The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My complaint to the BBC

3 posters

Go down

My complaint to the BBC Empty My complaint to the BBC

Post by Steffan Sun 24 Nov 2013, 3:27 pm

England v NZ Rugby League Complaint

Dear Sir/Madam

Yesterday I tuned into watch the England v New Zealand rugby league world cup semi-final. As a Welshman and a neutral I was looking forward to the match as was not disappointed. I was however very disappointed with the biased commentary which for me as a neutral was frustrating and did take the shine of it a little bit. Surely the BBC must be aware that even though England were playing, the game was going out to the whole of the UK with of course many parts of the UK not being English? The main commentary was bad enough with every time England making any attacking play there was 'school boy excitement' along with the shouting when they scored. The total disappointment showed when New Zealand scored was also very unprofessional.

The worst part certainly had to be ex rugby league player Jonathan Davies saying that ‘You have to cheer on England against a team like New Zealand’. Is dictating to the general non-English public who we support now a part of the BBCs agenda? It was a fantastic match and as a spectacle made paying the TV Licence well worthwhile. The commentary was unfortunately not and very unprofessional. While there is nothing wrong with an Englishman wanting his national rugby league team to win if that person is on a wage to broadcast it out to the rest of the UK then professionalism should take preference. I hope for future England rugby league matches there is not a repeat of this in what potentially spoiled a very good game for many neutrals

Yours Sincerely,

Steffan

Back to top Go down

My complaint to the BBC Empty Re: My complaint to the BBC

Post by seanmichaels Mon 25 Nov 2013, 11:42 am

When NZ scored all you could hear was JD screaming what a brilliant try, as he did for the other brilliant try they scored. I also remember 3 occasions where the commentary team questioned the ref's decision (Sonny Bill Williams knock on the worst) in a very balanced manner.

I look forward to the BBC's response assuming you'll post your rubbishing?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 25 Nov 2013, 6:54 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I look forward to the BBC's response assuming you'll post your rubbishing?
I will be sure to post it for you when it arrives thumbsup

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun 12 Oct 2014, 2:19 pm

The BBC needs to get its act together as regards Rugby League.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down