The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Top 10 Goalkeepers in the Premier League on their Peak

5 posters

Go down

The Top 10 Goalkeepers in the Premier League on their Peak Empty The Top 10 Goalkeepers in the Premier League on their Peak

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:54 am

With Soldier of Fortune refusing to acknowledge that Pepe Reina was a fine keeper and not "a little bald Spanish pig" as he called him (this may or may not be fiction), I have decided to start a thread for goalkeepers who have played in the Premier League and us lovely forummers discussing their abilities not on longevity or records, but peak abilities.

This way, Jussi playing for 12 odd years isnt really important, its how good he was at his best compared to, for example, Petr Cech at his best.

So, who are the top ten goalkeepers in Premier League history on peak ability alone?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The Top 10 Goalkeepers in the Premier League on their Peak Empty Re: The Top 10 Goalkeepers in the Premier League on their Peak

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:23 am

Laugh

My list will just be the same as the one posted in the other one. Although I may just ask my dad for some advice.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

The Top 10 Goalkeepers in the Premier League on their Peak Empty Re: The Top 10 Goalkeepers in the Premier League on their Peak

Post by Mike Selig Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:06 pm

I'd have Cech probably at number 1. Prior to his injury he was insanely good.

Given would probably be a couple of places higher as well, as would Reina.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:18 pm

Nothing really changes for me.

Schmeichael, seaman, vds, Cech.

How long is a peak, 1 game?

Barthez had a lot of ability and had a good season with us in 02/03 (iirc).

Who else would breach the top 10?

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:17 pm

Cudicini would push in for me, on his top game he was absolutely superb. Lehmann too, think he was imperious when he was good

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:19 pm

Schmeichel was simply the best, on his best day he was without equal, nobody else comes close.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down