The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again

+83
liverbnz
Crimey
Pete330v2
L123
Rafa's biceps
incontinentia
skyeman
bluestonevedder
shivfan
Paul Mac 6CW
trottb
Breadvan
Galted
Mat
The_Enigma
XR
Luke
Cass1234
Derbymanc
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Dolphin Ziggler
socal1976
The Fourth Lion
Scrumpy
Duty281
alfie
Steffan
jbeadlesbigrighthand
guildfordbat
Thomond
6cw Hobo
Hulking_up
bhb001
SirJohnnyEnglish
Strongback
Sir. badgerhands
kingraf
The Beast
Hoggy_Bear
DP
JDizzle
LivinginItaly
Y I Man
The Best in the World
MIG
ONETWOFOREVER
TopHat24/7
Il Gialloblu
Nakatomi Plaza
seanmichaels
david lee
RinoGattuso
theundisputedY2D2
ChequeredJersey
Hero
TRUSSMAN66
Rowley
superflyweight
rawa86
Mr Bounce
compelling and rich
Mind the windows Tino.
Shot 21 LCFC
ShahenshahG
rIck_dAgless
hampo17
Lumbering_Jack
Mike Selig
goldwolf
SharkSoul
The Saint
jimmyinthewell68
Ent
westisbest
Mad for Chelsea
Adam D
Dr Gregory House MD
Cyril
hornbloweroafc
Bull
kingjohn7
Stella
Kenny
87 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again - Page 18 Empty The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again

Post by Kenny Wed 18 Sep 2013, 1:53 pm

First topic message reminder :

The old thread is now well over the 1000 posts so please continue the discussion here
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again - Page 18 Empty Re: The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again

Post by seanmichaels Tue 05 Aug 2014, 11:13 am

Galted wrote:The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug

Poor.  I'm only watching them out of some misplaced sense of loyalty but they really are scraping the bottom of the barrel.  Each instalment makes you realise even more what a sh1t director Peter Jackson is.  For some reason he thought that it would be a good idea to crowbar Lego-(I wish I was played by someone who could act)-las and a love interest into the story.  Sad to say the rest of the film was just as sh1t, special effects can only get you so far.  One to avoid, unless you have some misplaced sense of loyalty or enjoy the contents of barrel bottoms.

4/10 - GSoE
4.08/10 - TSoCA

Ha. Must admit I was very disappointed. Not a bad film but I think the way Jackson has told the story is akin to buying a Chateaubriand steak and dicing it up for a beef stew.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again - Page 18 Empty Re: The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again

Post by Guest Tue 05 Aug 2014, 11:37 am

I've watched the Hobbit not expecting to be impressed and in that respect I haven't been disappointed

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 06 Aug 2014, 3:48 pm

Boyhood,

waste of 3 hours of my life.

I've grown up, i'd no need to see someone else do it.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 07 Aug 2014, 9:22 am

Nebraska
Ageing dad thinks he's won a million dollars in a sweepstakes and annoys his exasperated son into driving him to collect it. Really good, funny and sad even if the storyline is a bit silly and the acting isn't great.  I lolled out loud several times, first time I've done that since We Are The Best at the London Film Festival where, coincidentally (some might say ironically though they'd be wrong) I wanted to see Nebraska but couldn't as no tickets were available.

GSoE - 8/10
TSoCA - 7.64/10
Seanmichaels War and Tank Factor - low.  Some mention of the Korean war but no machine-on-soldier guts action.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Aug 2014, 7:59 pm

Went to see the new Inbetweeners last night

As a fan of comedies I laughed out loud several times and can't fault it for that, but as a fan of the franchise I felt a little disappointed by the ending which was rubbish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Aug 2014, 1:20 pm

Guardians of the Galaxy - what an absolutely awful marketing campaign this film has had, the trailer made this look awful, thank God I didn't let it put me off watching it. It was superb and a loads of fun, who knew that Batista could actually do a decent job as well

Draft Day - Really enjoyed it, probably won't be everybodies cup of tea, but put me in the mood for the upcoming NFL season

Back to top Go down

Post by The Best in the World Fri 08 Aug 2014, 1:29 pm

was lucky enough to be at the premiere of the Inbetweeners 2 movie on Tuesday, and even got tickets to see the film a day before it was released.

