The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again

+83
liverbnz
Crimey
Pete330v2
L123
Rafa's biceps
incontinentia
skyeman
bluestonevedder
shivfan
Paul Mac 6CW
trottb
Breadvan
Galted
Mat
The_Enigma
XR
Luke
Cass1234
Derbymanc
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Dolphin Ziggler
socal1976
The Fourth Lion
Scrumpy
Duty281
alfie
Steffan
jbeadlesbigrighthand
guildfordbat
Thomond
6cw Hobo
Hulking_up
bhb001
SirJohnnyEnglish
Strongback
Sir. badgerhands
kingraf
The Beast
Hoggy_Bear
DP
JDizzle
LivinginItaly
Y I Man
The Best in the World
MIG
ONETWOFOREVER
TopHat24/7
Il Gialloblu
Nakatomi Plaza
seanmichaels
david lee
RinoGattuso
theundisputedY2D2
ChequeredJersey
Hero
TRUSSMAN66
Rowley
superflyweight
rawa86
Mr Bounce
compelling and rich
Mind the windows Tino.
Shot 21 LCFC
ShahenshahG
rIck_dAgless
hampo17
Lumbering_Jack
Mike Selig
goldwolf
SharkSoul
The Saint
jimmyinthewell68
Ent
westisbest
Mad for Chelsea
Adam D
Dr Gregory House MD
Cyril
hornbloweroafc
Bull
kingjohn7
Stella
Kenny
87 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again - Page 6 Empty The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again

Post by Kenny Wed 18 Sep 2013, 1:53 pm

First topic message reminder :

The old thread is now well over the 1000 posts so please continue the discussion here
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again - Page 6 Empty Re: The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again

Post by Guest Tue 12 Nov 2013, 11:17 am

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
gazzyD wrote:Went to watch Gravity tonight

Wow.....just wow. I can't recall seeing a more visually stunning movie. I wasnt hooked by the trailer but im so made up I went to see it. I was gripped throughout
I've seen the adverts and it looks great. Do you have to wear them daft 3d glasses? How is the story line?

There was only one 2d showing at cineworld so I ended up in a 3d. Not usually a fan but if any movie was made for 3d it was this. Doesnt do things for the sake of it, most times you dont realise its 3d and then something will happen and it totally justifies it

As for the story, its nothing over complicated and plays out well if a bit predictable. But I wouldn't let it put me off the movie

Back to top Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again - Page 6 Empty Re: The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again

Post by Bull Tue 12 Nov 2013, 10:29 pm

I was cornered by my friends for saying I've never seen The Back To The Future Trilogy.
So one of them let me borrow them. Managed to watch the first tonight.

Have to say I'm impressed did not think it would be that good. 8/10

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 13 Nov 2013, 8:43 am

The third one is the weakest out of the 3 imo.

Enjoyed the first 2.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 13 Nov 2013, 8:45 am

I preferred the third to the second. The first was a classic family film though.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 13 Nov 2013, 8:59 am

BTTF is one of my all time favourite films, something I can always watch no matter what mood I'm in.

I watched This Is The End on Sunday, parts of which had my laughing out loud. You get a real feeling that they didn't take themselves seriously when making the film, and the back and fourths between Mcbride and Franco where superb. Jonah Hill definately stole the show for me though, well worth a watch. 7/10.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 13 Nov 2013, 12:57 pm

I saw Gravity on Monday. I am not usually a fan of this type of movie and only went along due to peer pressure and the media hype surrounding it.

I was pleasantly surprised. It is visually stunning, and if you have the means, I reckon 3D IMAX would be the perfect place to see it (I went to the "normal" 3D). I thought it was a good, rather than a great film, and doesn't quite live up to the media hype. It is still well-worth watching though. 8.5/10

PS Anyone else think that the other spacewalking astronaut at the beginning sounded exactly like Raj from The Big Bang Theory?

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Nov 2013, 6:03 pm

hampo171 wrote:BTTF is one of my all time favourite films, something I can always watch no matter what mood I'm in.

I watched This Is The End on Sunday, parts of which had my laughing out loud. You get a real feeling that they didn't take themselves seriously when making the film, and the back and fourths between Mcbride and Franco where superb. Jonah Hill definately stole the show for me though, well worth a watch. 7/10.
Deffo. Not a fan of Jonah Hill but really liked him in this. It was insane hearing emma watson drop an f bomb. Shes hermione, she doesnt swear

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu 14 Nov 2013, 7:18 pm

Watched a few recently.

Stake Land - a vampire/zombie apocalypse movie with elements in common with The Road. Enjoyed. An interesting take on this genre and pretty well paced.

