The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Actors that should'nt of made it.......but did!

+18
Mind the windows Tino.
jimmyinthewell68
MetalMotty
TRUSSMAN66
superflyweight
TopHat24/7
Hulking_up
Mike Selig
WhiteCamry
Shot 21 LCFC
westisbest
Luke
bhb001
bluestonevedder
Rowley
Stella
Galted
ONETWOFOREVER
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Actors that should'nt of made it.......but did! - Page 2 Empty Actors that should'nt of made it.......but did!

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 29 Jul 2013, 10:50 am

First topic message reminder :

Can't understand the hype around Keano Reeves. Wooden actor no acting skills worthy of any note yet he has made big money in films like the Matrix.

Ruins any film he has ever appeared in.

Hugh Jackman is another. I don't get excited by his movies at all.

Brad Pitt nothing special

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Actors that should'nt of made it.......but did! - Page 2 Empty Re: Actors that should'nt of made it.......but did!

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 16 Aug 2013, 9:55 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:My money's on the eye-gouging....
Mine too.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Actors that should'nt of made it.......but did! - Page 2 Empty Re: Actors that should'nt of made it.......but did!

Post by STC Fri 16 Aug 2013, 10:58 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
Jackman is excellent in "The Prestige" and "The Fountain".
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:41 am

STC wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
Good actor he may or may not be, the man is a clown. A rude, arrogant clown who deserves to have his testicles stapled to his forehead. And I speak from experience. Not of having my testicles stapled to my forehead but of the aforementioned Mr Jackman.

The Prestige is a brilliant film though.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:53 am

You met him then Tino?

Always seemed like a nice genuine bloke to me.

Feel sorry for him being labelled as gay all the time just because he's been with his, non-Hollywood, wife for more than 5 mins and used to be in musicals.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:55 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
STC wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
Good actor he may or may not be, the man is a clown.  A rude, arrogant clown who deserves to have his testicles stapled to his forehead.  And I speak from experience.  Not of having my testicles stapled to my forehead but of the aforementioned Mr Jackman.

The Prestige is a brilliant film though.
Haha. I've never met the bloke, so couldn't comment.

"The Prestige" is brilliant. Seen it 3 times now and it's gets better each time.

Have you seen "The Fountain"? Aronofsky is not everyone's cup of tea, I think he's great, and The Fountain does polarise opinion, but I absolutely loved it (the beautifully amazingly talented Rachel Weisz's performance had a lot to do with it) even the though the ending was a little bit overwhelming.

STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:01 pm

he comes across a nice bloke in interviews . seem decent bloke . very talented and in a very very heterosexual way i would love to have a body like his

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:38 pm

STC wrote:
Have you seen "The Fountain"? Aronofsky is not everyone's cup of tea, I think he's great, and The Fountain does polarise opinion, but I absolutely loved it (the beautifully amazingly talented Rachel Weisz's performance had a lot to do with it) even the though the ending was a little bit overwhelming.
I haven't seen it mate but I will stick it on the list.  I have heard of it but not seen it so on your recommendation I will give it a go.  

Rachel Weisz is great.  Her and Daniel Craig recently bought a house in the village next door to us, true story.  It was the most exciting thing to happen round here since one of the farmers got arrested for growing cannabis in his barn.  Haven't seen the famous couple yet. I was hoping to pop round and borrow a cup of sugar and then go though Rachel Wiesz's underwear drawer if I got the chance.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:40 pm

Think your creepy Rachel Wiesz fantasies will be less disturbing than your anti Jackman rants

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:42 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Think your creepy Rachel Wiesz fantasies will be less disturbing than your anti Jackman rants
Says the guy who has a 'favourite' serial killer....

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:43 pm

Jackman hasn't shag.ed Wiesz, has he? This mighr explain it Very Happy 
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:58 pm

Stella wrote:Jackman hasn't shag.ed Wiesz, has he? This mighr explain it Very Happy 
He better bloody not of, Stella.

I don't care how buff he is, I will hurt him.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Fri 16 Aug 2013, 1:54 pm

STC wrote:
I haven't seen it mate but I will stick it on the list.  I have heard of it but not seen it so on your recommendation I will give it a go.  

Rachel Weisz is great.  Her and Daniel Craig recently bought a house in the village next door to us, true story.  It was the most exciting thing to happen round here since one of the farmers got arrested for growing cannabis in his barn.  Haven't seen the famous couple yet. I was hoping to pop round and borrow a cup of sugar and then go though Rachel Wiesz's underwear drawer if I got the chance.
wasn't they in a film together recently about moving to a big house but turns out Daniel is a complete looney but not as looney as his next door neighbour

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Aug 2013, 1:56 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Think your creepy Rachel Wiesz fantasies will be less disturbing than your anti Jackman rants
Says the guy who has a 'favourite' serial killer....
This is why I'm well qualified to be critical of you!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 16 Aug 2013, 2:11 pm

jimmyinthewell68 wrote:
STC wrote:

wasn't they in a film together recently  about moving to a big house but turns out Daniel is a complete looney but not as looney as his next door neighbour
If it the house I think it is, he doesn't have neighbours. Unless you include acres of land as a neighbour. It ain't a small place, I can assure you of that! Gives me lots of places to hide though whilst I try and get into her underwear drawer.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Fri 16 Aug 2013, 2:51 pm

jimmyinthewell68 wrote:
STC wrote:

wasn't they in a film together recently  about moving to a big house but turns out Daniel is a complete looney but not as looney as his next door neighbour
If it the house I think it is, he doesn't have neighbours.  Unless you include acres of land as a neighbour.  It ain't a small place, I can assure you of that!  Gives me lots of places to hide though whilst I try and get into her underwear drawer.
well if you manage to get any of her knickers i ll buy some off you . clean or otherwise just remembered what the film called dreamhouse . good film enjoyed it . think that's how they met and married

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 16 Aug 2013, 4:14 pm

All Tino does these days is boast about all his new celebratory neighbours.

Craig/Weisz in his country estate, Wlad K in his summer holiday villa......

#youvechanged

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 16 Aug 2013, 4:17 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:All Tino does these days is boast about all his new celebratory neighbours.

#youvechanged
Neither of them are strictly neighbours but I don't like to get bogged down in details.

#pleasedon'teverusehashtagswhentalkingtomeorImaybeforcedtosetlumberingjackonyou

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 16 Aug 2013, 4:22 pm

#ok

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 16 Aug 2013, 4:26 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:All Tino does these days is boast about all his new celebratory neighbours.

#youvechanged
Neither of them are strictly neighbours but I don't like to get bogged down in details.

#pleasedon'teverusehashtagswhentalkingtomeorImaybeforcedtosetlumberingjackonyou
Tino's neighbors in downtown Spain can be seen on crimewatch every month...Cool 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 16 Aug 2013, 10:50 pm

Tino is probably secretly a dotcom millionaire. Living in Villas with Wlad, Bond as his neighbour. Like they say in rap music. Mate you are big pimping now. Expect you tell us about the Abromovich accidentally docking his yacht where yours should be

hashtag Jealous
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 9:09 am

He's actually a hedge fund magnate....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 19 Aug 2013, 9:41 am

Can I just clear something up here.

Wladimir Klitschko owns a property on the same urbanisation as me.  It is streets away and he is definitely not my next door neighbour.  And his place is massive, mine isn't.

As for the Bond family, they bought somewhere in the next village.  The next bloody village, not next door to me.

Here is the story.  
The name is Bond:

#stopbeingsomischievousTopHat

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 9:53 am

Laugh 

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by jbeadlesbigrighthand Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:04 am

Mike Selig wrote:I always thought Keanu Reeves was perfectly cast in the Matrix. But Jonathon Harker, perhaps less so... I thought he was good in A Scanner Darkly, possibly because it was made into animation after shooting...
Keane Reeves was also perfectly cast in the Bill and Ted films. Essentially, if the role involves playing a moron or a wooden board, Keanu's your man. If it involves playing a three-dimensional character, he's liable to drown. That said, I can see why the guy has a career. He may not be the best actor, but he's a handsome man. Nicholas Cage, on the other hand, can't act, is weird looking, and I'm fairly certain would never have had a career as an actor were his surname not Coppola. Nepotism at its finest.

I'd also nominate Steven Seagal. Squinting isn't acting. While it's true that no action star can act, at least with some of the others you can see how their career got started. Stallone wrote Rocky and insisted on starring, Schwarzenegger drove interest because of his background. Seagal though? Can anyone explain that?

jbeadlesbigrighthand

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:10 am

Wow, never knew Cage was part of the Coppola clan!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:15 am

jbeadlesbigrighthand wrote:I'd also nominate Steven Seagal. Squinting isn't acting. While it's true that no action star can act, at least with some of the others you can see how their career got started. Stallone wrote Rocky and insisted on starring, Schwarzenegger drove interest because of his background. Seagal though? Can anyone explain that?
Seagal doesn't realy solely on squinting, he's got a ponytail as well.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:17 am

I believe that Segal was the first non Asian to get to a certain level in Japan (like a 10th level black belt dan or something).

