The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which Famous people have you met

+28
sodhat
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
TopHat24/7
The Womble
guildfordbat
VDT
Dolphin Ziggler
hornbloweroafc
Rowley
jbeadlesbigrighthand
WhiteCamry
Nakatomi Plaza
Scottrff
MIG
kingraf
TRUSSMAN66
Hero
BlueCoverman
JuliusHMarx
Galted
Adam D
Il Gialloblu
Mind the windows Tino.
Fists of Fury
Lumbering_Jack
Corporalhumblebucket
westisbest
hbk48942
32 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Which Famous people have you met Empty Which Famous people have you met

Post by hbk48942 Tue 10 Sep 2013, 8:49 pm

just a general question - which famous people have you met

i have met Suzzane of Hollyoaks in Middlebrook once , i have also met Clare and Sarah of hollyoaks in Liverpool - dont know the name of the actresses.

hbk48942

Back to top Go down

Which Famous people have you met Empty Re: Which Famous people have you met

Post by westisbest Tue 10 Sep 2013, 9:14 pm

Met Shane Long on a night out in Birmingham couple of years ago.

Top Lad.

Also met Gary Doherty in a pub in Bournemouth last summer watching Ireland-Croatia game.

Steve Fletcher, another decent guy.

Stephen Gately from Boyzone(rip).

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 10 Sep 2013, 10:01 pm

Had a ride in a car with John Major.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 11 Sep 2013, 8:54 am

Had a pint with Steven Taylor on holiday. Top lad.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 11 Sep 2013, 9:35 am

Lennox Lewis in Hamburg Airport.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 11 Sep 2013, 9:43 am

Wladimir Klitschko in Spain. Danny Williams at Russel Square tube station. The whole spectrum of heavyweight boxers, right there.

Ben Kay at Twickenham. Massive. He looked like a human, only bigger.

Ian Rush came to my old school in about 1988 or something like that. Didn't meet him, as such, but he addressed the school at morning assembly.

Irish chef Richard Corrigan on a flight to Estonia.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 11 Sep 2013, 9:48 am

Tino, gutted to say I didn't bump in to Wlad when I visited Guademar a couple of weeks back.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 11 Sep 2013, 9:51 am

Fists of Fury wrote:Tino, gutted to say I didn't bump in to Wlad when I visited Guademar a couple of weeks back.
Ah, I forgot you were heading over there.

How was it?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Wed 11 Sep 2013, 10:16 am

This thread is going to be amazing once superfly and rowley turn up. I reckon one anecdote per post, lads. Like, I see your waiting in the bank behind the drummer from Deacon Blue and raise you almost tripping over Bez. Or something. A real game of one-downmanship.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Wed 11 Sep 2013, 10:22 am

On that note, to the OP, I'm not sure if I met the girl who plays/ed Steph Dean once, out here in China. Basically, some blonde lass with a northern accent came up to me and asked if I knew where to get some good Western food. I told her the cafe we normally went to.

The following day I went to the cafe and she was there again. Had a few polite 'ah, you again' style niceties and thought no more of it, until the day after when I realised that she really, really looked like Steph Dean out of Hollyoaks. I'd love to know if it was. She was me favourite, back in the day.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 11 Sep 2013, 11:04 am

My famous person anecdote which is my dinner party story (not that I get invited to any dinner parties) happened about 3 years ago.

I was at a corporate do that started at 1pm with a series of presentations by the people putting on the event that went on till about 5.30pm at which point it turned into a champagne drinks reception and evening meal with entertainment.

It was at the Balmoral Hotel in Edinburgh and I was staying over (all paid for I might add). I had a flight to get the next morning and was being picked up by taxi at 5.30am to get to the airport.

Anyway, instead of going to the presentations, I went back to my room, had a bath and an afternoon nap. I sauntered down to the drinks reception at 5.30 only to realise that the presentations were over running and they didnt finish until about 6.15. Me and few other presentation dodgers decided top get fired into the free champers. By the time everyone started rolling in at 6.45 ish, I was quite drunk already.

At this point, I was told that the entertainment that night was Tony Hadley from Spandau Ballet who I knew was a huge Arsenal supporter. When he turned up at 7ish, pished up me decided to go and talk to him. As it turned out, we got on really well and finished chatting at 7.30 when we were ushered in for our meal/ entertainment.

The rest of the night went by in a blur and I crashed into bed at about 3.30am very, very drunk. I got my taxi, got on the flight about 10 rows back. Empty seat next to me and a very attractive lady on the aisle seat.

AS I was still pretty drunk, I decided to turn on the Adam D charm and told her about my friendship with Tony Hadley at which point she firstly declared she really liked him but also thought I was full of cr@pola. Literally 15 seconds after her turning away sensing I was BSing, Tony Hadley gets on the plane, walks down the aisle, spots me, leans over and says "Good to see you again, Adam, enjoy your flight".

The girl looks at him, looks at me who grins like a cheshire cat and I just leaned onto the window and went to sleep after wishing Tony similar goodwill.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 11 Sep 2013, 11:07 am

Now if you were Coxy or Lumbering Jack, you wouldn't have gone to sleep, you would have taken the attractive lady to the toilets and given her the best 2 or 3 mile high minutes of her life.

That is a cracking story though, Adam.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 11 Sep 2013, 11:15 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Fists of Fury wrote:Tino, gutted to say I didn't bump in to Wlad when I visited Guademar a couple of weeks back.
Ah, I forgot you were heading over there.

How was it?
Very enjoyable, Tino. Sun, tapas, cerveza, relaxation. You know the drill. Nice place.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 11 Sep 2013, 11:15 am

Adam, that's a super story.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 11 Sep 2013, 11:28 am

I had a poem published in the local paper when I was 11 so anyone who's met me can say that they've met someone famous.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 11:39 am

Met SLAYER at the airport in Belgium in 2007. Aleady met 'em in Nottingham although I was so drunk I barely remember it. I'm so forgettable, they didn't remember me either (thank ****) as I'm sure security would have been called.

Sad to say that the late Jeff Hanneman was a bit of a git and his long standing reputation for such was well deserved.

I appreciate this thread is about meeting famous people and as non-heavy metal appreciating philistines, it will probably go over your heads. However, I enjoyed myself and the photo of me and SLAYER sits proudly on my desk

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 11 Sep 2013, 11:51 am

Grace Lee Whitney (from the original Star Trek). There's an hour and a half I'll never get back.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Wed 11 Sep 2013, 12:13 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:Had a ride in a car with John Major.

Are you Edwina Currie? Laugh

Played golf with Patrick Mower many years ago. His then girlfriend, the lovely Suzanne Danielle joined us for a drink in the bar afterwards. Best bit of the whole day to be honest.

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 12:25 pm

Serge from Kasabian, Lineker (from my Leicester Uni days)
Hamilton, Button at an F1 event among other F1 fraternity
Goldie on a train, bald geezer from Gadget show at Heathrow T5 (can't remember his name)
Walked past Ben Stiller in New York while he was doing a photo session of some kind, said Hi
Nick Faldo in Camberley fish & chip shop
Nigel Benn Luton Airport queue, he was getting angry about the waiting time because of some delay to the plane, thought he'd kick off but didn't.
Kieron Dyer outside St James' Park at the traffic lights after a game. We were next to each other front of the line. Looked over, he saw I was looking, obviously didn't like it and put up his blacked out windows and left me for dead. I was in my 1.2L Fiesta at the time. Those were the days.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 11 Sep 2013, 12:44 pm

John wrote: I was in my 1.2L Fiesta at the time. Those were the days.....

1.4 now?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 11 Sep 2013, 12:53 pm

I once told Gianfranco Zola and Faustino Asprilla they looked like a pair of d**ks in their matching shell suits whilst walking through Amsterdam city centre.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 11 Sep 2013, 12:59 pm

Hero wrote:I once told Gianfranco Zola and Faustino Asprilla they looked like a pair of d**ks in their matching shell suits whilst walking through Amsterdam city centre.
Did they understand you?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 11 Sep 2013, 1:03 pm

I didn't hang around to find out, the rest of the Parma team then turned round the corner also wearing the same clothes and I quickly realised they were due to play Ajax.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 11 Sep 2013, 1:06 pm

Hero wrote:I didn't hang around to find out, the rest of the Parma team then turned round the corner also wearing the same clothes and I quickly realised they were due to play Ajax.
That reminds me, I saw pretty much the entire London Irish rugby team in some services on the M6 toll road.

They were bloody big buggers.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 11 Sep 2013, 1:29 pm

Hero wrote:I didn't hang around to find out, the rest of the Parma team then turned round the corner also wearing the same clothes and I quickly realised they were due to play Ajax.
That reminds me, I saw pretty much the entire London Irish rugby team in some services on the M6 toll road.  

They were bloody big buggers.
Just how you like them.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Wed 11 Sep 2013, 1:32 pm

John wrote:Kieron Dyer outside St James' Park at the traffic lights after a game. We were next to each other front of the line. Looked over, he saw I was looking, obviously didn't like it and put up his blacked out windows and left me for dead. I was in my 1.2L Fiesta at the time. Those were the days.....

I presume you caught him up when he injured himself changing gear or something.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 11 Sep 2013, 1:33 pm

Hero wrote:I once told Gianfranco Zola and Faustino Asprilla they looked like a pair of d**ks in their matching shell suits whilst walking through Amsterdam city centre.
Did they understand you?
No ..but they understood the other 150 skinheads with him with their union jack scarfs on...when they started to put the boot in also !!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 11 Sep 2013, 1:35 pm

Mainly cricketers...
Jimmy Anderson
Simon Jones
Ab de Villiers
Shaun Pollock (many times)
Morne Morkel
Shane Warne
Michael Clarke
Sreesanth

I think I met Paul Walker a few months back,
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 11 Sep 2013, 1:38 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Did they understand you?
No ..but they understood the other 150 skinheads with him with their union jack scarfs on...when they started to put the boot in also !!!
I was at the time a 17 year old art student with a floppy fringe and glasses, I looked like an extra from Harry Potter rather than Green Street.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 11 Sep 2013, 1:39 pm

kingraf wrote:Mainly cricketers...
Jimmy Anderson
Simon Jones
Ab de Villiers
Shaun Pollock (many times)
Morne Morkel
Shane Warne
Michael Clarke
Sreesanth

I think I met Paul Walker a few months back,
I knew Allan Donald a bit back in the late 1980s/early 90s - I knew his wife before they got married - and he would be in the pub with her occasionally.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Wed 11 Sep 2013, 2:10 pm

I met Terry Venables, George Graham and Des Lynam after a FA Cup semi final between Spurs and Arsenal many years ago.
I also ran into Des Lynam for a second time at a petrol station.
I also have a picture (somewhere) of me and my brother (we were kids at the time) in the arms of Henry Cooper.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 2:13 pm

Il Gialloblu wrote:
John wrote:Kieron Dyer outside St James' Park at the traffic lights after a game. We were next to each other front of the line. Looked over, he saw I was looking, obviously didn't like it and put up his blacked out windows and left me for dead. I was in my 1.2L Fiesta at the time. Those were the days.....

I presume you caught him up when he injured himself changing gear or something.
lol. Kieron was thinking ahead, his BMW was an automatic.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 11 Sep 2013, 2:46 pm

Hero wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Did they understand you?
I was at the time a 17 year old art student with a floppy fringe and glasses, I looked like an extra from Harry Potter rather than Green Street.
Bet you were using your wand regularly too............Chicks like the geeky look...

Why I was striking out back then..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 11 Sep 2013, 2:55 pm

Chicks like the geeky look in 2013.
Less so in 1993, Jarvis Cocker hadn't even become famous at that point.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 11 Sep 2013, 3:07 pm

Didn't think you were that old.........

Then again I'm still 21..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 11 Sep 2013, 3:10 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Didn't think you were that old.........

Stone.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrff Wed 11 Sep 2013, 3:12 pm

Button when he was a fairly new driver.
Ricky Hatton just before the drug stories hit the papers.
Taught Katie Green (model) how to dance. Famous is bit of a stretch seeing as I didn't know who she was until after, but a stunner.
Loads of Rugby players, Saints lot quite often (Courtney Lawes all the time), told Richie Gray he had girls hair.
Trevor Nelson/Richard Blackwood (A-lister) at the airport.
Wouldn't say met but brushed past Crouchy/Clancy in Space, Ibiza a few years back.
Billy Turley was on my plane last year...Ok stretching it...

Scottrff

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 11 Sep 2013, 3:22 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Didn't think you were that old.........

Stone.
thumbsup 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 11 Sep 2013, 3:43 pm

Quite a few since starting the journal.

My favourite face to face was with Fish.

Most famous person was Rod Stewart most probably.

Lowest celeb rating was Timmy mallet

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 11 Sep 2013, 4:08 pm

How's Meet Axl going?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 11 Sep 2013, 4:16 pm

err.....will have to start that up again!!

I will meet him. FACT!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Wed 11 Sep 2013, 4:54 pm

Adam D wrote:Quite a few since starting the journal.

