The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+11
88Chris05
TopHat24/7
superflyweight
ShahenshahG
Mind the windows Tino.
JuliusHMarx
Rowley
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
Galted
Adam D
15 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Adam D Thu 27 Feb 2014, 8:23 am

First topic message reminder :

As the old thread is reaching its max again, I thought I would set up a whole new 20 spare pages for you all to talk about things neither cultural or Cup based.

Not that it makes a difference.

All anthropod, cortex and mild stereotyping of northerners welcome in here.

Just don't ask about the 2014 cup competition though.

Last edited by Adam D on Thu 27 Feb 2014, 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 04 Mar 2014, 9:31 am

Galted wrote:
Rowley wrote:

Am in that London again tomorrow.

I viewed a property in that London last night, was a one bedroom flat in the arse-end of Greenwich, £1400 a month.  Wondered what I could get in Rotherham for that much and the rent didn't seem to go that high, found a decent-looking three-bedroom house with a fair-sized garden for £795.  We might be neighbours soon, Jeff, borrowing garden tools and rugged footwear and hating each other's pets.

Not bad.

I rent a 1 bed flat in Finsbury Park for £1,350 a month and Greenwich is much nicer than FP.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 04 Mar 2014, 9:31 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Big day for me yesterday.

I ordered 5 new shirt and jumper combinations last night.  Straight out of the Next catalogue.  Should arrive today.  Pretty excited.

Sh*t the bed, Jeff?

NEXT??! You're a fooking hedge fund manager!!

Why aren't you down Thomas Pink or, at least, Charles Tyrwhitt or TM Lewin??

A) I am not a hedge fund manager

and

B) I am not a c*nt like you.

you should have seen that one coming tophat

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 04 Mar 2014, 9:32 am

Linebreaker wrote:

NSW. I've recently moved from the wild country in northern Sydney to the land of bricks and concrete. Loving it.

Are you in funnel web territory?

I believe so.

Massive facking spiders on fraser island. Looked fast as well. Hate the barstewards.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 04 Mar 2014, 9:34 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:

I ordered 5 new shirt and jumper combinations last night.  Straight out of the Next catalogue.  Should arrive today.  Pretty excited.

Sh*t the bed, Jeff?

Well you should try working a little harder then. Maybe if you didn't spend all your time either rutting or stalking celebrities you might get a promotion, and be able to afford proper shirts.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Mar 2014, 9:34 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:

NSW. I've recently moved from the wild country in northern Sydney to the land of bricks and concrete. Loving it.

I believe so.

Massive facking spiders on fraser island. Looked fast as well. Hate the barstewards.

Where is Fraser island? I have never been to Oz.

I think Sydney funnel webs are only within a a certain radius of the city although I could be mistaken. Hard b'stard of the spider world.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 04 Mar 2014, 9:34 am

Linebreaker wrote:

I used to be. Actually the numbers seem down compared to the 70s, 80s (where I used to live). Their nests get built over.

Where I am now - no funnel webs (haven't seen any) but quite a few redbacks... but they usually keep to themselves. The odd red-belly black snake crops up closer to the wetland / industrial area about 5km away.

I got bitten on the fleshy part of my forearm by a Golden Orb spider when I was a kid.

The pain sort of intensified after 20 minutes... swelling up the size of a golf ball. Itchy and sore as hell. When I popped it a few days later.... you don't want to know. The puss was extraordinary!
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Mar 2014, 9:35 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Sh*t the bed, Jeff?

Well you should try working a little harder then.  Maybe if you didn't spend all your time either rutting or stalking celebrities you might get a promotion, and be able to afford proper shirts.

Thanks for the advice, fat lad. I will keep it in mind.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 04 Mar 2014, 9:36 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Galted wrote:
Rowley wrote:

I viewed a property in that London last night, was a one bedroom flat in the arse-end of Greenwich, £1400 a month.  Wondered what I could get in Rotherham for that much and the rent didn't seem to go that high, found a decent-looking three-bedroom house with a fair-sized garden for £795.  We might be neighbours soon, Jeff, borrowing garden tools and rugged footwear and hating each other's pets.

Not bad.

I rent a 1 bed flat in Finsbury Park for £1,350 a month and Greenwich is much nicer than FP.

Place was ok, surroundings weren't, was probably closer to Westcombe Park than Greenwich. Just looked at a flat in Dartford, nearest stations were listed as Darlington (224.1 mi), North Road (225.1 mi) and Dinsdale (222.6 mi) - got to love RightMove.

Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 04 Mar 2014, 9:40 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:

I believe so.

Where is Fraser island?  I have never been to Oz.

I think Sydney funnel webs are only within a a certain radius of the city although I could be mistaken.  Hard b'stard of the spider world.

Just north of Brisbane. Big sand island with rainforest and funnel webs.

Spiders everywhere especially the bogs. I had to crap on the beach as I wouldn't go near them. Bloody nasty looking monitor lizards as well. And big facking sand flies that chased you. Loved it though.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 04 Mar 2014, 9:41 am

Tino - there are various funnel web species from Tassie up to southern Qld. The Blue Mountains ones are the most toxic apparently. Basically, the Sydney species is practically everywhere where there are un-concreted areas. So you get them in parks near Bondi (east), north, south and west but less so in the inner west where the heaviest population is.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Mar 2014, 9:44 am

Linebreaker wrote:Tino - there are various funnel web species from Tassie up to southern Qld. The Blue Mountains ones are the most toxic apparently. Basically, the Sydney species is practically everywhere where there are un-concreted areas. So you get them in parks near Bondi (east), north, south and west but less so in the inner west where the heaviest population is.

OK, thanks LB. The Sydney ones look the most aggressive when they rear up but I haven't heard of Blue Mountain ones. Interesting stuff, thanks.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 04 Mar 2014, 9:44 am

Galted wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Galted wrote:
Rowley wrote:

Not bad.

Place was ok, surroundings weren't, was probably closer to Westcombe Park than Greenwich.  Just looked at a flat in Dartford, nearest stations were listed as Darlington (224.1 mi), North Road (225.1 mi) and Dinsdale (222.6 mi) - got to love RightMove.

Ah, ok.

Friends just bought a house in Westcombe Park, never quite saw the attraction personally.

That said I prefer to avoid sarf landan as a general rule of thumb anyway...

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 04 Mar 2014, 9:50 am

This is a true story of survival and death in the world of anthropods.

Myself, brother and a few mates booked a sailing break in the whitsundays (islands in the barrier reef) and the break included a stay on a fairly uninhabited island. At a BBQ / dinner one night we were sat around with the crew when a moth flew down on to the table. Some stupid yank tried to swat it but the crew member ( a biologist) saved the moth and castigated the yank. After a brief lesson on moths the crew member released the moth which duly flew to the nearest light and, spider web. From nowhere a gobstopper sized black and white striped spider (everton mint) jumped out and engulfed the moth.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 04 Mar 2014, 9:52 am

Linebreaker wrote:Tino - there are various funnel web species from Tassie up to southern Qld. The Blue Mountains ones are the most toxic apparently. Basically, the Sydney species is practically everywhere where there are un-concreted areas. So you get them in parks near Bondi (east), north, south and west but less so in the inner west where the heaviest population is.

OK, thanks LB.  The Sydney ones look the most aggressive when they rear up but I haven't heard of Blue Mountain ones.  Interesting stuff, thanks.

Are you trying to shut LB up because his arthropod stories are from experience and not BBC documentaries and YouTube?
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Mar 2014, 9:54 am

Galted wrote:

OK, thanks LB.  The Sydney ones look the most aggressive when they rear up but I haven't heard of Blue Mountain ones.  Interesting stuff, thanks.

Are you trying to shut LB up because his arthropod stories are from experience and not BBC documentaries and YouTube?

How have I tried to shut him up? I am interested in his stories, genuinely.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 04 Mar 2014, 9:55 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Galted wrote:
Rowley wrote:

Not bad.

Wow. Back in 1989-90 I rented a 1br in Notting Hill and shared a small 3br flat in Holland Park (Royal Cresc.) Think I paid roughly £80 a week for both.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 04 Mar 2014, 9:58 am

Linebreaker wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Galted wrote:
Rowley wrote:

Not bad.

Wow. Back in 1989-90 I rented a 1br in Notting Hill and shared a small 3br flat in Holland Park (Royal Cresc.) Think I paid roughly £80 a week for both.

Cheers, LB, it's back to the cricket boards for you otherwise I'm going to carry on self-harming and writing emo poems.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 04 Mar 2014, 9:59 am

seanmichaels wrote:This is a true story of survival and death in the world of anthropods.

