The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forgetting Who's the Best or Achievements - Name Your Current Favourite 5 Fighters

+13
Mr Bounce
hazharrison
azania
Lance
6oldenbhoy
BoxingFan88
catchweight
Union Cane
TopHat24/7
TRUSSMAN66
Steffan
Rowley
Strongback
17 posters

Go down

Forgetting Who's the Best or Achievements - Name Your Current Favourite 5 Fighters  Empty Forgetting Who's the Best or Achievements - Name Your Current Favourite 5 Fighters

Post by Strongback Fri 04 Oct 2013, 4:39 pm

Forget who is the best etc just focus on the fighters who you have a lot of time for.

Picking only current fighters who's your Top 5?

Here's mine:

Mikkel Kessler.
Miguel Cotto
Sergio Martinez
Andy Lee
Anthony Crolla

I would have had Wlad in there but I think he is overdoing the "I am a gentleman" shtick.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Forgetting Who's the Best or Achievements - Name Your Current Favourite 5 Fighters  Empty Re: Forgetting Who's the Best or Achievements - Name Your Current Favourite 5 Fighters

Post by Rowley Fri 04 Oct 2013, 4:41 pm

Wlad
Kessler
Quigg
Frampton
Groves

Would have been Froch until recently but do think he has come across as a prize prat in the Groves build up.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Forgetting Who's the Best or Achievements - Name Your Current Favourite 5 Fighters  Empty Re: Forgetting Who's the Best or Achievements - Name Your Current Favourite 5 Fighters

Post by Steffan Fri 04 Oct 2013, 4:42 pm

Nathan Cleverly
Amir Khan
Mikkel Kessler
Tyson Fury
Floyd Mayweather Jr

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 04 Oct 2013, 4:44 pm

Mayweather
Stephenson
Golovkin
Quigg
JMM

Pet peeves............The Smith boys.............Too many ordinary fighters getting too much attention because their Mum and Dad were too frisky.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 04 Oct 2013, 4:52 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Mayweather
Stephenson
Golovkin
Quigg
JMM

Pet peeves............The Smith boys.............Too many ordinary fighters getting too much attention because their Mum and Dad were too frisky.

Are you aware of Stephenson's shady past or is it everybody deserves a second chance?

Thought you might have had room for Derry.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 04 Oct 2013, 4:55 pm

Rowley wrote:Wlad
Kessler
Quigg
Frampton
Groves

Would have been Froch until recently but do think he has come across as a prize prat in the Groves build up.

Froch would have been a shoe in previously due to how genuine he's been over the years. I don't know why it happened but his weird side has gone into freak overdrive.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 04 Oct 2013, 4:56 pm

Gamboa
Rigo
Mickey Garcia
Groves
GGG

Agree with Truss' pet peeves, though the youngest lad looks a touch good.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 04 Oct 2013, 4:57 pm

Strongback wrote:
Rowley wrote:Wlad
Kessler
Quigg
Frampton
Groves

Froch would have been a shoe in previously due to how genuine he's been over the years. I don't know why it  happened but his weird side has gone into freak overdrive.
Yeh, Froch would've had a spot in mine before all the dancing rubbish.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 04 Oct 2013, 5:01 pm

Don't much mind the dancing stuff toppy, will never begrudge a guy making a few extra quid, it is all the desperate craving for megastar status that is beginning to grate with me and how dismissive he is of Groves, as if Groves has a temerity even considering sharing a ring with him. Just does not really suit him. The most frustrating thing for me is having met Froch (albeit briefly) is he is a nice guy really.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 04 Oct 2013, 5:01 pm

Strongback wrote:
Stephenson
Golovkin
Quigg
JMM

Are you aware of Stephenson's shady past or is it everybody deserves a second chance?

Am I picking on personalities or who I like to watch..

Stop being silly and looking for little stupid things all the time..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 04 Oct 2013, 5:04 pm

Rowley wrote:Don't much mind the dancing stuff toppy, will never begrudge a guy making a few extra quid, it is all the desperate craving for megastar status that is beginning to grate with me and how dismissive he is of Groves, as if Groves has a temerity even considering sharing a ring with him. Just does not really suit him. The most frustrating thing for me is having met Froch (albeit briefly) is he is a nice guy really.
To me it was more what the dance show represented: 1) craving for fame and recognition; and 2) being pushed around by his missus who was clearly the one who really wanted to do it. Carl just wanted to be noticed.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 04 Oct 2013, 5:09 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
Stephenson
Golovkin
Quigg
JMM

I was being genuine. Not everybody knows Stevenson did time for running prostitution and assault etc.