My favourite face to face was with Fish.

Most famous person was Rod Stewart most probably.

Lowest celeb rating was Timmy mallet
I met Mallet when I was a kid. I saw him getting on a ferry to the Isle of Wight carrying a ridiculously small suitcase in one hand and Mallet's mallet in the other.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 11 Sep 2013, 5:26 pm

I had a friend who met Roger DeCorseyv (with nookey bear) when he was at school.

He went backstage to get his autograph and entered just as Roger was launching Nookey across the room into a suitcase. He said he was traumatised at the time!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteCamry Wed 11 Sep 2013, 5:36 pm

In '95 in the DC suburbs I worked a chain bookstore where Colin Powell signed his just-published memoir.  He was highly popular then and was touted as a potential GOP candidate for '96.  Expecting a large crowd, the chain closed the store to all but buyers of Powell's book.  Over 5500 people lined up to pay and get a receipt, and then they lined up again to get an autographed copy.

One evening a few months later, after the hysteria had died down (after he'd announced he wouldn't run) Powell walked into the store escorted by journalist Peter Arnett (of "we destroyed the village in order to save it" fame).  No one mobbed him but, I think, Arnett went along as security just in case someone asked Powell for an autograph.  I forget what he bought but I recall he paid with single $100 bill.

Jump ahead a few months after that.  It was a busy, sunny Saturday with Powell all but forgotten.  Arnett walked in, shopped around a bit, then walked up to the counter with a thick stack of magazines - "Time" or "Newsweek" atop a bunch of skin rags, none of which were "Playboy" or "Penthouse."  When he saw that I'd eyeballed the stack he faked-laughed and made some lame joke which any aging adolescent creep who wasn't a world-famous journalist would have made.  He then paid quickly and made a quicker exit.

WhiteCamry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 5:49 pm

Adam D wrote:I had a friend who met Roger DeCorseyv (with nookey bear) when he was at school.

He went backstage to get his autograph and entered just as Roger was launching Nookey across the room into a suitcase. He said he was traumatised at the time!
These 70's celebrities, they're just child molesting scum the lot of 'em

Back to top Go down

Post by jbeadlesbigrighthand Thu 12 Sep 2013, 10:01 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Wladimir Klitschko in Spain.  Danny Williams at Russel Square tube station.  The whole spectrum of heavyweight boxers, right there.

Ben Kay at Twickenham.  Massive.  He looked like a human, only bigger.

Ian Rush came to my old school in about 1988 or something like that.  Didn't meet him, as such, but he addressed the school at morning assembly.

Interesting that you've met Klitschko and yet you describe Ben Kay as massive. I would have thought they would be pretty much the same size.

jbeadlesbigrighthand

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 12 Sep 2013, 10:04 am

My mate met Jeremy Beadle in an Indian Restaurant once and as they were leaving went to shake his hand and he just said "other hand son".

This is not a joke - its a genuine comment from everybodies favourite prnakster.

By all acounts, he was an incredibly nice man.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 12 Sep 2013, 10:21 am

jbeadlesbigrighthand wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Wladimir Klitschko in Spain.  Danny Williams at Russel Square tube station.  The whole spectrum of heavyweight boxers, right there.

Ben Kay at Twickenham.  Massive.  He looked like a human, only bigger.

Ian Rush came to my old school in about 1988 or something like that.  Didn't meet him, as such, but he addressed the school at morning assembly.

Interesting that you've met Klitschko and yet you describe Ben Kay as massive. I would have thought they would be pretty much the same size.
Almost certainly are, the only difference being Wladimir was sitting down at a table. He was still practically eye to eye with me regardless!

Ben Kay was stood talking to me and it just highlighted the size difference. Not just height either, he is just a massive unit. Lovely chap though.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 12 Sep 2013, 4:02 pm

Have met a few boxers and the like, outside of them and a couple of musicians have not really met anyone really famous. However last year through work I did end up having a meeting in 10 Downing Street, which was hugley intimidating, got to go through the front door and up the staircase with the portraits of all the ex PM's on the wall.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 12 Sep 2013, 4:10 pm

Rowley wrote:Have met a few boxers and the like, outside of them and a couple of musicians have not really met anyone really famous. However last year through work I did end up having a meeting in 10 Downing Street, which was hugley intimidating, got to go through the front door and up the staircase with the portraits of all the ex PM's on the wall.
Were you meeting with Mark Harper?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next