The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kell Brook this is it!

+7
Mr Bounce
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
mobilemaster8
AlexHuckerby
3fingers
spencerclarke
ONETWOFOREVER
11 posters

Go down

Kell Brook this is it! Empty Kell Brook this is it!

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 03 Jan 2014, 10:45 pm

Happy new year gents.

This is my first article for 2014, have been a member of 606 boxing community since 2006 with both the old bbc 606 and the new 606 v2 lost sheep who roamed in the wilderness like the fleeing tribe of Hebrews who escaped from Eygpt to find the promised land.

Kell Brook.

2014 HAS to be his year. After knocking about a bit on the domestic and European scene for so long and only once or twice dipping his toe into world class, Brook has to prove to a lot of people that he really is special.

So what do you guys expect from him? How far can he go? Porter? Khan? how should Brook go about world domination in this year. We can't wait another year for him to ''get ready'' surely he needs to make a real impact. We all know he ducked out of the Alexander fight which was stupid as umpa lumpa Shaun Porter has gone on to beat the much hyped Devon and win the strap. It should be Brook with that belt but its not.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Kell Brook this is it! Empty Re: Kell Brook this is it!

Post by spencerclarke Sat 04 Jan 2014, 8:59 am

Not sure he ducked it. I think he was genuinely injured. The biggest question is his commitment to the sport. Not saying he is lazy as he probably works at it far harder than most people just maybe not enough to make it to the top. He has looked good in his fights with a few decent names on his record without very good ones. Its just he could be doing so much better if he pulled his finger out.

I could see him beating Alexander and porter. Doubtful on thurman though.

Agreed this has to be his year though. If he doesn't make the move soon there will be no one left interested. Many on these boards have switch off already.

I don't like how all our athletes get dogs of abuse though from one corner or another. Lets get behind our fighters for a change. Come on kel suprise us and put in 3 or 4 fights this year and take home a world belt.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Sat 04 Jan 2014, 9:35 am

I've heard rumours that at times he suffers from self-belief issues. If that's true then maybe it's the ebbs and flows in confidence which dictates the amount of dedication he applies.

His performances since the first Carson Jones fight should act as a huge motivator by instilling the belief he can operate at high level.

While a good counter puncher, he gets caught. He needs an to up his work rate, lead off more, and show better head movement before he can seriously consider mixing with the big boys an over the championship distance.

Unfortunately for kell, WW is a seriously strong division. I'd like to see him tested against Ortiz.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 05 Jan 2014, 4:22 am

I believe in Kell, and he was injured against Alexander.
Think he has what it takes to win a world title and think he is better than the likes of Alexander and Porter and hopefully a big showdown with Khan will happen this year with Khan being sparked out.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 05 Jan 2014, 10:19 am

Sorry ONETWO, but I struggle to see where he dipped his toes at world class level?

Struggled with journeyman jones, beat him 2nd time round at a higher weight because he couldnt be Frak. Beats an over rated ukranian former belt holder who was stopped by the magic man (yes, it happened).......

Has he fought Paulie, Devon, Bradley, Soto, Broner, Pacquiao, Thurman, Floyd, Berto, Ortiz, Guerrero, JMM, Maidana, Khan, Porter....even Judah.

No.

This will be the year he gets a vacant strap against the highly rated Steven Baloshi.....who? Exactly.

He loses to everyone of the above at the moment until he applies a more professional approach and dedicates himself.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun 05 Jan 2014, 11:06 am

Welterweight is a bit of a dud division in the sense that it seems rankings go out the window. With Floyd and Bradley it's about money not rankings. If Kell became mandatory for the WBC he's not going to get a shot. Bradley looks like he's going to go down this route too as he is entering mega fight territory. It will just be a matter of time before the other belts are snapped up by Garcia or another big name and when the likes of Kell and say Frankie Gavin come calling the champs will say "these fights don't make financial sense". Kell needs to get his skates on and get a belt quick because in another year or two he may find it nearly impossible at welter to be taken seriously by the top guys
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sun 05 Jan 2014, 12:48 pm

Brook is one of those fighters who to me will always be an "almost" guy. Injury has robbed of title shots and his lack of self belief as documented above could be an issue for his forthcoming career.

I have never particularly liked the guy although he has talent; I just don't think he's 100% sure how to use it properly.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sun 05 Jan 2014, 10:25 pm

Brook is a good fighter, but its difficult for him, because hes been sold for years as an amazing fighter. If Brook was half as special as we had been told for years he would have knocked Jones out first fight and then gone on to knock Alexander out away from home, injured or not.

He needs a new game plan. Its clear his confidence has been knocked in the past year. At least he can sell the Sheffield arena out now though. he has made some progress under hearn. but they need to bite the bullet and put him in with a top opponent, see where hes really at.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 06 Jan 2014, 1:29 pm

I think I'd pick Porter to beat him. I think Brook is better overall, but style wise, high workrate, in your face fighters are bad for him.

Alexander doesn't react well to quick swarmers either.

Brook impressed me against Shenchenko, but stand off and box guys are the ones he'll shine brightest against. They should target Paulie whose stock is good right now.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 06 Jan 2014, 4:23 pm

Paulie doesnt hold a world title though, they really want him to hold one, and he's mandatory for the IBF.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 06 Jan 2014, 4:37 pm

Kell shouldnt rush in to anything quick. He is a good prospect and needs his talent to be nurtured. No point in putting an up and coming younster like Kell who has only been professional for 10 years to get beaten by a well established fighter. He needs to play it cool and take some warm up fights

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Mon 06 Jan 2014, 5:23 pm

Steffan wrote:Kell shouldnt rush in to anything quick. He is a good prospect and needs his talent to be nurtured. No point in putting an up and coming younster like Kell who has only been professional for 10 years to get beaten by a well established fighter. He needs to play it cool and take some warm up fights

Totally disagree. He needs to fight someone top ten this year. One of the slowest moved (talented) fighters I can think of.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 07 Jan 2014, 6:56 am

Does ANYBODY with the slightest clue about boxing really care about belts anymore though? I can't imagine someone who cares enough about boxing to buy tickets won't realise the strap is meaningless.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 07 Jan 2014, 8:41 am

Boxtthis wrote:
Steffan wrote:Kell shouldnt rush in to anything quick. He is a good prospect and needs his talent to be nurtured. No point in putting an up and coming younster like Kell who has only been professional for 10 years to get beaten by a well established fighter. He needs to play it cool and take some warm up fights

Totally disagree. He needs to fight someone top ten this year. One of the slowest moved (talented) fighters I can think of.

Boxtthis, I would maybe reread Steffans message mate....

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down