The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saying hello

+2
Duty281
The Fourth Lion
6 posters

Go down

Saying hello Empty Saying hello

Post by The Fourth Lion Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:52 am

Hello everybody. I am new to the site and would just like to introduce myself...........

I am a former military man, now rather long in the tooth but not quite ga-ga yet. Well, not completely. Not quite.

I played football, rugby union, cricket, athletics, and badminton regularly during my sporting days, mostly to United Services standard and never once had a run-in with a referee or umpire (at least, nothing that ever led to official action, anyway), indeed, after my playing abilities waned to the point where I could no longer merit a place in the team I became a football referee and cricket umpire. The Me'm Sahib didn't want me around the house, cluttering the place up on a Saturday. She actually enjoyed being a sport widow. I was never quite sure how I should take that.

I enjoyed eleven years officiating but eventually decided enough was enough and succumbed to the joys (?) of traipsing around Morrison's, pushing a trolley and listening to she-who-must be obeyed complaining about the price of haddock. And to think of all the years that I thought supporting Charlton Athletic was stressful............

But I'm only kidding. It's not that bad. Sport is still a wonderful panacea for all the ills of the world. We may complain about this or that, but when all is said and done, it is only a game..... and that is a truth some lose sight of, occasionally. It really IS only a game.

I still enjoy the beer and the banter of my local rugby club but nowadays say "no thanks" to the curries. It's for the best. The social side of sport is the part we should enjoy the most. That's really why I've decided now, to try a discussion forum. I might not be very good at this, but I'll give it a bash.

I look forward to chatting with you all about this and that. Please be gentle with me.

The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Saying hello Empty Re: Saying hello

Post by Duty281 Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:00 am

You sound like a lovely chap.

Welcome to the forum. thumbsup 

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:27 pm

Welcome Lion

Support a football team?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:15 pm

If you read his post it says he supports Charlton Olly.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:50 pm

Fourth Lion - a slightly belated but nonetheless warm welcome to the forum. Good to have another poster (there are actually a few of us) who remembers technology-free cricket and understands that football existed before SKY! Very Happy 

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:05 am

Welcome to the forum Lion. Your description suggest you are a free minded person with no back talks. It would be interesting, discussing with you.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum