The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did David Haye "fake/ self inflict" the cut??

+26
Izzi
Hammersmith harrier
Rodney
Nico the gman
RanjitPatel
TopHat24/7
seanmichaels
superflyweight
Lumbering_Jack
TRUSSMAN66
Fists of Fury
joeyjojo618
Il Gialloblu
alanqlm
owen10ozzy
ONETWOFOREVER
titaniumjaw
catchweight
mobilemaster8
Rowley
bhb001
John Bloody Wayne
Lance
Strongback
ShahenshahG
All Time Great
30 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Did Haye fake the cut?

Did David Haye "fake/ self inflict" the cut?? - Page 3 Vote_lcap38%Did David Haye "fake/ self inflict" the cut?? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 15 ]
Did David Haye "fake/ self inflict" the cut?? - Page 3 Vote_lcap62%Did David Haye "fake/ self inflict" the cut?? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 62% 
[ 25 ]

Total Votes : 40

Did David Haye "fake/ self inflict" the cut?? - Page 3 Empty Did David Haye "fake/ self inflict" the cut??

Post by All Time Great Mon 18 Nov 2013, 8:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

Did Haye "fake" the cut?

Let me start of by clearly saying, no I don't think Haye was afraid of Fury and was trying to duck him. However, it's incredible suspicious that he suffers a damaged hand before the Charr fight (which was probably for a lot less money), and then in bizzare fashion suffers a cut above his brow (not below, which is much more serious) a week before the fight when really he should be wearing a head guard to avoid getting cut, let alone risking a concussion.

My take on the event, Haye believed Fury was an easy payday, which most would believe. He discovered this shoulder injury and didn't want the potential £5m payday to go up in smoke so therefore, tried to buy some time so Fury did not move on.

It's pretty evident, Haye has suffered a serious shoulder injury (although I doubt it's career threatening, it's probably an injury that will take 6-9 months to repair and is being used more of a marketing campaign in order to not have his fans turn against him). If Haye can obtain a title fight with a Klitschko, with £5m+ on the table- I'm pretty sure we'll see him in action again.

So for my money, I believe he has used a self inflicted cut to delay the fight. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but he has far too much previous for me to doubt the above.

Just as a quick note- all ticket purchases will be refunded  by eventim.

Last edited by All Time Great on Mon 18 Nov 2013, 9:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Did David Haye "fake/ self inflict" the cut?? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did David Haye "fake/ self inflict" the cut??

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 19 Nov 2013, 6:33 pm

Truss has raised a very good point and i'd overlooked, why on earth cut yourself when there's then a possibility of it opening up again during the fight.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Did David Haye "fake/ self inflict" the cut?? - Page 3 Empty Re: Did David Haye "fake/ self inflict" the cut??

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2013, 7:16 pm

"Anthony Joshua pulls out of Hector Alfredo Avila bout with injury ...
... withdrawn from his fight with Argentina's Hector Alfredo Avila on Saturday with a bicep strain. ...

"Got a mild shoulder injury, the medical team have advised me to rest. I cant argue," tweeted Joshua."

Shoulder, bicep (bad journalism?) ... could it have been self inflicted? With Haye retiring some can focus their scepticism onto Anthony Joshua
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/25006431

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2013, 7:18 pm

Anthony Joshua is dead to me now...DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2013, 7:19 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Truss has raised a very good point and i'd overlooked, why on earth cut yourself when there's then a possibility of it opening up again during the fight.
He could have slipped and taken an eye out or fallen over and stabbed himself in a vital region. As a former model he probably wouldn't want to cut his face up either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2013, 7:21 pm

Given the limited number of people he could approach to assist him, could he even trust Adam Booth with a razor after he hit him over the head witha tripod?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2013, 7:25 pm

laughing David Hayes life could be turned into a black comedy.

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Tue 19 Nov 2013, 9:25 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Truss has raised a very good point and i'd overlooked, why on earth cut yourself when there's then a possibility of it opening up again during the fight.
It's above the brow, heals quickly as the skin surrounding the area has a better blood supply (read up on it if you will).

If Haye got cut under the brow, I'd agree- no one in their right mind would risk an incision there.

It's a very plausible story, even if you voted "no", I'd be surprised if anyone wasn't suspicious (pulled out of 3 fights in a row, with 3 very different injuries).

