The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Press Releases

+2
Driver
Fluxy
6 posters

Go down

Press Releases Empty Press Releases

Post by Fluxy Fri 08 Nov 2013, 10:42 pm

Post any press releases here such as Match reports , 'A' team games , transfer gossip and anything else which springs to mind.

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Press Releases Empty Re: Press Releases

Post by Driver Mon 11 Nov 2013, 6:10 pm

Toulouse confirm a change at the top

Toulouse have announced a slight tinkering to the there coaching staff with English coach Driver taking over as Director of Rugby. Driver joins the club ahead of the new multi continental rugby league which Toulouse are expected to be a top 4 side but know they need to add players in order to compete.

Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Mon 11 Nov 2013, 6:13 pm

Toulouse also add Will Greenwood , Serge Blanco and Scott Johnson to there coaching set up.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Wed 13 Nov 2013, 8:45 pm

Toulouse sign Lions and England hooker Tom Youngs

Press Releases Tom_Youngs50

Toulouse have bolstered there front row options with the addition of England and Lions hooker Tom Youngs. Youngs joins the French side keen to nail down the 2 shirt for the upcoming inagaural super season.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Thu 14 Nov 2013, 12:56 pm

Racing signal their intent

Today head coach Bathite, announced the signing of world class All Black back Ben Smith. "Ben is a player that we've been watching for a few seasons now and haven't been quite able to sign. I'm delighted that we've secured his services, as he provides a world class option at 13, wing and full back. With Ben and Juan Martin, we've now got two supreme ball players that can cover a number of positions."

Smith will most likely lineup in the 13 jersey, outside Jamie Roberts, forming an exciting centre combination.

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 14 Nov 2013, 1:45 pm

Sharks announce new coaching set up and captain.

At a press conference this morning at Kings Park Stadium in Durban The Sharks announced the arrival of Englishman Ozzy3213 as their Director of Rugby for the inaugral World Super League season.  It was revealed that South African World Cup winning coach Jake White, who recently returned to the franchise from the Brumbies would take on the role of technical advisor.  Recently retired former Springbok captains John Smit and Victor Matfield will have responsibiilty for coaching the teams forwards, with former ASM Clermont Auvergne and Northampton Saints coach Alex King coming in to take charge of the backs.  Director of Rugby Ozzy3213 had this to say;-

"I'm delighted to have the opportunity to come here to Natal and take charge of the side as we seek to make a mark in the new Super League.  We have some world class players within the squad already and also now a world class coaching set up as well."

It was then announced that the club had signed Italy captain Sergio Parisse from Stade Francais, and that he would captain the squad this season.

"Once Stade Francais didn't get a place in the league Sergio was a player that I was very keen to get hold off.  He also wanted to come and play in this league, and once talks were opened it was clear that him and the club were a great fit for each other.  With only Leicester Tigers from the Aviva Premiership and nobody from the Rabo Pro 12 making the cut for this league, there are number of world class players in the Northern Hemisphere who are actively looking for contracts.  We have a few of them on our radar, and I would hope to be able to announce some further signings over the coming weeks."
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 20 Nov 2013, 5:55 pm

Sharks sign Saints duo

The Sharks today announced the signing of internationals Courtney Lawes and George North from Northampton Saints.  Second row Lawes arrives fresh from starring for England in their autumn series, whilst George North has left the Welsh national squad such was his desire to link up with the Natal based franchise.  Sharks director of rugby Ozzy3213 had this to say;-

"I am absolutely delighted to have signed two such quality players.  Courtney has been excellent for England this autumn and looks to have really matured having been given the responsibility of leading the lineout.  If he can continue to develop that aspect of his game whilst keeping his abrasiveness and athleticism in other areas then he will be well on the way to becoming a world class lock.  I am really looking forward to seeing him and Pieter-Steph du Toit performing as a pair.

George is simply word class and showed that whilst terrorising Australia with the Lions in the summer. He will give us excellent options in the backline where we can use him coming infield on the crash ball, on the outside in space or as a dummy option."

Ozzy3213 then confirmed that he is currently in talks with Harlequins over Danny Care and hoped to make an announcement in the next 24 hours.

