The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Actors that should'nt of made it.......but did!

+18
Mind the windows Tino.
jimmyinthewell68
MetalMotty
TRUSSMAN66
superflyweight
TopHat24/7
Hulking_up
Mike Selig
WhiteCamry
Shot 21 LCFC
westisbest
Luke
bhb001
bluestonevedder
Rowley
Stella
Galted
ONETWOFOREVER
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Actors that should'nt of made it.......but did! Empty Actors that should'nt of made it.......but did!

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:50 pm

Can't understand the hype around Keano Reeves. Wooden actor no acting skills worthy of any note yet he has made big money in films like the Matrix.

Ruins any film he has ever appeared in.

Hugh Jackman is another. I don't get excited by his movies at all.

Brad Pitt nothing special

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Actors that should'nt of made it.......but did! Empty Re: Actors that should'nt of made it.......but did!

Post by Galted Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:43 pm

Nicolas Cage - dire

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Actors that should'nt of made it.......but did! Empty Re: Actors that should'nt of made it.......but did!

Post by Stella Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:44 pm

Colin Farrell
Seth Rogen
Vince Vaughn

Come to think of it, these are actors that I just don't like.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:46 pm

The career of Orlando Bloom is one that is of constant bafflement to me. Has all the range of a cupboard.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:51 pm

Rowley wrote:The career of Orlando Bloom is one that is of constant bafflement to me. Has all the range of a cupboard.

Personally, I think you're being a little harsh on cupboards.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:53 pm

I was talking about a particularly untalented cupboard.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:01 pm

Rowley wrote:The career of Orlando Bloom is one that is of constant bafflement to me. Has all the range of a cupboard.

Laugh Laugh Laugh OK 

and he bagged a supermodel....life aint fair I tells ya!

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:33 pm

Adam Sandler. But keeps making films that make above $100M in the US. Who pays to go and see him??

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:31 pm

Rowley wrote:I was talking about a particularly untalented cupboard.

Ah I see. Perhaps one that I put up? Door-doesn't-close sort of job.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:32 pm

bhb001 wrote:Adam Sandler. But keeps making films that make above $100M in the US. Who pays to go and see him??

Was going to mention Sandler. Really needs to just stop making films soon, but some crazy fools just keep funding him. It's a travesty that he somehow convinced Al Pacino to appear alongside him.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:37 pm

bluestonevedder wrote:
bhb001 wrote:Adam Sandler. But keeps making films that make above $100M in the US. Who pays to go and see him??

Was going to mention Sandler. Really needs to just stop making films soon, but some crazy fools just keep funding him. It's a travesty that he somehow convinced Al Pacino to appear alongside him.

Its not rocket science as to why Sandler keeps making films but if I mention it this thread gets locked and I get banned.

better to keep quite methinks.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:44 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
bluestonevedder wrote:

Its not rocket science as to why Sandler keeps making films but if I mention it this thread gets locked and I get banned.

I..l..lum..in...at.........i?

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:51 pm

bluestonevedder wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
bluestonevedder wrote:

Hes 1 of their top boys.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:55 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
bluestonevedder wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
bluestonevedder wrote:

Hes 1 of their top boys.
I thought it was something infinitely less sinister but no less disturbing....namely that there are vast numbers of stupid people in the world who think he's funny.

Watched Hotel Transylvannia a while back and quite enjoyed it until I realised Sandler did Dracula's voice. Suddenly, the film was garbage and I won't recommend it to anyone. Perhaps I just dislike him more than is good for me

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:57 pm

I liked The Wedding Singer and The Waterboy.

His films do have one thing in common. He always plays the nice guy..............I think.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:12 am

Jim Carrey,
Hugh Grant,
Will Smith.
Orlando Bloom.
Bradley Cooper.

Kieria Knightley,
Jennifer Lawrence,
Mila Kunis.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:15 am

Michael Caine?
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:21 am

Hugh Grant is a great shout.

He made 1 film but is more well known for getting gobbled by Destiny or whatever her name is.

sorry Stella don't be offended.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:30 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Hugh Grant is a great shout.

He made 1 film but is more well known for getting gobbled by Destiny or whatever her name is.

Rolling Eyes Huh!
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:37 am

Stella wrote:

Rolling Eyes Huh!

I did not want to offend you as you are a female and did not know how you would rake my comment regarding Hugh Grant and a lady of the night.

I just want to make this abundantly clear that I am in NO WAY a sexist. I believe in equal rights for all men and woman or woman and men if you like. Everyone deserves opportunity in life and woman are of no exception.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:54 am

Katherine Heigl could be on the list

She just plays the same parts in every film.

But damn, she a fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine piece a ass.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:08 am

Surely this is pretty much the same thread as "actors you dislike with a passion"...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteCamry Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:35 am

tigerrobins wrote:
Mila Kunis.

Until lately she's been the off-screen voice of Meg Griffin on "Family Guy;"  she seems to be trying to branch out to on-screen appearances.  I foresee a short career in rom-coms, unless she does more girl-on-girl scenes with A-list actresses.

WhiteCamry

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:40 am

Oh hell yeah!!!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:41 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
Stella wrote:

Rolling Eyes Huh!

I did not want to offend you as you are a female and did not know how you would rake my comment regarding Hugh Grant and a lady of the night.

I just want to make this abundantly clear that I am in NO WAY a sexist. I believe in equal rights for all men and woman or woman and men if you like. Everyone deserves opportunity in life and woman are of no exception.

I dont  think Stella is a female.
Think I read on another thread that someone thought he was, then he corrected them.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:54 am

WhiteCamry wrote:
tigerrobins wrote:
Mila Kunis.

Until lately she's been the off-screen voice of Meg Griffin on "Family Guy;"  she seems to be trying to branch out to on-screen appearances.  I foresee a short career in rom-coms, unless she does more girl-on-girl scenes with A-list actresses.
Mila Kunis, the actress they'll go to when they want someone for the "Angeline Jolie" Biopic

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:57 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
Stella wrote:

Rolling Eyes Huh!

I am male. Stella was a tiple I was drinking at the time of joining.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:58 am

Well he is an inch taller than the average Englishman, so I guess that does make him a tallboy. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:10 am

Got to disagree with Brad Pitt. Think the guy sometimes gets a rough deal because he happens to be good looking, but he can genuinely act, and is always prepared to challenge himself with roles as different as the ones he took on in se7en, fight club, burn after reading and moneyball. To put him up alongside the likes of Hugh Grant (admittedly he plays the bumbling English romantic very well, but how many movies can you make out of repeating the same role over and over) or Orlando Bloom (definition of "smell the fart" acting) seems a bit harsh IMO.

I always thought Keanu Reeves was perfectly cast in the Matrix. But Jonathon Harker, perhaps less so... I thought he was good in A Scanner Darkly, possibly because it was made into animation after shooting...

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:19 am

Yeah Brad Pitt is a brilliant actor. No film proves it more than Snatch.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:30 am

I think every Aussie actor who appeared on Neighbours or Home and away and then insplickably (forgive spelling in rush) found fame in Hollywood should be on this list.

That includes Russel Crowe - can't act
That guy from Momento - Can't act
Natalie Imbruglia - Can't act

All of them.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:24 pm

WhiteCamry wrote:
tigerrobins wrote:
Mila Kunis.

Until lately?
She's been in at least 1 film every year for the last 7 years.
I'm a Mila fan so i don't think she should be mentioned in this thread.

Someone who does deserve to be mentioned is Steven Seagal.
His acting is the definition of wooden.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:55 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:I think every Aussie actor who appeared on Neighbours or Home and away and then insplickably (forgive spelling in rush) found fame in Hollywood should be on this list.

That guy from Momento - Can't actNatalie Imbruglia - Can't act

All of them.

Guy Pearce, think he's decent.

Chris Hemsworth I dont thin is great, apart from Thor.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:26 pm

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:Yeah Brad Pitt is a brilliant actor. No film proves it more than Snatch.

Fight Club?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:59 pm

That guy from Momento - Can't act

That guy that pretended to be a girl on the old 606 - can't spell

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:14 am

Edward Norton.....Terrible as the hulk...bland, boring, charisma-less actor who even made Red dragon boring..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:37 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Edward Norton.....Terrible as the hulk...bland, boring, charisma-less actor who even made Red dragon boring..
Strange then that he should have received so many plaudits for his early works then?
Sadly "Red Dragon" suffers from the success of "Silence of the Lambs" they seemed to think that having made one hit movie, it would naturally be a doddle to do it with, what I consider to be, the superior novel. Even Manhunter wasn't great

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:42 am

Ed Norton??

Brilliant actor!!

American History X is one of the top20 movies of all time - largely down to him. Great in Fight Club also.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:00 am

DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Edward Norton.....Terrible as the hulk...bland, boring, charisma-less actor who even made Red dragon boring..
Strange then that he should have received so many plaudits for his early works then?
Sadly "Red Dragon" suffers from the success of "Silence of the Lambs" they seemed to think that having made one hit movie, it would naturally be a doddle to do it with, what I consider to be, the superior novel. Even Manhunter wasn't great

Well I don't like him...........Rolling Eyes 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:01 am

Yeh, can't agree with Ed Norton there.

One of his underrated performance is 'Primal Fear' in my opinion. He's veeeery good in that.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:03 am

Hugh Grant..If he'd retired after four weddings..It would have saved us seeing the same performance 200 times..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:09 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Hugh Grant..If he'd retired after four weddings..It would have saved us seeing the same performance 200 times..

Hugh Grant..If he'd retired before Four Weddings..It would have saved us seeing Four Weddings....

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:38 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:I think every Aussie actor who appeared on Neighbours or Home and away and then insplickably (forgive spelling in rush) found fame in Hollywood should be on this list.

got to disagree with this i think Russell Crowe is fantastic also he not an Aussie hes from New Zealand Very Happy

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:42 am

Insplickably......I love that word....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:06 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Shot 21 LCFC wrote:Yeah Brad Pitt is a brilliant actor. No film proves it more than Snatch.

Fight Club?

He is brilliant in that too, but he is amazing in Snatch as a traveller. Everything from the accent to his mannerisms, I still cant believe its Brad "Hollywood Star" Pitt when I see it!!!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:55 pm

Sandra bullock or what ever her name is . gorgeous gorgeous girl but lucky she still making films . after speed i can't think of any real good films she been in and too the people who had a go at keano reeves , perhaps he still around because he turned down speed two

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:05 pm

Hugh Jackman......mad 

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:22 pm

Don't let TSMR hear you say that Tina, she'd have your eyes out.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:31 pm

Rowley wrote:Don't let TSMR hear you say that Tina, she'd have your eyes out.
Just give me 20 minutes with her, Jeff. I could convince her that he is Satan himself.

Either that or she would fall in love with me.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:54 pm

My money's on the eye-gouging....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next