The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time for the regions to walk away from the Rabo

+21
VinceWLB
Jhamer25
cakeordeath
Welshmushroom
Allty
quinsforever
Stone Motif
Breadvan
Knowsit17
ME-109
glamorganalun
SecretFly
RDSguru
Notch
BlueMuff
The Saint
MrsP
Artful_Dodger
stevetynant
LeinsterFan4life
LordDowlais
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Time for the regions to walk away from the Rabo Empty Time for the regions to walk away from the Rabo

Post by LordDowlais Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:35 pm

I am watching the Ospreys V Munster game and yet again with only half an hour gone I am seeing biased Irish refereeing. The best thing the Welsh regions could do is walk away from this farce, I am fed up and sick to death with seeing Munster, Leinster and Ulster getting the lions share of the decisions with the poor officiating we are subjected to in this league, until the Irish refs can start to learn to be fair then the only thing the regions can do is walk away, perhaps this Anglo/Welsh league is not a bad idea, I for one am fed up of what I am being subjected to every week with the way things are happening, it's time to walk away I reckon. steam 

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Time for the regions to walk away from the Rabo Empty Re: Time for the regions to walk away from the Rabo

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:47 pm

In what way is the ref biased? He is giving everything to the Ospreys now... He is an Ulsterman so what reason does he have to be biased considering Ulster are behind Munster in the league?

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Time for the regions to walk away from the Rabo Empty Re: Time for the regions to walk away from the Rabo

Post by stevetynant Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:54 pm

It cracks me up hearing welsh fans,and I'm one of them,moaning about the rabbo when our sides are the uncompetitive ones.in what way is that the leagues fault?

stevetynant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:56 pm

Yep, the ref moaning has to stop. Put a sock in it Dowlais!

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:08 pm

Griff wrote:Yep, the ref moaning has to stop. Put a sock in it Dowlais!

Why don't YOU keep a sock in it ? If you do not agree then state your reason why, I am not just basing it on this game, but on the season as a whole and the seasons prior, the big Irish three are always getting the decisions from the Irish refs and it is starting to irk me now, if you do not like my opinion then don't read it it.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:13 pm

What reason does he have to be bias?!?!? If anything he would want the Ospreys to win as Ulster are behind Munster..

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:20 pm

It doesn't add up does it Dowlias. All three of the provinces you have named have made the HC knockouts without any Irish referees officiating their games. In contrast none of the regions have done the same. Provinces are better teams and perhaps you are attempting to reconcile this by blaming refs?

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:21 pm

Oh dear goodness me!

picard 

How any Welsh fan can ever complain about poor reffereeing really confuses me? The number of times their national team have benefitted from ref errors is ridiculous but yet some of them moan again and again about how unfair the world is.

Really heartening to see many Welsh fans on here showing the correct attitude.

clap 

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:26 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

Why don't YOU keep a sock in it ? If you do not agree then state your reason why, I am not just basing it on this game, but on the season as a whole and the seasons prior, the big Irish three are always getting the decisions from the Irish refs and it is starting to irk me now, if you do not like my opinion then don't read it it.

I will state my reason: there is no ref bias in the Rabo, HC/AC or international game. Mistakes, yes. But bias, no. You've just got a victims mentality so only ever look for someone else to blame when your team is losing, rather than considering that your team have not been good enough or made mistakes themselves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:29 pm

P.s. You wrote "if you do not like my opinion then do not read it". Do us a favour then and be a bit less cryptic in your titles. I had to go into the thread to see what it was about as the title could have been about anything. Perhaps you could have just written a title like "Ref bias against welsh sides". I would have steered clear then. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:30 pm

Just on the game. The Ospreys have some good scouts Ardron and Hassler were great finds.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:33 pm

MrsP wrote:

How any Welsh fan can ever complain about poor reffereeing really confuses me? The number of times their national team have benefitted from ref errors is ridiculous but yet some of them moan again and again about how unfair the world is.

And what's the best way to respond to ridiculous posts? Post even more ridiculous BS like this here. Never a dull moment with Irish.
 Doh 

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:39 pm

It's not the Irish doing the moaning Saint!

At least, I don't think Dowlais is Irish???

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:41 pm

Please do walk yee would be no loss poor teams and rubbish crowds

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:42 pm

Nah, extreme Irish whinging has been a common theme on V2 for a long time. Especially if they're losing to a Welsh team, or Gatland has said something in the newspaper. Irish whinging has been reduced now and the discussions are more rugby-focused, thank god. I hope it stays that way. That said MrsP, that was just one of many BS posts from you.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:42 pm

You understand that given the peace deal on European rugby, the English sides will not have the Welsh regions- if they ever really would have...

