The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forget speeders......Time to start penalising slow drivers ???

+12
westisbest
kingraf
The Fourth Lion
rIck_dAgless
Mad for Chelsea
Lumbering_Jack
TopHat24/7
JuliusHMarx
Mind the windows Tino.
seanmichaels
Rowley
TRUSSMAN66
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Forget speeders......Time to start penalising slow drivers ??? - Page 2 Empty Forget speeders......Time to start penalising slow drivers ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 23 Jan 2014, 10:18 am

First topic message reminder :

Coming home from work the other day.......I was stuck as everybody else was (15 car tailback) by some chick doing 22 mph in a 30 zone..(Think it was a chick it usually is!!)...30 Isn't fast for heaven sake surely you can keep up with that.........Next thing a car pulls out four back from her and tries to overtake the lot luckily the 2nd car behind her made some space to avoid a head-on......My adrenalin was pumping let alone how there's must have been....

I do 38 It's dangerous and I get points and a fine.......She does 22 has everybody behind her getting angry and making some do stupid things...Apparently It's not....Time for police to pull over stragglers and say ante up or get..........

In my old age I've become less patient and at the moment when someone holds me up at night doing a stupid speed I tend to put my main beam on so they get the message!!

Am I a knob or do I have a point ??..................Or both !! Cool 

Time to start penalising slow drivers..........In my opinion

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Forget speeders......Time to start penalising slow drivers ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Forget speeders......Time to start penalising slow drivers ???

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 27 Jan 2014, 6:26 pm

What about methods of transport that cannot do that speed. Not everyone wants to drive a earth polluting metal cage all the time.

Cycles, horses, agricultural vehicles etc... All can't do the speed limit. People need to be patient.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Forget speeders......Time to start penalising slow drivers ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Forget speeders......Time to start penalising slow drivers ???

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 27 Jan 2014, 9:16 pm

Or those that can't keep up can f*** off!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 27 Jan 2014, 9:46 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Or those that can't keep up can f*** off!

I had that attitude when I was 18 and had just learned to drive. I've grown out of it now.

Ironic as well that my commute on my bike is faster than any other method of transport. Perhaps the cars should f**k off because all they do is hold me up.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Lion Tue 28 Jan 2014, 4:38 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
The Fourth Lion wrote:Is it only "chicks" who drive slowly, Truss..?   I think there could be other social groups involved.  I'll come to that in a minute.

Let's clear up one simple issue first.  The speed limit is exactly that.  It's a limit.  Not a target.

Hell no, totally the wrong way of looking at it.  Otherwise it'd be permissible to dawdle along at 10 mph all the time......

The speed limit is the maximum speed consider perfectly safe and appropriate to drive in standard driving conditions.  Therefore that is the speed you should be driving.  You may then revise your driving speed downwards as may be appropriate for the purveying conditions e.g. fog, snow, extreme heavy rain.

Unless there are adverse conditions, there is absolutely no acceptable reason to not drive at the speed limit.  If you're not comfortable doing so, you shouldn't be on the road.

The same people that fanny around at 20-25 in a 30 are always the same people that slam their breaks on round corners or in the face of approaching traffic in the opposing lane. Ninnies, the lot of them.

So, your argument, I take it, is that drivers must, at all times, drive at the maximum permitted speed unless there is some justifiable reason not to..?

OK..... so..... if you take the rest of my first message into account, allow me to ask you:  Do you consider somebody who is permanently less capable  (not incapable... that's another issue altogether) of driving at the maximum permitted speed, such as an elderly person  (which I went into some depth to describe) unfit to drive..?

I'm not at the stage (yet) where my responses are affected by my age, but I recognise that there is likely to come a time when that may well be the case.  Would you expect me to say  "Oh dear, I'd better stop driving because I might have to slow down a little and it will annoy other road users."

Do you really..... really.... think the average person does that..?   Selfish..?   I would say it is no more selfish than fully able drivers telling the elderly they "shouldn't be on the road" just so they can go a little faster.  

Selfish is as selfish does.

I disagree with you on your comment that driving at the very maximum end of the speed limit should be the norm.  If a driver, for any reason, is not comfortable with driving as the maximum speed limit, and does not feel it safe to do so, then it is irresponsible to go faster.  Irresponsible and possibly dangerous.  

