The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England players urinate on Oval Pitch

+11
No 7&1/2
skyeman
Stella
Corporalhumblebucket
CaledonianCraig
trebellbobaggins
Good Golly I'm Olly
Duty281
Hoggy_Bear
alfie
KP_fan
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

England players urinate on Oval Pitch Empty England players urinate on Oval Pitch

Post by KP_fan Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:05 am

By doing thus his team mates dedicated this to Monty Smile

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/england-players-urinate-on-the-oval-20130826-2sl43.html

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/cricket/england-players-urinate-on-the-oval-20130826-2sl43.html

SYDNEY: In an embarrassing display about five hours after the last Ashes Test was stopped due to bad light with England close to victory, the players gathered near the Oval pitch and urinated on it in turns to the cheers of their teammates.

According to news.com.au, while the centre of the ground was quite dark, lights were on in the grandstands with dozens of people still cleaning up after a late finish, which saw the game go beyond usual time.

A number of players including Stuart Broad, Kevin Pietersen and James Anderson are said to be involved in the act, the report said.

Curator Cam Sutherland said that it was not a good look and called it unfortunate.
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

England players urinate on Oval Pitch Empty Re: England players urinate on Oval Pitch

Post by KP_fan Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:17 pm

From Cricinfo more details emerging...
will they all be "also" droppeed from the Ashes squad on account of bad behaviour as per the recent precedence Cool 

England's late-night antics bring Morris headache

David Hopps

August 26, 2013

Teams: England

Officialdom beamed down on England after their third successive Ashes victory but the ECB hierarchy might feel obliged to take a more dim view of an alleged late-night celebration which ended with them urinating on The Oval pitch on which they had completed their triumph only hours before.

Hugh Morris, the managing director of England cricket, has had matters of rather more import to deal with, but it will invite a troubled shrug nonetheless on a day when it has been confirmed that he is resigning to take up the vacant chief executive's role at Glamorgan.

It will be dismissed as a supreme irrelevance by many - it is quite a trek from the Oval square to the nearest toilets - but it is bound to be viewed as distasteful in other quarters and presented as an example of the laddish culture which pervades English society.

Australian cricket journalists were still at The Oval, completing dead-of-night tour pieces when they reported seeing several England players take it turns to relieve themselves on the pitch. It is not known how much they relieved themselves but reportedly there was more than enough to fill an Ashes urn.

It was enough for Ben Horne of AAP to term it a "distasteful finale" and report that "cleaning staff and other game day workers were still present at the ground."

Malcolm Conn, chief cricket writer for News Limited, described the ground as "quite dark" and said that players were "gathered near the pitch celebrating and yahooing".

England's celebrations had begun in a more carefully choreographed manner, with the obligatory fireworks and champagne at the awards ceremony and players holding their children in their arms as they strolled around the outfield shaking hands with the crowd.

They then returned to the dressing room with a quiet celebration with their families before the players themselves moved to the centre of the Oval to continue what their captain, Alastair Cook, had described as a deserved few beers.

Uninhibited post-series celebrations are regarded as part and parcel of professional team sport in England, a final restatement of team morale and a final release from the strict professionalism, with few opportunities for downtime, which is now the lot of an England cricketer.

But judging by reports from Australian journalists, who arguably represent more dangerous opponents to England than their team, England's players, who are well practiced in zipping up their mouths in an era of cautious media comments, may now have to receive training in zipping up their trousers.

Morris' first task will be to ascertain whether England's behaviour carried any deeper significance other than the urge to relieve themselves. Certainly England's weak bladders provided final justification for all those toilet breaks, but were there other more worrying explanations?

Was it an indication of what England's players think of the dry surfaces on which they have won the Ashes series - surfaces which suited them but which often demanded laborious cricket? Australians scoffed that this was the first watering England's Test pitches had had for months.

Were they paying homage in a strange fashion to the antics of Monty Panesar, whose place in England's Ashes squad for the return series is in jeopardy because he urinated from on high on a Brighton nightclub bouncer?

Or were they simply marking out their territory after dismissing Australia 3-0 in the five-Test series? It is common in cats, especially male cats. Neutering is often proposed as a solution.
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

England players urinate on Oval Pitch Empty Re: England players urinate on Oval Pitch

Post by alfie Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:28 pm

Couple of chaps had a discreet slash in the middle of a big cricket ground some time after midnight during a drinking celebration ...

STOP THE PRESSES !!!!

Some Aussie journos are clearly finding a third Ashes loss in a row hard to take Very Happy 

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoggy_Bear Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:33 pm

Strange that, so far at least, it appears that non of the workers who were still around saw the incident.
Or maybe they did and just thought "So what".

