The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GSP vs. Hendricks

5 posters

Go down

GSP vs. Hendricks Empty GSP vs. Hendricks

Post by Pr4wn Fri 22 Nov 2013, 12:32 pm

What did you guys think of the weekend's UFC championship controversy? Personally, I think that Hendricks was hard-done-by and should have won the fight. However, I understand that the champion is going to get the benefit of the doubt in a close fight like that.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

GSP vs. Hendricks Empty Re: GSP vs. Hendricks

Post by Clunge4life Fri 22 Nov 2013, 12:40 pm

IMO could have gone either way - 1st round very close to call - but can see how Hendricks could feel hard done by

Sets up a rematch nicely

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 22 Nov 2013, 12:49 pm

I reckon GSP will retire before then. He's been a fantastic champ but I think now is a good time.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Fri 22 Nov 2013, 1:21 pm

I would've given it to Hendricks, but it was so close that GSP getting the nod doesn't shock me.

I think Dana went over the top in the post fight presser. The rules don't state the person with most damaged face loses.. At the end of the day some fighters just cut up easily.

I would like to see a rematch.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 22 Nov 2013, 2:53 pm

I had it 3-2 Hendricks and definately gave him the first round.

Any close fight was always going to be given to poster boy GSP. Much like the Jones v Gustaffson fight.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Nov 2013, 11:44 am

I gave it to Hendricks 3 - 2 as well but maybe I'll watch it again. I just felt he was hurting GSP more than vice versa, that 2nd round he was really rocking him. But I gave the 1st to GSP just, felt he did the better work until the last minute or two, and also the last where he made a good run for it. So basically the middle 3 for Hendricks although most I think gave GSP the 3rd or 4th, like I say i'll probably watch it again (with hindsight). Did anybody think that hendricks tapped in the 1st?

I thought the rest of the card was pretty good, both Sonnen & Koscheck suffered heavy defeats and the Lawler vs Mcdonald was good, surprised it was a split decision and thought they where going to shaft Lawler.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 12 Dec 2013, 8:22 am

Late post but thought Hendricks won 3 rounds to 2.

Regardless of strikes landed and takedowns etc there must be more emphasis on damage inflicted.

When you look at their two faces at the end GSP looked like he'd been beaten up for 5 rounds and Johnny looked like he'd just warmed up for the fight!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down