They're getting what they wanted, now the Welsh regions are surplus to their requirements.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:43 pm

The Saint wrote:Nah, extreme Irish whinging has been a common theme on V2 for a long time. Especially if they're losing to a Welsh team, or Gatland has said something in the newspaper. Irish whinging has been reduced now and the discussions are more rugby-focused, thank god. I hope it stays that way. That said MrsP, that was just one of many BS posts from you.

Frankly you're out of line here, she's a right to her opinion the same as you so please do not post personal comments about other posters.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by RDSguru Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:44 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:In what way is the ref biased? He is giving everything to the Ospreys now... He is an Ulsterman so what reason does he have to be biased considering Ulster are behind Munster in the league?

Not agreeing with the calls of bias, but Ulster stand to gain from a Munster win.... with playoffs in mind!

RDSguru

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:45 pm

Notch wrote:
The Saint wrote:Nah, extreme Irish whinging has been a common theme on V2 for a long time. Especially if they're losing to a Welsh team, or Gatland has said something in the newspaper. Irish whinging has been reduced now and the discussions are more rugby-focused, thank god. I hope it stays that way. That said MrsP, that was just one of many BS posts from you.

Frankly you're out of line here, she's a right to her opinion the same as you so please do not post personal comments.

I was playing the post though, so really there isn't anything wrong with what I said. I'm entitled to claim a complete and utter BS post has been posted to smite someone, if I see it that way.

Munster win fair and square for me BTW. They were always going to win given the contrast in quality between the two 'understrength' teams.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:45 pm

WOT IS Goin' On Here!?

Just when you thought everyone was over at the International threads someone tries to drop in a Ref article on Pro12!

Very naughty behavior.   We'd never have this talk if the Welsh regions joined the AP of course, and had to let themselves be refereed by good stock English upwardly righteous gents who know how to be unbiased with a stiff upper lip.  It's just us animal western types that are crude enough in our bearskins to play things cute'n' crafty.

Maybe.  And maybe Lord just prefers the idea of playing against the English....and is a little annoyed that the option seems to be slipping away.
Sorry that we're very much second choice on your list, Lord.  I too might like our Provinces playing more games against the French Top14 sides.  But there you go - we're both stumped Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:46 pm

laughing 

Oh deary deary deary me Saint!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:47 pm

No, you aren't entitled to call someone else's posts BS, because it inflames the situation, and you don't seem to have learnt your lessons from previous warnings/bans.

As for 'smiting' someone...  Rolling Eyes
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:49 pm

A great post for comedy value, LD.

Anyway, where are you going to walk away too? You're stuck with us lot  Hug 

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:51 pm

Notch wrote:No, you aren't entitled to call someone else's posts BS, because it inflames the situation, and you don't seem to have learnt your lessons from previous warnings/bans.

Well if it's a made up post, then it does come across as BS? Surely MrsP's original post inflamed the situation after most retorts stepped in to disagree with the OP? Though, I'm not saying my retort helped. #ulsterbuddies #moderatorposterunion Hug

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:53 pm

One of these days you're going to need to grow up a little bit pal.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:55 pm

When you say "inflamed the situation", how exactly did my post inflame anything (apart from you it would seem)?

I disagreed with the OP. Gave a reason and complimented the other posters who had also disagreed.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by RDSguru Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:55 pm

Notch wrote:One of these days you're going to need to grow up a little bit pal.

Not inflammatory at all eh?

RDSguru

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:55 pm

Just showed the Ospreys disallowed try on tv it was a try. Spratt just stated no many decisions went their way but they played poorly and Munster took their chances. The crowd noise is a good indicator of the ref's performance.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by RDSguru Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:57 pm

MrsP wrote:Gave a reason and complimented the other posters who had also disagreed.

You mean patronised

RDSguru

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:58 pm

MrsP wrote:When you say "inflamed the situation", how exactly did my post inflame anything (apart from you it would seem)?

I disagreed with the OP. Gave a reason and complimented the other posters who had also disagreed.

Probably inflamed the situation the way my post supposedly did (ask Notch). That you did, but there was no need for the paragraph I highlighted.

Sorry anyway, for what it's worth. I do often overreact.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:59 pm

glamorganalun wrote:Just showed the Ospreys disallowed try on tv it was a try. Spratt just stated no many decisions went their way but they played poorly and Munster took their chances. The crowd noise is a good indicator of the ref's performance.

I missed the first 30 minutes. Do you mean the try that was ruled out for double movement?

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:59 pm

The ref gave the Ospreys a lot and were lucky in a number of scrums with Munster being totally dominant there. I agree that it was a try though.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:02 pm

glamorganalun wrote:Just showed the Ospreys disallowed try on tv it was a try. Spratt just stated no many decisions went their way but they played poorly and Munster took their chances. The crowd noise is a good indicator of the ref's performance.

In Wales (or more correctly in a Welsh club game)? That has to be the funniest thing going. All you ever hear at welsh games are the crowd booing, calling the ref a cheat, howling at any decision that goes against them...

Anyhow started watching the game on S4C..and put on the english commentary. Turned that off soon enough...the moaning from the commentators was painful from the beginning. Listened to it in Welsh...hadnt a clue what was being said but it sounds pleasant.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:05 pm

Ah right. So, when you said "inflamed the situation" what you meant was "disagreed with Saint"!

Righty Oh!

Gotcha now!

Very Happy 

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:27 pm

The O's are a shambles this season. The odd resounding victory counterbalanced by the lingering proof that they are currently unable to hold their own against top opposition. They're completely out of their depth. The top of the table remains primarily a contest between 3 of the 4 Irish provinces (with Glasgow occasionally mixing it up). Ospreys' capacity to mount a serious challenge in the Pro12 has declined to the point where it's almost a joke (don't let their position in the table deceive you!) and Tandy has utterly failed to alter their record in Europe, which now looks more pathetic than ever.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:28 pm

We (Ulster) are on the same points as Ospreys. But our league form has been much poorer than our European form.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:30 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

Excuse-mongering at its most stubborn. The Ospreys consistently fall short in Europe, and now in the league anew, because they're crap and this season have shown a glaring inability to compete with the likes of Munster, Leinster, Ulster, Glasgow etc. Truth hurts...

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:32 pm

ME-109 wrote:

In Wales (or more correctly in a Welsh club game)? That has to be the funniest thing going. All you ever hear at welsh games are the crowd booing, calling the ref a cheat, howling at any decision that goes against them...

Anyhow started watching the game on S4C..and put on the english commentary. Turned that off soon enough...the moaning from the commentators was painful from the beginning. Listened to it in Welsh...hadnt a clue what was being said but it sounds pleasant.

I watched it with the Welsh commentry, I don't know who was giving the alternative English speaking commentry I used to pick it up but clowns like D Bishop put me off, I prefer the BBC2W commentry.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:15 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:The O's are a shambles this season. The odd resounding victory counterbalanced by the lingering proof that they are currently unable to hold their own against top opposition. They're completely out of their depth. The top of the table remains primarily a contest between 3 of the 4 Irish provinces (with Glasgow occasionally mixing it up). Ospreys' capacity to mount a serious challenge in the Pro12 has declined to the point where it's almost a joke (don't let their position in the table deceive you!) and Tandy has utterly failed to alter their record in Europe, which now looks more pathetic than ever.

Absolute BS. you know nothing of the Ospreys work. We lost today due to the mistakes we made and Munster punished us. Simples. We're constantly the top regional side and have a good crop of players coming thru. Our HC is crap but whose in Wales is better at the moment? Good grief...
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:40 pm

Breadvan wrote:
Knowsit17 wrote:The O's are a shambles this season. The odd resounding victory counterbalanced by the lingering proof that they are currently unable to hold their own against top opposition. They're completely out of their depth. The top of the table remains primarily a contest between 3 of the 4 Irish provinces (with Glasgow occasionally mixing it up). Ospreys' capacity to mount a serious challenge in the Pro12 has declined to the point where it's almost a joke (don't let their position in the table deceive you!) and Tandy has utterly failed to alter their record in Europe, which now looks more pathetic than ever.

Absolute BS. you know nothing of the Ospreys work. We lost today due to the mistakes we made and Munster punished us. Simples. We're constantly the top regional side and have a good crop of players coming thru. Our HC is crap but whose in Wales is better at the moment? Good grief...

Not my point. I wasn't comparing Ospreys to the other regions, to that extent you could easily make a case that all are sub-standard to varying degrees and none currently look to be competing with the top tier of clubs in the Pro12 or anywhere near that of Europe. Though it might be worth saying that not all the other regions have the same expectations on them as the O's and to that end some exceed expectations in ways that the O's don't. Pretty sure all the other regions respectively won more games in Europe than the O's this season.

I was speaking more individually about the Ospreys. Their Euro record has, for the most part, always been pi$$ poor but at least in recent seasons they were consistently in contention for the Pro12. It wasn't at all unheard of for them to beat the likes of Leinster, Munster, Glasgow, Ulster etc home and away, which they at least used to do semi-regularly. This season they've been tamely rolled over by all mentioned. Their position on the table is the only positive feature and that is mainly due to success in the derbies and big wins over weakened Treviso sides like the other night. Can't see them winning the title or even making the final against the other sides in the mix.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:44 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:
Breadvan wrote:

Not my point. I wasn't comparing Ospreys to the other regions, to that extent you could easily make a case that all are sub-standard to varying degrees and none currently look to be competing with the top tier of clubs in the Pro12 or anywhere near that of Europe. Though it might be worth saying that not all the other regions have the same expectations on them as the O's and to that end some exceed expectations in ways that the O's don't. Pretty sure all the other regions respectively won more games in Europe than the O's this season.

