginning

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 18 Jul 2013, 11:31 am

Generic in a lot of films, but can't remember who did it first and best (Scream probably). Cute girl talking on phone to psycho who reveals himself to be in the house. It is generic now, like I said, but well done first time.

End of Carrie with her hand coming from her grave to pull the person down. Set a precedent for lots of other movies.

Race with the Devil. RV surrounded by ring of fire, trapping everyone inside, while the satanists close in.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 18 Jul 2013, 1:46 pm

Salem's Lot - friend flying outside the bedroom window

Halloween - Michael Myers appearing from behind the hedge and then disappearing again

Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Leatherface dancing in the middle of the road at sunrise

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 21 Jul 2013, 3:25 pm

Yes the salem's lot one was terrifying......however another made for tV movie...

Leatherface shuffle is truly iconic...though I loathe the movie..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Mon 22 Jul 2013, 4:19 pm

Watched Salem's Lot all the way through recently (the 79 version). Actually quite enjoyed it, thought James Mason was great in one of his last roles.

I see Stephen King as being the godfather of horror and this is usually done some justice in his adaptations. Pet Sematary is the most notable imo, really worked me over the first time I watched it. Although I still love it, never got what people found greatly frightening about The Shining, thought the book was far more disturbing if I'm honest.

The Sixth Sense has a few (un)settlers in its locker ("Dinner is not ready", "I'll show you where my dad keeps his gun", "I'm feeling much better now" etc)

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Mon 22 Jul 2013, 6:59 pm

This probably doesn't feature any top 10 moments by many people's considerations but I feel it deserves a mention anyway - Eraserhead. Maybe I'm just a sucker for the psychological genre, at least when it's done well. I could name more than one scene that seriously freaked me.

Last edited by Knowsit17 on Mon 22 Jul 2013, 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : My mistake: definitely counts as horror)

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 22 Jul 2013, 7:23 pm

Eraserhead was the most harrowing film I'd seen until watching Grave of the Fireflies, the main difference being that there was nothing sweet or sad about Eraserhead - it's just an ugly, nasty film - has been quite a while since I saw it so probably due another watch.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by The Best in the World Mon 22 Jul 2013, 7:49 pm

Saw- the ending, with Jigsaw standing up and Adam's face turning slowly in absolute horror
Saw 7- Dr Gordon closing the door on Hoffman in the iconic bathroom saying 'Game Over'
The Best in the World
The Best in the World

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Jul 2013, 7:51 pm

Let me guess you're a SAW fan...

Too gory for me..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Best in the World Mon 22 Jul 2013, 8:03 pm

you guess correct Truss. I don't know why tbh, I just like them.

The gore is taken to the extreme in films 4-7, 1-3 aren't so bad for gore
The Best in the World
The Best in the World

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Jul 2013, 8:19 pm

Which is the one where they are both trying to find a key at the beginning and one gets the stitches ripped from his mouth and tons of blood comes pouring out..

Made me feel sick..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Best in the World Mon 22 Jul 2013, 8:20 pm

I think that's number 3, I agree it's not nice to see
The Best in the World
The Best in the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down