When I say favourite I mean fighters that you like from a character point of view. Maybe I should have made that clearer. My picks aren't of the fighters I think are the most interesting to watch.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 04 Oct 2013, 5:09 pm

Fury
Froch
Eubank Jr
Wlad
Choi
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 04 Oct 2013, 5:11 pm

Strongback wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
Stephenson
Golovkin
Quigg
JMM

I was being genuine.  Not everybody knows Stevenson did time for running prostitution and assault etc.

When I say favourite I mean fighters that you like from a character point of view.  Maybe I should have made that clearer.  My picks aren't of the fighters I think are the most interesting to watch.
I'm not being funny Mate but it doesn't say that in the thread...........You jumped on my post like you always do......

Just calm down..read my stuff and learn something instead..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 04 Oct 2013, 5:13 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:To me it was more what the dance show represented: 1) craving for fame and recognition; and 2) being pushed around by his missus who was clearly the one who really wanted to do it.  Carl just wanted to be noticed.
Didn't watch it to be fair top hat, would feel like I was cheating on Strictly.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 04 Oct 2013, 5:16 pm

The no nonsense ones like Kovalov and Golovkin. Why waste time with words when you could be knocking someone out? I feel a bit sorry for Rigondeaux as well. Even though he is a stinker. Hes been horribly promoted and will more than likely make no money from his career despite his talent deserving it. Nobody will even put him on an undercard these days.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 04 Oct 2013, 5:18 pm

catchweight wrote:The no nonsense ones like Kovalov and Golovkin. Why waste time with words when you could be knocking someone out? I feel a bit sorry for Rigondeaux as well. Even though he is a stinker. Hes been horribly promoted and will more than likely make no money from his career despite his talent deserving it. Nobody will even put him on an undercard these days.
I like your style...........actions speak louder than words

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 04 Oct 2013, 5:35 pm

I'm a fan of all british fighters so I won't list them.

Great thread, there aren't many fighters that I don't like but here are my favourites...

Juan Manuel Marquez
Nonito Donaire
Miguel Cotto
Floyd Mayweather
Sergio Martinez

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Fri 04 Oct 2013, 6:25 pm

In no particular order:

Rigondeaux
Frampton
GGG
Santa Cruz
Lomachenko

Don't understand why Rigo is called a stinker. Granted the Donaire fight wasn't an all time classic, but Rigo did what he had to do. Donaire did absolutely nothing, the knockdown aside, and this seems to get sweep under the carpet. The Marroquin fight was decent. There were about six knockdowns in the Kennedy fight. The way he finished off Ramos was great to watch. The only other time I've seen Rigo disappoint was the Cordoba fight and if I remember that correctly that was more to do with Cordoba than Rigo.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 04 Oct 2013, 6:55 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
Stephenson
Golovkin
Quigg
JMM

I was being genuine.  Not everybody knows Stevenson did time for running prostitution and assault etc.

When I say favourite I mean fighters that you like from a character point of view.  Maybe I should have made that clearer.  My picks aren't of the fighters I think are the most interesting to watch.
I'm not being funny Mate but it doesn't say that in the thread...........You jumped on my post like you always do......

So you "have a lot of time for" a pimp and a women beater then?

You just picked the best fighters you could think of so you couldn't be accused at a later date of liking a fighter that was a loser.

I remember when you were a big Haye fan when he was winning. Dropped him like a hot snot after Wlad beat him. Same reason you're orgasmic about Floyd now.

You're as transparent as a pane of glass.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri 04 Oct 2013, 7:07 pm

Bernard Hopkins
Audley Harrison
Andre Dirrell
Flloyd Mayweather
Chris Arreola

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri 04 Oct 2013, 7:09 pm

Strongback wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
Stephenson
Golovkin
Quigg
JMM

You just picked the best fighters you could think of so you couldn't be accused at a later date of liking a fighter that was a loser.

