The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A sober and authentic look into one side of a top players life.

3 posters

Go down

A sober and authentic look into one side of a top players life. Empty A sober and authentic look into one side of a top players life.

Post by JubbaIsle Fri 13 Sep 2013, 6:27 pm

I read this today and wanted to share it with the boards primarily as I believe you could realistically attribute 70% of its content in any degree of fashion with any player who has broken into the higher echelons of the tennis elite. The fact that it is centred on Andy Murray is interesting because of his natural tendency to be a little aloof at times with the media, but its such a kaleidoscope of insight into this side of tennis life that I think any player who has attained a world wide following can belong to the same ilk as Barney Ronay's foray into Murrays new distinction as a high flyer.

I also like his candid and somewhat sideways snipe at the Fish Out of Water personality that symbolizes the Murray front shop window display we all see, as him being normal, when in fact this is just a by product of our all encompassing need to rationalise our impression of him or any player for that matter, in our own personal way.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2013/sep/13/andy-murray-brand-simon-fuller

JubbaIsle

Back to top Go down

A sober and authentic look into one side of a top players life. Empty Re: A sober and authentic look into one side of a top players life.

Post by hawkeye Fri 13 Sep 2013, 6:38 pm

So Murray is trying hard to make lots of money?

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

A sober and authentic look into one side of a top players life. Empty Re: A sober and authentic look into one side of a top players life.

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 13 Sep 2013, 6:45 pm

I like this quote "There is a salutary lesson here in the idiocy of believing that simply by watching from the sidelines you have any idea what sports people are really like"
What do you think HE?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Fri 13 Sep 2013, 6:56 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I like this quote "There is a salutary lesson here in the idiocy of believing that simply by watching from the sidelines you have any idea what sports people are really like"
What do you think HE?
Ha ha! Who knows?.. but I'm looking forward to seeing how Murray ditches his old image in "favour of hairstyle-aping hysteria among deluded Korean teenagers and a beneficial association with America's fifth best-selling caffeinated soft drink" Who am I to say that it won't work Whistle

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down