The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Price v Chisora ordered by the BBBofC

+13
jimdig
Steffan
djlovesyou
azania
bellchees
catchweight
wheelchair1991
hogey
hazharrison
Seanusarrilius
TRUSSMAN66
Union Cane
Strongback
17 posters

Go down

Price v Chisora ordered by the BBBofC Empty Price v Chisora ordered by the BBBofC

Post by Strongback Fri 11 Oct 2013, 8:02 am

By Steve Lillis - BoxNation

DAVID PRICE has been ordered to defend his British heavyweight title against European champion Dereck Chisora.

The British Boxing Board of Control will open purse bids on November 13, and the fight must take place by the end of February 2014.

It is likely to be a triple title contest with Price's Commonwealth and Chisora's European strap on the line.

Warren also won the purse bids for Jon Lewis Dickinson's British cruiserweight title contest  against hard-hitting Neil Dawson.

A date is likely to be announced later this month.

The Board also confirmed in their circular that Stephen Smith is due to defend his British super-featherweight crown against Gary Sykes in Liverpool on December 7.

Anthony Crolla will challenge Martin Gethin for the British lightweight championship at Manchester's Phones 4u Arena on November 23.

Chris Eubank Jr withdrew from his final eliminator against Nick Blackwell where the winner was guaranteed a crack at British middleweight champion Billy Joe Saunders.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Price v Chisora ordered by the BBBofC Empty Re: Price v Chisora ordered by the BBBofC

Post by Union Cane Fri 11 Oct 2013, 8:13 am

Pulev is mandatory for the European. Can't see this one coming off, far too risky for Price.

He'll probably vacate to concentrate on bigger and better things. I wonder how much stick he will get if he does.

Last edited by Union Cane on Fri 11 Oct 2013, 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Price v Chisora ordered by the BBBofC Empty Re: Price v Chisora ordered by the BBBofC

Post by Strongback Fri 11 Oct 2013, 3:15 pm

Nobody up for this one?

Does Price bottle it?

Does Price even take the fight?

Can Chisora live with Price's power.

Will the fight happen if Price signs for Matchroom?

Frank allowed Ryder on his promotion. Would Eddie return the favour by getting the Price v Chisora fight on?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 11 Oct 2013, 3:22 pm

Surprised Chisora is bothered by anything the BBBC says or does........

After all they became a laughingstock when luxembourg sanctioned a fight with haye and then they accepted Warren and Chisora back.........

Pitiful, useless and Spineless Boxing board of no control..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 11 Oct 2013, 3:23 pm

Price can't take a fight this risky so soon after two defeats. Can't blame him either.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 11 Oct 2013, 3:39 pm

It's a good fight for both men -- a real 50-50 fight. I say Price accepts the fight -- depends whether Del has something bigger lined up -- he's on a good run.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 11 Oct 2013, 3:45 pm

Won't happen...........though it a way back for Price........

Warren has a gold mine in Chisora.........If he loses he can just assault someone or spit in a face..

and he becomes marketable again.........

Price may finish his career..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 11 Oct 2013, 3:53 pm

Price would be mad to take this fight, he needs to regroup take a few low pressure fights and build confidence.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 11 Oct 2013, 3:56 pm

Price has a time problem amongst others........

Joshua will be moved a long quickly..............Hughie Fury looks decent and a prospect though it is early to tell how good of one.......He'll be moved quickly..

Fury and Haye are the here and now and Chisora resonates........

Price needs to move soon or chances are he'll be frozen out when Hughie and Joshua become more experienced.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 11 Oct 2013, 4:07 pm

The last thing Price needs is a fight with one of the most durable heavyweights out there, he can afford to take his time far more than he can afford a third loss in a row. This is the sort of fight he should consider a year from now when he has some confidence and a few wins under his belt and got his conditioning sorted.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Fri 11 Oct 2013, 4:28 pm

I see price vacating getting a few wins then fighting for the british title again in 2015

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 11 Oct 2013, 5:35 pm

Not a good fight for Price if hes trying to bounce back. Price to crap himself before the fight and get stopped half way through if it does go ahead.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Fri 11 Oct 2013, 5:57 pm

Who does Price fight instead?

I don't think taking a step back and knocking over the John McDermotts of this world in a round is going to help, he's done that once and it didn't prepare him for an average contender like Thompson. He needs to fight someone who will take him past halfway but can't punch so it might as well be Chisora so he makes some money doing it. I honestly can't think of a similar type of fighter who will give him any rounds without knocking him over at some point, maybe someone who knows the lowers rungs of the division better than I do could suggest someone. Chisora would probably be a slight favourite but time isn't on Prices side so I think he should take the shot while it's there.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 11 Oct 2013, 6:03 pm

bellchees wrote:Who does Price fight instead?

I don't think taking a step back and knocking over the John McDermotts of this world in a round is going to help, he's done that once and it didn't prepare him for an average contender like Thompson. He needs to fight someone who will take him past halfway but can't punch so it might as well be Chisora so he makes some money doing it. I honestly can't think of a similar type of fighter who will give him any rounds without knocking him over at some point, maybe someone who knows the lowers rungs of the division better than I do could suggest someone. Chisora would probably be a slight favourite but time isn't on Prices side so I think he should take the shot while it's there.
Spot on post.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 11 Oct 2013, 6:22 pm

Price will bottle it again. He bottled the Fury fight when initially offered to him. He bottled it when the fat 41 year old actually had the temerity to punch back.

Once your bottle drops.........

Interestingly I hear no stick aimed at him. If only he were a gipsy.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Fri 11 Oct 2013, 6:36 pm

I'm glad you've found your angle for supporting Fury now Az. When everyone was bigging Price up you could support Fury in your usual contrary manner. Now Price has been found out you're stuck having to show support for someone you would normally have zero interest in supporting.

The whole downtrodden gypsy thing is a really good bonus, as if that's the actual reason people don't like him.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 11 Oct 2013, 6:40 pm

djlovesyou wrote:I'm glad you've found your angle for supporting Fury now Az. When everyone was bigging Price up you could support Fury in your usual contrary manner. Now Price has been found out you're stuck having to show support for someone you would normally have zero interest in supporting.

The whole downtrodden gypsy thing is a really good bonus, as if that's the actual reason people don't like him.
When everyone was bigging Price up I was a lone voice saying he was a Wedgwood. I guess I was correct although some strange voices still claim he is in possession of an iron chin. Laughable I know.

When he is constantly being referred to as a "pikey" on here, I guess I'm not far from the truth. But denial is your forte.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 11 Oct 2013, 6:44 pm

David Price is the new Audley Harrsion for the next generation

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 11 Oct 2013, 6:56 pm

Price didn't bottle out of a Thompson rematch.........

He may not be good...........But I don't think he lacks bottle........

No evidence of that....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Fri 11 Oct 2013, 7:11 pm

A good fight for price. It's time he fought or hung them up. Chisora is proven the upper end domestic. Haye and fury can claim to be ahead. Price has knocked over the rest of the domestic cans, so Chisora is his perfect next fight.
What's the alternative? Sexton, rogan? If price is off to fast Eddie though is a fight with frank probable?

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 11 Oct 2013, 7:26 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Price didn't bottle out of a Thompson rematch.........

He may not be good...........But I don't think he lacks bottle........

No evidence of that....

Turning his back to Thompson when he was getting hit in the 2nd fight didn't look good.

In saying that confidence is his biggest problem. Looked very nervous on the ring walk for the 2nd fight.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 11 Oct 2013, 7:26 pm

What has that got to do with not bottling out of a rematch........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 11 Oct 2013, 7:30 pm

Any human being who steps into a professional boxing ring has balls the size of melons. But in boxing terms, he bottled it against Thompson as soon as Thompson hit back.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 11 Oct 2013, 7:32 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:What has that got to do with not bottling out of a rematch........

I was adding to the discussion not having a pop at you.

