The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PS4 anyone disappointed?

+9
Brys
B91212
Pr4wn
Gregers
Hulking_up
Hero
kingraf
hampo17
Basset
13 posters

Go down

PS4 anyone disappointed? Empty PS4 anyone disappointed?

Post by Basset Thu 26 Dec 2013, 11:54 pm

Hi,

First time poster here but a regular viewer to this and the boxing pages just wanted to get peoples views on the ps4, got it as a present from the misses with FIFA 14 I don't see any difference graphics wise on this game with the ps3 just looks the same to me! Anyone else think the same or different?
Thanks
Denny

Basset

Back to top Go down

PS4 anyone disappointed? Empty Re: PS4 anyone disappointed?

Post by hampo17 Sat 28 Dec 2013, 6:23 pm

I've got an Xbox one and I can see a difference in the visuals, more so in the game play.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 28 Dec 2013, 7:03 pm

My PS4 is only arriving in early January - so thanks for the buyer's remorse.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Dec 2013, 7:38 pm

It's still early. They probably haven't extracted the most out of the new technology or it's abilities in the early games. I'm waiting until at least next summer, when more & better games are released & developed & it's slightly cheaper.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat 28 Dec 2013, 8:47 pm

It certainly feels crisper on the One and the players feel a lot more real in how they play, you don't seem to have moments of 'where is he going?' as much.
Of the other games I've got so far then there's none that have made me go wow especially at, though I can see the visual improvements. The voice recognition is hard to remember to do when you're used to just using a controller but starting to recognise how it wants me to say things now and can now swap instantly from netflix to a specific game in a sentence.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Sat 28 Dec 2013, 11:20 pm

BF4 looks great but i didn't play it on PS3 so can't compare.
I've heard Assasins Creed looks amazing.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 28 Dec 2013, 11:40 pm

For a visually stunning sports game you can't beat NBA 2k14. 2K always seem to make this game look superb, but on next gen it is just fantastic.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sun 29 Dec 2013, 8:37 pm

Hulking_up wrote:BF4 looks great but i didn't play it on PS3 so can't compare.
I've heard Assasins Creed looks amazing.

Ac4 looks sensational on my ps4

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Mon 30 Dec 2013, 11:27 am

One thing i don't like about the PS4 is that you don't get a notification when a friend logs in.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 30 Dec 2013, 11:39 am

And PSN barely ever works?

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon 30 Dec 2013, 1:56 pm

Pr4wn wrote:And PSN barely ever works?

Has worked perfectly for me so far, no issues at all. What service provider are you on?

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 30 Dec 2013, 2:20 pm

Heard that PSN was having a few problems over the last few days, that's all.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 31 Dec 2013, 2:15 pm

does anyone know if its backward compatible? I traded in my PS3 for the PS4, and I don't want to have buy all my 2k14 games again.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 31 Dec 2013, 2:27 pm

It's not Raf.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 31 Dec 2013, 4:17 pm

dammit! Wonderful then. Thanks in any case Hampo
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Fri 03 Jan 2014, 4:14 pm

Pr4wn wrote:Heard that PSN was having a few problems over the last few days, that's all.
It was basically down for just about all of North America over the 24th, 25th & 26th of December. I didn't bother even trying until the 27th but by then it was fine. Nintendo also struggled over the holidays for the same reason, just too many people with their shiny new consoles trying to get online at once and the servers not being able to cope. By all accounts Microsoft didn't have any issues whatsoever so a deserved nice PR victory for them.

In response to the original op I've not played fifa for a couple of years so I'm not in a position to compare between console generations on this particular title but I think I read that the 2014 version was basically developed for the last gen consoles and EA tried to make a few adjustments to make it seem superior for the new generation consoles. By reading on here it seems that the xbone version is a little better but then I always felt that sports games played better on the 360 than the PS3 so perhaps it's going to be the same initially on this generation, at least until games are developed solely for the PS4 and One.

I received Assassins Creed as an unexpected gift this Christmas. Agree that visually it looks impressive although I'm not overly sold on the game itself so far. Killzone is also supposed to look amazing but I'm not much of a FPS fan so I've not got it. I may buy it if the price drops in the future.

As a PS4 owner I'm dispointed by the games available so far, think the delays to Watch Dogs & Drive Club have hit it hard. BF4 is also supposed to be one of the most patched games of recent times so all in all I think Sony will be willing time forward to when some of their exclusive's will become available.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat 04 Jan 2014, 9:32 am

Of all the games myself and my sons have got since Christmas (Battlefield 4 & Dead Rising 3 for me, Fifa14, Madden 25, Need for Speed, Skylanders, Max & the curse of brotherhood for the boys), then it's probably the budget download only Max & the Curse of Brotherhood that we've all enjoyed the most, lovely little platform/ puzzle solver.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Basset Sat 04 Jan 2014, 3:38 pm

Thanks for your replies guys good to hear other peoples views on this! I'm still not overly impressed with FIFA 14 sure you cannot even create your own tournament which was always a bit of laugh when any of the lads called over and as for killzone personally I found it one of the most irritating games I've ever played! If anyone is looking to buy a ps4 I'd hold out until a better catalogue of games is released

Basset

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jan 2014, 8:03 pm

Basset wrote: If anyone is looking to buy a ps4 I'd hold out until a better catalogue of games is released

Yeah I'll probably wait another year or so before committing. The PS3 still has a good couple of years left, I hope!

Back to top Go down

Post by Basset Sat 04 Jan 2014, 8:25 pm

Yeah your best off mate I've actually gone back to playing my ps3 instead until a stand out game comes out on the ps4

Basset

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jan 2014, 8:42 pm

I don't think there's been a great launch (games wise) since the SNES.

Speaking of Nintendo I have been deliberating over getting a Wii 2 for the past couple of weeks. I fired up the Wii the other day and spent hours playing the Galaxy and New Mario games and had a bloody ball! Always been a sucker for their exclusives.

Does anybody on these boards own a Wii 2? It looks like a monumental flop thus far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brys Sat 04 Jan 2014, 9:46 pm

FreekShow wrote:I don't think there's been a great launch (games wise) since the SNES.

Speaking of Nintendo I have been deliberating over getting a Wii 2 for the past couple of weeks. I fired up the Wii the other day and spent hours playing the Galaxy and New Mario games and had a bloody ball! Always been a sucker for their exclusives.

Does anybody on these boards own a Wii 2? It looks like a monumental flop thus far.

I wouldn't say the Wii 2 is a flop as such though it does come in for a lot of bashing from both PS3/XBOX fanboys who seem to think the definition of a good console is sales + hardware and fancy visuals. Now what makes a good game is totally subjective and some people rate visuals on a game far higher than I do and there's nothing wrong with that, so much comes down to personal taste and not what you come across in reviews (Personally I wouldn't trust most reviewers to know a good game if it hit them in the face repeatedly, my own perspective). Wii 2 could be a flop in time but its still to early to tell and even then much will come down to how you determine the word flop.

As for the Wii 2 itself much and probably more so than the other consoles of this seventh generation it will live and die by its games for me and sadly none of these consoles have made a sterling start in that sphere. Though as you say there's not really been a console that's released with a great selection in a long time, I'd agree with your SNES assertion and add the Playstation 2 to the list but other than that its been slim pickings. It will come back to the games and what you appreciate, a success for me is not how much it sells or if it gets great reviews but by how much I enjoy the experience personally, and that's often the reason why I feel its best to wait a year before purchasing a new generation console based on past experiences.

Personally I'll be leaning towards a PS4 when I do get one but I'm hoping it will be a fresh start on what was a disappointing overall experience with the PS3/XBOX last generation. Should be an interesting year or two ahead as things stand  Very Happy 

Brys

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sat 04 Jan 2014, 10:01 pm

You mean the Wii U not 2. Smile

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jan 2014, 10:02 pm

Bull wrote:You mean the Wii U not 2. Smile

Smart arse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brys Sat 04 Jan 2014, 10:02 pm

Yeah I did, what I get for not paying attention to what I'm writing Smile

Brys

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jan 2014, 10:14 pm

Brys wrote:

You'll soon get used to Bull Brys.

Welcome to the boards by the way.  OK 

Back to top Go down

Post by Brys Sat 04 Jan 2014, 10:19 pm

FreekShow wrote:
Brys wrote:

You'll soon get used to Bull Brys.

Welcome to the boards by the way.  OK 

Thanks but I've been around for a little while under the username "Dass", new account due to problems with old email address Smile

Brys

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Thu 09 Jan 2014, 8:10 am

Im def going to wait till a must have game comes out for the ps4 . still got loads of games i ve not finished on the ps3 . too many games not enough time

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sun 12 Jan 2014, 10:13 am

The Xbox One is technically the Xbox 3 Whistle

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 13 Jan 2014, 9:39 pm

Got my ps4 yesterday. 

It's decent, but its what i expect, its a game console. 

£315 im happy can't complain. 

Don't mind paying for my online service, the headset is a nice touch, and hopefully the connection will be a lot better.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down