The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by NickisBHAFC on Sun 06 Oct 2013, 8:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

Lamela is the biggest waste of money ever

NickisBHAFC

Posts : 11664
Join date : 2011-04-24
Location : Sussex

Back to top Go down


Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by Guest on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 5:04 pm

didn't say they would get relegated, just stated their position.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by PaulHv2 on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 5:45 pm

4-1 against WBA, happy with that result. Decent side under Clarke so to put four past them is good. Our big test is on the horizon against Arsenal, first real test for both sides in the league.
PaulHv2
PaulHv2
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9043
Join date : 2011-02-24
Age : 32

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by Duty281 on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 5:50 pm

United will win the league this season - good ticker showed there to make a comeback. Moyes out? United fans don't know what misery is - the team I support haven't won a league game at home since last April, haven't kept a clean sheet for 2 months, the skipper and best player has been injured for a month, they lost a cup game in midweek on pens after being in the lead 3 times, and lost today 0-1 to the most ordinary of teams in a bloody gale. That's misery.

Duty281

Posts : 22638
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 25
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by NickisBHAFC on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 5:51 pm

Stuff of Champions from United there this afternoon!


NickisBHAFC

Posts : 11664
Join date : 2011-04-24
Location : Sussex

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by Duty281 on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 5:57 pm

Quite right sir, although I rather do suspect the undertone of sarcasm.

They played poorly and won. They kept their heads in troubled times. They got 3 points, something which wouldn't have been the case a couple of weeks ago. Champions, sneaking in under the radar.

Crafty Moyes, crafty United.

Duty281

Posts : 22638
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 25
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by kingraf on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 5:58 pm

if it makes you feel better, Duty, the South African team I support dissolved.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16160
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 26
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by NickisBHAFC on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 5:59 pm

Duty281 wrote:Quite right sir, although I rather do suspect the undertone of sarcasm.

They played poorly and won. They kept their heads in troubled times. They got 3 points, something which wouldn't have been the case a couple of weeks ago. Champions, sneaking in under the radar.

Crafty Moyes, crafty United.
I wasn't being sarcastic, it reminded me of there comeback against Villa when Macheda bursted onto the scene. It takes a lot of mental strength to come from behind to win and it is what Champions do. United may kick on from here.

NickisBHAFC

Posts : 11664
Join date : 2011-04-24
Location : Sussex

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by kingraf on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 6:00 pm

I'm quite willing to bet a substantial amount of the little money I have left after my Odyssey to Ethiopia that Utd won't win the league
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16160
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 26
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by Guest on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 6:01 pm

Like they kicked on after beating Sunderland?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by Duty281 on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 6:02 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Quite right sir, although I rather do suspect the undertone of sarcasm.

They played poorly and won. They kept their heads in troubled times. They got 3 points, something which wouldn't have been the case a couple of weeks ago. Champions, sneaking in under the radar.

Crafty Moyes, crafty United.
I wasn't being sarcastic, it reminded me of there comeback against Villa when Macheda bursted onto the scene. It takes a lot of mental strength to come from behind to win and it is what Champions do. United may kick on from here.
I do apologise, and yes, you could very well be right.

Duty281

Posts : 22638
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 25
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by Ent on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 6:32 pm

Listening to 606 here listening to people justifying booing at or. Quite frankly embarrassing.

Nani getting slaughtered when he assisted a goal, he hasn't been brilliant but he's been one of our better players so far this season.

Ent

Posts : 7337
Join date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by GSC on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 7:36 pm

United will fire at some point but you can't leave too much to do. Make victories over meh teams at home look like hard work
GSC
GSC

Posts : 39570
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 28
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by Ent on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 7:39 pm

I doubt they will truely sync in and fire - not prepared properly for games, slow starts and conceding a lot of early goals and quite far behind already with generous home games already played.

Ent

Posts : 7337
Join date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 7:42 pm

Felt like a game Fellaini would have been good in. Needed his presence in the box today at the least and he can out scrap Stoke players.

Still, they won, without looking good. Januzaj was cracking when he came on. Pundit on the stream I watched was right, Kagawa and Rooney occupy too similar a space at times. I do think their link up during the Socieded game proves they can perform very well together, but they need to work on their balance when RVP is ahead of them

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 23607
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 31
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by Ent on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 7:44 pm

It wasn't a championship game so I doubt fellani would have been any use.

Yes kagawa was a pointless buy as whilst he is a good player we've better players in his best position.

Ent

Posts : 7337
Join date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by Barcello on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 8:03 pm

Whats ur favourite position ent Wink

Barcello

Posts : 4
Join date : 2013-10-26

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by Guest on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 8:05 pm

Barcello wrote:Whats ur favourite position ent Wink
DISSionary

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by Duty281 on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 8:12 pm

Barcello wrote:Whats ur favourite position ent Wink
A rather interesting first post!

Duty281

Posts : 22638
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 25
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by Barcello on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 8:29 pm

Yes thought id start off with a bang-forgive the pun Wink

Barcello

Posts : 4
Join date : 2013-10-26

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 8:51 pm

I generally try to have a rule not to discuss Manchester United when Manchester United fans are around.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 23607
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 31
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by Ent on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 8:59 pm

Por que?

Ent

Posts : 7337
Join date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by Guest on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 9:06 pm

i'm not a united fan, they were truly awful today & consistently proving what a bad side this currently is, even against the bottom half teams. Go up against the quality & they get smashed 4-1 vs City or lose @ Anfield. United are in no-man's land, continually showing no creative spark & having to bring on Janujaz to bail the side out is quite frankly embarrassing. Fellaini was bought for nearly £30m, yet he can't even get a game. Horrifying signing. Moyes on many occassions at home has looked desperational, out of his depth & many of his wins are just 'papering' over the cracks. You'd expect United to kick on but people were saying that after Sunderland & it did not happen. I can't see United or Moyes somehow transforming this team into a good side this season, it's going to need at least 12 months & two or three key summer signings.

Sorry if people don't agree with my Giroud comment, just the way I see it i'm afraid. Possibly now the only area which needs significant improvement for Arsenal to really step up on all fronts & in europe.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by NickisBHAFC on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 9:09 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I generally try to have a rule not to discuss Manchester United when Manchester United fans are around.
Laugh 

NickisBHAFC

Posts : 11664
Join date : 2011-04-24
Location : Sussex

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by GSC on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 9:11 pm

Giroud isn't world class but a lot of sides would be better for a goalscorer like him. Probably the best forward in London in fairness
GSC
GSC

Posts : 39570
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 28
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by Guest on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 9:12 pm

GSC wrote:Probably the best forward in London in fairness
You can't be serious!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by NickisBHAFC on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 9:13 pm

GSC wrote:Giroud isn't world class but a lot of sides would be better for a goalscorer like him. Probably the best forward in London in fairness
Please be kidding.

NickisBHAFC

Posts : 11664
Join date : 2011-04-24
Location : Sussex

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 9:14 pm

Tough one today. I mean we've had nearly 30 odd shots and somehow not scored. The players have to take some responsibility for that.

Yet Mackay made a change at half time, to nullify our first half threat, and he did. Yet it took Hughton until the 86th Frak minute to change the system, despite us going nowhere. Utter shambles. That game was crying out for two up top with 20 minutes left, Cardiff didn't pose any sort of threat 2nd half.

Sorry but same problems exist as last season. We should be beating teams like Cardiff, Villa at home. Simply not good enough, I'm pretty much wanting him gone now.

Don't know what happened with the Fer thing at the end, had to go to work!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Posts : 47631
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 25
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by GSC on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 9:15 pm

I'd have Giroud over everyone at Chelsea. Soldado is the only one I'd have in the conversation.

Dunno when it became such a negative to have a knack of putting the ball in the net
GSC
GSC

Posts : 39570
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 28
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 9:30 pm

John wrote:Hughton can still go after that dull 0-0. Remember reading the endless posts on Fer, RVW & Hooper.....basically people creaming themselves pre-season. Reality is 18th in the EPL
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Posts : 47631
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 25
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by NickisBHAFC on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 9:32 pm

Olly wrote:Tough one today. I mean we've had nearly 30 odd shots and somehow not scored. The players have to take some responsibility for that.

Yet Mackay made a change at half time, to nullify our first half threat, and he did. Yet it took Hughton until the 86th Frak minute to change the system, despite us going nowhere. Utter shambles. That game was crying out for two up top with 20 minutes left, Cardiff didn't pose any sort of threat 2nd half.

Sorry but same problems exist as last season. We should be beating teams like Cardiff, Villa at home. Simply not good enough, I'm pretty much wanting him gone now.

Don't know what happened with the Fer thing at the end, had to go to work!
I haven't seen the Fer thing, but it sounded like against the letter of the law the goal should of stood. But the referee made in my opinion the correct and respectful decision in spirit of the game to disallow the goal. Sounds like Fer was a bit of an embarrassment to Norwich city football club.

