The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

606 Rivalries

+26
Strongback
spencerclarke
J.Benson II
TRUSSMAN66
Rodney
The Terror of Tylorstown
owen10ozzy
Herman Jaeger
John Bloody Wayne
paperbag_puncher
Seanusarrilius
huw
Soldier_Of_Fortune
milkyboy
seanmichaels
TopHat24/7
STC
Mind the windows Tino.
Lumbering_Jack
Rowley
88Chris05
ONETWOFOREVER
hampo17
mobilemaster8
bhb001
JabMachineMK2
30 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

606 Rivalries Empty 606 Rivalries

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 05 Sep 2013, 10:03 am

Just a bit of fun (any arguments break out and mods should close the topic)

Just wondered who your favorite rivalries have been with and who notable pairings have been?

I've enjoyed my banter with Truss the most I think - and seeing some of the older posts I think Az vs Everyone has always been funny to see.

Yours?

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

606 Rivalries Empty Re: 606 Rivalries

Post by bhb001 Thu 05 Sep 2013, 10:05 am

I miss Winchester. There again, I liked acne

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 05 Sep 2013, 10:09 am

Winchester!! Haha! Where is he?!

Also miss Azania, no idea where he has gone really, his views on Tyson and Price were ridiculous.

Also love Trussmans posts, always fun.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 05 Sep 2013, 10:13 am

Az, D4, Truss, Winchester on boring days the arguments they'd get in to where great fun.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 05 Sep 2013, 10:15 am

Remember my mentor and guide Julius_venivedivici against EVERYONE and the resident Calslappy fan club.

TRUSS v fightnews was always enjoyable. TRUSS by TKO

ONETWO v Knowsit17 was always a bloody affair

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 05 Sep 2013, 10:16 am

The rivalry between Coxy and Scottrf was pretty heated at times, although given that Scott used to get the better of Coxy just about every time maybe 'rivalry' isn't the best word to use!

Truss' rivalry with Dave was always the standout, although Dave is now having to fend off serious competition from TopHat for the title of being Truss' 606 nemesis.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 05 Sep 2013, 10:23 am

Coxy vs D4 was always fun. Coxy used to think he had the upper hand but don’t believe a word of it D4 had him on a string.

Ceej vs STC could always entertain, although am not too sure STC would agree.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu 05 Sep 2013, 10:31 am

Coxy was hilarious. I think a number of posters had him on the verge of a meltdown.

Wonder how Geoff is getting on these days.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 05 Sep 2013, 10:32 am

Coxy was hopeless. Would just resort to losing his rag and having a tantrum every time someone got the better of him. Although he did call me a "little stalkerish w*anker" which is both accurate and amusing.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Thu 05 Sep 2013, 10:33 am

Rowley wrote:Ceej vs STC could always entertain, although am not too sure STC would agree.
You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little ****ed up maybe, but we were entertaining how, I mean entertaining like we were clowns, we amused you? We made you laugh, We're here to ****in' amuse you? What do you mean entertaining, entertaining how? How were we entertaining?
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 05 Sep 2013, 10:34 am

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Coxy was hilarious. I think a number of posters had him on the verge of a meltdown.

I think it was me that tipped him over the edge. He came back as Vulva Equinox but that didn't last long either.

Great 'athlete' though. Century maker, scratch golfer, website design guru. Left a trail of broken hearts behind as well.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 05 Sep 2013, 10:38 am

88Chris05 wrote:Truss' rivalry with Dave was always the standout, although Dave is now having to fend off serious competition from TopHat for the title of being Truss' 606 nemesis.
Haha yeh, Truss is definitely my favourite to debate with. Mainly because he's a very generous counter-party, he always gives you something or leaves himself open in some way so that, despite having vastly inferior boxing knowledge, I can drag an argument out for pages.

Not exactly a rivalry, but I always thought Gentleman01 is/was always a brilliantly challenging person to debate with.

The Gordys/Winchesters were often mildly entertaining, but it sometimes felt like they needed their wings clipping more often. Gordy in particular as he was a decent sane rational poster on other boards (e.g. football) but a total bell on the boxing board.

Dave667 always seems to have some good rivalries brewing, and I miss Ghosty. And Steffan too who always made me laugh.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 05 Sep 2013, 10:39 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Coxy was hopeless.  Would just resort to losing his rag and having a tantrum every time someone got the better of him.  Although he did call me a "little stalkerish w*anker" which is both accurate and amusing.

Was it you that 'outed' him on his club's cricket website?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 05 Sep 2013, 10:39 am

Nasty people.......

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 05 Sep 2013, 10:40 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Coxy was hopeless.  Would just resort to losing his rag and having a tantrum every time someone got the better of him.  Although he did call me a "little stalkerish w*anker" which is both accurate and amusing.

Nope. I just guessed where he lived and someone else did the detective work.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 05 Sep 2013, 10:41 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Nope.  I just guessed where he lived and someone else did the detective work.
Whistle

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 05 Sep 2013, 10:42 am

STC wrote:
Rowley wrote:Ceej vs STC could always entertain, although am not too sure STC would agree.
You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little ****ed up maybe, but we were entertaining how, I mean entertaining like we were clowns, we amused you? We made you laugh, We're here to ****in' amuse you? What do you mean entertaining, entertaining how? How were we entertaining?
Yes, entertaining like clowns covers it perfectly.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 05 Sep 2013, 10:47 am

There is an argument to be made that if you don’t want people to know your real identify picking a user name that is basically your surname and then telling everyone pretty much the town you live in and what you do in your leisure time is perhaps inadvisable. In terms of detective work it hardly takes Sherlock Holmes at his most cunning to unpick that one.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 05 Sep 2013, 10:50 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:and I miss Ghosty.
Are you being serious? You do know he is still here, right?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 05 Sep 2013, 10:52 am

Rowley wrote:There is an argument to be made that if you don’t want people to know your real identify picking a user name that is basically your surname and then telling everyone pretty much the town you live in and what you do in your leisure time is perhaps inadvisable. In terms of detective work it hardly takes Sherlock Holmes at his most cunning to unpick that one.
Didn't he do 20 questions with Coxy or something similar? I asked him if one of his teammates (named) was the best player he'd played with and he went mental. pm's as well. Tickled me.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 05 Sep 2013, 10:53 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:and I miss Ghosty.
Are you being serious?  You do know he is still here, right?
Not enough though, IMO....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu 05 Sep 2013, 10:54 am

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Coxy was hilarious. I think a number of posters had him on the verge of a meltdown.

I think it was me that tipped him over the edge.  He came back as Vulva Equinox but that didn't last long either.

Great 'athlete' though.  Century maker, scratch golfer, website design guru.  Left a trail of broken hearts behind as well.
He certainly was an 'athlete'.

I told him that website design was for those who couldn't get a proper career in IT, to say it upset him is putting it mildly.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Thu 05 Sep 2013, 10:56 am

Rowley wrote:
STC wrote:
Yes, entertaining like clowns covers it perfectly.
Haha. Fair one.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 05 Sep 2013, 10:58 am

Lumbering_Jack wrote:

I think it was me that tipped him over the edge.  He came back as Vulva Equinox but that didn't last long either.

Great 'athlete' though.  Century maker, scratch golfer, website design guru.  Left a trail of broken hearts behind as well.
He certainly was an 'athlete'.

I told him that website design was for those who couldn't get a proper career in IT, to say it upset him is putting it mildly.
Coxy got upset about everything.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 05 Sep 2013, 11:00 am

https://twitter.com/coxchat

Must admit D4 vs Coxy was amazing to watch, D4 isn't a troll, he doesn't know he's doing it but his blind ability to make one man rage was just incredible.

I think I'd say it'd be enjoyable debating with some people but generally if I see certain names like Captain, Chris etc I end up just shutting my mouth and reading.

Isn't Ghosty Terror of Tylorstown? They're very similar in opinion and methodology.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 05 Sep 2013, 11:00 am

In Coxy's defence his opinions on Roy Jones were always fairly even handed.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 05 Sep 2013, 11:02 am

Rowley wrote:In Coxy's defence his opinions on Roy Jones were always fairly even handed.
I'd say 'consistent' might me more appropriate, Jeff. As in, consistently a load of cobblers.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 05 Sep 2013, 11:02 am

You forgot economics expert non pareil.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 05 Sep 2013, 11:04 am

Rowley wrote:

Yeah, I dearly miss his thoughts on how to get the world out of economic trouble.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 05 Sep 2013, 11:05 am

Rowley wrote:

sans pareil

actually you are correct rowley - it is non pareil. I'll hang my head in shame.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 05 Sep 2013, 11:12 am

Don't worry about it Sean. I had no idea, nicked the wording from the original Jack Dempsey's nickname. Gets us round accusations the thread is not about boxing.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 05 Sep 2013, 11:16 am

On the subject of rivalries this thread is in the boxing vault and shows our spiritual father and much missed Windy in full flight on the subject of Jack Dempsey. The old boy certainly knew his stuff.

https://www.606v2.com/t11575-1963-article-by-jack-dempsey

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 05 Sep 2013, 11:21 am

All very interesting stuff and then....

John Bloody Wayne wrote: D!ckhead! Gay Cat head!
Laugh 

Gotta love JBW.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 05 Sep 2013, 11:23 am

I missed that Tina. To be honest Windy spent an age cleaning that thread up before he put it in the vault as originally there were about 50 comments from Gordy saying Dempsey did not fight black fighters he is rubbish. Guess he did not do quite as good a job as he would have hoped.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 05 Sep 2013, 11:24 am

Does 'rivalry' not oversell it a little? Would 'sad endless bickering between deluded ego's whose stubborn repetitive natures and lack of social acclimatisation, leaves them imprisoned in the virtual world... being clearly devoid of the skill set required to converse in the real one' not be a more accurate description?

Though i did get in a few myself back in the early days whenever leonard hagler cropped up. Whistle

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 05 Sep 2013, 11:28 am

milkyboy wrote:Does 'rivalry' not oversell it a little? Would 'sad endless bickering between deluded ego's whose stubborn repetitive natures and lack of social acclimatisation, leaves them imprisoned in the virtual world... being clearly devoid of the skill set required to converse in the real one' not be a more accurate description?

Killjoy

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 05 Sep 2013, 11:35 am

Hahaha there has been some good banter on here over years. Some take it better then others.

Steffany doesnt like me too much I dont think Sad 

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 05 Sep 2013, 11:38 am

Lumbering against Mackem always had the potential to get a bit heated, particularly if Lumbering felt like making his disdain for Mackem's notorious old 'drunken' threads known.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 05 Sep 2013, 11:40 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Hahaha there has been some good banter on here over years. Some take it better then others.

You hold a place in my heart SoF. You were the first person to openly question whether the Jabmeister was on the level with his Kell Brook exploits.

Pretty much everyone else fell for it straight away.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 05 Sep 2013, 11:42 am

88Chris05 wrote:Lumbering against Mackem always had the potential to get a bit heated, particularly if Lumbering felt like making his disdain for Mackem's notorious old 'drunken' threads known.
Mackem lost the high ground with Jack the minute he A) offered him out for a fight and B) said they should swap house pictures as Mackem's would be bigger.

Made himself look like a knob from then on.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 05 Sep 2013, 11:43 am

You know you're in dire straits when you're conceding the moral high ground to Lumbering!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 05 Sep 2013, 11:55 am

You're right, SoF smelled the old scent of the bull from a fair distance.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 05 Sep 2013, 11:57 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Hahaha there has been some good banter on here over years. Some take it better then others.

You hold a place in my heart SoF.  You were the first person to openly question whether the Jabmeister was on the level with his Kell Brook exploits.

Hahaha cheers Tina thumbsup Brings back some memories when he was finally rumbled! Took it like a man though Jabby! No hard feelings.

I think I was the first person to call you Tina in the Strictly Come Dancing thread aswell but dont hold that against me! censored

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 05 Sep 2013, 12:00 pm

what happened to mackem... did he retire himself after another midnight drunken rampage... or was he 'retired'

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 05 Sep 2013, 12:00 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:

You hold a place in my heart SoF.  You were the first person to openly question whether the Jabmeister was on the level with his Kell Brook exploits.

Hahaha cheers Tina thumbsup Brings back some memories when he was finally rumbled! Took it like a man though Jabby! No hard feelings.

I think I was the first person to call you Tina in the Strictly Come Dancing thread aswell but dont hold that against me! censored
Yeah, he took/still takes his blows but at least he was honest in the end.

It certainly was you who started the Tina business! Then Scotty and Jeff latched on to it and it has stuck ever since!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 05 Sep 2013, 12:03 pm

milkyboy wrote:what happened to mackem... did he retire himself after another midnight drunken rampage... or was he 'retired'
He asked to be banned, I think, as he knew he couldn't 'control himself' after a few too many special brews.

Pity, I thought he was great when sober.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 05 Sep 2013, 12:08 pm

None taken, as Tina says I do still get the odd jibe which is all fine and dandy - it can be quite funny, JBW roasted me in the other thread which had me howling with laughter. The issue I have is when people are losing debates and throw that in. I'm aware its an admission of defeat given they can't get to me any other way, but still.

Have to admit, there was a lot of fantastic banter in Paperbags threads....what was that called? That quiz thing?

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 05 Sep 2013, 12:08 pm

Asked to be banned, there's a new one. He got some flak for his drunken outbursts, but frankly if you just ignored anything he posted on a weekend evening he was a good poster. A few got a bit precious with him over nothing i thought.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 05 Sep 2013, 12:08 pm

Yeah, he took/still takes his blows but at least he was honest in the end.

It certainly was you who started the Tina business!  Then Scotty and Jeff latched on to it and it has stuck ever since!
Hahaha shows you how far the forum has come since 606 actually closed. We used to reminisce about the old place, now were reminiscing about old topics on here. Time Flies!!

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 05 Sep 2013, 12:09 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:

None taken, as Tina says I do still get the odd jibe which is all fine and dandy - it can be quite funny, JBW roasted me in the other thread which had me howling with laughter. The issue I have is when people are losing debates and throw that in. I'm aware its an admission of defeat given they can't get to me any other way, but still.

Have to admit, there was a lot of fantastic banter in Paperbags threads....what was that called? That quiz thing?
SHEEP

The 'Cups' are basically a poor man's version....

Last edited by TopHat24/7 on Thu 05 Sep 2013, 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next