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 19 Nov 2013, 9:27 pm

I think it's the most ridiculous theory anybody has ever come up with on here and it isn't plausible in the slightest. It makes no difference whether it heals quickly or not, any cut above the eye could be an issue in later fights.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 20 Nov 2013, 9:50 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:I think it's the most ridiculous theory anybody has ever come up with on here and it isn't plausible in the slightest. It makes no difference whether it heals quickly or not, any cut above the eye could be an issue in later fights.
Of course it is plausible, and feasible. To say otherwise is naive. I'm not saying he did deliberately cut himself, that is open to opinion, and given Haye's lack of respect for fan's over the years it is understandable why some people jump to this conclusion.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 20 Nov 2013, 10:26 am

All Time Great wrote:
It's above the brow, heals quickly as the skin surrounding the area has a better blood supply (read up on it if you will).

If Haye got cut under the brow, I'd agree- no one in their right mind would risk an incision there.

It's a very plausible story, even if you voted "no", I'd be surprised if anyone wasn't suspicious (pulled out of 3 fights in a row, with 3 very different injuries).
So no one in their right mind would cut themselves under the brow, but above is perfectly normal thing to do. Brilliant.

I can't believe how many people have been suckered in. He's being looked at like a panto villain, people booing and hissing every time he appears.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Wed 20 Nov 2013, 10:34 am

How many fights have been postponed because of injury? Are you all mentally challenged?

Pretty sure, having got in the ring with Wlad, he wouldn't falsify any injuries for the sake of kissing out on an easy payday against someone who got his arse kicked all around his caravan by fat John Mac.

Probably the same moronic weirdos who believe 9/11 was an inside job.

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 20 Nov 2013, 11:50 am

Lumbering_Jack wrote:

I can't believe how many people have been suckered in. He's being looked at like a panto villain, people booing and hissing every time he appears.

It's about time people spotted what I and a select band from the UK did a long time ago. The general UK population will support their man to the end which is in a way admirable. The Yanks though have been laughing at Haye for years and completely wrote him off after the Wlad debacle. They see it that British fans will buy into anything Haye does no matter how crap it looks on paper.

Remember the German's and Ottke? Something similar with the British and Haye.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 20 Nov 2013, 3:11 pm

Isn't it odd that the well respected posters think its utter nonsense and the mentalists seem adament in the huge conspiracy theory?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Nov 2013, 3:13 pm

Well Lumbering thinks it's ridiculous which kinda blows your theory not just out of the water but off the planet.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 20 Nov 2013, 3:15 pm

Well respected and the Geordie then.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 20 Nov 2013, 3:17 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
All Time Great wrote:

So  no one in their right mind would cut themselves under the brow, but above is perfectly normal thing to do. Brilliant.

Oh no he isn't !!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Nov 2013, 3:18 pm

He's behind you....easy now!

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Wed 20 Nov 2013, 5:16 pm

I think the vote proves there are a few that find it plausible.

A lot of the people passionately arguing against it were very pro- Haye for pulling out of the first fight. Which let me remind you was 1 week before the fight! Incredible.

Haye, who I rate as a fighter and for the fact he gave the heavyweight division a shot in the arm, I still believe he is highly unprofessional and has "faked" the cut in order to prevent the fight going up in smoke due to a severely injured shoulder.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Wed 20 Nov 2013, 5:16 pm

I think the vote proves there are a few that find it plausible.

A lot of the people passionately arguing against it were very pro- Haye for pulling out of the first fight. Which let me remind you was 1 week before the fight! Incredible.

Haye, who I rate as a fighter and for the fact he gave the heavyweight division a shot in the arm, I still believe he is highly unprofessional and has "faked" the cut in order to prevent the fight going up in smoke due to a severely injured shoulder.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 20 Nov 2013, 5:17 pm

The highly uneducated and illogical think it's possible, those with sense do not.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Wed 20 Nov 2013, 5:21 pm

I do not consider myself uneducated, and there are a lot of the more "sensible" posters believing the OP is more than plausible.

As I've said, it's incredibly naive to not be at the very least suspicious of Haye pulling out of the first fight with a Cut, and then a month later with a serious shoulder injury?

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 20 Nov 2013, 5:24 pm

Haye self inflicting the cut absolute tosh,fantasy island stuff.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 20 Nov 2013, 5:25 pm

I'd said it's not naive at all to not be stupid enough to think a boxer would inflict a cut on himself deliberately.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 20 Nov 2013, 5:28 pm

Not just that but he has an entourage that watches him finish his sparring..........and then see him 5 minutes later with a huge gash coming from the bathroom he's only just noticed..

Leave it out...Be a great story for someone to make a few thousand bucks from and ruin Haye's reputation.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Wed 20 Nov 2013, 5:34 pm

Haye's reputation is pretty low as it is, especially with fans who had purchased tickets/ hotel for the first fight and then for him getting "cut" less than 7 days before the fight.