Last edited by Ozzy3213 on Sun 24 Nov 2013, 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Fri 22 Nov 2013, 10:30 am

Southern Hemisphere stars sign up to Racing

With the recent announcement of Springbok Andries Strauss arriving at Racing, that brings the total number of Southern Hemisphere signings to 4, alongside Brodie Retallick, Ben Smith and Francois Louw.

All four players are world class and within the very best in their position. We are delighted to have secured all four players, all in different sections of the team, which gives us a world class core.

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 24 Nov 2013, 9:18 pm

Sharks add Bruno, Michalak, Care and O'Connor to their ranks

The Sharks today announced the signings of French duo Sebastien Bruno and Freddie Michalak, along with England international scrum half Danny Care and Australian utility back James O'Connor.  At a media session where the players were introduced to the press, director of rugby Ozzy3213 spoke about what each player brings to the franchise;-

"What we have to remember is that this is a South African team, and how we play will always have a South African feel to it.  by that I mean we will always be physical and attritional and look to win those battles.  We have already added Courtney Lawes and Sergio Parisse to our pack who bring those qualities, and Seb (Bruno) will add to that.  What we wanted to do was bring something else behind the pack, and Freddie (Michalak) was a firm favourite in his previous time here.  He will really provide some x factor for us either at 9 or 10.  

Danny (Care) is just the sort of 9 we needed and I was delighted to tempt him away from Harlequins.  He provides real impetus and is threat around the fringes, which always buys time for your 10, which will enable ours to play flat, which is where we want him to be.  James (O'Connor) is just a special talent.  he comes here determined to show what he is really all about and turn himself into a world class 15.  We will be doing everything we can to help him achieve that, as if he does that can only be a good thing for us."

Ozzy3213 then refused to comment on rumours that Sharks representatives had been spotted in Cardiff, Swansea and Dublin in the past 48 hours.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Tue 26 Nov 2013, 8:34 pm

Flux speaks of anticipation before their home Game this weekend.
The new director of rugby at the South African franchise the Stormers has had a busy period prepping his side for their first league in the newly created Super League. He stated it was a delight for his side to be invited after the demise of the Heineken cup allowed the creation of this exciting tournament in its place. 

Flux spoke briefly about the pre-season he has been undergoing with his squad and the chance he has to bring some new faces to his side;

"The lads have been chomping at the bit to get stuck into their pre-season and are really excited to kick off an exceptional league with a big win this weekend. 
We have managed to bring in some brilliantly talented players in the off season as well. First we managed to snap Will (Genia) up out of contract from the Reds, and then managed to sign up Owen (Farrell) and they will be both vital into how we are looking to play the game. Both are highly talented players when it comes to controlling the game and knowing when to probe and attack and have some of the best skills sets in the world. On top of them we managed to convince Damien (Chouly), Nathan (Hines) and Nicolas (Mas) to all leave France and also prevent Sean (O'Brien) from moving to France as well. These lads will add to our already impressive pack and bring some proven quality into our young and developing side.'

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 27 Nov 2013, 12:03 am

Clermont ring in the changes

ASM Clermont Auvergne, frustrated by Vern Cotter's departure for Scotland, lack of European Silverware and recently invited to the inaugural pan-continental Super League, have brought in ChequeredJersey, previously known for his work leading Saracens to Amlin Cup victory, as their new manager.

ChequeredJersey has made his mark by spending a good sum of money made available by the club on some star quality as well as making some bold trades. Trading club stalwarts and internatiobals Wesley Fofana and Julien Bonnaire to Toulon for Juan Manuel Fernandez Lobbe and Matthieu Bastareaud has met some criticism in various quarters, though the players were happy with the execution of the deal. Less controversial was the signing of All Blacks Aaron Cruden, Sam Cane and Ma'a Nonu, and the acquirement of promising South African prop Frans Malherbe, hooker Corey Flynn, and lock Andries Bekker, even with Damien Choully, Vincent Debaty, Mike Delany and Nathan Hines parting ways amicably.