Safety trumps convenience every time, in my opinion.  I suppose that is something we shall just have to agree to disagree on.
The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Lion Tue 28 Jan 2014, 4:56 am

Lumbering_Jack wrote:What about methods of transport that cannot do that speed. Not everyone wants to drive a earth polluting metal cage all the time.

Cycles, horses, agricultural vehicles etc... All can't do the speed limit. People need to be patient.

I quite like my earth polluting metal cage, actually, Jack. I can get from A to B sitting in the warm and dry. I can have Stevie Ray Vaughan on the stereo without compromising mine or other road users safety and I can even, say, put my lights on if it's getting dark or flick the wipers on if it's starting to rain without losing my concentration on what's going on around me.

Contrast this with the IPod zombie, riding without a helmet, with no lights on his bike, wearing a dark coloured track suit around dusk, who ignores traffic lights and turns right without signalling.

I'm not stereotyping here. Of course, not all cyclists are like that. But unfortunately, there are far too many who fit the above description to a T.

There was a schoolgirl who did a paper round not too far from where I live a couple of years ago. She fitted the above description. She's in a wheelchair for life, now. No prizes for guessing what happened to her.

Fortunately, in my town, the council have made good provision for cyclists.... plenty of cycle lanes.... which is good. Most cyclists use them and there is good safety with minimal disruption to traffic flow. All good. Perhaps that should be the norm around the country.

What are things like, in that regard, where you are..?
The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 28 Jan 2014, 12:16 pm

The Fourth Lion wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
The Fourth Lion wrote:Is it only "chicks" who drive slowly, Truss..?   I think there could be other social groups involved.  I'll come to that in a minute.

Let's clear up one simple issue first.  The speed limit is exactly that.  It's a limit.  Not a target.

Hell no, totally the wrong way of looking at it.  Otherwise it'd be permissible to dawdle along at 10 mph all the time......

The speed limit is the maximum speed consider perfectly safe and appropriate to drive in standard driving conditions.  Therefore that is the speed you should be driving.  You may then revise your driving speed downwards as may be appropriate for the purveying conditions e.g. fog, snow, extreme heavy rain.

Unless there are adverse conditions, there is absolutely no acceptable reason to not drive at the speed limit.  If you're not comfortable doing so, you shouldn't be on the road.

The same people that fanny around at 20-25 in a 30 are always the same people that slam their breaks on round corners or in the face of approaching traffic in the opposing lane. Ninnies, the lot of them.

So, your argument, I take it, is that drivers must, at all times, drive at the maximum permitted speed unless there is some justifiable reason not to..? Yes. Clue's in the name, unless there is a justifiable reason not to drive at the speed deemed safe and permissible for the road then by definition there is no justifiable reason not to.

OK..... so..... if you take the rest of my first message into account, allow me to ask you:  Do you consider somebody who is permanently less capable  (not incapable... that's another issue altogether) of driving at the maximum permitted speed, such as an elderly person  (which I went into some depth to describe) unfit to drive..? Yes. Not fit to drive same as someone who can't see further than 20 feet is unfit to drive, or someone with arthritis so severe they can't turn the steering wheel would be unfit to drive.

I'm not at the stage (yet) where my responses are affected by my age, but I recognise that there is likely to come a time when that may well be the case.  Would you expect me to say  "Oh dear, I'd better stop driving because I might have to slow down a little and it will annoy other road users." I believe in mandatory re-sitting of the driving exam aged 65, people being placed onto special 'OAP' drivers licences. Even if the test is slightly less severe than that which new learners/drivers take (i.e. crediting the older driver with his/her experience) it needs to be assessed whether they are capable of operating on modern road systems with modern cars. Tbh, it's probably fair to say everyone should have to do a resit every 15 years or so.

Do you really..... really.... think the average person does that..?   Selfish..?   I would say it is no more selfish than fully able drivers telling the elderly they "shouldn't be on the road" just so they can go a little faster.  

Selfish is as selfish does.

I disagree with you on your comment that driving at the very maximum end of the speed limit should be the norm.  If a driver, for any reason, is not comfortable with driving as the maximum speed limit, and does not feel it safe to do so, then it is irresponsible to go faster.  Irresponsible and possibly dangerous.  It's irresponsible and dangerous to go unnecessarily and unjustifiably slow. Go take your driving test again and do it driving no faster than 20-25 mph the whole time. You will fail. No amount of excuses about what you 'feel comfortable with' will save you, fact is you are not forming part of the road traffic flow, you are causing an obstruction and will make other road users take evasive action - this is an automatic fail.