Do you suffer from insecurity?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 11 Oct 2013, 7:36 pm

Can we have some calm please and some reasoned debate ffs?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Fri 11 Oct 2013, 8:51 pm

Price should not take it and it wont be a bottle, he has come off the back off two huge defeats, and clearly needs one or two fights to get him self back in gear before taking on a Euro champ.

Thats not saying he wont win, but its a big risk where he should be able to take a step back.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 11 Oct 2013, 8:53 pm

Price could get a warm up fight in before February.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 11 Oct 2013, 8:59 pm

So you guys want him to duck Chisora?

I reckon the BBBC want rid of this chump as their champion as they know that he'll duck Chisora and will have to strip him of the title and let decent fighters with a boxers heart contest it. Him turning his back on Thompson must have been embarrassing for them and to all British fight fans.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 11 Oct 2013, 9:09 pm

The Chisora v Price must happen in February or Price forfeits the title.

Price could fight in December and then February.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 11 Oct 2013, 9:15 pm

He'll fight Bogdan the builder in Feb.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 11 Oct 2013, 10:26 pm

Strongback wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:What has that got to do with not bottling out of a rematch........

Yeah I feel really challenged by you.........Why quote me then ???

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 11 Oct 2013, 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 11 Oct 2013, 10:28 pm

Your trying Truss. You doing well thumbsup

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 11 Oct 2013, 10:57 pm

Bogdan the Builder?

Suppose we could compare him to Prajkic the Barman who floored Fury.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 11 Oct 2013, 11:30 pm

That punch would have made Price an Evertonian.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 11 Oct 2013, 11:36 pm

Haha or he would have took it and carried on?

Who knows.

He got stopped twice by a decent operator, an operator that's above anything fury has faced.

I think we seem to forget that Price wasn't dropped by a barman ot a blown up cruiser.

He was stopped by a decent world ranked fighter.

Cant wait to see Haye land. That's should be great.

His fist will detonate on Tysons chin and that's all she wrote.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 11 Oct 2013, 11:47 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Strongback wrote:

You said: "But I don't think he lacks bottle"

That was the part of your post that triggered my response. I wasn't having a pop.

Lighten up son.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 12 Oct 2013, 12:20 am

Here we go again. Some refuse to see. You sound like a bloke who got caught sha99ing a floosie then denying it when his wife catches him in the act. This guy has been dropped more times than a hooker drops her (or his depending on your persuasion) thongs. Even Fury dropped him with an arm punch.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sat 12 Oct 2013, 2:55 am

Price by own his admission crapped in has pants against a joke like Thompson. People need to get reall.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by sparxz Sat 12 Oct 2013, 8:59 am

This match should be made, good contest. There is a possibility of an early price ko, but think chisora would put the pressure on and try to smoother prices early work hopefully going into the later rounds to see what endurance price has if he paces himself.

My prediction price win via ko within 4

sparxz

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Sat 12 Oct 2013, 9:56 am

Strongback wrote:

The Board also confirmed in their circular that Stephen Smith is due to defend his British super-featherweight crown against Gary Sykes in Liverpool on December 7.

Nobody picked this one up... I guess as the thread is about Price but...
That's the Frank Warren show.

I read that the board were in agreement with Warren that his contract with Stephen Smith was sound and he wasn't free to sign to Matchroom.

So any ideas what may happen with this one?

Smith has to fight Sykes but can they move the fight to the Matchroom bill they were talking about or does he have to fight in Liverpool as per this circular?

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 12 Oct 2013, 10:00 am

Against a "joke" like Thompson?

The guy who had only lost to Wladamir and Pulev?

at least he has fought some decent names and has been willing to fight decent names unlike the names fury and price fought ie. Cunningham, McDermott, Prajkic, Maddelone, Rogan, Sexton.......YDKSAB

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Sat 12 Oct 2013, 10:21 am

Thompson was supposed to be an easy night's work for Price.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 12 Oct 2013, 10:29 am

Strongback wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Strongback wrote:

You said: "But I don't think he lacks bottle"

That was the part of your post that triggered my response.  I wasn't having a pop.

Lighten up son.
Okay enough already......save it for someone who finds you interesting.

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Sat 12 Oct 2013, 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down