The city of Clermont waits on tenterhooks for the results of the club's first match away to the Sharks in South Africa, and to see what gameplan CJ implements with his classy French squad. Rumor also has it that talks are underway with Northampton Saints to buy out highly rated England flanker Tom Wood's contact, further adding to the leadership of the pack
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Thu 28 Nov 2013, 10:34 am

Racing Metro secure British and Irish Lions Legend!

Today Metro head coach announced the signing of tight head Adam Jones on a 3 year deal. "We structure our game plan around a solid set piece and forward dominance. We've signed Adam to be the cornerstone of our scrum, giving us a huge foundation to work from"

Jones forms a formidable front row combination along with Andries Strauss and Soane Tonghu'ia that will line up this weekend.

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 29 Nov 2013, 12:55 pm

Crusaders ready for assault on the Super Rugby League

Crusaders Rugby are very happy to announce BamBam as their new Director of Rugby. BamBam is a relative newcomer to this kind of role, but has shown his talent working with Exeter Chiefs in the Aviva Premiership.

BamBam has elected to keep faith with the coaching team who led Crusaders to the semi finals of the Super 14 last season, with Todd Blackadder staying on as head coach.

He has been busy adding to the squad, adding front row forwards Dylan Hartley, Vincent Debaty, and some real sparkle to the back line with Jonathan Pelissie, Jonathan Davies and Israel Folau joining the ranks.

BamBam gave a press conference earlier - 'I am really excited by our new arrivals, I believe we have strengthened in the key areas we needed to. I am particularly excited to see the new backs combine with the likes of current All Blacks Dan Carter, Ryan Crotty and Israel Dagg, expect some fireworks from our team.'

BamBam also surprised the reporters by letting slip that he was awaiting authorisation from Super Rugby League headquarters to bring in the man they call Gorgodzilla - Georgian forward Mamuka Gorgodze. 'Mamuka will give us real go forwards anywhere in the back 5 of the pack. He has shown his quality in the Heineken Cup, and I look forward to the possibility of him linking up with our captain and vice captain, McCaw and Read in a dangerous back row'

Crusaders fans - prepare yourself for a wild ride

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 02 Dec 2013, 9:29 pm

Sharks start the season in killer style

Speaking after the Sharks 28-19 win against ASM Clermont Auvergne in their opeing World Super League fixture, director of rugby Ozzy3213 was full of praise for his teams performance;-

"I'm absolutely delighted to have got off to a winning start, particularly in front of our fans in Durban.  ASM are one of the top teams in the league and came really hard at us out there, and I was pleased with the way we fronted up, especially in the pack.  All of our forwards I thought were excellent, and really got on top physically, which is essentially what won us the game.  

In the backs we lacked a bit of cohesion with all the new faces in there, but I thought Pat (Lambie) controlled the game well for us, and deserved the try that he got.  It's a shame that we couldn't quite kick on and grab that fourth try for the bonus point, but ASM are no mugs and defended resolutely in that final 10 minutes when we were pushing hard for it.  With another weeks training behind us I am sure we will see a bit more fluidity from 9 to 15."

Talk then turned to this weeks trip to France to take on four time Heineken Cup champions Stade Touloussain;-

"It's a tough place to go to for sure, but we are relishing the challenge.  They got off to a good start with a big win this week, and have some big boys in their pack, so I suspect it won't be one for the faint hearted.  We managed to get through our first game without picking up any injuries, so I will have some selection decisions to make this week.  The team are flying over to France on Wednesday, and will make our final decisions on the team after training on Thursday, but whoever plays I am sure we will give a good account of ourselves."

Questions were then asked regarding rumours circulating that the Sharks were on verge of signing Australian international Quade Cooper;-

"I don't think it's any secret that we have made an offer to buy him out of his contract with the ARU for a season, and I am flying out immediately after the press conference to meet with him and his representatives in Paris.  He is keen to come here, but is awaiting assurances from the ARU that it won't affect his selection with the Wallabies, and I understand that issue is close to being resolved.  If we can get the deal finalised quickly he will join up with the team in the south of France and could be in contention for selection this week."
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Mon 02 Dec 2013, 9:47 pm

Toulouse begain season in a powerful display against woeful tigers

Toulouse started there season with a strong flexing of there forward might using there cannonballs in the pack to blow Tigers away. The French outfit scored trys through Thiery Dusitour , Luke McCallister , Mike Hooper and Cencus Johnstone with Leigh Halfpenny adding 13 points from the boot in the impressive victory.

