The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do we hate Female baddies more than Male baddies ??

+2
STC
TRUSSMAN66
6 posters

Go down

Why do we hate Female baddies more than Male baddies ?? Empty Why do we hate Female baddies more than Male baddies ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:54 am

Watched Collateral Damage the other night and just like in other films like Patriot games there is a Female villain...who though its a crud movie plays her part superbly....as in Patriot games..

Just like in Patriot games I wanted her to die viciously even more than the Central villain..........

Is it because Women are meant to be compassionate home-makers or more empathetic generally ???..........Does it affect us mentally seeing Women acting a s b****ds ?? Or is it a sexist thing ??...Are we just too sensitive as Men and seeing a woman villain makes us feel insecure ??

It was the same with your Myra Hindley..........Was she any worse than Brady ???.........To the media she was the devil incarnate..

Why do we hate women baddies more than Male ones ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Why do we hate Female baddies more than Male baddies ?? Empty Re: Why do we hate Female baddies more than Male baddies ??

Post by STC Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:55 am

Because we're a misogynist?
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Why do we hate Female baddies more than Male baddies ?? Empty Re: Why do we hate Female baddies more than Male baddies ??

Post by Guest Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:58 am

Yes TRUSSMAN, as STC says, I think "we're" a misogynist of the highest order. Also have to point out you comment re feeling insecure.

You clearly have a lot of issues, son, and I'm not sure this forum is the best place for you to try and sort them out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:16 am

I've wondered about why Hindley is hated so much more than Brady, might be something in what say about preconceived ideas of how people should behave.  It's a similar story with Thompson/Venables - the hatred directed to them in the media seems greater than towards adult killers of children such as Ian Huntley or Roy Whiting who would have been more calculated about what they were doing.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:29 am

DAVE667 wrote:Yes TRUSSMAN, as STC says, I think "we're" a misogynist of the highest order. Also have to point out you comment re feeling insecure.

You clearly have a lot of issues, son, and I'm not sure this forum is the best place for you to try and sort them out.
All opinions and advice are welcome..even yours

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:31 am

Galted wrote:I've wondered about why Hindley is hated so much more than Brady, might be something in what say about preconceived ideas of how people should behave.  It's a similar story with Thompson/Venables - the hatred directed to them in the media seems greater than towards adult killers of children such as Ian Huntley or Roy Whiting who would have been more calculated about what they were doing.
Think Women are regarded as compassionate, motherly types by general Society..........Please somebody tell my Wife that..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:32 am

If people do hate Hyndley more than Brady then it's only because she had more coverage in the tabloid media up until her death. Lots of people form their opinions of current affairs and people from what they read and see in tabloid media.

This is why most people are idiots. The fact that they are blissfully unaware of this means that tabloid media flourishes as it does.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:34 am

STC wrote:If people do hate Hyndley more than Brady then it's only because she had more coverage in the tabloid media up until her death. .
You can't quantify that statement..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:43 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
STC wrote:If people do hate Hyndley more than Brady then it's only because she had more coverage in the tabloid media up until her death. .
You can't quantify that statement..
I remember her being on the news a lot, helping the police searching for burial sites up on Saddleworth Moor. I remember her being in the tabloids for whatever reasons, lesbian affairs in prison, repeatedly appealing for her release, having supporters in high places, etc. She was on and in the news a lot. I hardly even remember Brady being mentioned. He kept himself to himself.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:47 am

You were making a statement of fact...You can't possibly back up........

She was vilified I imagine because it's abhorrent in most eyes that a woman could behave like she did..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:57 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You were making a statement of fact...You can't possibly back up........

She was vilified I imagine because it's abhorrent in most eyes that a woman could behave like she did..
It's an opinion. Not a statement of fact.

I think your opinion is also correct.

The fact remains, though, that as complicit as she was in the crimes, it was Brady who tortured and murdered the children. Therefore he should be considered more 'evil' than her, and 'hated' more than her. But he isn't.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:05 pm

[quote="STC"][quote="TRUSSMAN66"]
That's a statement....But I'll forgive you.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:37 pm

Thanks.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:32 am

all women are baddies . fact Very Happy 

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:15 pm

are we still talking about films here? i dont think we hate female baddies any more than male, most of my favourite baddies in films are male:

kevin bacons character in sleepers
Hannibal lecter
keyser soze

the first obviously garners a lot more hate than the other two who are simply great characters. but the only female baddie i can think of that i really hated was kathy bates character in misery

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:51 pm

Yes but you didn't hate Hannibal Lecter did you.........He was your favorite because he was charismatic and evil..

Not the same thing.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:58 pm

that's why i put bacons character out of sleepers on there, not particularly a favorite baddie of mine but certainly up there on the hate scale, as were the other male characters who worked in the boys detention centre

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:59 pm

Fair enough Mate..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:16 am

i didnt like Kathy bates in that film with the ankle break scene plus the nurse from one flew over the cuckoo nest

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:19 am

just remembered misery . hatred her in that furious furious 

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:43 am

I felt a bit sorry for her.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:09 pm

Stella wrote:I felt a bit sorry for her.
             even the bit when  she sledge hammers James caan ankles . .   Shocked Erm vomit

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:21 pm

cant say i ever felt sorry for the crazy wench!! the hobbling scene has to be one of the memorable/disgusting scene in film history!

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down