The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6 Nations Champions

+15
majesticimperialman
LondonTiger
blackcanelion
Feckless Rogue
rodders
Dave.
No9
wrfc1980
Barney McGrew did it
Poorfour
theslosty
whocares
Taylorman
Scrumpy
Metal Tiger
19 posters

Go down

6 Nations Champions Empty 6 Nations Champions

Post by Metal Tiger Sat 15 Mar 2014, 7:12 pm

Congratulations Ireland!

Well deserved & worthy winners. What a way to send BOD off.

Great game.
Metal Tiger
Metal Tiger

Back to top Go down

6 Nations Champions Empty Re: 6 Nations Champions

Post by Scrumpy Sat 15 Mar 2014, 7:15 pm

Very good game, Ireland and England were the stand out teams and played the game in the right spirit, but boy France nearly did it again!
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 15 Mar 2014, 8:56 pm

Yes well done Ireland. Bit lucky that the last french pass was thrown poorly- no reason it needed to be as the player was well back. Previous French backs wouldnt have stuffed that up so badly.

But it made the difference, and unlike the last minute match saving try vs the ABs they werent to be denied here.

So heres a question for Irish fans...if given the choice which try would they have preferred not to be scored at the death...the French or AB one?

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Sat 15 Mar 2014, 9:03 pm

To be fair it was Pape who did that rubbish pass, not exactly known for his skills ball in hand!

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by theslosty Sat 15 Mar 2014, 9:04 pm

Can't speak for all Irish fans but my answer will probably satisfy you Taylorman  Wink ... only a Grand Slam would come close to the sheer relief of finally defeating your lot.
theslosty
theslosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Sat 15 Mar 2014, 9:10 pm

Well done Ireland. A fitting and deserved send off for a player who has lit up 21st century rugby.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 15 Mar 2014, 9:15 pm

theslosty wrote:Can't speak for all Irish fans but my answer will probably satisfy you Taylorman  Wink ... only a Grand Slam would come close to the sheer relief of finally defeating your lot.

nice scenes at the end...pity it wasnt in Ireland but it probably feels ilke it was anyway...everyone tuned in...Ireland showed thay had a great team vs the ABs..this was certainly validation of that...and our fulla Schmidt will be happy...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney McGrew did it Sat 15 Mar 2014, 9:34 pm

Sheez that was closer than it needed to be. Anyway well deserved victory and championship. England will just have to be satisfied with a moral victory Very Happy Sad
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by theslosty Sat 15 Mar 2014, 9:36 pm

Taylorman wrote:
theslosty wrote:Can't speak for all Irish fans but my answer will probably satisfy you Taylorman  Wink ... only a Grand Slam would come close to the sheer relief of finally defeating your lot.

nice scenes at the end...pity it wasnt in Ireland but it probably feels ilke it was anyway...everyone tuned in...Ireland showed thay had a great team vs the ABs..this was certainly validation of that...and our fulla Schmidt will be happy...
Yeah but keep your hands off him for a few years at least  Very Happy
theslosty
theslosty

Back to top Go down

Post by wrfc1980 Sat 15 Mar 2014, 9:40 pm

Congrats ireland. Looking forward to the 2015 6 nations already!

wrfc1980

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Sat 15 Mar 2014, 9:42 pm

Well done England, done more than I expected in Rome, but not quite enough to put Ireland chasing points diff... That would have been a nail biter if you had eh... But well done, showed your building a strong side there for next year.

And to the 2014 champs.... Well done Ireland. Few squeaky bum moments as France tried their best to spoil BOD's party, but the better team won in the end...

On a side note.... Why oh why couldn't Wales have played like today at our away games this year...

Congrats Ireland...

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Sat 15 Mar 2014, 9:44 pm

Sky is the limit for this team. There's a chance to win the RWC. I'm serious. We should fear no one! Will be tough, but to quote this forums favourite Deefer.... BELIEVE!

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Mar 2014, 10:04 pm

Well done Ireland, happy for you guys Smile

Didn't watch the game but it sounds like the French almost did a France on you. Now you guys have to consolidate from this 6N success.

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Sat 15 Mar 2014, 11:04 pm

Dave. wrote:Sky is the limit for this team. There's a chance to win the RWC. I'm serious. We should fear no one! Will be tough, but to quote this forums favourite Deefer.... BELIEVE!

Win the RWC ? Smile one step at a time. try getting through the pool stages to start with Wink

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 15 Mar 2014, 11:12 pm

Taylorman wrote:
So heres a question for Irish fans...if given the choice which try would they have preferred not to be scored at the death...the French or AB one?

Fantastic question and one that has spoiled my evening because I'd rather have beaten the ABs... or maybe I'd rather have won today....... that said Sarkozy dropped the ball before touching the post so we'd be moral 6N champs anyways!  
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Sat 15 Mar 2014, 11:19 pm

True rodders, it was a knock on. But it wouldn't be Ireland if it wasn't a heart attack inducing finish.

I liked the gushing compliments shaggy and ROG gave to Trimble on RTE. They seemed genuinely happy that a guy they've seen doing the business for Ulster and in training has finally brought it for Ireland this year. And especially today in one of the most intimidating stadiums in rugby. He had a great tournament.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcanelion Sun 16 Mar 2014, 7:58 am

Well done Ireland. Played some cracking rugbyl over the last couple of months.

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 16 Mar 2014, 8:09 am

rodders wrote:
Taylorman wrote:

Fantastic question and one that has spoiled my evening because I'd rather have beaten the ABs... or maybe I'd rather have won today....... that said Sarkozy dropped the ball before touching the post so we'd be moral 6N champs anyways!  

ah, but if that had been seen, Walsh would have gone back for the penalty and probably sin-binned an Irishman after 4 offences in very short order close to the line. Then things could be very different.

Of course if my aunt had balls......

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 16 Mar 2014, 8:10 am

PS congratulations

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 16 Mar 2014, 8:40 am

Well done Ireland. Well deserved winners this year. But the French nearly did you in the end, if it wasn't for that forward pass at the death?

BOD (Man of the match) Really? did he really deserve to be MOM?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 16 Mar 2014, 9:01 am

Just reading the title is sweet.

My heart was racing yesterday.

Well done lads.

and thanks to Johnny for helping me win £40. the bottles of champagne went down a treat.

Great send off for Brian.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Sun 16 Mar 2014, 9:12 am

Congratulations to Ireland on that wonder win the compelling match at Le Stade.

I thought that Dulin try was good and Walsh got it right (maybe inadvertently).
One finger was in contact with the ball to apply the necessary 'downward' (sic) pressure in my view.

The Parisians were literally appalled by their loss and the smog has resulted in a bit of of an environmental crisis.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 16 Mar 2014, 2:09 pm

Thanks to the gracious fans of all the other nations who have congratulated us.  Especial word for the English who were in the position of strategically benefitting from an Irish loss.

But they have been humble pre and post games and very open in their acknowledgement of Ireland's win in the hot hot cauldron of Paris. And this declaration thread itself is written by an Englishman.  
And a word too for Lancaster who said some very nice things in the aftermath of it all.  A great coach and a man who clearly knows that individual games can often be more than games but Cultural occasions.  
There have been a few of those through the 6Ns. And, as often as this tournament divides neighbours, it has probably more often provided moments for connection and mutual respect.  This has seriously happened over the years with the Irish and English.  From the moment they "turned up" at a game in Lansdowne road in an era when perhaps they were considered least welcome and least likely to do so ...and onto Croke Park.... it's important to acknowledge that sport can outgrow sport.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 16 Mar 2014, 2:52 pm

Congrats to Ireland. On balance the best team in the tournament by a small margin from the English, so deserving winners. Taking a none partisan approach, few would begrudge BOD such a fitting send off. Great for the tournament that it had such a tense finale too.

As an Englishmen, I'm happy enough with progress and the performance yesterday.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down