The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tiger Woods 12

3 posters

Go down

Tiger Woods 12 Empty Tiger Woods 12

Post by Mercurio Tue May 17, 2011 9:22 pm

In career mode, I've just played Scottsdale and shot -25 for the round.

What's the point?!?

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Tiger Woods 12 Empty Re: Tiger Woods 12

Post by Gonzini Wed May 18, 2011 10:15 am

Is that on the highest difficulty?

Other than suggesting to increase the difficulty there's not much more to say. I'm going up to the highest difficulty as I've been told it's incredibly realistic and a lot lot lot harder.

However, if you're hitting -25 on the hardest difficulty, then I'm out of ideas!

Gonzini

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Wed May 18, 2011 10:21 am

To be fair, it's the easiest level, but still . . .

I had 2 aces, 6 other eagles, 9 birdies and, ashamedly, 1 par and was 17 shots clear after the first round.

It could be a bit more realistic.

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Gonzini Wed May 18, 2011 10:29 am

true. However I think the lower difficulty settings are there to appeal to the casual fans who probably buy it so they can hit ridiculous scores and claim they've broken all sorts of records etc.

I haven't played the hardest mode yet, but will do tonight. I'm hoping that I'll have to work for my birdies on that and it'll be harder to hit perfect straight drives every time

Gonzini

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed May 18, 2011 10:39 am

Merc, I've got the 09 release and have earned over $3m playing from a mid-setting. The one thing that really annoys me, is when you post a great score in round 1, and then set off on round 2 5 shots off the lead. You can have another good round and be close or back on top of the leader board, but in round 3 starting from way behind again, you can hit as many great shots as you want, but the system has something built in to make you look like a prat which is undeserved. The final placings will be determined by the system, and yes you can win an event quite regular, but it doesn't like you winning too much.

I ripped the Old Course to shreds the last time I played and made Tiger look silly. The TPC is easy as well Very Happy Pebble can be tricky when the wind blows

Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Wed May 18, 2011 10:40 am

Gonzini wrote:true. However I think the lower difficulty settings are there to appeal to the casual fans who probably buy it so they can hit ridiculous scores and claim they've broken all sorts of records etc.

I haven't played the hardest mode yet, but will do tonight. I'm hoping that I'll have to work for my birdies on that and it'll be harder to hit perfect straight drives every time
I assume you have the Fit Board to be able to do the hardest level?

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Gonzini Wed May 18, 2011 10:48 am

I'm on PS3 I'm afraid, so I use the controller. Not sure how it works on the Wii, I did read about it using the wii fit board but I thought it was optional? As I said I don't have it on the Wii so I can't answer that question with 100% conviction!

The guy did try and sell me the PS Move but I wasn't having it, I decided to use a controller and be lazy for my virtual golf! I need to get back onto the course again though, I haven't played properly for over 3 years now, just sporadic appearances

Gonzini

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Wed May 18, 2011 10:50 am

The Fit Board factors in balance during the swing to make it more difficult (hopefully, it will help for real golf). I have the board but I haven't tried it on the game yet.

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Gonzini Wed May 18, 2011 11:27 am

That should be good. The wii board is a good piece of kit, I imagine it would factor in weight distribution during the swing as well? It could be good practice if you can't get out for a game due to the weather!

Gonzini

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down