Have to say it was very enjoyable, some very good laughs and much better and funnier than the first. It's so good that I went to see it again last night, and even though I knew when all the funny bits were, I still laughed and laughed.

Would definitely recommended it, 9/10
Spoiler:
The Best in the World
The Best in the World

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 08 Aug 2014, 1:41 pm

Our World War - 3 part series although a bit like a film. Can't be arrised to review it but this says it all from the Guardian website:

It could have gone badly wrong. They might have done Little Europe, or Snog, Marry, Machine Gun. Instead, they've made Our World War (BBC3) – a drama in the style of the award-winning Our War, about British troops in Afghanistan, based on the accounts of, and from the point of view of, real soldiers, on the ground, going in to battle. Using helmet cams, gun-barrel cams, shaky pictures and a narrow field of vision, it brings the Battle of Mons (subject of this first of three) into the 21st-century living room. It's modern language, too, and modern music (PJ Harvey alongside birdsong) – a 1914/2014 mashup for a new audience and hopefully a new relevance.

It still might have misfired like a jammed Vickers if they'd done it badly – significant history trivialised by youth TV. But, as Our War was, this is done beautifully. It works.

Dropped-in graphics, showing the lay of the land, the canal and the bridges, don't interfere with the drama – they complement, help explain and put it into a geographical context. Likewise, the overhead camera – heat or infrared, I'm not sure – and from a helicopter or drone, clearly not technology that was around in 1914 anyway. It shows people up in white like little maggots. And then there's the chilling moment when there are suddenly thousands of maggots, an infestation of them on the other side of the canal, maggots that, if you zoomed in, would have spikes on their heads. German maggots.

Our World War has the more traditional components of good drama, too – terrific performances, a strong script, convincing dialogue. But it's the action, once it gets going, that is really the star here.

After the first shots are fired (the first engagement of the war for British troops), the battle builds slowly, almost real-time slowly, but relentlessly, until the intensity is almost unbearable. There's something of Saving Private Ryan about it, though less grand and cinematic, more intimate and personal. Helmet cam, machine-gun cam, in-front-of-the-face cam, the jitteriness and the narrow field, all give it a claustrophobic, visceral intensity. Not so much bringing Mons into your living room maybe, as dropping you into Mons, having first blasted away a hundred years with heavy artillery. By the end, you're left exhausted, dazed, shell-shocked, with the rat-a-tat of the machine gun still ringing in your ears.

And then the real 100-year-old black-and-white footage of the troops retreating from Mons. Plus the postscripts – about the real Charles Jarvis, William Holbrook, Fred Steele, Maurice Dease, their deaths, one extraordinary survival, medals, three Victoria Crosses for almost unimaginable bravery. To remind us that this isn't just drama based on a real event, it's based on real people, too, and their accounts of what they lived through, people only a few generations ahead of us. And it's hard not to choke up a little. Excellent, innovative, moving television – I think the best, and most affecting, of the first world war programmes I've seen so far.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sat 09 Aug 2014, 11:28 am

Her

Creepy halfwit with a moustache falls in love with an operating system designed to continually develop its personality.  Mildly interesting premise that could have resulted in a mediocre and forgettable film but, instead, became a steaming pile of bum-produce.  

GSoE - 3/10
TSoCA - 3.11/10
Seanmichaels War and Tank Factor - f*ck-all, not even a stray air-to-ground missile to bring the whole farce to a premature end.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 11 Aug 2014, 9:33 am

Battle of The Bulge (1955)

Bloody long, proper Sunday afternoon stuff. Some half decent action scenes but spoilt by the tank battle being shot in the Spanish desert instead of a wintry alpine region as it should have been.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 11 Aug 2014, 10:26 am

Guardians Of The Galaxy - 9/10
Brilliant. Almost had me in tears!

