The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tuesday qualifiers

+31
alfie
MIG
CaledonianCraig
super_realist
Mat
monty junior
J.Benson II
Stella
Breadvan
Corporalhumblebucket
Mad for Chelsea
GSC
TopHat24/7
owen10ozzy
LastDamnation
Dave.
Hero
mystiroakey
spencerclarke
Champagne_Socialist
Jimmy Moz
JDizzle
The Terror of Tylorstown
Steffan
Good Golly I'm Olly
John Cregan
Riggs
Crimey
Duty281
NickisBHAFC
Liam
35 posters

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Go down

Tuesday qualifiers - Page 18 Empty Tuesday qualifiers

Post by Liam Mon 09 Sep 2013, 12:51 pm

First topic message reminder :

Macedonia vs Scotland (7:30)
Wales vs Serbia (7:45)
Ukraine vs England (7:45)
Austria vs ROI (7:45)

As a welsh man i'm not holding out for too much against Serbia. We're without joniesta and williams so it means there's even more pressure on Ramsey to pull something out the bag again. Hopefully Coleman's team selection and tactics improve and we're more positive against Serbia. If we'd gone for it we would've won in Macedonia. Fingers crossed bale get's 15 mins at least.

Tough games for England and ROI, I expect England to get a point at least or maybe sneak a win.

Liam

Posts : 3574
Join date : 2011-08-09
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down


Tuesday qualifiers - Page 18 Empty Re: Tuesday qualifiers

Post by mystiroakey Thu 19 Sep 2013, 11:46 am

There wasn't one bit of thuggery or racism at the play off final at wembley.

I am also a massive rugby fan and trust me although the majority of fans are 'richer' and better spoken on the whole they love a good fight on and off the pitch. And the players probably get up to more naughties than the football players on tour!!



Your problem isnt even with football fans- Its with the working class. You are coming across xenophobic and classist tbh mate!


mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 45
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

Tuesday qualifiers - Page 18 Empty Re: Tuesday qualifiers

Post by super_realist Thu 19 Sep 2013, 11:48 am

There are scummy fans from all nations and in all sports.
All sports are open to all and being poor, average or above average in income doesn't determine how much of a naughty naughty boy you are.

super_realist

Posts : 28159
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Tuesday qualifiers - Page 18 Empty Re: Tuesday qualifiers

Post by mystiroakey Thu 19 Sep 2013, 11:51 am

incorrect - yes you do get naughty boys that support all sports. however

1. sports are not open to all- in theory possibly- in reality not in the slightest.

2. football fans vastly outnumber others- therefore its just a numbers game - football will have more naughty naughties!


mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 45
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

Tuesday qualifiers - Page 18 Empty Re: Tuesday qualifiers

Post by Stella Thu 19 Sep 2013, 12:11 pm

Football is arguably the most passionate sport in the world. Not that, that's an excuse, as most 'fans' are there purely for the trouble.
Stella
Stella

Posts : 6671
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Tuesday qualifiers - Page 18 Empty Re: Tuesday qualifiers

Post by super_realist Thu 19 Sep 2013, 12:18 pm

mystiroakey wrote:incorrect - yes you do get naughty boys that support all sports. however

1. sports are not open to all- in theory possibly- in reality not in the slightest.

2. football fans vastly outnumber others- therefore its just a numbers game - football will have more naughty naughties!

Which sports aren't open to all? I'll give you Polo, but other than that I can't think of any.

super_realist

Posts : 28159
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Tuesday qualifiers - Page 18 Empty Re: Tuesday qualifiers

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 19 Sep 2013, 12:27 pm

mystiroakey wrote:There wasn't one bit of thuggery or racism at the play off final at wembley.

I am also a massive rugby fan and trust me although the majority of fans are 'richer' and better spoken on the whole they love a good fight on and off the pitch. And the players probably get up to more naughties than the football players on tour!!



Your problem isnt even with football fans- Its with the working class. You are coming across xenophobic and classist tbh mate!

xenophobic and classist because I don't like racism and thuggery??

Yeh, I feel reaaaaaaaaaaaally bad and in the wrong about that!!

Being 'working class' (a phrase I loathe and consider largely redundant in modern society anyway) does not make you a racist. Nor does it make you a thug. One of my best mates back home is a tiler who up until recently was a United season ticket holder. Thug? No. Racist? No. You're the one making these connections, try stepping off your soapbox and coming back down to reality.