I believe, unlike Van Damme et all, that he is the real deal (or was)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:20 am

Adam D wrote:I believe that Segal was the first non Asian to get to a certain level in Japan (like a 10th level black belt dan or something).

The Japanese had to invent a new colour belt for Wingrove.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:28 am

The rumour with Seagal is he used to teach a big time Hollywood producer some sort of martial arts and the producer decided to make him into a film star solely to prove he could make any nobody into a star. Not sure if this is true or not but would go some way to explain Steven’s almost staggering inability to act.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:36 am

Rowley wrote:The rumour with Seagal is he used to teach a big time Hollywood producer some sort of martial arts and the producer decided to make him into a film star solely to prove he could make any nobody into a star. Not sure if this is true or not but would go some way to explain Steven’s almost staggering inability to act.
I heard something similar, but I heard he slept with Martin Scorsese, nothing to do with martial arts.

Could be wrong though. It came from some guy called Alan who catches the train with my cousin Benedict.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:42 am

A 7th-dan black belt in Aikido, Seagal began his adult life as an Aikido instructor in Japan.[3] He became the first foreigner to operate an Aikido dojo in Japan
In 1987, Seagal began work on his first film, Above the Law (titled Nico in Europe), with director Andrew Davis and reportedly as a favor to a former aikido student, the agent Michael Ovitz.[14] Ovitz took Seagal to Warner Brothers to put on an aikido demonstration and the executives were impressed by him and offered him several scripts; Seagal turned them down but agreed to write what would become Above the Law.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:46 am

Rowley wrote:The rumour with Seagal is he used to teach a big time Hollywood producer some sort of martial arts and the producer decided to make him into a film star solely to prove he could make any nobody into a star. Not sure if this is true or not but would go some way to explain Steven’s almost staggering inability to act.
I heard something similar, but I heard he slept with Martin Scorsese, nothing to do with martial arts.

Could be wrong though.  It came from some guy called Alan who catches the train with my cousin Benedict.
What with recent postings on Wlad and Craig, this isn't Cumberpatch is it??

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 19 Aug 2013, 12:53 pm

bhb001 wrote:

Could be wrong though.  It came from some guy called Alan who catches the train with my cousin Benedict.
Come on now, bhb. You and I are both from the North West. Do you really think I have a cousin called Benedict!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 19 Aug 2013, 1:12 pm

The thing with Seagal, is that he isnt even adept at a showy martial art. His films comprise of a middle-aged guy with a ponytail touching men in the mid-riff before flicking them into walls.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by jbeadlesbigrighthand Mon 19 Aug 2013, 1:36 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Wow, never knew Cage was part of the Coppola clan!!
Oh yeah! He changed his name so that people wouldn't think he was a beneficiary of nepotism. Of course, if that was his objective, he should have learned to act.

jbeadlesbigrighthand

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 3:15 pm

bhb001 wrote:

Come on now, bhb.  You and I are both from the North West.  Do you really think I have a cousin called Benedict!
It was a little tongue in cheek, Tino, but I am not in great form either today!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 19 Aug 2013, 3:18 pm

bhb001 wrote:
It was a little tongue in cheek, Tino, but I am not in great form either today!!
I guessed you might be a little tired and emotional by your 'Nigel' comment on the Cleverly thread!

I can't imagine having a quick half in The Salter with anyone called Benedict!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 3:26 pm

bhb001 wrote:
I guessed you might be a little tired and emotional by your 'Nigel' comment on the Cleverly thread!

There were many a strange person who went in there back in the day (pulled down now)!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 19 Aug 2013, 3:29 pm

bhb001 wrote:
bhb001 wrote:

There were many a strange person who went in there back in the day (pulled down now)!!
I heard it was shut down but has it actually gone now? What is in its place?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 3:31 pm

bhb001 wrote:
bhb001 wrote:

I heard it was shut down but has it actually gone now?  What is in its place?

It's houses now. Modern with no garden, which puts them at odds with everything else in the area. Must have been pulled down 17 or 18 years ago at least.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2