The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gus v Manuwa

4 posters

Go down

Gus v Manuwa Empty Gus v Manuwa

Post by Rinsure Wed 05 Mar 2014, 4:58 pm

Saturday night's UK fight night... anyone rate Jimi's chances outside of a "puncher's shot"? I can see his power shots troubling Gus, but only if he can get in position to land them, and I think with the quality of boxing we saw from Gus against Bones then the chances may well be restricted.

It's a five rounder, right? Real step-up for Jimi, whereas Gus' last fight went the championship round distance. Admittedly Gus looked out on his feet for portions of the fourth and fifth...

If it goes to the ground I can't see anything but Gus dominating. Just a step up too far for Jimi at this moment in time.

As much as I'd like Jimi to do well, I'm pulling for Gus 'coz I really want to see that rematch...

Thoughts?

Johnson v Guillard looks like a tasty one too.

Rinsure

Back to top Go down

Gus v Manuwa Empty Re: Gus v Manuwa

Post by Pr4wn Thu 06 Mar 2014, 2:13 pm

Gus is a class act and I think he'll end up being too much for Manuwa to handle. Would love to see him get another crack at Bones too.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Sun 09 Mar 2014, 10:34 pm

Commentary was dismal but I thought there were some good fights on this card.Gus was just too classy for Manuwa in the end.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinsure Mon 10 Mar 2014, 9:32 am

Only saw the Johnson v Guillard & Gus fights. The host was diabolical - I felt embarrassed for Forrest Griffin. I'm going to offer my services to C5 for their next broadcast!

Gus was way too good. Sets up the JBJ match if JBJ can get past Glover.

Johnson looked frustrated all fight; Guillard didn't win any friends.

Rinsure

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 11 Mar 2014, 11:41 am

have to agree that the coverage from channel 5 was shocking, one thing i always thought about the ufc is that the coverage is normally spot on as were watching the same show that the Americans do. first time we give it a try this is the best we've got!! it was frankly embarrassing. the host didnt have a clue and the commentary was poor, some people dont like rogan but id take rogan over either of them any day of the week

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 11 Mar 2014, 11:42 am

also how much time did they waste in the studio talking nonsense, id rather watch some more of the undercards!

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 11 Mar 2014, 12:31 pm

Was the channel 5 coverage the same as BT?

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinsure Tue 11 Mar 2014, 4:05 pm

Not sure, Pr4wn. I've got both, but I watched it on C5. I'll reconsider next time! The studio show was dire.

Thought Dan Hardy did okay in the ring in the Rogan slot, though, although not as bombastic. He *is* British, though!

Rinsure

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 11 Mar 2014, 4:28 pm

Pr4wn wrote:Was the channel 5 coverage the same as BT?

i doubt it pr4wn, BT is normally the US feed and is pretty decent. channel 5 was Britains attempt and was shocking

think i may need to get BT back, missed out on a lot of ufc recently

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 12 Mar 2014, 9:37 am

Watched it on BT Sport and thought Hardy and his co-comntator done really well and would be happy for them to do the European cards.

The announcer was poor and why they had rugby player James Haskell doing the interviews I'll never know! He does a few things for UFC in the UK but he simply isn't knowledgeable enough. He called the Gus/Jimi fight a 'title fight'!

The US beats the UK hands down in production and has a much more glossy finish.

Gus was a couple of levels above Jimi. Jimi will learn but he's 34 now so will need to rebound quick.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum