The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AM and the Arctic Monkeys

3 posters

Go down

AM and the Arctic Monkeys Empty AM and the Arctic Monkeys

Post by JDizzle Fri 06 Sep 2013, 10:36 pm

Just been listening to the new Arctic Monkeys album, AM, on Youtube and it is amazing. Personally it is my favourite album to date and I've been a fan of all their work. Favourite tunes from it are Snap Out Of It, Mad Sounds, Do I Wanna Know and of course R U Mine. But the whole album is great, not a bad song on there. They are certainly my favourite band operating at the moment and probably of the past decade as well.

I think Crimey mentioned on the snobbery thread that he felt that their first album wasn't the best, which is the widely held opinion, and I would agree there. Whilst it was the perfect album to burst them on to the scene I think some of the albums that have followed have been equally as good, if not better, due to the evolution they have gone through from chavvy Sheffield kids to properly cool artists.

For me, it goes AM > Whatever People Say > Suck it and See > Favourite Worst Nightmare > Humbug. So I was just wondering if anyone had heard the new album yet, what their views were on it and in generally how they view it in comparison to the other albums? Cheers.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

AM and the Arctic Monkeys Empty Re: AM and the Arctic Monkeys

Post by sodhat Tue 10 Sep 2013, 10:39 am

I've heard it and I'm still familiarising myself with it all. I like the stuff I've heard and stand out tracks aside from the singles are probably Arabella, One for the Road and No.1 Party Anthem.

It veers off into a slightly different sound than I was expecting, which isn't a bad thing. But from R U Mine and Do I Wanna Know I was expecting maybe a heavier sound than there is.

For me it goes:

Suck it and See
Humbug
Whatever People Say
Favourite Worst Nightmare

And we'll see in time where AM can fit in there....

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 10 Sep 2013, 10:47 am

Mate gave me a copy the other day. Have not listened it yet as I am in the process of trying to get into the Beatles and discover what everyone else sees in them that I am missing, but will give it a go on the back of the general good words it is garnering.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down