The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Famous people you would have liked to have had a few pints with

+7
rIck_dAgless
westisbest
TRUSSMAN66
ShahenshahG
Rowley
Lumbering_Jack
seanmichaels
11 posters

Go down

Famous people you would have liked to have had a few pints with Empty Famous people you would have liked to have had a few pints with

Post by seanmichaels Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:16 am

Was thinking about the harshness of the knob thread so to lighten the mood I thought I'd set up a 'Famous people you would have liked to have had a few pints with' thread.

I am a bit of a fantasist at the best of times but I always had this one wish that I'd bump in to Richard Harris, Russell Crowe and Oliver Reed whilst they were filming Gladiator down the road from me (Reed probably wasn't there as he wasn't in the Germania scenes). I could think of nothing better than sitting in this old country pub nearby, fire roaring listening to their tales of merriment whilst getting steadily legless.

Anymore for anymore?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Famous people you would have liked to have had a few pints with Empty Re: Famous people you would have liked to have had a few pints with

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:20 am

Ant and Dec, they are hilarious. Think you'd have a right laugh with them.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Famous people you would have liked to have had a few pints with Empty Re: Famous people you would have liked to have had a few pints with

Post by Rowley Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:27 am

Keith Moon, if you're going to do it you may as well do it right. Love the Who as well so win win all round.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:32 am

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Ant and Dec, they are hilarious. Think you'd have a right laugh with them.
I think Ant would be alright but Dec would always be on his mobile texting a bit of skirt. Drives me up the wall that does.

I reckon Eddie Irvine would have been a laugh back in the day.

Michaels- 'Another pint Eddie?'
Irvine - 'Don't mind if I do. Another b1tch Michaels?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:33 am

Prince Phillip - mad Bar Steward - I'd offer him a joint and record the ensuing carnage Laugh

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:53 am

I have five limited edition signed prints from the Artist... Ay-o .......Who was discovered by Yoko ono in the 60's.........He's called Rainbow man for obvious reasons.........

Kind of underground anti-establishmnet art.........

Visually stunning stuff and I'm proud of my collection.......

love to meet the guy but he must be nearly 90 now........

A genius...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:03 am

Paul McGrath, great to hear his villa stories.

Sean William Scott, seems like a good laugh.

Kiefer Sutherland, he likes a beer or 2.

Mark Bosnich, again for Villa stories.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:20 am

westisbest wrote:Paul McGrath, great to hear his villa stories.

Sean William Scott, seems like a good laugh.

Kiefer Sutherland, he likes a beer or 2.

Mark Bosnich, again for Villa stories.
Isn't McGrath tea total now? Would be like finally getting to meet George best and having a coffee and blueberry muffin.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:24 am

Charlie Murphy - what a fantastic story teller

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:26 am

Stan Lee as he is legend

Brian Cox would be a laugh and informative

Mila Kunis sounds like someone you could have a laugh with (and to look at)

Last edited by rick_dagless on Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:53 am

Audrey Hepburn, Winona Ryder & Lizzy Caplan.  Would encourage them to get completely rat-arsed and have a good old screeching, hair-pulling dust-up.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:16 am

Wouldn't have minded a pint with JFK.........Could have finished with me telling him to keep his head down in Dallas..

maybe Vietnam could have been avoided........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:21 am

Don't get the celebrity fawning, it'd prob end up being a Poopie night with you boring the arse off them and asking them to tell you stories from their celebrity lifestyle.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:13 pm

Galted wrote:Audrey Hepburn, Winona Ryder & Lizzy Caplan.  Would encourage them to get completely rat-arsed and have a good old screeching, hair-pulling dust-up.
You and Ryder could go out the rob afterwards.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:16 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote:Audrey Hepburn, Winona Ryder & Lizzy Caplan.  Would encourage them to get completely rat-arsed and have a good old screeching, hair-pulling dust-up.
That's a bit of a fantasy of mine, getting home drunk and giggling with Ryder and stolen items falling out of my pockets and her shirt and handbag.  Weisz would be livid.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:22 pm

Galted wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
That's a bit of a fantasy of mine, getting home drunk and giggling with Ryder and stolen items falling out of my pockets and her shirt and handbag.  Weisz would be livid.
My brother once went on a date with a bird. They weren't drunk but when they got back a 6-7 inch mechanised implement fell out of her handbag on to the floor. I expect she may have got away with it had it not switched itself on and the floor had not been wooden.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:26 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
My brother once went on a date with a bird. They weren't drunk but when they got back a 6-7 inch mechanised implement fell out of her handbag on to the floor. I expect she may have got away with it had it not switched itself on and the floor had not been wooden.
Have to admire her for carrying it around with her.  How soul-destroying would it be if you'd just finished giving her one and she said "thanks, luv, I'll just finish meself off then" before switching it on?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:33 pm

Galted wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
Have to admire her for carrying it around with her.  How soul-destroying would it be if you'd just finished giving her one and she said "thanks, luv, I'll just finish meself off then" before switching it on?

Ask LJ.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Lion Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:04 am

During the British Lions tour of New Zealand in 2005, I found myself (with an accompanying bunch of scruffs) in a bar with Jason Leonard, former England prop forward and legendary imbiber of the foaming ale.

The atmosphere was convivial and the beer flowed.  With the Me'm Sahib already tucked up for the night, I thought I might see out the session.................

I woke up on the floor of the bar, sometime in the pre-dawn time, with the head from hell, a tongue that tasted like the flip side of Tarzan's loin cloth and a mouth that felt for all the world as if a gorilla had sh*t in it.

I became dimly aware of voices coming from afar.  As I focused my eyes on the group, Jason Leonard, still as fresh as a daisy, said something like "Oh, you're back with us, then.  Want another one?"

I realised I was out of my depth here, and found a toilet somewhere to be sick in, then made my way to bed where I stayed for an immeasurable amount of time.

In my defence, and to offset accusations of being a total lightweight, it should be pointed out that Jason Leonard holds the unofficial world record for the number of "tinnies" consumed by either an Aussie or a Pom, on a scheduled flight between Sydney and London Heathrow.  If you think you can better that, I believe the number is 54.  

That's the standard of drinking you would be attempting to live with.

Good luck

PS:   Previous holders of this record have included such luminaries as Moss "Rent-a-Storm" Keane, Ian Botham and David Boon. You have been warned.
The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:37 am

David Attenbourgh - I'd tell him to bring his personal photo album of the weirdest creatures he has ever seen...you never know, he would prbably take a pic of me and put it in it monkey 

Derren Brown - Just to have my mind fizzled beyond a joke!!!

Noel Gallagher (90s Noel) - Just for a mad session and a jam.

Bez & Shaun Ryder - Do I need to spell it out why??

Peter Kay - Would be a good laugh I reckon.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:58 am

The Fourth Lion wrote:During the British Lions tour of New Zealand in 2005, I found myself (with an accompanying bunch of scruffs) in a bar with Jason Leonard, former England prop forward and legendary imbiber of the foaming ale.

The atmosphere was convivial and the beer flowed.  With the Me'm Sahib already tucked up for the night, I thought I might see out the session.................

I woke up on the floor of the bar, sometime in the pre-dawn time, with the head from hell, a tongue that tasted like the flip side of Tarzan's loin cloth and a mouth that felt for all the world as if a gorilla had sh*t in it.

I became dimly aware of voices coming from afar.  As I focused my eyes on the group, Jason Leonard, still as fresh as a daisy, said something like "Oh, you're back with us, then.  Want another one?"

I realised I was out of my depth here, and found a toilet somewhere to be sick in, then made my way to bed where I stayed for an immeasurable amount of time.

In my defence, and to offset accusations of being a total lightweight, it should be pointed out that Jason Leonard holds the unofficial world record for the number of "tinnies" consumed by either an Aussie or a Pom, on a scheduled flight between Sydney and London Heathrow.  If you think you can better that, I believe the number is 54.  

That's the standard of drinking you would be attempting to live with.

Good luck

PS:   Previous holders of this record have included such luminaries as Moss "Rent-a-Storm" Keane, Ian Botham and David Boon. You have been warned.
I once heard a tale that Aussie wicket keeper Rodney Marsh drank near enough non-stop on a flight to or from England and by the time the plane landed, the beer was practically swilling around his tonsils

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down