The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TNA cut ties with OVW

3 posters

Go down

TNA cut ties with OVW Empty TNA cut ties with OVW

Post by Hero Sun 03 Nov 2013, 1:55 pm

It's been announced overnight that TNA have ceased working with OVW as part of their relocation back to Florida, there's no word yet on the development talent such as the Blossom Twins, Rockstar Spud, Rob Terry etc and if they will be moving to Florida.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

TNA cut ties with OVW Empty Re: TNA cut ties with OVW

Post by talkingpoint Mon 04 Nov 2013, 4:36 am

What does this mean for the company? I`m assuming they cut ties as part of their rescaling operation as a matter of sheer survival? However, does this mean that Gut Check will also be affected? Is this the end of Gut Check too? Where will the winners go if TNA no longer have a developmental territory? Will the wrestlers who are currently undergoing further development be future endeavoured as a result? It`s hard to accomodate a large roster when you only have two hours of TV time a week.

I`ve never paid too much attention to the incessant rumour mills about TNA being in crisis but the recent serious of events this year has made me fearful (despite the wrestletalk articles to the contrary). With returning to Universal Studios how much money does TNA get from the Park in ticket sales? Do they get a percentage of the gate sales for the overall park as an attraction within it? How is the company making its money? TV deals? Merchandise? DVD sales? What exactly is their business model and is it sustainable?

Are the company ever going to have the capital to go back on the road permanently? And will it have the fanbase to support them in the future? I also question whether the latest "evolution" of the company is really progress? The whole "where the action never ends" social media 24/7 thing is a misnomer as it`s mostly backstage intervews (hardly action packed!). They already have the podcast and the regularly bracing for impact articles on the website. I`m just not sure what they hope to gain from this social media drive? What is the subscription buyrate like for their youtube channel? Have they found another niche to exploit? Or are they following another dead end?

If Jerrett is in now in charge of creative is this a good or bad thing? I can`t think he could be any worse than Bischoff and he will have far more personal investment in the franchise to want to see it do well. However, will the Carter`s eventually pull the plug if they get no offers should the recent rumours about TNA being up for sale be true?

If TNA folds, many people will look back and mock, but I think it will be a real shame that a company that has tried so hard to offer a real alternative to the WWE should be resigned to a relative footnote in wrestling history compared to their 90`s counterparts WCW and ECW.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 04 Nov 2013, 7:03 am

talkingpoint wrote:What does this mean for the company? I`m assuming they cut ties as part of their rescaling operation as a matter of sheer survival? However, does this mean that Gut Check will also be affected? Is this the end of Gut Check too? Where will the winners go if TNA no longer have a developmental territory? Will the wrestlers who are currently undergoing further development be future endeavoured as a result? It`s hard to accomodate a large roster when you only have two hours of TV time a week.

I`ve never paid too much attention to the incessant rumour mills about TNA being in crisis but the recent serious of events this year has made me fearful (despite the wrestletalk articles to the contrary). With returning to Universal Studios how much money does TNA get from the Park in ticket sales? Do they get a percentage of the gate sales for the overall park as an attraction within it? How is the company making its money? TV deals? Merchandise? DVD sales? What exactly is their business model and is it sustainable?

Are the company ever going to have the capital to go back on the road permanently? And will it have the fanbase to support them in the future? I also question whether the latest "evolution" of the company is really progress? The whole "where the action never ends" social media 24/7 thing is a misnomer as it`s mostly backstage intervews (hardly action packed!). They already have the podcast and the regularly bracing for impact articles on the website. I`m just not sure what they hope to gain from this social media drive? What is the subscription buyrate like for their youtube channel? Have they found another niche to exploit? Or are they following another dead end?

If Jerrett is in now in charge of creative is this a good or bad thing? I can`t think he could be any worse than Bischoff and he will have far more personal investment in the franchise to want to see it do well. However, will the Carter`s eventually pull the plug if they get no offers should the recent rumours about TNA being up for sale be true?

If TNA folds, many people will look back and mock, but I think it will be a real shame that a company that has tried so hard to offer a real alternative to the WWE should be resigned to a relative footnote in wrestling history compared to their 90`s counterparts WCW and ECW.
great post.

They are in trouble for sure but I do think that someone will buy them and they will continue in some capacity.

The money will be coming from TV deals - they have a really good overseas coverage and have just signed a big deal in France or Germany (cant remember).

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down