Sexy Beast - I saw it years ago but had a second look. Ben Kingsley's Don is one of the best badasss, terrifying characters in film history! I love they way that the actual 'job' is secondary to the plot and it's mainly just Kingsley scaring the beejesus out of Winston, his wife and the other couple.

A Field in England - Love Wheatley's stuff. This is weird and really atmospheric. May be a bit slow for some in places but it's a film that really stays with you and very impressed by the characterisation and acting.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 18 Nov 2013, 1:25 pm

Watched Rambo (2008) on Friday night. Jeez that was a violent film - it could have been called '500 different ways a Burmese body can disintegrate when hit with shells from a Browning M2 anti aircraft machine gun'. Haven't seen such gratuitous violence since, well, Rambo 3

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 18 Nov 2013, 1:41 pm

Watched 2 Guns with Denzil Washington and Marky Mark. Terribly ordinary film, cliched and nowhere near as amusing as it things it is, one to avoid.

Also watched Prisoners with Hugh Jackman over the weekend. That was alright, if a little over long, but definitely the better of the two.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 18 Nov 2013, 1:44 pm

Hobbit was alright. Wonder how many people do the free trial with netflix to get it?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Nov 2013, 1:46 pm

Watched "Elysium" the other day...pointless nonsense from the guy who brought us "District 9" You can see Blomkamp's style throughout but I really did struggle to see the whole point of the film. I appreciate that, as with District (, he's trying to make some deep socio-political point but for me, it was just Matt Damon covered in Mechano (showing my age a bit there).

Dunno why Jodie Foster was trying out her Madonna-has-a-stab-at-trying-to-talk-posh accent but it was very distracting.

Just started watching "the Wolverine". Somehow managed to download the version without Japanese subs and I'm sure that whilst the dialogue is pertinent, it isn't going to overly affect my enjoyment (if that's the word) of this movie

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 18 Nov 2013, 1:54 pm

I watched Dredd - loved every minute of it.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DP Mon 18 Nov 2013, 8:01 pm

Hard Rain with Morgan Freeman. Shocking.

DP

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoggy_Bear Mon 18 Nov 2013, 10:05 pm

Watched Now You See Me a couple of nights ago.
Total, unbelievable, tosh.

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2013, 1:20 pm

Hoggy_Bear wrote:Watched Now You See Me a couple of nights ago.
Total, unbelievable, tosh.
Cheers for that review, I'll delete it from my hard drive. I tend to download loads of stuff and then every few months a delete stuff I haven't got round to watching on the basis that, if it was that appealing, I'd have watched it by now however, I always appreciate a succinct and honest review (unless it's that nimrod who slated Goodfellas)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue 19 Nov 2013, 1:27 pm

Percy Jackson - Sea of monsters.

At the risk of getting shot down on here, I quite enjoyed it. It's fun, there's plenty of action, and it never takes itself too seriously, which IMO makes it an enjoyable watch. Sure, there's a few somewhat sappy moments, and at times you want to slap the characters senseless, but some of that is also in some way what makes it fun. Not too long either, so you don't feel any sense of drag.

A good solid 7/10 from me.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Thu 21 Nov 2013, 5:09 pm

I watched The Counsellor on Monday. It has a stellar cast: Fassbender, Bardem, Diaz, Pitt, Cruz, Perez and a slick-looking trailer. It's also directed by Ridley Scott.

However, the film is rubbish. There are a couple of decent bits but mostly it's showing off a few rich things whilst weaving in a plot about drug dealing. The script is very poorly written and there are two very obviously placed bits of dialogue (dire-logue?) which introduce certain parts of the plot.

Javier Bardem's haircut looks ridiculous (as do Cameron Diaz's fake tattoos - Sharpie, anyone?); Fassbender over-reacts a lot, Penelope Cruz simply plays herself (sleek, sultry and mildly annoying) whilst the only good bits in it are the motorbike "incident" and the cheetahs. John Leguizamo earnt a few quid by having a half-decent 2-minute uncredited role. Oh, and there's a few hats on the floor by the end.

So much potential. So little enjoyment. 4/10

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 25 Nov 2013, 3:30 pm

watched Mama this afternoon , found it disturbing
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Mon 25 Nov 2013, 4:24 pm

Valkyrie - 2/10

I gave up after half an hour as I couldn't get my head around the fact the Nazis are played by English and Americans and they speak in English! They didn't even try to put a German accent on, was just confusing.
The irony is they are trying to kill Hitler, so are they allies then? Not sure if this was done on purpose or not!
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Mon 25 Nov 2013, 4:36 pm

Kenny wrote:watched Mama this afternoon , found it disturbing
I watched that last night.  Good film with an interesting and fresh idea/story.  Shame I didn't like how Mama actually looked but it didn't detract from how good the story was.