Last edited by Bull on Mon 11 Aug 2014, 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Mon 11 Aug 2014, 1:23 pm

I saw Hunger Games Catching Fire the other week. It was a little slow to get started but then it was all action and nastiness. Philip Seymour Hoffmann (for what is a fairly small part) was excellent, as was Jennifer Lawrence and it was nice to see the Liam Hemsworth & Elizabeth Banks characters being fleshed out a little more. You could tell that Woody has been down the gym though!!

It was everything I expected and a little more. It has set up the final film (split into 2 which has become the norm these days) very nicely. 9/10

And over the weeked we watched Sharknado. I really don't know what this film thinks it is. Comedy? Kind of. Horror? Well there's plenty of blood. Thriller? Nope. Take it with a pinch of salt and it's a good laugh. There is a total disregard for weather, there's a total disregard for basic biology and a total disregard for character development. The hero's main friend (an Aussie called "Baz") looks like he's just taken something interesting and illegal every time he's on screen. Tara Reid looks like she has only 2 facial expressions (bored and terrified) - but maybe that's all the plastic surgery will allow. The rest of the characters are so annoying you just want them to die. most of them do. Continuity with the helicopter is funny - I counted at least four different types in the air...

The film is just so preposterous it's absolutely bonkers. Yet it is strangely watchable. Sequel? Oh lordy... 4/10

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Aug 2014, 1:47 pm

Captain America - The Winter Soldier.... Wasn't expecting much after sitting through Captain America but it was okay. The sight of Scarlett Johannson obviously made the whole thing infinitely more bearable. Wasn't massively fussed with the plot but it was enjoyable hokum.

The Purge...was told about this and having seen ads for the Purge 2, decided to give it a go. Utter drivel based on the premise that a state sanctioned gloves off for 12 hours where all crime is legal thus having a cathartic effect on the populous to ensure a low crime rate and prosperous economy.

Absolute sh!te and anyone who likes this film is a (unt!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon 11 Aug 2014, 11:24 pm

I would echo Dave's views on both of those. Winter Soldier is much (much) better than the first film, and all in all a decent watch. OK it's not on a par with the Avengers, or even Thor, but it's very watchable.

The Purge is a real shame. It starts off on an interesting enough premise - that for 12 hours people can do anything they want, kill loads of people, etc. and that this means the rest of the year there's no/less crime - but quite frankly just does nothing with it. Terrible film.

I watched Divergent recently. Sci-fi film where society is split into five "factions", and so-called Divergents are those who don't belong in any faction (or could belong in several), and are thus a threat to society. I felt they could have cut down on the middle part, which shows the heroine Tris training to join her chosen faction, and made the exposition (certainly the explanation on the dangers Divergents pose to the established order), and maybe the ending ("it's a fortress" impossible to break into - takes them 30 seconds with five people) a little longer (and really the film could have lost 15 minutes easily).

The lead actors are quality, and overall it's an OK watch, but to me it only skims the surface of - again - an interesting premise. A big step down from the Hunger Games films...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 14 Aug 2014, 11:16 am

Inbetweeners 2

Firstly, I was the oldest one in the cinema.

Secondly, it was very funny in parts, and did make me LOL. Better than the first film, and worth seeing.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon 18 Aug 2014, 11:01 am

Punisher War Zone: Started off looking like it was going to follow the Ennis run on the comics and then seemed to decide to cram as many characters from his whole run as possible.

Not a bad film as such but a pretty bog standard action film that if you've got a spare 90 mins to lie down and veg is good enough.

Still think it would work better as a TV show though.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 18 Aug 2014, 12:11 pm

The Raid 2. Not quite as good as the first film, but still bloody brilliant.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Aug 2014, 2:11 pm

The Amazing Spiderman 2...not that amazing but I do prefer the Andrew Garfield guy to Toby Maguire. Has the wisecracking "cartoon" version of Spiderman off to a tee.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Aug 2014, 2:13 pm

Agree..I can't stand Maguire....No charisma...No personality....No looks....Just a dweeb who got lucky....

Made Hammond look like Brando.. (Hammond was the original Parker btw !!)

With a bit of luck he'll p**s off into obscurity...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Aug 2014, 2:16 pm

The guy with the piercing blue eyes from the "Spiderman and the Dragon's challenge" era?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Aug 2014, 2:18 pm

Did a twenty episode series too..............Don't know whether they were on over here..

Only got cancelled because NBC decided It had to pick between The Hulk with Ferrigno or Spidey......

Hammond of course was too old for Parker............But he had a bit more about him than t*t head..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon 18 Aug 2014, 4:10 pm

Priest - a very underated vampire movie in my opinion, followed that up with

Frozen, doesn't matter what your age, if you haven't seen it yet then your missing out (especially those of us with daughters.) One long muscial with a couple of talky bits in the middle, i'll now be humming 'do you wanna build a snowman' for the rest of the evening.

Last edited by Derbymanc on Mon 18 Aug 2014, 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : got the name of the film wrong DOH!!!!!!)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Aug 2014, 5:07 pm

Derbymanc wrote:Preacher - a very underated vampire movie in my opinion, followed that up with

Frozen, doesn't matter what your age, if you haven't seen it yet then your missing out (especially those of us with daughters.) One long muscial with a couple of talky bits in the middle, i'll now be humming 'do you wanna build a snowman' for the rest of the evening.
I f*cking hate "Frozen"...the songs are b*llocks..."Love is an open door" sets me friggin' teeth on edge. What else annoys me is that when Elsa and Anna are in the Ice Palace screeching about undoing the eternal winter, one of the sisters screams "I can't control the curse" yet at the beginning of the film, it's established that she's BORN with the affliction....it wasn't curse you silly b!tch.

STOP TELLING LIES!!!!!

"Beauty and the Beast" has better songs except Belle comes across as a spoilt brat wanting "more than this provincial life" Screw you, you ungrateful hag. However, this film also has it's faults. We're told the prince was turned into a beast for being vain and spoiled and had until his 21st birthday to learn the meaning of love yet at one stage, his candlestick butler sings "ten long years we've been serving" TEN YEARS? You put a curse on an eleven year old boy? F*ck me!!!!!

However, all that becomes irrelevant when I hear my two year old daughter singing "For the first time in forever" (she only knows that one line) but it's so sweet I can almost forgive the act that "Tangled" has better songs.

Back to top Go down

Post by L123 Mon 18 Aug 2014, 5:22 pm

The last film I saw was Guardians of the Galaxy, it was alright as films go. As for Frozen....LET IT GOOOOOOOOOOOOO  Very Happy (I wish they would!!!)

L123

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon 18 Aug 2014, 6:15 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:Preacher - a very underated vampire movie in my opinion, followed that up with

I f*cking hate "Frozen"...the songs are b*llocks..."Love is an open door" sets me friggin' teeth on edge. What else annoys me is that when Elsa and Anna are in the Ice Palace screeching about undoing the eternal winter, one of the sisters screams "I can't control the curse" yet at the beginning of the film, it's established that she's BORN with the affliction....it wasn't curse you silly b!tch.

STOP TELLING LIES!!!!!

"Beauty and the Beast" has better songs except Belle comes across as a spoilt brat wanting "more than this provincial life" Screw you, you ungrateful hag. However, this film also has it's faults. We're told the prince was turned into a beast for being vain and spoiled and had until his 21st birthday to learn the meaning of love yet at one stage, his candlestick butler sings "ten long years we've been serving" TEN YEARS? You put a curse on an eleven year old boy? F*ck me!!!!!

However, all that becomes irrelevant when I hear my two year old daughter singing "For the first time in forever" (she only knows that one line) but it's so sweet I can almost forgive the act that "Tangled" has better songs.

Your just Hans in disguise you are, miserable old g!t :-)

although gotta agre I detest 'love is an open door'
Talking about sweet things my daughter brought a stick in last time I was home and told me it proved Frozen could be real as it looked like Olafs arm. (she's 8 btw)

Haven't seen Beauty and the beast in forever so might have to go back to that one. Tangleds another corker too, and to get my manliness back just watched Dredd again. Gotta love the fact Karl Urban refused to take the helmet off.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 18 Aug 2014, 7:59 pm

47 Ronin - surprisingly watchable though not much to recommend 5/10

August: Osage County - not bad, Julia Roberts normally gets on my nipple-tips but this one's worth watching just for her performance 7/10

How I Ended This Summer - Russian film about two men in some isolated outpost.  Can't really describe it without giving the plot away but worth a watch if you like rifles, beanies, gutting fish and radio static 6/10

Do The Right Thing - finally watched it.  Not sure if it's lost something in the last 25 years but seemed like a slightly edgy version of The Cosby Show.  Not bad though 7/10

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 19 Aug 2014, 7:59 am

The Expendables 3. Went expecting nothing more than a load of past-it action stars enjoying themselves blowing sh** up a lot and killing people. Not as bloodthirsty as the first two (it's only a 12A) but you get the impression that Mel Gibson is really enjoying himself as is Harrison Ford.

Does exactly what it says on the tin. 6/10

Last edited by Mr Bounce on Tue 19 Aug 2014, 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 19 Aug 2014, 6:50 pm

Derbymanc wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

STOP TELLING LIES!!!!!

Your just Hans in disguise you are, miserable old g!t :-)

although gotta agre I detest 'love is an open door'
Talking about sweet things my daughter brought a stick in last time I was home and told me it proved Frozen could be real as it looked like Olafs arm. (she's 8 btw)

Haven't seen Beauty and the beast in forever so might have to go back to that one. Tangleds another corker too, and to get my manliness back just watched Dredd again. Gotta love the fact Karl Urban refused to take the helmet off.

Love is an open door is so cliché and sickly on first listen but in retrospect it's incredibly sinister and very clever
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Fri 22 Aug 2014, 7:35 pm

RED 2. Lame and too farsical compared to the first one.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 22 Aug 2014, 8:16 pm

The Great Gatsby (2013 version)

Pretty disappointing, though I wouldn't have bothered watching if I'd remembered that Baz Luhrmanm was directing as he brings to cinema what gravel brings to comedy.  The problem with turning the book into a film is that the story is fairly inconsequential, the strength of F Scott Fitzgerald is the exquisite writing rather than great storylines.  Baz and Jay Z managed to turn it into a hip-hop musical, which is fair enough seeing as it's set in the f*cking 1920s.  The previously mentioned exquisite writing was ham-handedly inserted in the narrative courtesy of the whining voice of one of the world's great grinning buffoons, Tobey Maguire.  I'm not much of a fan of the 1974 Redford/Farrow version but it's streets ahead of this effort.

GSoE - 5/10
TSoCA - 5.06/10
seanmichaels war and tank factor - fairly low, some mention of WWI and a few flashbacks.  Plus Leo in a uniform.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 22 Aug 2014, 8:25 pm

Yeah, can't believe they let that talentless Tinkywinky ruin some of the greatest prose ever written.  He's nearly ruined the last line of the book - the greatest last line ever - for me and for that he will one day receive a Chinese burn.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 22 Aug 2014, 8:32 pm

superflyweight wrote:Yeah, can't believe they let that talentless Tinkywinky ruin some of the greatest prose ever written.  He's nearly ruined the last line of the book - the greatest last line ever - for me and for that he will one day receive a Chinese burn.

F*cked up the first line as well which already had me in a foul mood. Apparently there's a 3-D version as well? Ffs!

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Aug 2014, 10:04 am

GODZILLA - Terrible, I was rooting for Gozdilla to level the entire f***ing planet. The "hero" was a guy so bland it made me all misty eyed for the likes of Channing Tatum. Brian Cranston didn't die, he committed suicide so he didn' have to be in this piece of sh!t any longer.

Godzilla decides to dispatch the MUTO by blasting a laser/blue fire thing into it's head after days of pi$$ing about with "hand to hand" combat. Durrrrrr, if you could do that, why didn't you do it before approximately seven million people were killed and quadrasquillion dollars worth of damage was caused...ya ret@rd!?!?!?!?!

Oh yeah, should have put a spoiler alert there but f**k the lot of you. If you're dumb enough to watch it after this 2review" then you deserve everything you get.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 26 Aug 2014, 1:03 pm

Lucy.