Myself, brother and a few mates booked a sailing break in the whitsundays (islands in the barrier reef) and the break included a stay on a fairly uninhabited island. At a BBQ / dinner one night we were sat around with the crew when a moth flew down on to the table. Some stupid yank tried to swat it but the crew member ( a biologist) saved the moth and castigated the yank. After a brief lesson on moths the crew member released the moth which duly flew to the nearest light and, spider web. From nowhere a gobstopper sized black and white striped spider (everton mint) jumped out and engulfed the moth.

There's a you tube video of this giant spider sucking the life out of some decent sized bird (the feathered type that flies...) Awful way to go.

Too scared to google it but I know it's there. It was in north Qld - Daintree? or somewhere?
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 04 Mar 2014, 10:01 am

Linebreaker wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:This is a true story of survival and death in the world of anthropods.

There's a you tube video of this giant spider sucking the life out of some decent sized bird (the feathered type that flies...) Awful way to go.

Too scared to google it but I know it's there. It was in north Qld - Daintree? or somewhere?

Went to Daintree. There's a tree there that has heart shaped flowers. If you touch it the sting can last for ever.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Mar 2014, 10:01 am

Linebreaker wrote:

Goliath bird eaters have a reputation for killing and eating birds, hence the name, but it is pretty rare occasion that they catch one. The bird normally has to be injured so it can't fly. Biggest spider in the world.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 04 Mar 2014, 10:02 am

Galted wrote:

How have I tried to shut him up?  I am interested in his stories, genuinely.

Then why did you thank him twice in quick succession? When I repeatedly thank someone it's often because I'd quite like for them to shut the f*ck up.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 04 Mar 2014, 10:03 am

I have no interesting arthropod-related anecdote, nor have I ever rented a flat in London. I have led a sheltered life and am now paying the price.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 04 Mar 2014, 10:03 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:

Went to Daintree. There's a tree there that has heart shaped flowers. If you touch it the sting can last for ever.

I think that you probably read that in a CS Lewis story, michaels.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 04 Mar 2014, 10:04 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:I have no interesting arthropod-related anecdote, nor have I ever rented a flat in London. I have led a sheltered life and am now paying the price.

Tell us about the time you reversed over an urchin in your Morgan.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 04 Mar 2014, 10:05 am

Galted wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:

Ye of little faith http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendrocnide_moroides

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 04 Mar 2014, 10:05 am

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

Then why did you thank him twice in quick succession?  When I repeatedly thank someone it's often because I'd quite like for them to shut the f*ck up.  

Please don't make me regret mentioning that, Tino.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Mar 2014, 10:06 am

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

Then why did you thank him twice in quick succession?  When I repeatedly thank someone it's often because I'd quite like for them to shut the f*ck up.  

I am nothing like you, thankfully. But thanks for your post. I really appreciate it, so thanks.

Thanks, Galted. Thanks.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Mar 2014, 10:06 am

Damn your eyes.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 04 Mar 2014, 10:07 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:

Ye of little faith http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendrocnide_moroides

Very well backed up. I've not doubted any of your posts before and I see no reason to do so again.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 04 Mar 2014, 10:08 am

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:I have no interesting arthropod-related anecdote, nor have I ever rented a flat in London. I have led a sheltered life and am now paying the price.

Tell us about the time you reversed over an urchin in your Morgan.

I reversed over an urchin in my Morgan.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 04 Mar 2014, 10:08 am

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

I am nothing like you, thankfully.  But thanks for your post.  I really appreciate it, so thanks.

Thanks, Galted.  Thanks.

F*ck you, Tino.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 04 Mar 2014, 10:11 am

Galted wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Galted wrote:
Rowley wrote:

Not bad.

Cheers, LB, it's back to the cricket boards for you otherwise I'm going to carry on self-harming and writing emo poems.

How about the Olympic Park, Galted?