Turns out Mama was actually played by a man!

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Nov 2013, 11:45 pm

Hunger games sequel

My favourite of the three books and I think this did it justice. Was really impressed with it

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 27 Nov 2013, 11:51 pm

Treated myself to Thor 2 this afternoon

I'm a big fan of comic films and this was very enjoyable, without overthinking things too much, a good edition to the Avengers franchise

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Thu 28 Nov 2013, 11:33 am

Watched American History X last night.  I had watched it before but a very long time ago.  What a great film, really powerful and emotional.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Thu 28 Nov 2013, 12:43 pm

watched wolverine . it was ok and i enjoyed it but my disc was faulty and missed the end . it froze when he got on the plane at the end Crying or Very sad 

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu 28 Nov 2013, 3:19 pm

That pretty much was the ending dont worry.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Nov 2013, 4:48 pm

Just watching "Machete Kills" with Danny Trejo. Doesn't take itself too seriously (bit like Danny - hence the rubbish he's been in). Only 20 minutes in (fell asleep) but it will pass an hour or so.

Watched Wolverine and there's a bit at the end with Magneto and Dr Xavier and I thought "what the frig is going on here. He's meant to be dead and I...oh, forget it. Deleted it from my hard drive and won't recommend it to anyone...ever (except STEFFAN - he might terminally self harm as a result of watching it!)

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 29 Nov 2013, 10:43 am

Sat down with my two older sisters last night to watch the Hunt for Red October which was the first film we ever recorded on VHS so it's a bit of a sentimental favourite.

We can all pretty much repeat the film word for word so a lot of the time was spent doing that ("Captain! Captain he's turning!" "Which WAY'S he turning Jonesy?" "TO THE STAAAARBOARD SIR! Smile)

As I said it's a bit of a sentimental favourite so I'm probably looking at it through rose tinted spectacles but I think it's quality!

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 29 Nov 2013, 10:52 am

hornbloweroafc wrote:Valkyrie - 2/10

I gave up after half an hour as I couldn't get my head around the fact the Nazis are played by English and Americans and they speak in English!  They didn't even try to put a German accent on, was just confusing.
The irony is they are trying to kill Hitler, so are they allies then?  Not sure if this was done on purpose or not!
You know it's based on a true story, right?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Fri 29 Nov 2013, 12:42 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:
hornbloweroafc wrote:Valkyrie - 2/10

I gave up after half an hour as I couldn't get my head around the fact the Nazis are played by English and Americans and they speak in English!  They didn't even try to put a German accent on, was just confusing.
The irony is they are trying to kill Hitler, so are they allies then?  Not sure if this was done on purpose or not!
You know it's based on a true story, right?
Yes I know its based on a true story as I ended up reading up on it. I just would rather of had the Nazis speaking German with subtitles to get more of a feel if you know what I mean.
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Nov 2013, 12:55 pm

Agree, hate films where their playing germans but speaking english, ruins the feel for me.

Das Boot, perfect example of how it should be done. Classic film.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 29 Nov 2013, 4:26 pm

Watched Alpha Papa, if you enjoy Alan Partridge you should enjoy it. Am always wary if a hour hour comedy character can carry a full film but it held my attention for the duration and made me belly laugh a good few times.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Nov 2013, 6:11 pm

Rowley wrote:Watched Alpha Papa, if you enjoy Alan Partridge you should enjoy it. Am always wary if a hour hour comedy character can carry a full film but it held my attention for the duration and made me belly laugh a good few times.
Just watched it this morning and agree whole heartedly, thought it was excellent!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 29 Nov 2013, 10:47 pm

watched This Is 40 today , not as good as Knocked Up but still a few funny bits in it
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 01 Dec 2013, 3:38 pm

Not seen a really good film in ages;

Thor the dark world - average, loved the first Thor and all the marvel films but this one whilst not being terrible is a misfire.

Gravity - not sure what the fuss is all about, a decent watch and nice visuals. 3d isn't anything special either.

Catching fire - I presume the books tell a decent story but it's a pretty poor offering. I still have no idea why your woman is inspiring an uprising. Plus hugely predictable from the second they were having the 74th hunger games in the first film. Want to be a millionaire? Write a story about a heroine with 2 guys vying for her affection.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sun 01 Dec 2013, 3:43 pm

Seven.
Great movie, really liked the end!
8.5/10

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 02 Dec 2013, 3:02 am

Recently watched Cyborg with Van Damme. I seen it a long time ago when I was like 10, I thought it kicked ass back then and I still do now. Bad movie that is terribly good, I like the idea they had going on, old school post-apocalyptic films are something I've always been into, something they've tried to recreate a few times (Book of Eli, The Road) and failed miserably. And terrible actors always make the best bad guys.