Director of Rugby Driver had this to say:

We used our game plan down to a tee , Tom Youngs hit his jumpers all day long and that allowed us to tie the forwards in and get our rolling maul going and we bagged two tries from it when Dus and CJ crossed. Daan Humaan (Forwards coach) and Raf Ibenez (Scrum Coach) saw this as a potential weakness in the Tigers side and we exploited it. Jano was brilliant in his direction of the maul and overall dictatorship of the forward pack.

On Michael Hooper and Remi Tales debuts;

Mike and Remi where fantastic out there. Mike is a bit of a maverik in the back row in the sense he probably covers more ground than anyone of the pitch including the Ref! He took his try really well when we shortend the line and he hit a great line to go straight over the top of his defender. Remi controlled things very well and produced a lovely delayed pass for Mac to score on Tuilagi's outside shoulder. I was happy with everyone from 1 to 23 out there.

On this week's selection (Tom Youngs dropping out)

Tom was unlucky when we picked the team this morning , we decided we wanted to go for a more scrummaging approach with Sharks bringing a good scrum and Chilliboy is a big scrummager and won't give a inch there. Tom coming off the bench late on aswell would be hard for any team to contain as he brings so much too the game with his intensity.

Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 04 Dec 2013, 10:13 am

Sharks freshen up the pack to maintain intensity.

Sharks director of rugby Ozzy3213 announced the team to face Toulouse this week at an early morning press conference at the teams training base just outside of Toulouse.  Having arrived yesterday evening the team were preparing to train this morning, as Ozzy3213 spoke to reporters.

"Starting with the pack, we've decided to make a couple of changes to the starting line up.  We were very physical last week, and will need to be again against this Toulouse pack, and we wanted to keep things fresh, and if possible to up our physicality level again.  As a result, Cian Healy and Marcell Coetzee will start this weekend, replacing Beast and Sam Warburton, who will be on the bench.  It will be up to the guys who come on this week to provide the same sort of impact that Cian and Marcell did last time out, and then give me another selection headache for next week.

We know this will be a battle, and there are one or two faces in the Toulouse pack who are familiar to our guys.  I know that Jannie and Bismarck are looking forward to getting stuck into Gurthro (Steenkamp) and Chilliboy (Ralapelle) at the set piece, and I imagine that there will be some sparks that fly there.  Overall we know that the two key things for us in the pack will be intensity and accuracy, and that's what we will be working on this week.

Behind that we've gone for an unchanged backline.  We've a few new faces in there, and I think it is important for us at this stage to get some continuity and allow them the opportunity to express themselves.  We know that we have some real world class talent out there, and the more familiar they get with each others play, the better it will be for us.  

We've left the 23 jersey open for the time being.  As you can see, Quade (Cooper) is here and training with us, but at present we still have some negotiating to do with the ARU and as a result he's not yet registered to play for us.  If we can get that tied up in the next 24 hours it's likely that he will be on the bench for us this week, otherwise Paul Jordaan will continue in that role."
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Wed 04 Dec 2013, 11:22 am

Ozzy, your PR man is keen!!!

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 07 Dec 2013, 10:22 pm

Bathite wrote:Ozzy, your PR man is keen!!!
I was on late shifts this week, and was sat at home bored in the mornings! Laugh 
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Mon 09 Dec 2013, 12:43 am

Toulouse prepare for trip to New Zealand to face Crusaders.

Toulouse are set to fly out to New Zealand tomorrow morning landing in Christchurch at 10pm in which the team will hit the sack at a nearby hotel before commensing training on Tuesday , Thursday and Friday with the Toulouse squad paying tribute to the victims of the Christchurch earthquakes on the Wednesday.

Toulouse will be bringing new signing Ruan Pienaar who has been training with the squad since Friday but had a delayed visa. Toulouse are expected to make a few changes to the side which played Sharks. Patrico Albacete, Christian Lealiifano and Maxime Medard are expected to come into the side.

On Pienaar

'Jano is playing very well and Ruan will have to work hard to win that shirt off him , Jano and Remi suit each other as players but Ruan will control the game more when on the field.

Rumoured Toulouse team

1.Guthro Steenkamp
2.Tom Youngs
3.Cencus Johnstone
4.Yoann Maestri
5.Patrico Albacete
6.Thiery Dusitour 
7.Michael Hooper
8.Louis Pickermoles

9.Jano Vermaak
10.Remi Tales
11.Hosea Gear
12.Christian Leiliifano
13.Florian Fritz
14.Maxime Medard
15.Leigh Halfpennt

16.Christopher Tolafua 17.Antonio Guillimon 18. Vasil Kakovan 19.Joe Tekori 20.Yannick Nyanga 21.Jean Marc Doussain 22.Gael Fickou 23.Ruan Pienaar
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 13 Dec 2013, 10:33 pm

Sharks DoR Ozzy3213 lays his cards on table at pre match press conference.

At a pre match press conference today Sharks director of rugby explained his team changes and spoke of his expectations for the weekends game against the Stormers.

"We've made a few changes to pack and they are purely tactical.  We know that the Stormers are a physical side, and we want to match that, but we also need to be smart.  For that reason we wanted Sam (Warburton) to start, but we also wanted the power that Willem (Alberts) and Marcell (Coetzee) bring, so Willem will move to the second row.  He is exceptionally strong locking out the scrum, and will compliment our front row in that aspect of the game.  Beast has come back in the front row, as we just wanted that familiarity in our unit.  The three guys starting have played together at club and international level for a number of years and know each others games inside out, which hopefully will gives as an extra couple of percent advantage over their guys who are just getting used to each other.  At this level small margins make huge differences, and will be trying to make sure we have the edge in as many areas as possible.

In the backs we Francois (Steyn) will be on the bench this week, with Quade (Cooper) coming in at 10.  We want to play ball in hand and nobody is better at making things happen playing that way than Quade.  He'll have the familiarity of his international team mate James O'Connor outside him at 12, and the back up of Pat Lambie's kicking game at 15.

Make no mistake, this game is huge, with us the only two South African sides in this league, and it will be a real battle up front.  As long as we can get parity there we feel we have a bit more creativity from 10 to 15 to make things happen.  We know they have some strong defensive players who tackle well, but if you are being made to tackle constantly, even the fittest blokes will get tired and that is when gaps appear which can be exploited.  That's how we want to play, it's no secret, and there approach is no secret either.  They will come hard, again, and again, and again, and we will need to be ready for that, which we are.  I expect us front up, and then make the class in our backline tell."
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue 17 Dec 2013, 9:25 am

Racing Metro acquire Lions stars
Following a couple of tough games to start the season, we have moved quickly to secure some world class talent at 8 man and scrum half, with the signings of Toby Faletau and Ben Youngs.

Its an area that we've identified as a bit of a weakness, so we are delighted to such strength in the spine of the team.

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 15 Jan 2014, 11:35 am

Sharks make it five out of five

The Sharks this week extended their winning start to the season to 5 league games with a comprehensive win away at Welford Road. Inspired by half backs Danny Care and Quade Cooper the Durban based franchise ran in 5 tries to earn the bonus point which sees them 5 points clear of ASM Clermont Auvergne at the top of the table. Director of Rugby Ozzy3213 had this to say;-

"I thought we played some good stuff out there and the result was great reward for the effort that the players put in. Of course it's great to be sat top after a really good start to the campaign, but it counts for very little, as they don't give out the trophies at this stage of the season. We now have two home games in the league, with Racing Metro visiting the Shark Tank this week. They've started to find some form after a slow start, and we know that being top means we have a massive target on our backs. We will have to prepare well and play even better, so it's good to be welcoming George North back from injury this week."
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Wed 22 Jan 2014, 9:14 am

Metro sign in form duo

Racing Metro are delighted to announce the arrival of Samoan international Joe Tekori and French international Jean Marc Doussain.

"We've been looking for more squad depth to allow us to rotate a bit more and create some competition for places. Our pack is really well set up in the set piece and the breakdown, but we identified the need for another ball carrier. Joe is the perfect man to deliver this added grunt and his impact initially from the bench will be a huge lift for the club."

"Jean Marc has been in sparkling form for Toulouse and has been rightfully called up for the Six Nations for France. When we learned that he might be available, we moved quickly to secure his signature, as he will provide top quality at both 9 and 10 jersey."

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Tue 04 Feb 2014, 8:45 am

Worldwide Weather Causes Chaos

After unprecedented weather across the globe, this weeks fixture have been postponed for one week. The Super League Union announced ' We will look to commence games again this weekend. It is quite fortunate as it gives all boys a weeks rest before a long run in towards the end of the season. We are looking into compensating all teams, due to a loss of revenue from this postponement. More will be announced soon.'

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue 04 Feb 2014, 9:15 am

Fluxy, I just spoke to my commercial director and he told me that we had sold out for our game at home to the Stormers. Apparently those tickets are going to cost £50m in lost revenue

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Tue 04 Feb 2014, 9:19 am

chin 

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 04 Feb 2014, 9:56 am

Crusaders accountants had been extra generous and booked the entire organisation on individual private jets to South Africa. I believe the ball park figure is £100m in lost revenue

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Wed 05 Feb 2014, 9:58 pm

The Super League Union Breaks Silence Over Compensation for its Teams.

The Super League Union released a statement this evening, as they look into compensating all the teams due to bad weather disrupting the fixtures in the league. 

"We have been looking into providing a uniform payment to clubs and will be working through the night to finalise this compensation package for the sides. We have had to overcome some issues with their being a blanket payment to all sides, therefore when we issue payments there is likely to be a condition on the funds."

The SLU official then completed his statement outside the SLU HQ by stating that a decision will be made within the next 24hrs.

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 05 Feb 2014, 11:02 pm

Intriguing

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Thu 06 Feb 2014, 10:43 am

The Super League Union has Makes its Decision on Compensation

This morning the SLU compensated all sides within the league a sum of £20m, after a range of weather disruptions cancelled the last round of games. However as the SLU announced this morning the, the sum of funding did come with a slight caveat. If the sides wish to use these funds to bring in new players via the foreign market they must sign a player under the age of 23. The comment coming from the SLU is that they wanted the SLU to be the best League across the globe, but they would also like to see sides supporting and developing younger players in the league.

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 06 Feb 2014, 10:51 am

So in effect, do we have a separate budget of 20m which can only be used for a player under 23? What if I want to bid more, can I top up from the rest of my budget

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 06 Feb 2014, 10:52 am

I've just made a £24 million bid for a 21 year old, as I presume that I can add to the £20m with what I already have in my budget.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Thu 06 Feb 2014, 10:54 am

You only have £16m mate?

Everyone gets £20m in their budgets, but the next foreign bid will be a player under the age of 23. So you can use anything in your budget but the next player needs to be under the age limit

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 06 Feb 2014, 10:56 am

Surely Ozzy (and me!) have 36m in total, given he had 16m and you have added an additional 20m

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Thu 06 Feb 2014, 10:57 am

Sorry I thought he was making a bid before the payment, if he was accounting for the funding then he should be fine

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 06 Feb 2014, 11:01 am

Yeah, I was using the additional £20m
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Thu 06 Feb 2014, 11:03 am

No worries then!  thumbsup 

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Sun 09 Feb 2014, 12:32 pm

Metro bulk up pack
Today Racing Metro announced the signings of All Black Steven Luatua and USA international Steve Mafi. Luatua arrives on a long term deal, whilst Mafi has arrived from Tigers, in a move seeing Mujati move the other way. Both players begin training with the squad immediately, with the aim of getting in the match 23 next weekend.

World class talent in multiple positions
"We've been keeping an eye on Steven since his brilliant debut season for the Blues last year. Since then, he's stepped up to international rugby seamlessly. He will provide genuine competition for Dan Lydiate and offers us another big ball carrying option. The thought of having Dan and his defensive work for the first half and then unleashing Steven in the second is a terrifying thought. The beauty of Steven's signing is that he will also provide cover in both 4 and 8 jerseys, allowing us to rotate some key members of the pack.

Dynamism in attack and defence
Steve Mafi is another incredibly physical player, who, also covers a variety of positions. His dynamism both in defence and attack will be another brilliant asset for the team, at 4 and on the blindside. His move sees Brian Mujati go the other way, but with his opportunities limited behind Figallo, Jones and Ducalcon, we were happy to let him go and chase first team rugby.

Building squad depth for a strong end to the season
With poor weather expected in the next few months, we count ourselves incredibly lucky to have players of the quality of Mafi, Luatua and Tekori in our squad. All of these blokes will add serious competition to an already world class pack. As the season builds on, we know that injuries will play a part, so we have moved quickly to secure these players, to allow us to rotate and continue the momentum, that has seen us win 3 out of our last 4 games.

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 13 Feb 2014, 12:04 am

ASM manager CJ gives a summary of the season so far and his next match in a rare interview with the media

ASM Clermont started their campaign in the Super League on shaky grounds with a conclusive loss to the currently unbeaten Sharks in South Africa. However, since then their manager CJ has fine tuned their tactics and brought in new blood to supplement the French giant's stalwarts, and has won 6 consecutive games in the League, continuing the Club's record home winning streak at their fortress, the Parc des Sports Marcel Michelin to over 70 matches and with a close loss in the Knockout cup to fellow French side Toulouse the only blemish on his record.

Clermont, the former French Top 14 Champions and Heineken Cup runners up, can complete the cycle of redemption with revenge against the Sharks, this time at home, where the French side have been unstoppable. Doing so will put ASM within touching distance of the league leaders right at the start of the second half of the season.

"I can't pretend that Durban, that day at the "Shark Pit", didn't hurt," says CJ in our exclusive interview. "It's been a huge motivator for me as a coach and manager and for the team. We've not lost since in the league and we've not lost at home and the whole squad is hungry to show the Sharks that we are made of sterner stuff than the way we played over there. Our fans have been great and will be there as a 16th man too. Since I took over this squad we've brought some class players into the side; Joe Marler, Willie Le Roux, Aaron Cruden... We've just brought in Ben Tameifuina and Kyle Godwin who are great young players. I can't wait to test ourselves against the best team in the League so far. I can't wait to get revenge".
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue 25 Mar 2014, 10:35 am

Cup joy for Metro
Racing Metro are celebrating winning the inaugural plate cup with a 26-21 win over the Stormers. 

Super rugby superstar on his way
After giving the squad a few days off to recuperate, head coach Bathite has been working furiously behind the scenes to add some more quality to his squad. "As we move into the business end of the season, injuries and fatigue will start to take their toll, so having strength in depth will be crucial. In the last month we've added Tekori, Luatua and Mafi up front, so now have formidable pack options, but we noticed that we are a little light in the backs. We've had our eye of the Super rugby season and Kurtley Beale has been a real standout in the 12 jersey, so we are delighted to announce his immediate signing".

Beale has been playing 12 for the Waratahs, but is equally adept at both full back and fly half, so will give the Paris side immense flexibility. As the ground gets drier in the Spring months, Kurtley will be an immense asset for our side. He offers something a little bit different to Roberts and Bosch and will be another secondary playmaker in the squad, alongside Sexton and Smith.

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 25 Mar 2014, 10:51 am

I need to hire a PR man

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue 25 Mar 2014, 10:58 am

So excited about having Beale, got outbid for him on the last game. Him and Ben Smith are some of my favourite players

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Thu 17 Apr 2014, 1:34 pm

Huge win for Racing Metro

Head coach Bathite is delighted with the performance in the 31-28 win over top of the league Sharks, in what was only their second loss of the season.

"Sharks are a top side and really well coached. We felt a bit unlucky to miss out when we went to South Africa and this time round they were missing a few players, but i'm so glad that we got such a well fought win."

"We've been in great form in the last month, winning the plate and taking some big scalps in the league. We are absolutely delighted with the win against a top Sharks side. We'd been targeting that game to help solidify our 4th position in the table and I think tactically we executed our plans perfectly."

"This win is the perfect preparation for another tough game, away at the Stormers. Confidence is high and I'm sure that the boys can get another result"

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down