• 200 private homes let at East Village, E20. Around 200 private rented homes have been let at Qatari Diar’s and Delancey’s private rented initiative Get Living London at East Village, E20. Chief executive at Get Living London Derek Gorman commented on the initiatives the group is introducing to encourage people to rent for the long-term, noting, “We have 1,439 units and 200 away, so we have a bit of work to make sure we get this scheme up and developed and running. In the long term, it is a platform business and we are looking to create more Get Living London’s across London and in other places.” (Source: EGi)

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 04 Mar 2014, 10:18 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:

• 200 private homes let at East Village, E20. Around 200 private rented homes have been let at Qatari Diar’s and Delancey’s private rented initiative Get Living London at East Village, E20. Chief executive at Get Living London Derek Gorman commented on the initiatives the group is introducing to encourage people to rent for the long-term, noting, “We have 1,439 units and 200 away, so we have a bit of work to make sure we get this scheme up and developed and running. In the long term, it is a platform business and we are looking to create more Get Living London’s across London and in other places.” (Source: EGi)

Rotherham appeals more.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 04 Mar 2014, 10:21 am

Lol

You've clearly never been to Rotherham! It's like a worse version of Barnsley......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 04 Mar 2014, 10:28 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Galted wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Galted wrote:
Rowley wrote:

Not bad.

Cheers, TopHat, I will look into it. Have never really considered East London before as I have quite a few mates from there, none of whom I'd want as neighbours.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 04 Mar 2014, 11:02 am

Southern on here today

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Mar 2014, 11:06 am

Hello Rick.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 04 Mar 2014, 11:06 am

Morning Tino, how the devil are we this fine day?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Mar 2014, 11:11 am

rick_dagless wrote:Morning Tino, how the devil are we this fine day?

Very well, thanks. You?

You missed a cracking discussion on various types of spiders this morning.

Michaels came out with a belter of an anecdote as well. A moth flew into a spiders web and got eaten. I kid you not.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 04 Mar 2014, 11:12 am

Galted wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Galted wrote:
Rowley wrote:

Not bad.

Thank you... thank you, Galted. Can you please? Or how about a few lines of limericks?

When should they declare? Around a 576 run lead... considering Faf is in good form and ABDV has it in for us?

Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 04 Mar 2014, 11:17 am

Tino wrote:Very well, thanks. You?

You missed a cracking discussion on various types of spiders this morning.

Michaels came out with a belter of an anecdote as well. A moth flew into a spiders web and got eaten. I kid you not.

I will have a gander when i get a moment, though i am surprised that michaels came up with an interesting anecdote which didn't involve females and any other argument which vehemently opposes any public school shenanigans.

But I grand cheers, refreshed after a long weekend doing not a great deal!

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Mar 2014, 11:19 am

rick_dagless wrote:
I will have a gander when i get a moment, though i am surprised that michaels came up with an interesting anecdote which didn't involve females and any other argument which vehemently opposes any public school shenanigans.

I think he was being pleasured by a mermaid when he saw the moth and spider incident.

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Tue 04 Mar 2014, 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 04 Mar 2014, 11:21 am

Tino wrote:I think he was being pleasured by a mermaid when he saw the moth and spider incident.

Sounds more plausibe for a michaels anecdote...

Though I wonder if Toppy then went on to eat the spider that swallowed the moth

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 04 Mar 2014, 11:24 am

Not unless it was deep fried.......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 04 Mar 2014, 11:25 am

Fair point well made Toppy..

you could probably order that in superflyweights local chippy

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 04 Mar 2014, 11:28 am

Linebreaker wrote:
Galted wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Galted wrote:
Rowley wrote:

Not bad.

Thank you... thank you, Galted. Can you please? Or how about a few lines of limericks?

When should they declare? Around a 576 run lead... considering Faf is in good form and ABDV has it in for us?

I would guess 420ish but don't want to give SA too much time to chase in case there's some miracle to celebrate Smith's last hurrah.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 04 Mar 2014, 11:31 am

Galted wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:
Galted wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Galted wrote:
Rowley wrote:

Not bad.

I would guess 420ish but don't want to give SA too much time to chase in case there's some miracle to celebrate Smith's last hurrah.

Think (T)Watto wants a quick ton too. The squirrel has already gone beserk.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 04 Mar 2014, 11:41 am

Linebreaker wrote:
Galted wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:
Galted wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Galted wrote:
Rowley wrote:

Not bad.

Think (T)Watto wants a quick ton too. The squirrel has already gone beserk.

Bloody hell, 52 runs since I last looked, which wasn't that long ago.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 04 Mar 2014, 11:43 am

Just dropped into the boxing board. What is happening in the crazy world of insects and practical but horrifically dull clothing.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 04 Mar 2014, 11:45 am

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next