This is one hell of a frustrating film. Scarlett Johansson's character Lucy is unwittingly cast into the drug mule business and thanks to some particularly nasty thug types, she ends up with some drugs sewn into her bowel. After a kicking the package of course bursts and the drug (which is never fully explained) basically allows he brain to access more than the usual 10% of its cerebral capacity. Cue some of the most lazy fight scenes in the history of cinema, all interspersed with a meeting with professor Morgan Freeman (unconvincing) and a French cop (blank space) whilst all the time being chased by the Asian drug lord and his numerous (and seemingly rubbish) henchmen.

The ending is just plain ridiculous. It's as though the scriptwriters had a REALLY good idea for the bulk of the film and then just didn't know what to do with it. There are some amusing bits but it's not very well put together. It is a bit disappointing. Potential was there - it just wasn't realised. 5.5/10

Last edited by Mr Bounce on Tue 26 Aug 2014, 6:00 pm; edited 3 times in total

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 26 Aug 2014, 3:52 pm

Hercules - meh, just mirin the Rock.
Filth - neither big or clever and not very entertaining.
Mississippi Burning - old but a great watch.

Last trailer I watched: Mad Max Fury Road; actually looks pretty good. Original director on board with Hardy taking the place of Gibson.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 26 Aug 2014, 6:48 pm

Noah.

Jesus f*cking H Christ it was bad.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 26 Aug 2014, 9:38 pm

You could see that a mile off, who even wants to see a film about a farfetched bible story these days anyway. Saying that, the up-coming film about Moses with Christian Bale looks decent, looks as if it's based more towards the actual Moses who was a general.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Aug 2014, 9:37 am

The Saint wrote:You could see that a mile off, who even wants to see a film about a farfetched bible story these days anyway. Saying that, the up-coming film about Moses with Christian Bale looks decent, looks as if it's based more towards the actual Moses who was a general.
You see what you did there...you took a fairy tale character and made out that he was real.

That's just silly!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 27 Aug 2014, 4:54 pm

Ed Moses was real. Make a film about him.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 27 Aug 2014, 5:30 pm

superflyweight wrote:Ed Moses was real.  Make a film about him.  

Remi Moses was real, make a film about him. Cast Denzil as Ron Atkinson, controversy sells.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 27 Aug 2014, 5:54 pm

What about a crossover religious epic/exploitation slasher film called "Moses Basketcase". Moses and Aaron are formerly conjoined twins (can't say 'Siamese' anymore folks) out to seek revenge on the Egyptian doctors who made a hash of separating them.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 28 Aug 2014, 10:19 am

Watched the new Total Recall...The other day..I had been avoiding it.

It reminded me how much I liked Arnie back in the day......

Never remake an Arnie film.....Sure you can act better..........But he's larger than life..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Aug 2014, 1:49 pm

superflyweight wrote:Ed Moses was real.  Make a film about him.  
They did..."The Man with one red shoe"

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Fri 29 Aug 2014, 12:40 am

had a lend of a spaghetti western dvd that i loved when i was young called my name is trinity .not a lot of plot but it starts with him being dragged by his horse , fast asleep in a kind of wooden hammock . films never the same when you grown up . still loved it tho :-) getting around soon to see the sequel .they still call me trinity .

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 29 Aug 2014, 10:24 am

"The Big silence" was a gem of a spaghetti...

Klaus Kinski at his best......In this one he kills wanted men in front of their families..Is generally a right b**t**d and then kills the sheriff and the handsome good guy in the end and rides off into the sunset..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 29 Aug 2014, 11:34 am

Spoliers, Truss, spoliers.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 29 Aug 2014, 11:45 am

B**tard to get hold of Super..........More chance of seeing JFK back in the white house..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 29 Aug 2014, 12:11 pm

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Great-Silence-DVD-Klaus-Kinski/dp/B002KM9V3I/ref=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1409310677&sr=1-2&keywords=the+big+silence

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 29 Aug 2014, 12:12 pm

TRUSS wrote:"The Biggreat silence" was a gem of a spaghetti...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 29 Aug 2014, 12:13 pm

I'm getting old Mate.....

I stand corrected...Great watch though..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next