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 38
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Tuesday qualifiers - Page 18 Empty Re: Tuesday qualifiers

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 19 Sep 2013, 12:30 pm

mystiroakey wrote:incorrect - yes you do get naughty boys that support all sports. however

1. sports are not open to all- in theory possibly- in reality not in the slightest.

2. football fans vastly outnumber others- therefore its just a numbers game - football will have more naughty naughties!

I went to the same school that produced a Premiership footballer and an FI world champ.

Exact same school. Exact same upbringing and socio-economic background. Successful at two sports that are at totally different ends of the spectrum regarding the stuff you're got a chip about.

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 38
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Tuesday qualifiers - Page 18 Empty Re: Tuesday qualifiers

Post by Stella Thu 19 Sep 2013, 12:39 pm

F1 is normally reserved for people with money or contacts though. Not exactly in the same bracket as Football.
Stella
Stella

Posts : 6671
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Tuesday qualifiers - Page 18 Empty Re: Tuesday qualifiers

Post by MIG Thu 19 Sep 2013, 12:44 pm

I think thats the point

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Posts : 1299
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 40

Back to top Go down

Tuesday qualifiers - Page 18 Empty Re: Tuesday qualifiers

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 19 Sep 2013, 12:52 pm

MIG wrote:I think thats the point
Thank-you...!!

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 38
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Tuesday qualifiers - Page 18 Empty Re: Tuesday qualifiers

Post by Stella Thu 19 Sep 2013, 12:55 pm

Yes, I know the point you were making, as in all but just saying...

Stella
Stella

Posts : 6671
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Tuesday qualifiers - Page 18 Empty Re: Tuesday qualifiers

Post by Breadvan Thu 19 Sep 2013, 2:04 pm

Stella wrote:Football is arguably the most passionate sport in the world. Not that, that's an excuse, as most 'fans' are there purely for the trouble.
Headscratch  Most fans are at football matches mainly for trouble? Is that how I'm reading that??
Breadvan
Breadvan

Posts : 2798
Join date : 2011-05-23
Location : Swansea & Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Tuesday qualifiers - Page 18 Empty Re: Tuesday qualifiers

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 19 Sep 2013, 2:09 pm

Think Stella might have had a bit of a mare with this one.....

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 38
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Tuesday qualifiers - Page 18 Empty Re: Tuesday qualifiers

Post by Stella Thu 19 Sep 2013, 2:15 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Think Stella might have had a bit of a mare with this one.....
Oi Very Happy 

No, I typed 'fans' with an apostrophe to suggest they were not fans.
Stella
Stella

Posts : 6671
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Tuesday qualifiers - Page 18 Empty Re: Tuesday qualifiers

Post by super_realist Thu 19 Sep 2013, 2:21 pm

They're quotation marks, not apostrophes.

super_realist

Posts : 28159
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Tuesday qualifiers - Page 18 Empty Re: Tuesday qualifiers

Post by Stella Thu 19 Sep 2013, 2:28 pm

super_realist wrote:They're quotation marks, not apostrophes.
ffs, time for a kip.
Stella
Stella

Posts : 6671
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Tuesday qualifiers - Page 18 Empty Re: Tuesday qualifiers

Post by mystiroakey Thu 19 Sep 2013, 2:31 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:incorrect - yes you do get naughty boys that support all sports. however

1. sports are not open to all- in theory possibly- in reality not in the slightest.

2. football fans vastly outnumber others- therefore its just a numbers game - football will have more naughty naughties!

I went to the same school that produced a Premiership footballer and an FI world champ.

Exact same school. Exact same upbringing and socio-economic background.  Successful at two sports that are at totally different ends of the spectrum regarding the stuff you're got a chip about.
There is only one person on here that has a chip. We can all see who that is. You argue that white is black. Its becoming quite ridiculous what you will argue on here tbh. Saying I have a chip, saying someone else is bringing up race and the only one that is generalizing is YOU!!


mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 45
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

Tuesday qualifiers - Page 18 Empty Re: Tuesday qualifiers

Post by mystiroakey Thu 19 Sep 2013, 2:33 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:There wasn't one bit of thuggery or racism at the play off final at wembley.

I am also a massive rugby fan and trust me although the majority of fans are 'richer' and better spoken on the whole they love a good fight on and off the pitch. And the players probably get up to more naughties than the football players on tour!!



Your problem isnt even with football fans- Its with the working class. You are coming across xenophobic and classist tbh mate!

xenophobic and classist because I don't like racism and thuggery??