NickisBHAFC

Posts : 11664
Join date : 2011-04-24
Location : Sussex

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by Guest on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 9:34 pm

Olly wrote:
John wrote:Hughton can still go after that dull 0-0. Remember reading the endless posts on Fer, RVW & Hooper.....basically people creaming themselves pre-season. Reality is 18th in the EPL
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear
sorry Olly but I see no improvement under Hughton. I know you want to keep him but drawing at home to Cardiff just is not good enough. 18th? Surprised you dont want to see something done.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 9:37 pm

John wrote:
Olly wrote:
John wrote:Hughton can still go after that dull 0-0. Remember reading the endless posts on Fer, RVW & Hooper.....basically people creaming themselves pre-season. Reality is 18th in the EPL
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear
sorry Olly but I see no improvement under Hughton. I know you want to keep him but drawing at home to Cardiff just is not good enough. 18th? Surprised you dont want to see something done.
I'm talking more on the players part more than the Hughton part. Read my post above for my thoughts on Hughton, I've had enough. Simply not good enough.

We're so so easy to defend against. We have one tactic, get the ball wide and cross. No invention, nothing. Our plan B is to bring on Elmander and hoof it. We don't attack at pace, we let teams get set, it's just so embarassing watching us under Hughton. These players are so much better than that. God knows how many City will thump past us next week
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Posts : 47631
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 25
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by Guest on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 9:38 pm

John wrote:
Olly wrote:
John wrote:Hughton can still go after that dull 0-0. Remember reading the endless posts on Fer, RVW & Hooper.....basically people creaming themselves pre-season. Reality is 18th in the EPL
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear
sorry Olly but I see no improvement under Hughton. I know you want to keep him but drawing at home to Cardiff just is not good enough. 18th? Surprised you dont want to see something done.
He does and has said so in an above post.

Who was creaming anyway?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by NickisBHAFC on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 9:38 pm

With the money Norwich have spent they should be looking for a top half finish. With the way they are going right now, if i was a supporter of Norwich, i would bite you're hand off for survival. Which isn't improvements on last season which i believe was there expectations and therefore they have taken a big step backwards. I like Hughton though, hope he can sort Norwich out.

NickisBHAFC

Posts : 11664
Join date : 2011-04-24
Location : Sussex

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 9:38 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:
Olly wrote:Tough one today. I mean we've had nearly 30 odd shots and somehow not scored. The players have to take some responsibility for that.

Yet Mackay made a change at half time, to nullify our first half threat, and he did. Yet it took Hughton until the 86th Frak minute to change the system, despite us going nowhere. Utter shambles. That game was crying out for two up top with 20 minutes left, Cardiff didn't pose any sort of threat 2nd half.

Sorry but same problems exist as last season. We should be beating teams like Cardiff, Villa at home. Simply not good enough, I'm pretty much wanting him gone now.

Don't know what happened with the Fer thing at the end, had to go to work!
I haven't seen the Fer thing, but it sounded like against the letter of the law the goal should of stood. But the referee made in my opinion the correct and respectful decision in spirit of the game to disallow the goal. Sounds like Fer was a bit of an embarrassment to Norwich city football club.
I don't think it's an embarassment what he did (just seen it), it's a goal. I'd like to have thought we'd let Cardiff go down the other end and score though, no idea why the ref has disallowed it seems to be making rules up as he went along
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Posts : 47631
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 25
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by GSC on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 9:39 pm

Leroy Fer was preseason Jesus and going to earn a move to a big team next season.

GSC
GSC

Posts : 39570
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 28
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 9:40 pm

And if people actually you know watched us, you'd realise Fer has been pretty darn good.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Posts : 47631
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 25
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by NickisBHAFC on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 9:41 pm

Fer is a cracking player, no denying that.

NickisBHAFC

Posts : 11664
Join date : 2011-04-24
Location : Sussex

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by GSC on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 9:42 pm

You'd have to pay me well to watch Hughtons Norwich
GSC
GSC

Posts : 39570
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 28
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by NickisBHAFC on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 9:44 pm

GSC wrote:You'd have to pay me well to watch Hughtons Norwich
Laugh 

NickisBHAFC

Posts : 11664
Join date : 2011-04-24
Location : Sussex

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 9:45 pm

Well only gets easier, Utd and City away this week, then West Ham at home.

Personally now hope that he's gone by the time that Hammers game comes around, before it's too late.

Was prepared to give him 10 games at the start of this season, he's had 9 and it's pretty clear to me nothing has changed, and nothing will change unless the manager changes. #hughtonout

-------

https://www.606v2.com/viewtopic.forum?t=49160
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Posts : 47631
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 25
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum