The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NBA 2K14

3 posters

Go down

NBA 2K14 Empty NBA 2K14

Post by hampo17 Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:32 pm

Has anyone played this? I played it on the PS3 and didn't see much improvement from the last one, however playing it on the Xbox One and there is a vast difference. Visually it is just stunning, the detail they've gone in to is just incredible.

Game play wise it as good as ever and the My Career mode is addictive. I got drafted to the 76ers, I'm a PG and currently getting 21 minutes a game, however it doesn't matter what I do, my team mates are that bad I can't win a game. We're currently on a NINE game losing streak, this is despite me scoring 29 points, getting 3 rebounds, two steals, three blocks and eleven assists in my last game.

Anyone else got this game?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

NBA 2K14 Empty Re: NBA 2K14

Post by nasisillmatic Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:37 pm

Yes I got it for xmas on PS3. I hadn't played it since 09 so it's taken a while to get use to. The D has improved ten fold over the years I've been absent so I'm finding it a bit hard.

It's a quality game though and the visuals are superb. I'm currently doing the path to greatness.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:04 am

I had NBA2K13 last year. Heard the graphics were stunning on NBA2K14 on the new consoles but the gameplay n career mode had not been vastly improved from last year's version. Think I'll wait for NBA2K15 most likely.

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:05 am

Yep I got it a while ago on PS3. I think it's a lot better on the new consoles, the story mode with the rival etc isn't on ps3.

Started as a PG, got drafted by Atlanta but they kept playing me at shooting guard despite me outplaying Jeff Teague every single game in every stat.

Demanded a trade and got sent to the Milwaukee Bucks, and am the starting PG. When I joined them, they were well off a playoff place but I averaged about 30 points and 12 assists over the last 3 months of the season and made it to the 7th seed, and am currently in the second round of the playoffs.

I find as a PG you need a good strong finisher at centre who can get a lot of offensive rebounds and is good at running the pick and roll, then as many good 3 point shooters in the other 3 positions as possible, which gives you more space to drive and take on the opposing PG.

With the Bucks, I have Larry Sanders at centre who is really good at finishing in close and is a terrific defender, Mayo/Delfino/ Ilyasova are all very good 3 point guys and I'm an athletic point guard with a 90+ pass rating and excellent speed and layup/dunks. Can't shoot though!

Maybe try asking your GM to trade for players you like, I managed to get Harrison Barnes on to the Hawks when I was there

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:31 pm

Are you playing on the next gen consoles Bam Bam? You can't request meetings with the GM anymore, they only happen when they want to tell you something on Xbox One/PS4.

There's an app for you phone btw that gives you a daily VC reward, usually 1000VC at least, you can also do the predict and win through that as well, I'm getting at leat 1400VC a day through that.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:41 pm

Yeah I've got the app and it comes in handy for the VC.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:02 pm

I've just started playing this again and I'm loving it. Just played the heat and had Lebron giving me tips on dunking before the game so I've unlocked his dunk package.

Has anyone had any endorsements yet?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down