I remember when you were a big Haye fan when he was winning.  Dropped him like a hot snot after Wlad beat him. Same reason you're orgasmic about Floyd now.

does it matter to you why he likes someone? It certainly doesn't sound like you want to debate it, just stick the knife in as usual

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 04 Oct 2013, 7:15 pm

Khan
Fury
Floyd
Groves
Haye

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 04 Oct 2013, 7:19 pm

Strongback wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
Stephenson
Golovkin
Quigg
JMM

I remember when you were a big Haye fan when he was winning.  Dropped him like a hot snot after Wlad beat him. Same reason you're orgasmic about Floyd now.

You've lost the plot Mate..rose 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 04 Oct 2013, 7:24 pm

Lance wrote:
Strongback wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
Stephenson
Golovkin
Quigg
JMM

does it matter to you why he likes someone? It certainly doesn't sound like you want to debate it, just stick the knife in as usual

I don't care but why come to a thread about fighters you have a lot of time for and then post up a pimp and a fighter with more drug allegations around him than any other fighter in the sport.

He just picked winners. Pointless. Everybody else got what the thread was about. I suppose they can read.

Anyone who shows the blind support for Truss you have puts himself in a category. No need to spell it out.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 04 Oct 2013, 7:26 pm

Gentlemen please.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 04 Oct 2013, 7:27 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
Stephenson
Golovkin
Quigg
JMM

You've lost the plot Mate..rose 

I have a plot.

You're just one lost soul, swimming in a fish bowl, year after year.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 04 Oct 2013, 8:33 pm

Gary Sykes
Kid Galahad
Carl Frampton
Scott Quigg
Jazza Dickens

Struggled with this - world scene is devoid of characters or likeable stars. Like Fury, too. And Chisora. Their honesty cracks me up.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 04 Oct 2013, 8:35 pm

Floyd
GGG
Froch (I actually like him, because he delivers - most of the time anyway...)
Pascal
Stiverne

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 04 Oct 2013, 8:51 pm

Martinez
Froch
Pacquiao
Mathysse
Ojay Abrahams

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri 04 Oct 2013, 8:56 pm

Mr Bounce wrote:Floyd
GGG
Froch (I actually like him, because he delivers - most of the time anyway...)
Pascal
Stiverne
I like Stiverne, hes been seriously underrated and overlooked since beating Arreola

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 04 Oct 2013, 8:58 pm

Favourites all time:

Tommy Hearns
Joe Frazier
Nigel Benn
Lennox Lewis
Felix Trinidad

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri 04 Oct 2013, 9:02 pm

hazharrison wrote:Favourites all time:

Tommy Hearns
Joe Frazier
Nigel Benn
Lennox Lewis
Felix Trinidad
Lewis
Eubank
Morales
Hopkins
Sanders

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 04 Oct 2013, 9:09 pm

Froch (for his fight all comers, home or away attitude)
JMM
Martinez
Cotto
Mattysse

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 04 Oct 2013, 9:10 pm

Strongback wrote:
Lance wrote:
Strongback wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
Stephenson
Golovkin
Quigg
JMM

I don't care but why come to a thread about fighters you have a lot of time for and then post up a pimp and a fighter with more drug allegations around him than any other fighter in the sport.

He just picked winners.  Pointless.  Everybody else got what the thread was about.  I suppose they can read.

Anyone who shows the blind support for Truss you have puts himself in a category.  No need to spell it out.
Why do you take life so seriously???........You're getting hot over nothing Mate.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 04 Oct 2013, 9:16 pm

Tommy Hearns
Joe Frazier
Nigel Benn
Lennox Lewis
Felix Trinidad
Take out Lewis and you got four pleasers there.............My list is..........

Curry
Bramble
Holmes
Chavez
Mayweather

When I'm not swimming in a fish bowl year after year going........ glub glub glub.........Cool 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 04 Oct 2013, 9:25 pm

Lance wrote:

Tommy Hearns
Joe Frazier
Nigel Benn
Lennox Lewis
Felix Trinidad
Lewis
Eubank
Morales
Hopkins
Sanders
I was always a Barrera and Benn man.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by titaniumjaw Fri 04 Oct 2013, 9:45 pm

My favourite 5 at the no are
Truss
Strongback
Lance
Mayweather
Garcia

Haha

titaniumjaw

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Fri 04 Oct 2013, 10:23 pm

Donaire
Guerrero
Molina
Matthysse
Maidana

I find myself routing for Floyd more these days than I used to and also quite like Danny Garcia's attitude so both narrowly miss out.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down