The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stevenson: Time not right for Kovalev

+5
kingraf
hampo17
mobilemaster8
TRUSSMAN66
Herman Jaeger
9 posters

Go down

Stevenson: Time not right for Kovalev Empty Stevenson: Time not right for Kovalev

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 26 Nov 2013, 3:21 pm

Stevenson Says Time Not Right For Kovalev Fight - Boxing News

I disagree with those comments by Stevenson. Judging by comments on line, people are up for this one, I don't think the fight could be more perfectly primed. Who would Kovalev have to beat to earn a fight with Stevenson? The natural progression for Kovalev is Stevenson. It's the fight HBO want. Hopkins is the lucrative match for Stevenson but surely the latter needs to beat Kovalev to earn a crack at Hopkins? Can't get to the pot of gold unless he eliminates all his rivals, right?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Stevenson: Time not right for Kovalev Empty Re: Stevenson: Time not right for Kovalev

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 26 Nov 2013, 3:32 pm

The time isn't right.........I mean he has Bellew on Saturday night.........and Bellew can fight...

Stevenson could be Michael Bentt !!!...........Cloud was finished and Tarver like Morrison kopped a punch while he was still cold........

Not sure about Stevo yet..........Saturday will tell us more........

Still pick him though but it's 60/40.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Stevenson: Time not right for Kovalev Empty Re: Stevenson: Time not right for Kovalev

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 26 Nov 2013, 3:34 pm

What channel is Bellew on Sat night gents?

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 26 Nov 2013, 3:36 pm

Sky Sports One I would have guessed.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 26 Nov 2013, 3:37 pm

I would have guessed PPV....so now in pleased Smile

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 26 Nov 2013, 3:45 pm

Surely Stevenson is now the "pot of gold"? I mean, he is the king of the division, and a win over Bellow would mean wins over 3 top five fighters!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 26 Nov 2013, 3:51 pm

kingraf wrote:Surely Stevenson is now the "pot of gold"? I mean, he is the king of the division, and a win over Bellow would mean wins over 3 top five fighters!

Honestly mate, wins over three top five rivals doesn't mean much if you haven't beaten your CHIEF divisional rival.

If Stevenson gets Hopkins now, then boxing is getting just more like a business when you can just ignore the final hurdle. What makes the fight so exciting now is that Stevenson's future is on the line. Fight wouldn't be the same if Stevenson had a few million in the bank.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 26 Nov 2013, 4:03 pm

I didn't write most of the quote that's been attributed to me. Are you just starting out with the quoting function, or are you genuinely trying to make me look bi-polar?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 26 Nov 2013, 4:07 pm

Sorry can you explain yourself please. The top line was attributed to you, as anyone could see.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 26 Nov 2013, 4:09 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:I would have guessed PPV....so now in pleased Smile
Nope, 1am SS2 thumbsup

They couldn't have justified having this fight on PPV, non of the casual fans will watch it.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 26 Nov 2013, 4:13 pm

Herman Jaggery wrote:Sorry can you explain yourself please. The top line was attributed to you, as anyone could see.
See this part which isn't in the same color as the quote? That indicates that that this is an original statement. Typing your own statement in the quote bubble makes me look like I'm rambling
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 26 Nov 2013, 4:17 pm

Look mate I'm not trying to bust your balls. Had I thought you'd done it intentionally, I wouldn't have commented, as that would have been you taking the mickey out of me, which happens. But I realised you were responding to me, so I was just trying to help out.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 26 Nov 2013, 4:26 pm

Yeah must admit I haven't worked the quote function out properly yet. So sorry if that irritated you mate. Can you explain how I do it, because it's going to take a lot of brain cells to actually sit down in front of a laptop and work it out for myself. It's called attention deficit disorder.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 26 Nov 2013, 4:32 pm

Maybe you should just experiment with some of Strongy's posts till you get it right.........

It won't affect the quality that is for sure..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 26 Nov 2013, 4:39 pm

To be honest, Strongy's a top poster in my eyes, paranoia aside, and the banter between you and him Truss, is always entertaining. As you mention Strongy, must say I share his suspicion in thinking Haye's cut was self-inflicted, for what it's worth.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 26 Nov 2013, 4:46 pm

Haha - it didn't irritate me at all, I just put out a shockingly poor excuse at a humorous take on the matter.

As for the quote function, it's simple enough, really. You click on the quote link. Then you simply type you're comment after the second {quote}
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 26 Nov 2013, 5:02 pm

I just tried what what you said, but I can't get my comments out of the bubble if you understand. Never mind, just have to practise late one night.

Anyway, back to Stevenson, he looks to me that he might not like sustained pressure. Someone who really knows how to get inside would do him , I suspect. A light heavy Dempsey for example. Not sure Bellew can do it, as Stevenson is reasonably competent at keeping his distance, but I really hope the Scouser can pull it off. I think he could make it interesting.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 26 Nov 2013, 5:10 pm

I think Stevenson is going to give Bellow a beat down. Three fights in, and the guy hasn't lost a round this year. Bellow doesn't have the best chin going around, so he SHOULDN'T try pressurize, unless he wants to earn his money quickly
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 26 Nov 2013, 5:11 pm

To be fair Herman, how many light heavy Dempseys do we have at the moment? That's the problem.

Kovalev would be a good fight, he seems to have that sustained pressure with power. Just need to see him against a good fighter to gauge him.

Bellew gets wiped out on Saturday night for me. Just isn't good enough IMO.

Hopkins could beat Stevenson mind. May be an ugly affair, but he is great at what he does.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 26 Nov 2013, 5:14 pm

He'll either want to be just out of range or up close so he can avoid the big left hand. Still get the impression Stevenson's an on top fighter though, important to take away his confidence if you want to beat him.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 26 Nov 2013, 5:26 pm

I think Kovalov against Stevenson is the best fight in the division.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 26 Nov 2013, 5:28 pm

How many light heavy Dempsey's?

Not many is the short answer to that one haha.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 26 Nov 2013, 5:52 pm

Kovalev vs Stevenson could be fun. Though as Stevenson's biggest fan here, I'm obliged to create a thread titled "Why Stevenson doesn't need to fight Kovalev !!"
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Tue 26 Nov 2013, 6:30 pm

Isn't Kovalev fighting on the under-card? that would suggest a fight is close.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 26 Nov 2013, 7:36 pm

Based on the Froch fight, me predicting Adonis to wipe out Bellew whenever he feels like it probably means he'll get battered.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 26 Nov 2013, 10:52 pm

Agree with him to some extent, Kovalev does need to fight a big name, but who is there in the Light Heavyweight division who is willing to get in with him?

I can't think of anyone that could enhance his reputation except Hopkins. I would not want to see that though.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down