Safety trumps convenience every time, in my opinion.  I suppose that is something we shall just have to agree to disagree on.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 28 Jan 2014, 6:16 pm

The Fourth Lion wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:What about methods of transport that cannot do that speed. Not everyone wants to drive a earth polluting metal cage all the time.

I quite like my earth polluting metal cage, actually, Jack.   I can get from A to B sitting in the warm and dry.  I can have Stevie Ray Vaughan on the stereo without compromising mine or other road users safety and I can even, say, put my lights on if it's getting dark or flick the wipers on if it's starting to rain without losing my concentration on what's going on around me.

Contrast this with the IPod zombie, riding without a helmet, with no lights on his bike, wearing a dark coloured track suit around dusk, who ignores traffic lights and turns right without signalling.

I'm not stereotyping here.  Of course, not all cyclists are like that.  But unfortunately, there are far too many who fit the above description to a T.

There was a schoolgirl who did a paper round not too far from where I live a couple of years ago. She fitted the above description.  She's in a wheelchair for life, now.  No prizes for guessing what happened to her.

Fortunately, in my town, the council have made good provision for cyclists.... plenty of cycle lanes.... which is good.  Most cyclists use them and there is good safety with minimal disruption to traffic flow.  All good.  Perhaps that should be the norm around the country.  

What are things like, in that regard, where you are..?

I've never seen a cyclist wearing headphones. Don't doubt it happens but it must be pretty infrequent.

An important consideration with cycling is the damage that is done if one makes a mistake. A cyclist hits a car an it's a scratch. A car hits a cyclist and it's broken bones or worse. The problem with idiotic drivers with thuggish attitudes like Toppy is that most of them can't really drive. I've lost count of the number of times a car has tried to overtake me round a corner/roundabout/traffic island/parked cars etc... Clueless.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 28 Jan 2014, 6:36 pm

no cycle lanes in the Johannesburg jungle... Happened to me twice now where I've seen two cyclists sharing a lane as I was coming through up a rising hairpin Luckily it was a rather empty road. If there's oncoming traffic, these guys are unavoidable. Moreover, if there's oncoming traffic (trucks and such), and I have to choose between the life of these idiots who can't understand single file, and my family, or girlfriend - I can't say the choice going to take too long...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 28 Jan 2014, 7:39 pm

Unless they're riding into oncoming traffic i don't see the issue. If you're unable to judge an overtake properly then you shouldn't be on the road, not the cyclists.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 29 Jan 2014, 8:33 am

kingraf wrote:no cycle lanes in the Johannesburg jungle... Happened to me twice now where I've seen two cyclists sharing a lane as I was coming through up a rising hairpin Luckily it was a rather empty road. If there's oncoming traffic, these guys are unavoidable. Moreover, if there's oncoming traffic (trucks and such), and I have to choose between the life of these idiots who can't understand single file, and my family, or girlfriend - I can't say the choice going to take too long...

Well said.

Nothing worse than 2 cyclists riding along side each other.

Get in single file people.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 29 Jan 2014, 8:41 am

Lumbering_Jack wrote:

I've never seen a cyclist wearing headphones. Don't doubt it happens but it must be pretty infrequent.

You see hundreds off them in London over the course of a year. I think they assume that the slower moving traffic in the city means they can get away with a little less care and attention.

But, on the flip side, you see tens of thousands of appalling drivers in London over the course of the same year.

People in cars quite often think they are invincible and drive as such. They give insecure little men and women a chance to be kings and queens in their chariots for a while.

For me, I would happily take the minor annoyance of some slow moving cyclists over the seemingly infinite number of tw*ts who somehow manage to pass a driving test.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 29 Jan 2014, 9:02 am

westisbest wrote:
kingraf wrote:no cycle lanes in the Johannesburg jungle... Happened to me twice now where I've seen two cyclists sharing a lane as I was coming through up a rising hairpin Luckily it was a rather empty road. If there's oncoming traffic, these guys are unavoidable. Moreover, if there's oncoming traffic (trucks and such), and I have to choose between the life of these idiots who can't understand single file, and my family, or girlfriend - I can't say the choice going to take too long...

Well said.

You seriously expect a big group to ride in single file?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 29 Jan 2014, 9:03 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:

You see hundreds off them in London over the course of a year.  I think they assume that the slower moving traffic in the city means they can get away with a little less care and attention.

But, on the flip side, you see tens of thousands of appalling drivers in London over the course of the same year.

People in cars quite often think they are invincible and drive as such.  They give insecure little men and women a chance to be kings and queens in their chariots for a while.  

For me, I would happily take the minor annoyance of some slow moving cyclists over the seemingly infinite number of tw*ts who somehow manage to pass a driving test.

You have to worry about these people. Headphones on a busy road... Might as well out a target in your back.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 29 Jan 2014, 9:22 am

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
westisbest wrote:

Well said.

Nothing said about a big group.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 29 Jan 2014, 9:41 am

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Unless they're riding into oncoming traffic i don't see the issue. If you're unable to judge an overtake properly then you shouldn't be on the road, not the cyclists.

And what about cyclists undertaking lorries? Even ones indicating to turn left? What about the ones cycling the wrong way up one way streets? And the ones going through red lights and not stopping at pedestrian crossings?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 29 Jan 2014, 10:08 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:

And what about cyclists undertaking lorries? Even ones indicating to turn left? What about the ones cycling the wrong way up one way streets? And the ones going through red lights and not stopping at pedestrian crossings?

One got squashed under a bus near Bishopsgate a couple of years back.  Was a bit annoying as I had to cross the road to continue my walk to the station.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jan 2014, 12:07 pm

westisbest wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:
westisbest wrote:

Well said.

Not a crime to be two abreast (causing an obstuction under the Highway's Act etc etc etc) but it IS extremely ******** inconsiderate of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 29 Jan 2014, 1:17 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:Unless they're riding into oncoming traffic i don't see the issue. If you're unable to judge an overtake properly then you shouldn't be on the road, not the cyclists.

Cyclist that undertake lorries turning left generally die if they get it wrong. Cars also run red lights and commit more crimes in on the road than cyclists, so it's not exactly an exclusive crime.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 29 Jan 2014, 1:19 pm

westisbest wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:
westisbest wrote:

Well said.

Well even if it is just 2, it's still perfectly acceptable. If you don't have room to overtake, then be patient and wait your turn.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 29 Jan 2014, 1:26 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Cyclist that undertake lorries turning left generally die if they get it wrong. Cars also run red lights and commit more crimes in on the road than cyclists, so it's not exactly an exclusive crime.

The number of cars running red lights is miniscule compared to the number of cyclists. Drivers only commit more 'crimes' if you include speeding. Almost never see a driver going the wrong way up a one way street for example.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 29 Jan 2014, 1:33 pm

You can get bogged down in all the details you like, there are more w*nkers behind the wheels of cars than there are on bikes. Not even comparable.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 29 Jan 2014, 1:37 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

The number of cars running red lights is miniscule compared to the number of cyclists.  Drivers only commit more 'crimes' if you include speeding.  Almost never see a driver going the wrong way up a one way street for example.

You're a cyclist hater. Don't let that cloud your judgement. I see infringements everytime I'm on my bike (or driving). Both commit crimes, but it is far more frequent in cars.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 29 Jan 2014, 1:46 pm

What 'crimes' then LJ?

List some off and I'll have a look out for them.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 29 Jan 2014, 1:47 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:You can get bogged down in all the details you like, there are more w*nkers behind the wheels of cars than there are on bikes.  Not even comparable.

Because more people drive than cycle.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 29 Jan 2014, 1:50 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:You can get bogged down in all the details you like, there are more w*nkers behind the wheels of cars than there are on bikes.  Not even comparable.

No sh*t, Sherlock.

I assumed that the people of 606v2 were bright enough to read between the lines and realise I was talking about it being proportionate to the amount of people that do either activity.

You're either f*cking stupid or being deliberately obdurate. Who knows with you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 29 Jan 2014, 1:56 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

No sh*t, Sherlock.  

I assumed that the people of 606v2 were bright enough to read between the lines and realise I was talking about it being proportionate to the amount of people that do either activity.  

You're either f*cking stupid or being deliberately obdurate.  Who knows with you.

I'm quite bright (for example I can tell the difference between "stationary" and "stationery" and have read several books) yet I didn't find it obvious that you meant it being proportionate.  You shouldn't really be relying on other people to read between the lines, you should explain yourself more clearly.

C*nt.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 29 Jan 2014, 2:02 pm

Good one.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 29 Jan 2014, 2:04 pm

Cheers. You could've kept it going for a bit, be interesting to see if people chose sides.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 29 Jan 2014, 2:06 pm

I'm trying to wind TopHat up. It is a bit pointless carrying it on if he doesn't bite.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 29 Jan 2014, 2:06 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

No sh*t, Sherlock.  

You're either f*cking stupid or being deliberately obdurate.  Who knows with you.

Laugh Laugh Laugh 

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 29 Jan 2014, 2:06 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
westisbest wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:
westisbest wrote:

Well said.

Well even if it is just 2, it's still perfectly acceptable. If you don't have room to overtake, then be patient and wait your turn.

If you say so.
Dont think its right.
Nothing wrong with 2 people riding single file, than together blocking most of the lane.

Will agree to dissagree.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 29 Jan 2014, 2:07 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I'm trying to wind TopHat up.  It is a bit pointless carrying it on if he doesn't bite.

kiss 

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 29 Jan 2014, 2:09 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I'm trying to wind TopHat up.  It is a bit pointless carrying it on if he doesn't bite.

kiss 

Not quite the reaction I was aiming for, but never mind!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 29 Jan 2014, 2:12 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

kiss 

Not quite the reaction I was aiming for, but never mind!

Great wind-up, Tino. Still think you should've carried on.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 29 Jan 2014, 2:28 pm

I'm in too cheery a mood right now Smile Got a new job so will be getting my money's worth on here for a couple more months then when I move I doubt I'll be able to get on much anymore.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 29 Jan 2014, 2:29 pm

Congratulations.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 29 Jan 2014, 2:30 pm

Cheers bud, sorry you will have one less person to abuse on here.

Sorry more to Galted who'll probably be the one taking up the slack......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 29 Jan 2014, 2:33 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Cheers bud, sorry you will have one less person to abuse on here.

Sorry more to Galted who'll probably be the one taking up the slack......

What are doing then? Same industry?

I think I take more sh*t than Galted/Jeff/Julius/Shah than I give out.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 29 Jan 2014, 2:37 pm

Yeh, similar stuff at a bigger firm located nearby (convenient for not having to switch up my commute!).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 29 Jan 2014, 2:40 pm

Good luck, pal.

Heartwarming to see some employers are not put off by obesity.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Wed 29 Jan 2014, 2:51 pm

Maybe they need to fill some big shoes so they just got somebody big

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jan 2014, 2:59 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Yeh, similar stuff at a bigger firm located nearby (convenient for not having to switch up my commute!).
Going from a Tesco Express to a Tesco Superstore eh?

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 29 Jan 2014, 3:02 pm

Ha! Won't be long till being a fat feicer is added to the list of 'protected characteristics' under the HRA!!

Was in the news the other day about councils now issuing disabled badges to fatties. AMAZING!! laughing

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 29 Jan 2014, 3:03 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Yeh, similar stuff at a bigger firm located nearby (convenient for not having to switch up my commute!).
Going from a Tesco Express to a Tesco Superstore eh?

Yeh, that kind of thing... ;-)

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jan 2014, 3:09 pm

1GrumpyGolfer wrote:Maybe they need to fill some big shoes so they just got somebody big
Wanna fill big shoes then hire a clown..oh wait, they did!

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 29 Jan 2014, 3:09 pm

Ignore the mockery, TopHat, I can tell by the type and location of the restaurants and pubs you frequent that you're a man of considerable wealth.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jan 2014, 3:11 pm

Galted wrote:Ignore the mockery, TopHat, I can tell by the type and location of the restaurants and pubs you frequent that you're a man of considerable wealth.  
If not taste...or functioning tastebuds

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 29 Jan 2014, 3:18 pm

westisbest wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:
westisbest wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:
westisbest wrote:

Well said.

If you say so.
Dont think its right.
Nothing wrong with 2 people riding single file, than together blocking most of the lane.

Will agree to dissagree.

Cars block the whole lane when I ride to work. They should get off the roads. Bloody things slowing me up.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 29 Jan 2014, 3:20 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Good luck, pal.

Heartwarming to see some employers are not put off by obesity.

As a chief executive in the city, Tino, if you had the choice between a fatty or a regularly proportioned person, who would you hire if they were of equal ability. A walking heart attack, or someone who won't eat all the birthday biscuits. Assuming they are of equal ability of course.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 29 Jan 2014, 3:22 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:What 'crimes' then LJ?

List some off and I'll have a look out for them.

Well for a start, look at the number of car drivers prosecuted for driving without a license or insurance. Thousands. Not one cyclist was prosecuted last year for these offences.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next