Yeh, I feel reaaaaaaaaaaaally bad and in the wrong about that!!

Being 'working class' (a phrase I loathe and consider largely redundant in modern society anyway) does not make you a racist. Nor does it make you a thug.  One of my best mates back home is a tiler who up until recently was a United season ticket holder.  Thug? No. Racist? No.  You're the one making these connections, try stepping off your soapbox and coming back down to reality.
seriously tophat - you never used to post like this. You are literally making zero sense!

mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 45
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

Tuesday qualifiers - Page 18 Empty Re: Tuesday qualifiers

Post by Breadvan Thu 19 Sep 2013, 2:41 pm

Stella wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Think Stella might have had a bit of a mare with this one.....
Oi Very Happy 

No, I typed 'fans' with an apostrophe to suggest they were not fans.

Ok. I was gonna say....
Breadvan
Breadvan

Posts : 2798
Join date : 2011-05-23
Location : Swansea & Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Tuesday qualifiers - Page 18 Empty Re: Tuesday qualifiers

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 19 Sep 2013, 3:08 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:incorrect - yes you do get naughty boys that support all sports. however

1. sports are not open to all- in theory possibly- in reality not in the slightest.

2. football fans vastly outnumber others- therefore its just a numbers game - football will have more naughty naughties!

I went to the same school that produced a Premiership footballer and an FI world champ.

Exact same school. Exact same upbringing and socio-economic background.  Successful at two sports that are at totally different ends of the spectrum regarding the stuff you're got a chip about.
There is only one person on here that has a chip. We can all see who that is. You argue that white is black. Its becoming quite ridiculous what you will argue on here tbh. Saying I have a chip, saying someone else is bringing up race and the only one that is generalizing is YOU!!

Not really. Can remember you having a big chip about this back on N&CA talking about how nobody in State schools has opportunity to do anything other than football. And pretty much every other poster rubbished your claims and made you look a fool. Now you're doing it again on here with this 'woah is me, rugby etc are only for posh rich kids' shtick.

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 38
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Tuesday qualifiers - Page 18 Empty Re: Tuesday qualifiers

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 19 Sep 2013, 3:09 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:There wasn't one bit of thuggery or racism at the play off final at wembley.

I am also a massive rugby fan and trust me although the majority of fans are 'richer' and better spoken on the whole they love a good fight on and off the pitch. And the players probably get up to more naughties than the football players on tour!!



Your problem isnt even with football fans- Its with the working class. You are coming across xenophobic and classist tbh mate!

xenophobic and classist because I don't like racism and thuggery??

Yeh, I feel reaaaaaaaaaaaally bad and in the wrong about that!!

Being 'working class' (a phrase I loathe and consider largely redundant in modern society anyway) does not make you a racist. Nor does it make you a thug.  One of my best mates back home is a tiler who up until recently was a United season ticket holder.  Thug? No. Racist? No.  You're the one making these connections, try stepping off your soapbox and coming back down to reality.
seriously tophat  - you never used to post like this. You are literally making zero sense!
You're baselessly acusing me of being something (two things in fact) which I am not and I exposing how your arguments fail to stack up. Sorry if that upsets you but that ain't my problem.

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 38
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Tuesday qualifiers - Page 18 Empty Re: Tuesday qualifiers

Post by Champagne_Socialist Thu 19 Sep 2013, 10:17 pm

mystiroakey wrote:I have no idea why he keeps on bringing up english football fans as if he is making a point.

1. Football fans in this and many countries worldwide vastly outnumber all the other sporting fans put together.

2. Football is a game for all. It doesn't matter if you are rich or poor - you can play football. It appeals to everyone including the people that may not get the opportunities to play golf, cricket, rugby or tennis.  When a sport is available to all and very popular you will get the odd idiot.!!

Its just a numbers game..
Some good points. Yes there will be more trouble at football games because there are more fans attending matches in total and also more games. 4 professional football leagues in this country and also champions and europa league and also conference and below. number of games and football fans far outweigh any other sport in this country and so of course there will be more incidents.


Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Tuesday qualifiers - Page 18 Empty Re: Tuesday qualifiers

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 8:56 am

another correlation vs causality fail picard

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 38
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Tuesday qualifiers - Page 18 Empty Re: Tuesday qualifiers

Post by Champagne_Socialist Fri 20 Sep 2013, 5:29 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:another correlation vs causality fail picard
If you say so thumbsup 

Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Tuesday qualifiers - Page 18 Empty Re: Tuesday qualifiers

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum