The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congratulations

+6
Liam_Main
Derbyblue
ADMIN
David Tails
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Adam D
10 posters

Go down

Congratulations Empty Congratulations

Post by Adam D Mon May 16, 2011 6:15 am

Well done to Rangers on being crowned SPL champions.

What do you think the summer holds for the newly crowned SPL champs? Do you think that the new owner will give Ally any money to buy anyone decent. Who do you think will leave?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Congratulations Empty Re: Congratulations

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon May 16, 2011 6:45 am

Congradulations to Rangers as much as it pains me to say it the experience of their players and manager in a title run gave them the edge.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Mon May 16, 2011 6:55 am

prettyboykev wrote:Congradulations to Rangers as much as it pains me to say it the experience of their players and manager in a title run gave them the edge.

I completely agree with PB here. They just had that mental edge that often comes with experience of winning championships.

I have to admit; it's a fitting end to his managerial career for Walter.

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon May 16, 2011 7:01 am

I also think that the support that the Celtic fans and Lennon's comments were a great gesture. He has his detractors but after all that he has had to put up with over the past few weeks etc then I felt he came across very dignified.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon May 16, 2011 7:48 am

Lennon is a legend at Celtic and will always be treated as such. The more he is hated by others the more he is loved by the Celtic fans.

The supporting comments he received from McCoist, Smith and the Rangers supporters trust may just have mended some of the bridges that were broken this season.

We can only hope because it has been an entertaining season on the park although with what has gone on it is easy to forget that.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon May 16, 2011 8:14 am

prettyboykev wrote:Congradulations
Can't believe DT - Spelling police! Missed that.

Congratulations to Rangers, on another SPL title, it will be interesting to see what happens to the team over the summer.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Mon May 16, 2011 8:30 am

Congratulations Rangers! Just had the edge over Celtic.Brilliant end for Walter too after some excellent seasons at the club.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon May 16, 2011 10:13 pm

Yeah congrats, no complaints from me, I've said all season if we got 90 points we'd win the league, we got 92 and it wasn't good enough so it just goes to show Gers level of consistancy

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon May 16, 2011 10:24 pm

As a neutral (hell I'm not even Scottish) I like to think I can bring a fairly balanced view to the Celtic/Rangers debate. I get to hear both sides of the story as regular golfing and drinking buddies are from Glasgow and represent both sides of the Old Firm divide (yes we can sometimes all be seen on the golf course with lumps of metal in hand - I often wonder how the Rangers and Celtic fans can keep themselves from beating each other to death with 8-irons.

Anyway, I can't help but think that a lot of Celtic's shortcomings this season are their own fault when they started to believe some of the more ridiculous conspircy theories that broke out.

Maybe if they had concentrated more on the job in hand rather than worrying that the whole world was against them, they may have just squeaked it

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon May 16, 2011 10:31 pm

Davie the conspiracy theories have been around for years. They are just nonsense. I think it was just Rangers experience that got them over the line. They hit good form when the split started as well.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon May 16, 2011 10:56 pm

Davie I know what you're saying but Celtic only dropped 22 points out of 114, with a brand new team with litte title winning experiance, sometimes you've just got to hold you're hands up and say the other team did a bit better

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue May 17, 2011 3:01 am

Having watched the SPL regularly for the last 13 years now, I can say from an unbiased view point that I thought that the Celtic team this year, has the best potential of any SPL team of the last few seasons.

Lennon has assembled a great (and importantly young) squad. I still cant figure out how they didnt win it!

Having said that, I also feel that in the 13 years I have been in Glasgow, the best team and formation I have seen, was Rangers under Paul Le Guen. If Murray had backed him instead of Ferguson, that team would have been real challengers in Europe eventually.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue May 17, 2011 4:25 am

Hobo I think you might still be waiting on that one mate.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue May 17, 2011 4:52 am

I know! I have mates who are Rangers fans (I have Celtic friends as well) and only one agreed with me!

When Leguen was in charge, they played high tempo agressive footy - it was a joy to behold. The only thing they couldnt do was put the ball in the net.

They had Sebo at the time - he was awesomely awful!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue May 17, 2011 5:17 am

Le Guen was a good continental manager but he never knew the game up here. Maybe if he had been gven time and made some changes to tha way they played he might have done well but you don't get much time at the Old Firm. I thought he looked clueless. McLeish was one of the best that either have had he actually did get little money to spend and had domestic and European success.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu May 19, 2011 11:22 am

I remember PLG's first two games with Rangers, they looked brilliant but they couldn't defend for toffee, I don't think it was near Dick Advocaat's team between 98-00 or the Celtic side between 2000-04

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu May 19, 2011 11:58 am

the-gaffer wrote:I remember PLG's first two games with Rangers, they looked brilliant but they couldn't defend for toffee, I don't think it was near Dick Advocaat's team between 98-00 or the Celtic side between 2000-04

The team McCleish had in 02/03 was a right good side as well. Stopped a very good Celtic team winning the league and managed to complete a treble.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Thu May 19, 2011 12:13 pm

Dunno how there were a few shocking players.

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri May 20, 2011 4:22 am

02/03 was my best season as a Celtic fan and we didn't win a thing, the night in Oporto will live with me forever

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck Norris Mon May 23, 2011 7:18 am

The 02/03 team was the best team i haver ever seen in my Rangers supporting career. Was my first year as a season ticket holder as well.

Some great players like
Klos
Amorouso
Numan
De Boer
Cannigia
Ferguson
Arteta
Arvaladze
Returning Michael Mols

Then again we had some woeful players
Kevin Muscat
Jerome BOnniseell
Dan Eggen
Lovenkrands - blew hot & cold.

The 6-1 game will always be remembered & that image of Arteta celebrating the 6th goals will forever be in my head...

Chuck Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down