The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again

+83
liverbnz
Crimey
Pete330v2
L123
Rafa's biceps
incontinentia
skyeman
bluestonevedder
shivfan
Paul Mac 6CW
trottb
Breadvan
Galted
Mat
The_Enigma
XR
Luke
Cass1234
Derbymanc
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Dolphin Ziggler
socal1976
The Fourth Lion
Scrumpy
Duty281
alfie
Steffan
jbeadlesbigrighthand
guildfordbat
Thomond
6cw Hobo
Hulking_up
bhb001
SirJohnnyEnglish
Strongback
Sir. badgerhands
kingraf
The Beast
Hoggy_Bear
DP
JDizzle
LivinginItaly
Y I Man
The Best in the World
MIG
ONETWOFOREVER
TopHat24/7
Il Gialloblu
Nakatomi Plaza
seanmichaels
david lee
RinoGattuso
theundisputedY2D2
ChequeredJersey
Hero
TRUSSMAN66
Rowley
superflyweight
rawa86
Mr Bounce
compelling and rich
Mind the windows Tino.
Shot 21 LCFC
ShahenshahG
rIck_dAgless
hampo17
Lumbering_Jack
Mike Selig
goldwolf
SharkSoul
The Saint
jimmyinthewell68
Ent
westisbest
Mad for Chelsea
Adam D
Dr Gregory House MD
Cyril
hornbloweroafc
Bull
kingjohn7
Stella
Kenny
87 posters

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again - Page 5 Empty The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again

Post by Kenny Wed 18 Sep 2013, 1:53 pm

First topic message reminder :

The old thread is now well over the 1000 posts so please continue the discussion here
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again - Page 5 Empty Re: The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again

Post by Ent Sun 27 Oct 2013, 9:31 pm

gazzyD wrote:Watched Bad Grandpa.

Its better than any of the other Jackass movies (not difficult I know), but I was genuinely struggling for breath through laughing on a fair few occasions

Wouldn't say that, some very very funny bits but not enough of them. Think the other jackass films are better.

Ent

Back to top Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again - Page 5 Empty Re: The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again

Post by Bull Sun 27 Oct 2013, 11:23 pm

The Usual Suspects.
Very very good! 8/10.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 28 Oct 2013, 8:03 am

Rampage - strange little film but pretty enjoyable, nice little take on someone going postal

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 28 Oct 2013, 9:50 am

Gangster squad.

Decent watch, storyline was fairly predictable.

7/10

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Oct 2013, 9:54 am

Wrath of the Titans

I love Greek mythology, so both Clash and Wrath of the Titans are my cup of tea. Rosamund Pike is hot. Actions sequences are fast-paced and well-done. Some of the lines are atrocious, but then you get that in LOTR too. Cyclops, chimera and a minotaur = three boxes ticked. I hope they make a third film.

8/10.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 28 Oct 2013, 12:59 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Gangster squad.

Decent watch, storyline was fairly predictable.

7/10
I nearly watched it but the thought........nah!

Signs

Bit of an old one, well 2002ish. A brilliant horror/thriller with Mel Gibson.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Mon 28 Oct 2013, 3:59 pm

Just watched Ewan McGregor survive the Boxing Day tsunami in a film called The Impossible. Not sure what was supposed to be impossible. By definition, it couldn't have been owt that happened. Perhaps Ewan McGregor not surviving the Boxing Day tsunami was impossible.

Wasn't amazing either way.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 28 Oct 2013, 4:08 pm

Il Gialloblu wrote:Just watched Ewan McGregor survive the Boxing Day tsunami in a film called The Impossible. Not sure what was supposed to be impossible. By definition, it couldn't have been owt that happened. Perhaps Ewan McGregor not surviving the Boxing Day tsunami was impossible.

Wasn't amazing either way.
City of Life and Death?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 28 Oct 2013, 5:11 pm

Just watched a few films on the plane:

The Internship - enjoyable and funny but no Wedding Crashers;
F&F6 - does what it says on the tin, pretty average;

The third was clearly so memorable that I can't even recall it's name!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 29 Oct 2013, 12:37 am

seven psychopaths- thought it was ok but nothing amazing. pretty weird at times

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Oct 2013, 1:19 am

compelling and rich wrote:seven psychopaths- thought it was ok but nothing amazing. pretty weird at times
love the ending bit though were Christopher Walken is giving him the ending of his story

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Wed 30 Oct 2013, 9:32 am

has any one seen enders game yet . in two minds whether to go and see it . prob go watch Thor two this weekend .

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 30 Oct 2013, 10:37 am

The Conjuring

scary movie indeed.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Wed 30 Oct 2013, 11:23 am

Flight.  Was really impressed, great performance by Denzel Washington and not really what I was expecting it to be like which was nice.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by The Best in the World Wed 30 Oct 2013, 11:39 am

watched a few movies this weekend:

Piranha 3DD- was ok, some bland acting and a predictable story

The Dictator- thoroughly enjoyed it, laughed a lot. SBC is very funny

The Sweeney (2012)- enjoyed this too, exciting story and good acting. Ray Winstone and Plan B are very good in it
The Best in the World
The Best in the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Oct 2013, 4:20 pm

Piranha 3DD- was ok, some bland acting and a predictable story

Thought it was only the massive wobbling 3D breasts that would have made this worth watching. Acting? Story? Wasn't aware there was one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 30 Oct 2013, 4:23 pm

If breasts are the only thing you look for in a movie then you need to get a life.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 30 Oct 2013, 4:24 pm

Who the hell watches the Piranha films for the acting or story........???!!?!?!?!

I watch for Kelly Brooks jubblies and fanny!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 30 Oct 2013, 4:25 pm

Bull wrote:If breasts are the only thing you look for in a movie then you need to get a life.
Searching a forum all day so you can spout your faux-feminist bullcrap is far sadder.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Oct 2013, 4:27 pm

Bull wrote:If breasts are the only thing you look for in a movie then you need to get a life.
Don't be silly, butt cheeks, inner thigh, full pouty lips and a glimpse of skin mitten all also on the list.

Honestly, you make it sound like I have a one track mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 30 Oct 2013, 4:28 pm

Laugh 

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Y I Man Wed 30 Oct 2013, 5:54 pm

Last film I watched was World War Z last weekend.
I like my zombie films and thought this was very well done with excellent special effects.
Normally zombies come at you at a snails pace, but these ones run full pelt!

It had a good little ending on how to combat them.

9/10 (would have been 10/10 for more blood & gore, but for a Cert15 that couldnt be included)

Y I Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Y I Man Thu 31 Oct 2013, 5:59 pm

Green Street 3

Was ok, but back to the West Ham v Millwall rivalry. Thought they would have gone with a new feud this time round. Having said that, there was a different aspect to the fighting (organised, league tables - yes league tables! etc)

All in all, was ok, some good fight aspects, typical predictable storyline though.

5/10

Y I Man

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 31 Oct 2013, 6:01 pm

That's not what Dave said though, Bull, the fact that they were the films only redeeming feature doesn't mean that's what he looks for in a film
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Oct 2013, 7:28 pm

now now Bull. We have to be firm about the breasts, and of course the breasts have to be firm

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sat 02 Nov 2013, 6:51 pm

Gonna watch a film tonight with the bird... Narrowed it down to 2 on sky.

Goodfellas or disconnect? Which would the group suggest?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Sat 02 Nov 2013, 7:23 pm

Gotta be Goodfellas. That's going to be my Saturday night film........without the mrs.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Nov 2013, 8:33 pm

I've seen Disconnect on Sky demand the other night. Pretty average, just about the lives of people using technology & how they exploit it in evil ways etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinginItaly Sat 02 Nov 2013, 10:12 pm

Eden. A very moving film which made me kind of feel depressed about what men are capable of doing. Well acted and conveyed well the emotions of the girls involved.

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun 03 Nov 2013, 12:13 am

Saw Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 the other night, I hadn't seen the first but some of my mates rave about it and one of them chose to go see this one for her birthday

It was alright I guess, some laugh out loud funny moments in places and quite a nice sweet story overall, but far from the comedy classic I was promised (that said I think they were a bit disappointed as well)

Pub afterwards was better

5/10

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by The Best in the World Sun 03 Nov 2013, 1:33 pm

watched The Hangover part 2 last night, as have only seen the first (which I thought was hilarious)

wasn't as good as the first one and was quite predictable but nevertheless enjoyed it, with some funny scenes and the 3 guys (Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms and Zach Galifianakis) were very good. The predictability let it down imo, with it being obvious that Teddy was were they started out, as this was the plot point of the first

however I still liked it, made me laugh a lot

8/10
The Best in the World
The Best in the World

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Wed 06 Nov 2013, 10:08 am

warm bodies . a zombie falls in love with a girl after eating her boyfriends brains .he gets all his memories . quite funny in places and worth a watch . feel good film . 8 out of ten

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu 07 Nov 2013, 5:49 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Gonna watch a film tonight with the bird... Narrowed it down to 2 on sky.

Watched both of these...

Goodfellas - didn't think much of it actually. Felt no connection to any of the characters, didn't like the way the story was told, very stop start and thought nobody performed particularly well. Think it is one of them films it has become fashionable to like, without being very good. 5/10

Disconnect - very well told stories in the film. Good performances from the actors which felt real. 7.5/10

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 07 Nov 2013, 10:20 pm

Angels in the Outfield

watched it with the kids tonight
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Fri 08 Nov 2013, 12:02 am

The Internship - Standard enough affair from Wilson and Vaughan who have decent chemistry, loved Wedding Crashers, but pretty predictable in the end. If you enjoy their movies it is worth a couple of hours of your time, if you don't then you aren't missing anything ground breaking. 5.5/10.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri 08 Nov 2013, 1:27 am

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:Gonna watch a film tonight with the bird... Narrowed it down to 2 on sky.

Watched both of these...

Goodfellas - didn't think much of it actually. Felt no connection to any of the characters, didn't like the way the story was told, very stop start and thought nobody performed particularly well. Think it is one of them films it has become fashionable to like, without being very good. 5/10

Disconnect - very well told stories in the film. Good performances from the actors which felt real. 7.5/10
R.E; the bit in bold. You should be hung, drawn and quartered for this.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 08 Nov 2013, 9:08 am

What is good about it? I love American gangster films but this one really didn't hit the spot. Gangster squad was better.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Fri 08 Nov 2013, 9:24 am

Not sure about it being 'fashionable' to like? I first saw it around 1991 time and loved it. Must have seen it 25 times over the years.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 08 Nov 2013, 11:10 am

I'm gonna get you sucka !

it is probably the most stupid film i have ever seen , but i couldn't help laughing
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri 08 Nov 2013, 1:52 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:What is good about it? I love American gangster films but this one really didn't hit the spot. Gangster squad was better.
Goodfellas is one of my favourite films, and widely regarded as one of the best films made. Each to their own preference I suppose, but Gangster Squad? Come on... That's just a really poor remake of The Untouchables (which is another great film). Gangster squad got a bit corny at times, it didn't really have any interesting characters and Penn was very unconvincing as the bad guy. Goodfellas was the opposite if you consider each of these nodes. Gangster Squad should have been really good and I thought it would be from the build up, but it was a bad film.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Fri 08 Nov 2013, 3:12 pm

talking of gangster films, i love goodfellas . liked casino . didnt mind gangster squad . untouchables really good but my favorite is L A confidential

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Nov 2013, 9:55 pm

Marine 3 Homefront - Proper B rate action film with some geezer from WWE. Some of the action scenes & shooting parts were woefully filmed but it was an easy watch. Had Neal McDonough in it the guy who played Buck Compton in Band of Brothers, if you watched that, so I thought it would be decent......I was wrong. 4/10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat 09 Nov 2013, 12:05 am

Saw Thor 2 tonight, very good!

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 09 Nov 2013, 10:04 am

i will join in on the lumbering jack bashing and say that anybody who didn't like goodfellas needs their head testing

havent seen gangster squad but if its getting jack's seal of approval i'll probably give it a miss

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Nov 2013, 11:35 pm

Went to see Thor 2. Really enjoyed it and a nice little taster mid credits for Guardians of the Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 10 Nov 2013, 7:26 pm

John wrote:Marine 3 Homefront - Proper B rate action film with some geezer from WWE. Some of the action scenes & shooting parts were woefully filmed but it was an easy watch. Had Neal McDonough in it the guy who played Buck Compton in Band of Brothers, if you watched that, so I thought it would be decent......I was wrong. 4/10
Just watched this.

Pretty poor alright.
Thought Mike 'the miz' mizannin's acting wasn't as bad as i thought it would be.

Recognise Neil McDonough from Walking Tall.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 10 Nov 2013, 8:42 pm

compelling and rich wrote:i will join in on the lumbering jack bashing and say that anybody who didn't like goodfellas needs their head testing

havent seen gangster squad but if its getting jack's seal of approval i'll probably give it a miss
I wasn't a massive fan if gangster squad, but it is better than Goodfella's which is a dross film which has somehow earned status as a classic.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Nov 2013, 11:52 pm

Went to watch Gravity tonight

Wow.....just wow. I can't recall seeing a more visually stunning movie. I wasnt hooked by the trailer but im so made up I went to see it. I was gripped throughout

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 12 Nov 2013, 9:11 am

gazzyD wrote:Went to watch Gravity tonight

Wow.....just wow. I can't recall seeing a more visually stunning movie. I wasnt hooked by the trailer but im so made up I went to see it. I was gripped throughout
I've seen the adverts and it looks great. Do you have to wear them daft 3d glasses? How is the story line?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 12 Nov 2013, 9:13 am

Snowmen

Family film with Ray Liotta (Goodfellas Very Happy ). Probably a straight to video, well DVD type film, but was a nice story.

Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next