Hopeully the new Mad Max will rekindle the flame.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Mon 02 Dec 2013, 8:51 am

watched city of god only because its been mentioned on here . really good film . very long but good

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 02 Dec 2013, 11:20 am

This is 40

Much better and funnier than I thought it would be. Hitting 40 is something I experienced not that long ago either.

7/10
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 03 Dec 2013, 1:06 pm

I watched A Very Harold and Kumar Christmas last night, if you enjoyed the other Harold and Kumar films you'll enjoy this, if you didn't then you won't. Simple as that.

A good watch, that you can switch your brain off and enjoy. Neil Patrick Harris has a funny cameo, as does Danny Trejo.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 03 Dec 2013, 1:11 pm

Watched Pacific Rim, fairly brainless old affair but if you can't enjoy big monsters fighting big robots you really are not taking enough joy in life.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Tue 03 Dec 2013, 1:36 pm

I watched now you see me.

I think there's a good film in there somewhere, but the character development was weak, some strands of the story seemed to just disappear, and a couple of bits just didn't make sense. The pacing seemed unnecessarily frenetic at times. I wonder what the DC would look like as I have a feeling this film suffered a fair bit in the editing suite. The plot was interesting enough, with a decent if somewhat predictable twist.

On the whole disappointing.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue 03 Dec 2013, 1:45 pm

The Starving Games.

A parody of the Hunger Games, though the word "parody" is probably overly generous. This is an incredibly silly film, mocking not only the Hunger Games film itself but lots of other "culture hits" (in no particular order: Gangnam Style, the recent Sherlock Holmes movies, the Avengers, the Expendables, and Taylor Swift are the ones I can recall offhand). Don't expect any subtlety here, and I daresay a lot of people will find this film tremendously un-funny. Me? I enjoyed it well enough, laughed a few times, mostly at very stupid jokes. Reading the critics reaction surprised me a little TBH, as I'm not quite sure what you expect from this sort of film, other than what it ultimately delivers.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 08 Dec 2013, 6:31 am

Enjoyed the Hunger Games Catching Fire and on the back of developing a crush on Jennifer Lawrence (not just her acting) also watched Silver Linnings Playbook. Good film if for a very much "Hollywood" ending.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sun 08 Dec 2013, 2:12 pm

finally got round to watching man of steel

and was majorly disappointed, what a load of rubbish! flew through all the early story not developing any characters. the dad was in about 3 scenes before dieing so didnt really care about it, lane and superman was also rubbish and rushed through then most of the film is load of zipping about fight scenes where you can barely tell whats happening

not to mention the rubbish pro american BS all the way through, aliens threaten the whole world and there's not a single foreign diplomat to be seen. dont worry one general from american will sort it with superman.

always amazes me how of all the aliens seem to land in america as well, chances are if it were realistic superman would have been russian or drowning at the bottom of the sea

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 08 Dec 2013, 6:29 pm

Arthur Christmas

Watched it with the kids today , it did actually get me in the christmas spirit ( something i have been struggling with ) and i ended up watching a Muppets Christmas Carol afterwards aswell
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Sun 08 Dec 2013, 10:08 pm

Only God forgives.

I can understand people hating it. Not sure the comparisons with Drive are justified - for me 2 very different films. I would compare it more with Twin Peaks.

Personally I thought it was terrific - best film of the year of those I've seen.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sun 08 Dec 2013, 10:51 pm

This is the End. = 7/10 Not bad pretty good moments here and there and also BACKSTREET BOYS!

50/50 = 7/10 Good movie thought JGL and Rogen were rather good in this.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 09 Dec 2013, 3:23 pm

Watched Frozen on Saturday.

Another hugely disappointing animated film to add to the recent efforts. All the really funny parts were aimed at the adults which, although I did find amusing, isn't really what a kids film should be about.

There was way too much singing about love and dancing around and not enough interaction between Olaf the snowman and the reindeer whose name escapes me. They were the only really funny characters. To make it worse, the advert that hooked my attention in the first place (the snowman and the reindeer battling to reach a carrot in the middle of a frozen lake) wasn't even in the film.

My kids were bored and I was even more bored.

It was pompous and took itself way too seriously to be enjoyable.

5/10

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 09 Dec 2013, 7:18 pm

watched Long Walk to Freedom a few days before Mandela died. Pretty decent movie, but Elba absolutely butchers a xhosa accent, and he even fails to replicate Mandela's English, which almost any South African can do from the age of six. Oscar talk? Imagine if de Niro went through Argon Bull speaking like a Geordie!! Otherwise it's a very packed film, and I don't mean that in a good way, tries to cram Mandelas whole life in a very short space, might have warranted a two-part film,
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next