.... And for the record, no one is suggesting he cut himself, probably someone in his inner circle (cut man, trainer etc..). £5m is a lot of money to lose....

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Nov 2013, 5:34 pm

George Foreman faked the cut he got sparring in Zaire as he had sore shoulders. He hoped they'd ease up but the didn't so he cut his own face. It backfired as his shoulders didn't heal properly and he was only able to throw huge roundhouse punches that Ali saw coming a mile off and the rest is history

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Nov 2013, 5:36 pm

All Time Great wrote:Haye's reputation is pretty low as it is, especially with fans who had purchased tickets/ hotel for the first fight and then for him getting "cut" less than 7 days before the fight.

.... And for the record, no one is suggesting he cut himself, probably someone in his inner circle (cut man, trainer etc..). £5m is a lot of money to lose....
However they'd had to have done it with his permission. Hitler didn't personally gas those poor people in the Death Camps but he was aware it was going to happen.

Or are you suggesting that Haye was wrestled to the ground and sliced open...(probaly injuring his shoulder in the process)?

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Wed 20 Nov 2013, 5:46 pm

No I'm suggesting him and his "team" took an executive decision to prevent £5m being flushed down the toilet. It's not just Haye who would lose money, it would be his whole team reliant on him fulfilling his contractual obligations.

A week before the fight, then followed by a serious shoulder injury during a period he's doing no training does not make sense. If it does to you, then fair enough but you probably also believed Lance Armstrong was innocent until he made a confession.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 20 Nov 2013, 5:52 pm

But you can't keep a secret at my place in a board meeting of six......and the press isn't giving us a 10k slap by exposing one...

So how does an entourage of Haye keep one like that.........In this kiss and tell age we live in..

come on.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Nov 2013, 5:55 pm

Michael Watson broke his nose a week before facing Mike McCallum. Barry Hearn stated that he won bids for the fight but wasn't shifting any tickets and was going to make a loss.

Next thing he's got a few more weeks to sell tickets and a mate in the USA offers him a slot on TV. Hearn makes himself a tidy sum even though Watson loses the fight.

Perhaps Barry and Michael got their heads together and hatched a similar plan.

The tin foil hat people suggest that Haye's done it to secure a fight with Vitali down the line next year. Boxing is a cut throat/eyebrow business and if you think Haye would leave himself open to the possibility that a disgruntled employee rings the papers, the lid gets blown off this and he ends up in Court (sued by Fury)or jeopardises an even bigger payday against Vitali then I think it's you who's been sleeping with his head too close to the radiator

Perhaps you think that the reason Groves and Booth split is because he overheard then hatched their diabolical plan

Bwwwaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Thu 21 Nov 2013, 12:37 pm

Laugh 
I love this thread

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 21 Nov 2013, 12:49 pm

I think It was Professor Haye in the dining room with the candlestick........

Or did he get rid of that after Miss peacock left ??

We'll get to the bottom of this mystery boys..Don't you worry !!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sun 23 May 2021, 2:09 pm

This thread is famous

https://youtu.be/nkNtEHVsUzk

Skip to 8:20

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 23 May 2021, 2:27 pm

How do, Soldier_Of_Fortune? Nice little blast from the past.

Ah yes, those v2 glory days of 2011-2014. Funnily enough I saw another boxing YouTube video recently which screenshotted one of our old threads on here - we must have had a wider appeal back then than we realised. It was the thread speculating about Froch's 'Loaded Gloves' against Bute.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sun 23 May 2021, 3:53 pm

Am all good Chris. That vid just popped up in my recs and thought about here. Yer that period 2011-2014 was its heyday. Is there many of the old guard still knocking about?

Can't believe Trussman is still here Laugh

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 23 May 2021, 4:03 pm

I think there are one or two others who might be using different usernames these days, yeah. But most of the old guard have moved on or only post infrequently. Milkyboy pops in now and then. I just had loads on starting around 2015 so more or less disappeared from the boards for two or three years, seemed to coincide with a lot of others doing something similar.

It's had a bit of an upturn recently, though nothing like the traffic we used to create back in the day. But hey, bit of nostalgia is always nice and any chance to talk boxing should be seized. Glad you're keeping well.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Smalls Mon 24 May 2021, 11:08 am

There was a  new user in 2014 I think it was,who started bigging up Tyson Fury in tweet-like small paragraphs. He didn't really engage much in discussion but the funny thing was,when it was openly speculated that it was the man himself, he stopped posting.The grammar and punctuation was awful ,so you decide.

https://www.606v2.com/t51120-tyson-fury-verses-frank-bruno
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3