The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ICC names test and ODI teams of the year

5 posters

Go down

ICC names test and ODI teams of the year Empty ICC names test and ODI teams of the year

Post by KP_fan Tue 03 Dec 2013, 8:50 am

Cook as a captain is a bit hard on the longevity and supremacy at the top for Smith.
I would rather have Prior and KP in the test 11 instead of Pujara and Dhoni

Cook, Dhoni lead ICC Test, ODI teams
ESPNcricinfo staff

December 3, 2013

Comments: 204 | Login via | Text size: A | A

MS Dhoni led India to the Champions Trophy title in June © International Cricket Council

Enlarge

Related Links
Players/Officials: Alastair Cook | MS Dhoni | Anil Kumble
Sites: Cricinfo ICC Site

Alastair Cook and MS Dhoni have been named captains of the ICC's Test and ODI Teams of the Year. Dale Steyn was included in the Test side for the sixth successive year, while Dhoni made the ODI line-up for the sixth consecutive year as well. Performances between August 7, 2012 and August 25, 2013 were considered by a panel chaired by former India captain Anil Kumble, also the ICC cricket committee chairman.

ICC Test Team of the Year (in batting order)

Alastair Cook (capt), Cheteshwar Pujara, Hashim Amla, Michael Clarke, Michael Hussey, AB de Villiers, MS Dhoni (wk), Graeme Swann, Dale Steyn, James Anderson, Vernon Philander, R Ashwin (12th man)

ICC ODI Team of the Year (in batting order)

Tillakaratne Dilshan, Shikhar Dhawan, Hashim Amla, Kumar Sangakkara, AB de Villiers, MS Dhoni (capt & wk), Ravindra Jadeja, Saeed Ajmal, Mitchell Starc, James Anderson, Lasith Malinga, Mitchell McClenaghan (12th man)

KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

ICC names test and ODI teams of the year Empty Re: ICC names test and ODI teams of the year

Post by KP_fan Tue 03 Dec 2013, 8:54 am

and would you believe there is no Kohli in the ODI list.

Last edited by KP_fan on Tue 03 Dec 2013, 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

ICC names test and ODI teams of the year Empty Re: ICC names test and ODI teams of the year

Post by Stella Tue 03 Dec 2013, 9:13 am

No Kohli? Did they forget about him?

Also, Cook. My memory is not what it is, but has he scored that many in 2013?
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Tue 03 Dec 2013, 12:32 pm

Looking at the dates they take into account, Cook will be in primarily as a result of the runs he scored in India at the tail-end of 2012.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 03 Dec 2013, 12:36 pm

Of course. Didn't look at the dates, cheers thumbsup 
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue 03 Dec 2013, 4:08 pm

Virat Kohli and George Bailey are the surprise omissions. Mike Hussey ended his career well, but he wasn't there when his team was struggling in India. Has he made an overwhelming case with his earlier performances?

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 03 Dec 2013, 5:50 pm

Broad ahead of JA, surely?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Dec 2013, 6:27 pm

IMO the sides should be:

1.Alistair Cook (c)
2.Kieron Powell (i know this may seem random, but alongside Cook he has been very consistent opening the batting this year, and has come on leaps and bounds)
3.Hashim Amla (no-brainer)
4.Michael Clarke
5.AB De Villiers
6.Virat Kohli
7.M.S. Dhoni (wk)
8.Trent Boult
9.Graeme Swann
10.James Anderson
11.Vernon Philander

ODI

1.Shikar Dhawan
2.Rohit Sharma
3.Hashim Amla
4.George Bailey
5.AB De Villiers (c) (wk)
6.Ravi Jadeja
7.Ravi Bopara ( on the whole was very good in odi's this year)
8.Saeed Ajmal
9.Mitchell Starc
10.Sunil Narine
11.Mitchell McLengahan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down