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:07 pm

Why is this even a story? And a made-up story (probably) at that.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:33 pm

if it is made up....it woudn't be so widely reported......CI like sites do their due dilligence befor publishing

but if it is real.....are people here ready to overlook it / pardon it / or brush under the carpet.
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoggy_Bear Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:39 pm

KP_fan wrote:if it is made up....it woudn't be so widely reported......CI like sites do their due dilligence befor publishing

but if it is real.....are people here ready to overlook it / pardon it / or brush under the carpet.
Cricinfo have no idea whether it's true or not, they're simply running the story as reported in the Aussie press, as are all the British papers.

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:44 pm

KP_fan wrote:if it is made up....it woudn't be so widely reported......CI like sites do their due dilligence befor publishing

If it is real, and I doubt that, then I'm still confused as to what all the fuss is about?

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:50 pm

I'd highly doubt it is true, and if it is, I can't say I'm really fussed. It's not like drunk people don't do stupid things from time to time
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:43 pm

Having a pee on the grass isn't quite the same as Wee weeing on someones toes.

the aussie press are bitter as hell at the moment it seems.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:13 pm

Curious don't you think that it happened to be three players the Aussies would love to have eradicated from the next Ashes series. Anderson is one of the best seam bowlers in the world at the mo, Broad (well we know from Lehmann what lengths the Aussies will go to in an attempt to rile him) and Kevin Pietersen one of the most devastating batsmen in the world at present. Hmm smacks of trying to make something out of nothing by desperate Aussie press.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:30 pm

there is no smoke without fire........
no denial from ECB...investigation on is what sources is reporting...

if found true there will be suspensions.

is Eng playing any ODI / T20 type cricket before the next test....so if there are any suspensions the ODIs might be used to play out the suspensions ?
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:41 pm

Hmm not even the faintest sniff of urine about this on Sky:-

http://www1.skysports.com/cricket/

Or on BBC:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/

Are you taking the p*** KP Fan? laughing 
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:46 pm

By Nick Hoult
12:13PM BST 26 Aug 2013

Officials at the Oval are furious with the England team and believe it was disrespectful to the groundstaff who worked hard to provide the dry, turning pitch demanded by Andy Flower. They have contacted the ECB to inform them of what their staff at the ground witnessed and are waiting for the result of the board’s investigation.

We are very disappointed,” said Richard Gould, Surrey chief executive. “Nobody wants to put the mockers on any England celebration but that will be viewed by many people and by us as an irresponsible thing to have done. Knockabout stuff is one thing. But it is a very silly thing to do on a pitch at the Oval where there is so much heritage and history.

“I have spoken to the ECB let them know what we are aware of we will let them investigate further from within

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/international/england/10266131/Ashes-2013-ECB-urged-to-examine-claims-England-urinated-on-Oval-pitch.html

on what a side note now.......the underlined is the first time a ground offcial is openly stating Flower "demanded"
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:49 pm

Obviously then, this story is not deemed newsworthy enough by two of this country's biggest news bureaus - Sky and BBC. Says it all. Storm in a teacup.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:52 pm

If it was really newsworthy, I'm sure Aggers would've written an article about how this is ruining the game or something already
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:57 pm

Olly wrote:If it was really newsworthy, I'm sure Aggers would've written an article about how this is ruining the game or something already
Also surely Warney would be demanding England be disqualified and the Aussies handed the urn.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:58 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:Obviously then, this story is not deemed newsworthy enough by two of this country's biggest news bureaus - Sky and BBC. Says it all. Storm in a teacup.
first it was an all rumour .......because only aussie journos were "creating" rumours and only foreign newspapers wer carrying this.

NOW an Oval ground offical Surrey Chief Exceutive has confirmed that his groundstaff "saw it".
and have formally informed media that matter reportd to ECB and investigation urged.

some can still remain in denial and ..........try to brush it off light heartedly....
But I doubt if it can be brushed under now by ECB even if they were hoping they could........it's already snow-balling
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:01 pm

Mark my words KP you are jizzing (see dicktionary) over nothing. At best there will be fines and slapped wrists but that is your whack.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:05 pm

and apparently Eng's sport minsiter is also asking for an investigation...

Hugh Robertson, the Sports Minister, this morning put pressure on the ECB to investigate the incident saying "If it happened, it's not good behaviour". Andy Flower, the team director, declined to comment on the incident on Monday morning.
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:07 pm

DRUNK PEOPLE IN DOING SOMETHING MILDLY SILLY SHOCKER
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:09 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:Mark my words KP you are jizzing (see dicktionary) over nothing. At best there will be fines and slapped wrists but that is your whack.
that's what it should be .......a little  monetary fine...

but you know.... just like Papa Broad's high moral horse spirit of cricket 2 match ban on Ramadin a.....just a few weeks before......had set a precedence and made life miserable for son Broad in the Cheating-gate.

Similarly Monty's Urine-gate leading to his suspension from the ashes squad a week back..... has set a precedence here....

NOW ECB will have to either meet the precedence......OR more likely try very hard to invent justification on how that urination was diffrent from this urination laughing 

More masala entertainment for the media:roll: 
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:13 pm

That urination was in a public place and on bouncers apparently. This 'supposed' urination was at midnight in the pitch dark on a cricket pitch. There is the difference.

As for the Broad thing - let it drop eh? I saw at least two Aussies also fail to walk when gloving the ball and were discovered by that wonderful DRS so are they not just as much cheats for not walking?
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:17 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:That urination was in a public place and on bouncers apparently. This 'supposed' urination was at midnight in the pitch dark on a cricket pitch. There is the difference.

As for the Broad thing - let it drop eh? I saw at least two Aussies also fail to walk when gloving the ball and were discovered by that wonderful DRS so are they not just as much cheats for not walking?
one half of the media and fans in England will build pressure..comparing this to Monty Urination
OTHER half will create justifications just like you....

to me it's just entertianment to see how one half of people and media in UK will now snowball this
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:19 pm

You really think one hundred perecent of people give a monkeys about cricket KP?

90% of people will neither know nor care.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:21 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:That urination was in a public place and on bouncers apparently. This 'supposed' urination was at midnight in the pitch dark on a cricket pitch. There is the difference.

let me play devil's advocate

that was in private life

this was in work place

that was like getting a speeding ticket in your private car private time........this is like slapping your boss in work place

that was a pub/ bar.....a place where people drink and brawl....this is OVAL.....a cricketing shrine next to only Lords...

given all the above...that was a minor midemenour.....this is BLASPHEMY of Rushdisque proportions Wink
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:22 pm

trebellbobaggins wrote:You really think one hundred perecent of people give a monkeys about cricket KP?

90% of people will neither know nor care.
I don't know...I hope you are right...and this blows away with a minor fine.

can't image Eng in first two tests without "those five" Shocked 
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:29 pm

KP_fan wrote:

let me play devil's advocate

that was in private life

this was in work place

that was like getting a speeding ticket in your private car private time........this is like slapping your boss in work place

that was a pub/ bar.....a place where people drink and brawl....this is OVAL.....a cricketing shrine next to only Lords...

given all the above...that was a minor midemenour.....this is BLASPHEMY of Rushdisque proportions Wink
You are missing one key fact Parnesar urinated on human beings whereas the other instance was seemingly in private on or by the pitch. Anyway this has run its course as you are desperate to make a mountain out of this molehill. Can we bookmark this please - no more than fines will be handed out. Sorry KP Fan I hate to break your heart and shatter your dreams here but that is all that will and should happen.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:34 pm

^ I don't want all that to happen...i stated I am simply playing devil's advocate...
and adopting the pitch that the insinuator's lobby will on this issue
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:37 pm

KP_fan wrote:^ I don't want all that to happen...i stated I am simply playing devil's advocate...
Well reading your largely anti-England stance on this forum I find that hard to believe. Sorry but that is how you come across.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:54 pm

No need for this to be brushed under the carpet. It's long since soaked in.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:58 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:
KP_fan wrote:^ I don't want all that to happen...i stated I am simply playing devil's advocate...
Well reading your largely anti-England stance on this forum I find that hard to believe. Sorry but that is how you come across.
"critical of Eng " does not equate to anti-England
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoggy_Bear Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:58 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:No need for this to be  brushed under the carpet. It's long since soaked in.
Hopefully there'll be a bit of a green (more sort of yellow) tinge to the pitch for the next county game. Seamers might appreciate it.

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:59 pm

Hoggy_Bear wrote:
Corporalhumblebucket wrote:No need for this to be  brushed under the carpet. It's long since soaked in.
Hopefully there'll be a bit of a green (more sort of yellow) tinge to the pitch for the next county game. Seamers might appreciate it.
the next game bowlers should be careful of touching the ball and drawing saliva from the mouth with the same hand
Yuck
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoggy_Bear Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:00 pm

KP_fan wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:
Constantly trying to find any reason at all to be critical of England probably constitutes being anti-England though.

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:01 pm

Is KP fan, swammy?
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:07 pm

Hoggy_Bear wrote:
KP_fan wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:
Constantly trying to find any reason at all to be critical of England probably constitutes being anti-England though.
balance is the key......
criticism when and where due brings balance....... to the other wise heavily, some times blindly and in rare cases when my friend Duty is in form jingositically pro-England forum
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:55 pm

Stella wrote:Is KP fan, swammy?
I think he's Shane Warne actually. Laugh 

I've noticed he's never on here when Warne's in the commentary box. Maybe I'm on to something?

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:35 pm

Hoggy_Bear wrote:
Sadly, it will take more than a carefully positioned puddle of urine on a good length to rescue the Surrey season.  Sad

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:26 am

CaledonianCraig wrote:Mark my words KP you are jizzing (see dicktionary) over nothing. At best there will be fines and slapped wrists but that is your whack.

Simply fantastic.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:27 am

Love this one too, Well done CH.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:29 am

Come on guys, we know KP fan is taking the urine.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:34 am

Warne sees a loose half volley on the off stump and thumps it throuhg covers.....
The Urination scandal has given him anotehr chance to build implicit pressure on England

Shane Warne, who writes a column for The Telegraph in London, said: "When you play in a six to eight-week series of intense Ashes cricket you should always have a chance to let your hair down at the end.

"Unfortunately the way people are judged these days it's best to celebrate within the confines of the dressing room. Stay in there as long as you like, get as drunk as you like if that is what you want to do and enjoy your teammates and the moment.

"But to go and disrespect something as ancient as the Oval pitch in such an unnecessary and crass way is a pretty ordinary and arrogant thing to do. I wonder also if the opposition was mentioned too?"

An investigation has been launched and Surrey are likely to ask for an apology from the ECB for the incident which happened just before midnight on Sunday as the players celebrated their Ashes success.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/cricket/shane-warne-criticises-england-players-over--crass-and-arrogant-prank-20130827-2smyx.html#ixzz2d9WEoVCH

KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:16 am

Wow. Outrage. Last time our best all rounder met the PM trollied and now some players can't be arsed to walk to the toilet. I'm shocked. I'm actually crying with the disappointment. These men are heroes and they've tarnished it all. Oh well only another few months and they get to do it all over again down under.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:58 am

KP_fan wrote:Warne sees a loose half volley on the off stump and thumps it throuhg covers.....
The Urination scandal has given him anotehr chance to build implicit pressure on England

Shane Warne, who writes a column for The Telegraph in London, said: "When you play in a six to eight-week series of intense Ashes cricket you should always have a chance to let your hair down at the end.

"Unfortunately the way people are judged these days it's best to celebrate within the confines of the dressing room. Stay in there as long as you like, get as drunk as you like if that is what you want to do and enjoy your teammates and the moment.

"But to go and disrespect something as ancient as the Oval pitch in such an unnecessary and crass way is a pretty ordinary and arrogant thing to do. I wonder also if the opposition was mentioned too?"

An investigation has been launched and Surrey are likely to ask for an apology from the ECB for the incident which happened just before midnight on Sunday as the players celebrated their Ashes success.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/cricket/shane-warne-criticises-england-players-over--crass-and-arrogant-prank-20130827-2smyx.html#ixzz2d9WEoVCH

Of course Warne never did anything unnecessary or crass during his playing days. angel 

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:02 am

Indeed. Warne was a model of good taste and discretion. Never did anything uncouth!

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:10 am

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:Indeed. Warne was a model of good taste and discretion. Never did anything uncouth!
I remember vaguely some inflatable toys adventure of Warne's when he was playing for an english county......was that Hampshire?
But all that's besides the point.....it is so much easier....to sit outsdie the situation in a high commentary box as a pundit and shoot bullets at others who are still in the game.

Not that Warne won't undertsand that.....he uses his high ground to keep shooting bullets

KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:28 pm

KP_fan wrote:
Corporalhumblebucket wrote:Indeed. Warne was a model of good taste and discretion. Never did anything uncouth!
Not that Warne won't undertsand that.....he uses his high ground to keep shooting bullets

True, but its for these kind of reasons you mentioned, I take what Warne et al say with a pinch of salt.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:35 pm

swann confirms they urinated....now why does he need to go to press and confirm without checking with ECB.

Quoted in the Sun, England spinner Swann said: 'We did go out to the middle of the pitch, all the lads, drinking beers, singing a few songs and enjoying each other's company.
'I think the call of nature might have come once or twice but it was nothing untoward.
'It was midnight, a private celebration in the middle of the pitch and the ground was dark.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-2402613/Ashes-Graeme-Swann-hints-England-players-urinated-Oval-pitch-celebrations.html#ixzz2dCCuHRAr
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:38 pm

Have they hurt anyone or anything? No.
Have they disrespected anything sacred? No.

Case closed, and move on.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next