I was speaking more individually about the Ospreys. Their Euro record has, for the most part, always been pi$$ poor but at least in recent seasons they were consistently in contention for the Pro12. It wasn't at all unheard of for them to beat the likes of Leinster, Munster, Glasgow, Ulster etc home and away, which they at least used to do semi-regularly. This season they've been tamely rolled over by all mentioned. Their position on the table is the only positive feature and that is mainly due to success in the derbies and big wins over weakened Treviso sides like the other night. Can't see them winning the title or even making the final against the other sides in the mix.

Jesus wept. I'd rather where dog eggs on my head than an Ospreys shirt but you do know they are trying to compete with rival teams that their own union feckin' subsidise to help beat them don't you?

Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:37 am

Notch wrote:No, you aren't entitled to call someone else's posts BS, because it inflames the situation, and you don't seem to have learnt your lessons from previous warnings/bans.

maybe he's going to cast a magic spell on them if the "smiting" doesnt work... Laugh 

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:03 am

Agree that we've struggled against the big teams this year but its a role reversal from past seasons. We'd beat them but not the likes of Treviso etc. This season the Os have, and got bp's to boot. I genuinely believe the Os have a good batch of youguns coming thru and its up to the management team to get them to the next level.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Allty Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:44 am

[quote="LordDowlais"]I am watching the Ospreys V Munster, it's time to walk away I reckon. steam [/quote]

Please speak for yourself not all of us.

The ref had a good game yesterday the result was fair.

If you dont like it turn your TV off

Allty

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:47 am

LordDowlais wrote:

I wouldnt disagree with your sentiment here. The fact is the standard of reffing in the Pro 12 has been poor for years. I dont think its biased but just a very poor standard (its been very inconsitent and has affected all teams from all nations at one point or another). The league only has a couple of good refs in it and the rest of them are there to be developed by the Unions. Unfortunatly I dont believe the Pro 12 should be a development tool for refs for the Unions. For me in order for the Pro 12 to improve the standard of refs does need to be addressed and we should be looking at bringing in some top refs into the league even if it means going after some SH ones. Additionally they need to address making these full time refs in the long term.

That said Dowlais, the current plight of the Regions has nothing to do with the Refs. Bottom line we are just not good enough at the moment to challenge the Irish. I was deeply disappointed by Phil Davies's comments (at the last match) that the current result are down to a lack of funds. Its just passing the buck. The Blues have a big enough budget to do far better than the farce they are serving up to fans regardless of the funding issue. For me our management/coaching at these teams just isnt up to standard.

I'd also like to point out that the average age of the Irish sides is far higher. They have far mor players on their rosters in their prime (between 26-29) with a lot of playing experience than the welsh regions. For me maybe thats down to funding but I suspect these youngsters are being paid to well in fear of them leaving resulting in the Regions lacking the required experience to be successful.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:55 am

The standard of refereeing across all the leagues is very poor and even at international level its poor. I don't know who is coaching these refs or what they have to do to become a top level ref but things have to change.

Hopefully when Owens retires he can go into coaching new referees.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:58 am

LeinsterFan4life wrote:

Hopefully when Owens retires he can go into coaching new referees.

Thats actually a good shout. At the moment I'd have to say he is head and shoulders ahead of all the other refs in the game (by quite some distance too). If that is the template standard of training we wouldnt go far wrong. A class act!

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:28 pm

I had a quick look at the results to see if LD had a point. In the games between Welsh Regions and the big 3 Irish Provinces this season so far;

Irish ref = Welsh win in 1 out of 6 games         ie. 16.7%%
Welsh ref = Welsh win in 0.5* out of 4 games  ie. 12.5%
Neutral ref = Welsh win in 1 out of 9 games     ie. 11.1%

Looks like the Irish refs are your best hope LD!

Whistle 

*Leinster v Ospreys was a draw.

I know these stats are not the only way to present the results.

Last edited by MrsP on Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:32 pm

Surely that last one in Welsh win in 1 out of 9.

Dragons have beaten Ulster, Ospreys drew with Leinster and Scarlets beat Ulster right?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:37 pm

Indeed it should Notch.

I had initially presented the figures as % Irish wins but I thought that might be too inflamatory for some.

Very Happy 

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next