The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best of the PS3?

+4
Hero
jimmyinthewell68
MIG
Dr Gregory House MD
8 posters

Go down

Best of the PS3? Empty Best of the PS3?

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun 27 Oct 2013, 1:51 am

When I heard the dawn of the 8th generation of consoles was nearly upon us I was shocked, not because 7 years isn't a big enough gap between consoles but because, for most of the past 5 years mine has been lying pretty much unused, in fact between GTA4 (which I found disappointing) and GTA5, I didn't actually purchase a game for it, partly due to the proliferation of 1st Person Shooters that seemed to be the 'must have' games (I hate FPS's) and the shocking price that some of them cost.

But I must admit my recent experiences with GTA5 have renewed my love of gaming (especially as I'll soon get a chance to play it properly when I finally reclaim my PS3 from my missus' house where we've been using it to play Netflix for the past year) and it occurred to me, that many games that may have tickled my fancy over the past few years will be coming down in price, and with the release of the PS4 should only get cheaper.

So far I have requested Red Dead Redemption and Arkham Asylum for Xmas, and I thought it would be a good idea to put it to the 606 faithful, what would you recommend as the 'must buy' games from the lifespan of the PS3? a greatest hits if you will, and maybe I can finally get the enjoyment out of my PS3 that everyone else seems to have got for the past 7 years

All suggestions are welcomed, thank you Smile 

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Best of the PS3? Empty Re: Best of the PS3?

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun 27 Oct 2013, 1:56 am

Just so people know the games I already own are,

Fifa 08, Little Big Planet, Some Ghostbusters game (came with the console), Killzone 2 (a birthday present that ashamedly I've played once) and the aforementioned GTA 4 & 5

I doubt that many of these will make any lists given (unless I'm seriously overlooking the Ghostbusters game) but just so you know.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Sun 27 Oct 2013, 6:37 am

Red Dead is a great shout if you like GTA. Also I would highly recommend Skyrim. Only game apart from GTA and Red Dead that has completely blown me away, it is truely amazing.
I hate FPS's too by the way!!!  
Oh and Fifa 13 is good. Don't know about 14 yet waiting till Xmas.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Sun 27 Oct 2013, 8:29 am

fallout 3      ,  fallout  New Vegas  .  skyrim  , dead space  1 , 2 and 3 .     the drakes fortune games   .oh and bio shock games too

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 27 Oct 2013, 9:25 am

LBP2
Flower
Walking Dead Game
Mass Effect 2
Last of Us

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sun 27 Oct 2013, 9:41 am

Uncharted
The Last of Us
Mass Effect 2
Metal Gear Solid Series.
Red Dead

etc.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by silverfox Sun 27 Oct 2013, 4:52 pm

Pretty much all the games mentioned already are awesome, but I would add Dark Souls to the list. Love that game.

silverfox

Back to top Go down

Post by pscott Sun 27 Oct 2013, 5:17 pm

Red dead is pretty epic and from a story basis and execution of it it's better than gtav.

The last of us was marvellous.

If you want something different flower and journey were good

pscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Sun 27 Oct 2013, 5:55 pm

With each passing next gen console I find I'm buying less and less games for them, in the end I find myself searching PSN or Steam for indie titles to bring back my spark for gaming.

That with standing there was a few games I really enjoyed on the PS3, some were outstanding some were just a bit original in a genre that may have grown stale. These are the games I rate as the best the console has to offer for me, though in no particular order.

1) Demon/Dark Souls
2) Catherine
3) Valkyria Chronicles
4) Journey
5) Limbo
6) Resonance of Fate
7) Portal 2
8) Trine 2
9) El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
10) Vanquish

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by pscott Sun 27 Oct 2013, 6:04 pm

Catherine is a prime slice of bonkers, what about Deadly Premonition?

Dr Gregory House MD I have a Playstation Plus code from back in June , might not still be valid but it gets you Uncharted 3 single player I think and a couple of others.

Its only for a month but message me if you want to give it a try anyway

pscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sun 27 Oct 2013, 6:10 pm

Dass wrote:With each passing next gen console I find I'm buying less and less games for them, in the end I find myself searching PSN or Steam for indie titles to bring back my spark for gaming.

That with standing there was a few games I really enjoyed on the PS3, some were outstanding some were just a bit original in a genre that may have grown stale. These are the games I rate as the best the console has to offer for me, though in no particular order.

1) Demon/Dark Souls
2) Catherine
3) Valkyria Chronicles
4) Journey
5) Limbo
6) Resonance of Fate
7) Portal 2
8) Trine 2
9) El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
10) Vanquish

I can't believe I'm not the only one!! Vanquish was awesome shame it was only a 7 hour long game though!!!

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Sun 27 Oct 2013, 6:32 pm

Deadly Premonition is well strange to say the least in some parts brilliant in others completely awful. If you can cope with the awful there's much to like about the game especially in its storytelling and character portrayal. It was worth the experience but I'm not really sure even now if it was an enjoyable one Smile

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by pscott Tue 29 Oct 2013, 3:19 pm

I also enjoyed Resistance 3, it has a reasonable story. I really didn't get on with the first two. The first one especially really showed as a launch title, I felt anyway.

pscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum